Canadiens’ Max Pacioretty and Russian hockey stars Vladislav Tretiak and Alex Ovechkin will be joined Friday evening from 6 p.m. by other players present and past at Montreal’s Le Windsor for a gala cocktail/dinner fundraising auction.
Here’s the link to the event. Tickets will be available at the door, 1170 Peel St. (below Ste. Catherine St. W.), for $195 each.
The event will benefit the charitable foundations of Pacioretty, who is working to raise $3.5 million to buy an MRI machine for the Montreal General Hospital to diagnose and treat brain-trauma injuries, and Tretiak, who has long worked globally to improve the health and welfare of needy Russian children.
It is the first major fundraising event for Pacioretty since he created his foundation last autumn.
Ovechkin, in town with his Washington Capitals for Saturday’s Bell Centre matinée against the Canadiens, will lend his support, as will a number of Pacioretty’s teammates and likely a few Canadiens alumni as well.
Dozens of items will be featured in live and silent auctions. They include:
• A trip to Moscow in April for Tretiak’s 60th birthday bash
• Dinner with Pacioretty, his wife, Katia, and former Canadien Chris Nilan, the meal prepared by celebrity chef Chuck Hughes
• A private dinner with Ovechkin
• Exclusive jewelry from the private collections of Tretiak, Ovechkin and Canadiens icon Henri Richard
• A week-long trip to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
• Autographed jerseys of Jean Béliveau, Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Patrick Roy, Carey Price, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Andrei Markov and Andrei Kostitsyn
• A Kremlin tour for five
• A variety of signed, historic photos and lithographs; and much more.