• Audio update: Pacioretty skates, Spacek practises

HIOplaceholder5

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Carey Price | Hal Gill | P.K. Subban

Max Pacioretty skated lightly at the Bell Sports Complex Friday morning, a 20-minute session part of his ongoing rehabilitation.

Defenceman Jaroslav Spacek practised with his teammates, albeit in a white non-contact jersey. But it was a good sign to see the veteran taking part; he was injured Feb. 2, continued to play through Feb. 12, then finally had arthroscopic surgery on March 4. This was his first workout with the club after having skated on his own in the past week.

Jeff Halpern will not make the trip to New Jsersey. He is suffering from a lower-body injury and is listed as day-to-day, according to head coach Jacques Martin. Defenceman Alexandre Picard (foot) remained off the ice.

1. Nahlsy says:

Would be nice to win tonight and be the team that sends Captain Incest (Brodeur) into retirement.

2. Marc10 says:

I hope Patches got cleared to skate by Dr Recchi… Glad he’s on track. This team isn’t the same without him (and who would have ever thought we’d say that at the start of the season…)

• Fig Newton says:

What an AMAZING recovery from a “broken neck”. Just imagine, you BREAK YOUR NECK, and a short three weeks later you are on skates. And a few short weeks after that, you might actually be able to play in one of the hardest hitting, toughest, nastiest, most physically demanding sports known to man.

They should do a case study on this one. It only proves that miracles can happen.

Somebody should dial 911 to report the “Montreal Miracle”!!!

• ZepFan2 says:

“Somebody should dial 911 to report the “Montreal Miracle”!!!”

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go dial 911″

Do you have some kind of problem with short term memory?

Maybe you should consult Dr. Recchi. He’ll diagnose you reaaal good!

————————————————————————
        Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Head-shots League.

• Fig Newton says:

Noooo problem whatsoever, zippy. Dr. Recchi hit the nail right on the head (pun intended) with his diagnosis of Pacioretty. Guess that’s why you Canadiens fans get so PO’d. Can’t stand that he was right on, eh?

Oh, hey, guess what? Bruins clinch the Division. And Dr. Recchi scored a nice gimme goal. Just a perfect afternoon. Maybe you can get a bit closer to clinching the cellar with a loss to the Devils tonight, eh? That will turn the perfect afternoon into a perfect day all around.

Gonna go call 911 now to find out what time the Devils-Canadiens game starts.

3. TINMAN17 says:

Why do people keep bringing Gainey up as a loser and a bad GM, didn’t his Stars win a cup?
    As I see it, the organization has been screwed as far back as Roy to the Avs and probably well before that. That one mistake has taken almost 20 years to correct.
    Not that I am defending anyone, but a couple of years ago everyone was saying the habs were doing the right things for the “new” NHL, where speed trumps everything. Conversely, the Bruins were being dumped on left and right even in their hometown media for not getting faster, and sticking with the “big, bad bruins” style of hockey. I for one think when the playoffs start and we square off with those same Bruins, fighting and their nonsense style of play will be their undoing. Habs in 5, that’s right I said it.
    And if anyone is going to respond to this at least tell me how to put a pic on here. I’m a construction worker that never learned much about computers, my bad.

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• Fig Newton says:

I want some of whatever you’re smoking. Montreal in five? Five what? Years? If you’re lucky, you’ll barely make the playoffs.

• Clay says:

It must be difficult being a Boston fan…so many years of being the bitches of the Habs must really take its toll. I pity you, really…

__________________________
        The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

• Fig Newton says:

Not difficult at all. Plenty of diversions like watching Montreal get shut out 3 games in a row, or seeing how you all work yourselves into a frenzy on this board over Chara and Marchand. Oh, and let’s not forget watching Pyatt getting the snot beat out of him by Campbell….I especially enjoyed that one. He provided me with a great avatar.

• Bugs says:

Oh yeah, that was the game that Krejci got KOed by Pouliot and Ference was demolished by Moen, right? I remember that one.
            That makes up for 80 years of being our bitches?
            Well, that’s fine with us.

Chillin like MacMillan, potty-boy says he’s L. B. Potter, esq.

• HabsFanInVictoria says:

Nobody ever would have thought Habs in 7 against Caps and Pens.

• RowGuy says:

Hey Figgy
        You’ve got a LONG way to go before the numbers add up to to even breaking even, let alone giving you anything to feel smug about.

One series doesn’t win the battle…and your Boons have been losing this war for QUITE awhile now…So go slither back into your beantown dive, give your Mom a kiss the way she likes it, and try your blatherings out on the drunken louts you call friends instead…Nobody gives your kind a second thought around here.

BTW: I’m with TinMan…Broons are clearly disadvantaged by playoff hockey…Even if you spot them a 3 game lead!

1st and Out

“If I could be a forward…ANY forward…I’d be Bob Gainey”
        -Ken Dryden

• Fig Newton says:

Doesn’t matter much really, Skippy. You guys pretty much suck this year, and all that wishful thinking won’t get you into the playoffs.
          2011 Playoffs: Bruins- in… Canadiens- Not so much.

Not quite sure what ‘series’ and ‘battle’ you are referring to, maybe you can clarify it if you are capable. You might wanna think about waiting until the alcohol wears off before you try to post again.

By the way, I’m deeply hurt by your crushing insults…AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…good one, eh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and it’s interesting to see Pacioretty skating three weeks after his ‘broken neck’. Yeah, very interesting.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go dial 911 ;)

• Bob_Sacamano says:

The most interesting thing actually is the amount of dumb Boston fans we have witnessed once again this season. The good thing about it: Once your loser franchise f…s up again (and everyone knows that´s just a matter of days or weeks), we won´t see clowns like you here for a long time.

• Mozeby says:

Last time I checked, the Habs have beaten the Bruins a few times this year. Hell, even the Leafs own them lately.

• dhenry1234 says:

You’re nothing but a faggot bruin fan. Please don’t tell me how dick tastes because i’m sure that semen is nasty. Please take that cock out of your mouth next time you post. And although i may get banned for this post. I’m sure that the few that see iit will love to laugh at a bruin fan that loves dick as small as chara’s n his mouth. What’s it like being a fan of a team that never has, and won’t in any future win the cup? How does loser dick taste you fuck in fagot GOOF. Yeah thats right. Those are fightin words. I would love to introduce you to my buddy Louisville slugger. We’ll fuck you up you lil piece of shit ahahahaha. Faggot goof. Look me up i dare ya .

• Fig Newton says:

Wow, I didn’t realize that Canadiens players actually posted to this board. OK, who are you? Pacioretty? Pyatt? Subban? Price? Comon, reveal yourself.

I’ll bet it must have taken most of your brain power to come up with that stunning post all on your own. I’m sure a genius like you will probably need a nap after exhausting yourself thinking that up all by yourself, won’t you? Hope you have sweet dreams of the Leafs knocking you out of the playoffs next Saturday. I’ll be cracking myself a Molson to celebrate.

Oh, and just a bit of advice: I suggest you take a break from posting until you can actually come up with a coherent sentence or two. Seriously. Maybe something above the third grade level? But, then again, I doubt you are capable of anything that advanced.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
          I don’t need to look you up. I saw my dog dropping you out of her her butt in the backyard this morning.

• Fig Newton says:

Yeah, you I’ll bet you NEED Louisville Slugger in a fight. I’m sure it would be hard for a girl like you to fight anybody without one. I’m sure you are unable to fight like a man. Just like that group of girls you put on the ice night after night.

• TINMAN17 says:

Fig Newton, you are such a donkey. That’s someone who is only good for carrying not thinking. Pacioretty has a fracture not a break, very different. Unlike the broken heart all the bruins fans have had for an eternity at the hands of the Habs, but maybe it’s not broken, just crushed. Look at D. Cherry, he still can’t let it go. I know all about fig newtons. They are soft and squishy, just like everyone else from Newton, MA. Remember you said the other day that only an insane person would go to the the St. Pats parade in South Boston? So I would venture a guess that you are the type of punk that would need a baseball bat in a fight, pu**y.

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• Fig Newton says:

“So I would venture a guess that you are the type of punk that would need a baseball bat in a fight, pu**y.”

What’s the matter Tinman? Have to recycle my comment about needing a bat in a fight cuz you are unable to come up with any original thought all on your own? You’re reminding me of your little girlfriend dhenry with the grade-school dialog.

Only little girls like you would need a bat in a fight. Unable to fight like men. But, hey, I don’t expect much from people who cheer for a team that puts a bunch of girls on the ice.

Just when I think Canadiens fans can’t get any dumber, people like you and dhenry post something here and prove me wrong. Is that 17 after your name your age or your IQ? Or does it mean you are a Lucic fan?

Oh, and hey DR. TINMAN, from http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/otherfractures/a/fracture.htm

Is it a Fracture or a Break?
          Despite what you may have heard, a broken bone is not worse than a fracture, they both mean the same thing. In fact, the word fracture, according to the Oxford English Dictionary is defined as “the act of being broken.” There are different types of fractures and broken bones, but these words mean the same thing!.

That’s courtesy of a REAL doctor, not someone who pretends they know what they are talking about on Hockey Inside Out

Thanks for proving my point, genius. Dial 911

Good luck in the cellar, girls. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• TINMAN17 says:

Actually, Punky Newton, I think I pretty much pointed out that you not I would need a bat. Obviously, you can look up whatever you like but your reading comprehension is lacking.
            17 is the number of my Local, as I stated earlier I am a construction worker. Apparently you couldn’t figure that one out. “Tinman” is for “Tinknocker” which is what a sheet metal worker is you knob.
            Also, I am aware that a fracture, whether simple or compound, and a break are synonymous, seeing how I have had both. Seeing how I said “both”, they can sometimes mean different things, whether medically speaking or colloquially. My wife is an x-ray and CT tech so I usually defer to her for medical questions. I also was a combat lifesaver in the Army, not that you would ever know anything about that. When I relayed to her Pacioretty’s injury, her and a Dr. at Children’s in Boston both said they would be more worried about the concussion. But, seeing how you and everyone else I know from Newton are elitist pricks I’m sure I’m only stating the obvious to you. By the way, nice life you got there, trolling sites for rival teams. You’re obviously some friendless D-bag that has nothing better to do with your time. I’m sure mom and dad are proud of you.

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• Fig Newton says:

Hey Tinfoil, being a union man explains it all. Do you need me to type a little slower so you can catch up?
            Combat lifesaver? Sounds like something you made up so you could make yourself feel important to your Southie buddies. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I’m betting all the Canadiens fans are resting easy tonight knowing that a “combat lifesaver” is on the case getting the inside scoop on concussions from your x-ray tech. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Too funny.

Imagine, a “combat lifesaver” (I LOVE that term) who doesn’t know that a fracture and broken bone are the same thing. Yeah, just who I’d want saving lives in combat.

Oh well, what can you expect from a union guy? Not much…

• TINMAN17 says:

You make me laugh, punky newton. I hope to see you on here more often, but apparently only after a loss. Unions and the military have the same thing in common, “team first”. I know you don’t know about them and that’s ok. See you in the playoffs. By the way, you obviously underestimate “union guys”. Some of us are well educated, well rounded people, you already gave yourself away that you are neither.

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

4. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs Michael Bournival has led his Shawinigan Cataractes to a series win in their first-round playoff series against PEI Rocket in the QMJHL.

Bournival scored a goal and assist tonight, the assist was on the eventual game-winning goal in the 4-1 victory. He scored 3G, 3A in the series, two of those goals were game-winners. The team captain of the Cataractes chose a very opportune time to return from injury. Good clutch-time production, pretty sure he’s in for the 2012 WJC team, hopefully Gallagher will be with him.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• gK_HabsFan says:

I really believe that we underestimate this guy as a prospect. From what i’ve heard, this kid has tremendous work ethic and his team relies on him heavily… kinda like the Habs do with Plekanec.

He’s younger than Leblanc, and had more points then him in the regular season. He is also his team’s captain!

All I’m saying is… he’s gonna be good, and will easily justify the O’byrne trade IMO. Look for him to crack Canada’s WJ team next season

-GK-

5. Psycho29 says:

Funny….Marchand didn’t get a penalty last night but:

Apr 16, 2006
    Andrew Peters is given a misconduct for taunting the Toronto Maple Leafs for not making the playoffs in the form of a golf swing with his stick.

6. Flobomb12 says:

lol, Gomez not getting to have any fun till he gets 15 goals. Well he won’t be having any fun again till about 2015 I guess..lol. at his current pace, Gomer would have to play a 160 game season to get that many. Crosby had over 30 in 41 games…and their salaries aren’t all that far apart. lol. We sure do get our money’s worth.

• Bill says:

So we should have traded for Crosby? Good idea.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Bill J says:

Yeah dont’cha know Pittsburgh would have taken:

Higgins + Valentenko + McDonagh for Crosby.

Damn you Bob Gainey!!!!!! Why didn’t you pull off this EASports hockey trade!!!!

• TripleX says:

Yeah dont’cha think a half decent GM would have taken assets FROM Sather for taking on the worst contract in hockey of his hands? But nope Gainey not only takes on the contract but gives up assets. LOL

• Bill J says:

He had NOTHING pretty much. He did not plan on the collapse that was the centennial season.

I doubt many of us at the beginning of that season thought it was a bad team.

He had to make a statement, & go into Free agency with a name, and Gomez whether you choose to like it or not does have respect among his peers around the league.

Keep in mind also, that when Gomez signed with the Rangers, the Habs wanted him too as a UFA (but at a bit lower salary) – people need to let go of the salary. It is what it is, and I am VERY confident he will not finish his contract in Montreal.

• gerrybell says:

dont get me wrong – gomez is terrible. but ask yourself, do the habs sign cammy and gionta without gomez on the habs? not sure where the franchise would be without those guys as they brought the habs back to respectability by having a great playoff run last year. dont forget, it wasnt too long ago when no UFA would sign with the habs because of….well….you know. not sure if a top line of higgins, pleks and kosistyn would have lead to much success in the last two years.

7. bwoar says:

What’s the deal with Gionta? Seems a lot of people are on him for poor production… but he’s pretty close to 30 goals, which is a good year for him. A couple plays here and there by his centre and he’s a 30 right now. Why are people down on him? His salary and production aren’t really all that out of whack.

8. king ddd says:

another thing about marchand. cant wait till the day he gets traded. no more back up from his bros. he either shuts up or prolly gets killed on the ice(not literally of course, i am habs fan not bruins’)

** Buck Fruins **

So… tomorrow is another very important game. Given the history of other very important games I think I am gonna go out to see a movie with my wife.

10. Say Ash says:

But Lucic was rockin’ that badass boxing pose!

11. king ddd says:

funny how people were on pk at the beginning of the season(Richards,cherry) for what? playing hard and piss off the opposing team. he celebrates there’s a fuss, he scores there’s a fuss he checks there’s a fuss. but not once have i seen a classless act by P.K.
    Marchand on the other hand. is such a classless (profanity deleted), yet no one even talks about him. the only reason he got suspended 2 games (it shouldve been more) was probably b/c people were starting to realize the bruins were getting royal treatment b/c they are cambell’s son team

** Buck Fruins **

• Trisomy 21 says:

Good call. I’ll put money on the fact there will be no mention of Marchand at all on coaches corner. But what will is “Nazem Kadri blah blah blah I told you so” and if the habs get any mention at all it will be “blah blah blah no backbone”
      and if and only if Montreal’s system is as strong as it was last post season we will hear something about how this group of people are “playing the game the way it’s ‘sposed to be played!” Hell I think I have a shot at being the next replacement of Don Cherry on CBC

12. smiler2729 says:

Milan Lucic, out 4-6 weeks, broken hand from Jay Rosehill fight last night.

13. BigBird says:

First day on this site. I thought this was a Montreal Canadiens site but reading alot of comments from some posters it seems there are alot of Leaf fans on here. Is there a Montreal Canadiens site with REAL Habs fans only? One that’ll weed out the trolls! Just wondering.
    P.S. Pay attention who disagrees that there might be leaf fans and trolls on here. Only they will be offended!

• ZepFan2 says:

Habs Inside…um, nevermind.

————————————————————————
      Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Head-shots League.

• Max_a_million says:

This is as close as it gets.

• avatar_58 says:

This is a habs site? Doesn’t say so in the title….;)

• Bugs says:

Sounds like something a leaf troll would say on his “first day on the” site, no?

Chillin like MacMillan, potty-boy says he’s L. B. Potter, esq.

• ManApart says:

A fan who only now has discovered this site doesn’t seem like the best candidate to judge who is or is not a “REAL” Habs fan.

• observer says:

no! these airheads beleive anyone who CORRECTLY says gainey and gauthier are the 2 worst GMs in this league gainey here because he is an ignorant stupid old man and gauthier because he is a 30 years in the game loser undesrving the job he currently is screwing up – these 2 IQs call those people leaf fans. and in response to the brainless they are reminded how burke in 2 full seasons has got the leafs on the right track and setup for a huge summer signings period and the big year for them next year as compared to the 2 screwups here G AND G who have saddled the habs with gomez $7 million and have to replace all those free agent d-men next year meaning no cap room for anything else and they traded away so many high draft picks or ones they already drafted high – leafs will be a better team than montreal next year.

i can do something these fools cant. i can step out of my fan for a teams shoes and look at situations objectively.

so people like me these boneheads call a leaf fan. whatta bunch of geniuses!

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Burke’s Leafs = NO PLAYOFFS

Gauthier’s Habs = Playoffs and Eastern Confernce Final

Get a clue you braindead moron.

• solomio says:

Hey Habso what part of observers comments do you disagree with?

• GrimJim says:

Well to start with, according to CapGeek.com MTL actually has more cap space available ($25.3 mil) for next year than TO has ($22.5 mil)…

• solomio says:

Why doesn’t Grimjim have a reply link?

• observer says:

GrimJim

There is a huge difference. Look at what i said then look at who is signed and rfa for next year on both those teams. ALL torontos best players and core are signed for next year -ALL. they have mccarthy as an RFA who will take probably what Gorges will take as a RFA next year. But most of the habs space as i said will be used just to replace all those free agent d-men markov, hamlick, gill, sopel, mara, wisniewski. while toronto will go after the best free agents out there with their room – guys like brad richards.

and habs will be still stuck with gomez who off this year guarantees no one would take him off their hands. it is absolutely amazing sather ever found a fool like gainey to take him and that deal off his hands in the first place.

and toronto has all kinds of draft picks this year. including 2 first round picks.

hell – i dont like this too – thats why ive been knocking those 2 terrible gms the habs have had for the last 8 years. i give andre savard and houle a pass because i think owners tied their hands. this molson has not.

• observer says:

burke took over a useless team – dismantled it – and as i said now has them on the right track (yes they need a miracle to make this years playoffs but they wont miss by much if they do miss) BUT I said and i repeat NEXT YEAR IN HIS 3RD FULL SEASON not his 8th year – that toronto team will be bettter than the habs that gainey and gauthier bungled for the last 8 years.

btw- that game next saturday night in toronto against the habs may be a big one? winner will finish 9th the loser 10th?

• filincal says:

TRUCULENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

• kinot-1 says:

Go to the Montreal Canadiens Official site,,,,then to “Fan Zone,,(drop down box) then Fan Forum,,,all Habs fans,,and we have Mods to weed out the trolls,,,no bad language, and no asterisks.

• habstrinifan says:

Bigbird there are some habs fans, like me, who have to draw compariosn to the hated LEAFS and their play of late. You know why? If HABS owner doesnt do something to set this team , this legendary team, on the right path then I fear that I wont be able to live through next season when the habs, or at least the habs that we are seeing NOW, become a leser team than the LEAFS. Do you want that to happen? If you dont then you better hope that management faces fatcs and starts addressing the needs of ths team.

How did you feel seeing Leafs stand up to Boston in light of our play against Boston recently?

14. GrimJim says:

Don Cherry’s head may explode trying to figure out whether to include this on Coaches Corner…

• avatar_58 says:

What? I didn’t watch but did he SERIOUSLY do that? And PK is bashed?

This tool is getting worse by the day, what an assclown

• ArmyFan says:

It’s simple, but nobody wants to talk about it for some reason.

Marchand is white, PK is black – this is the plain and simple reason why guys like Marchand get a free ride and PK gets panned by players, other coaches, fans of other teams, and the media.

Rinks where PK has NO history (granted he’s only been in the league one year) boo him mercilessly every time he touches the puck.

But everyone, including PK himself, denies that this is a factor. Give me a break. It’s blatant bigotry, and it’s disgusting.

• ManApart says:

If there is bigotry then why don’t all the black players in the league bet booed or “picked on” as you put it? Subban is a trash talker on the ice and has a rep as someone who taunts opponents and who won’t fight to back it up. It’s just his overall persona that gets under people’s skin. That’s what causes the controversy, not his skin colour. Also which rinks where PK has no history boo him?

• avatar_58 says:

What are you talking about? PK has fought, and he usually wins. I have no idea where this “won’t back it up” BS comes from. Reality is the p*ssies he yaps at won’t take the first swipe. PK is a big boy and can handle himself.

Unlike this little troll. He couldn’t take on Pyatt.

• observer says:

But PK is the first of star quality. Like a Jackie Robinson or Jim Brown. Note- I know Robinson broke the entire color barrier but he was a super-star and did not face it in college football but did in baseball. Brown was preceded by many Blacks in the NFL but he too faced bigotry because of his great skills.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Start watching the games stupid, PK has fought and is good at it. He’s a star so I’m sure the coaching staff and GM don’t want him breaking his hand over some idiot’s (like you) face. I know Americans here in Florida that understand the game better than you.

• Kooch7800 says:

PK gets picked on cause he is cocky and flashy. There is nothing wrong with that but when you stick out from the norm you attrack attention. Race has nothing to do with it.

Remember ovie getting bashed for the hot stick dance a couple of years ago. He was bashed by everyone and last time I checked he is white. Hockey fans & media do not like hot shots or flashy players. remember Omark and the spin move in the shootout? Another example and he is also white. Your argument over race has no merrit.

• punkster says:

Tiger Williams booed everywhere. Eddie Shack booed everywhere. Darcy Tucker booed everywhere. Hey…PK is in some pretty good company there ;)

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• punkster says:

This sounds like the 50s where there were Communists under every bed. Get real. So he’s the first or the only black player in the league? He’s the best black player who has ever played in the league? Other rinks do not boo him “mercilessly” because he is black.

He is a Hab, a cocky rookie and damned good and those 3 together bring on the boo-birds around the league. They boo Gill in Pittsburgh, Gionta in NJ, Cammy in Calgary and Price almost everywhere.

He is also, as Man Apart points out, a shit disturber and as such knows how to get under other player’s skin and that brings on the boos. (though I disagree that he does not follow up or fight…not his job…but one of his jobs that he is very good at is to aggravate, annoy and draw a penalty.)

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• LA Loyalist says:

PK will be our biggest star since St. Patrick, and one of the good things about his personality is that he can handle it, and will take heat off the whole team at some point in the future as he matures.

We have some great young defenders in the league and the Norris will be I think the most interesting trophy within 2-3 years.

• solomio says:

If you’re going to run your mouth, show boat and pull some dirty tricks you really should learn how to fight in order to protect yourself. Otherwise your just another Brad Marchand

• filincal says:

He will…with his strength now and some better balance, some heads will roll. But I’d rather him not need to do it.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

• HabFanSince72 says:

Claude Julien gave him a dressing down.

You don’t make a golf swing he said, you ram them head first into the boards.

• smiler2729 says:

What a freaking putz, this guy really bugs me..

“My second favourite team is whoever plays the Leafs”

• Chris Roy says:

Being from Halifax I’d love to cheer Marchand on, even as a Bruin, but his non-stop chatter and silly antics on-ice make him difficult to respect, hometown pride or not.

Not to mention that stained toilet-esque brown and yellow sweater that he’s always wearing.

15. SeriousFan09 says:

Any questions on the Habs prospects? I may be waiting a long time for my first spareboard call at work today so I’m looking to kill some time before I take a nap if I have no call by 5.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• shiram says:

Which player that has not made the Habs yet, is the closest to making it to the big show?

• SeriousFan09 says:

I think with another season in Hamilton, Brendon Nash may have a chance to break the roster halfway through 11-12 or in 12-13. Andreas Engqvist if he bulks up is a possibility to take over the 4th-line C position next season. Maybe Palushaj if he trains like a maniac this summer for strength purposes.

Alexei Yemelin remains a possibility, but that’s more an issue of getting a contract settled than development.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• shiram says:

Nash and Engqvist are intersting, as they bring a good size, are they gritty/tough players?

• SeriousFan09 says:

Unfortunately I haven’t seen enough of them this season to really make a call on that definitively. I think what’s holding them back is partially bulk, I don’t think they shy away from being hit, but neither is overly physical and could use strength just to protect themselves and defend the puck.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• ManApart says:

I don’t see anyone near ready to make this club next season except for Yemelin. The season after is very iffy also. Nash could maybe be ready with Spacek’s departure. Leblanc, who is the only sure bet to make the team in the whole organization IMO has an outside shot at making it in 2 seasons.

• observer says:

Tinordi and Lblanc will be here sooner than you think. The way the NHL is now they play 18 year olds. The next GM if this collapse continues will be totally opposite those 2 frauds who were GM the last 8 years who managed just to save their own jobs. Just like Martin’s coaching.

Mediocrity they wanted and thats what they have brought here for 8 years looking at the entire picture.

• LA Loyalist says:

As much as we are suffering, I don’t want to see any of Serious’ kids that he tracks rushed, though of course there will be a lot of pressure. Yemelin may be a different story due to his Russian experience. Let’s hope we can get him over.

• Max_a_million says:

Leblanc and 2 others not currently in Hamilton 2012-2013

• SeriousFan09 says:

Come again?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• Max_a_million says:

Leblanc will make it in two years and two of the following group Bournival, Kristo, Tinordi, and Bennet.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Wouldn’t disagree with that, Bournival has to finish out his 4 seasons of CHL play to be eligible for the AHL but so far his stats are encouraging. Kristo is rumoured to be considering a 3rd year of NCAA hockey, so he likely won’t see HAM until 12-13, about the same time Tinordi will be joining since he’s going to take another OHL season IMO so he can dominate there. Bennett, I suspect he’s taking two more seasons in the NCAA, he only became a full-timer on the blue line in Michigan in the 2nd half of their season.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• observer says:

serious fan ? givemeabreak

“Kristo is rumoured to be considering a 3rd year of NCAA hockey”

——————

yeah right you know!

leblanc AND tinordi were rumored last summer to play for notre dame and harvard this year

• solomio says:

2 years and those guys are with the big club. Are you outta your mind.? None of them.

• kempie says:

Sure I’ll lob one at ya. Who are going to be the new arrivals in Hamilton next year? I’m assuming, Louis, Kristo, maybe Tinordi? Am I missing anyone?

• SeriousFan09 says:

Louis Leblanc and Phillippe Lefebvre I’d say are definites. Kristo may or may not, there’s been some talk he’s been in communication with Habs brass and they/he may feel a 3rd year in NCAA hockey wouldn’t be wrong so he can dominate and then move to the AHL in 12-13, albeit reuniting with former USHL teammate Louis Leblanc wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Jarred Tinordi is likely due for 2nd OHL season so he can dominate and then move up to the AHL the following season.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• HabFanSince72 says:

” Any questions on the Habs prospects? ”

Yes, do we have any?

Looks like the only sure thing in the pipeline is Leblanc and he’s a couple of years away.

And we have no one on D as far as I can tell.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Leblanc and Kristo probably show the best promise right now, albeit Kristo seems more likely to take a 3rd NCAA season, so he may not see the AHL until 12-13. I think Leblanc will take a year in the AHL at the least, if not more.

For D: I’d put Tinordi as 3 more development years away from the CH, one more in the OHL, two in the AHL. Brendon Nash may be ready to move up by 12-13, or late 11-12 depending upon his progress. Yemelin remains the big prize but as I mentioned above, it’s more about working out the right contract details with him.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Is Mathieu Aubin still playing down in Cincinnati?

16. ManApart says:

What do you guys think about AK46 partying it up at club Musique last Sat. after the Habs had just been shutout for the 3rd game in a row? I’m still unsure if it’s no big deal, or if it was inappropriate.

• Chorske says:

Couldn’t give two craps. He’s not the biggest passenger out there. Besides: what do YOU do after a tough day at work? Sit around working and wondering about work and thinking about it and… or do you have a beer and turn the page?

Come on. SUCH a non-issue.

Plus: source?

• ManApart says:

Ya, I’ve never been one to make a big deal about off ice stuff, unless it’s negatively affecting on ice performance. I was there and saw him and PK. In different crowds though, not together. Just wanted to see what other people thought, since my take seems to go against the grain on here.

• HFX-HabFan says:

So, no source whatsoever.

• ManApart says:

LOL, I don’t know what to tell you man. I was going to call Stubbs, so he could come down to the club, see what was happening and write an article about it to be used as an official source, but I left my phone in the car.

• ZepFan2 says:

If you felt so strongly about it. Why didn’t you go up and question him about it?

A buddy of mine saw Tom Cousineau at a bar and went and asked him why he and the Al’s were doing so crap and why was he out partying instead of concentrating on football.

I also notice you only mention PK being there after you got a couple of replies. Shifty, bro, shifty!

————————————————————————
          Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Head-shots League.

• ManApart says:

Who said I felt strongly about it? It crossed my mind a little that should they be partying after the misery on the ice, but then I didn’t think much more about it. I also thought about saying hello to PK (AK would just be terribly awkward), but it was crowded and he looked pretty busy. Also I have bad memories of Koivu being really uninterested in saying hello to me at Cheers on a couple of occasions. Savage was a bitch too. Recchi used to be really cool though.

• LA Loyalist says:

If you read Larry Robinson’s and other memoirs, those guys parties pretty hard, important to blow off some steam. BUT they came to the rink with their foil on, if you know what I mean. That’s what counts.

• mrhabby says:

i see nothing wrong with it . the man has a life outside of hockey which is good.

• shiram says:

For as much as people have been ragging on AK46, I still think he is one of our best top 6 guy, even when not playing the top 6.
      As for it being appropriate or not, I’ll leave that to the coaching staff.

Just wondering, where do you get such information?

• ManApart says:

I saw him there. PK was there too. Ya I agree it’s no big deal.

• shiram says:

Well he is still a young man, and so I guess he still needs to get his party on once in a while. Maybe it cheered him up?

Now if it was Gomez, that would be a big deal, as he is not allowed to have fun untill he scores at least his 15th goal!

• Max_a_million says:

He is a young man living his life. Is he supposed to mope about all weepy everytime we lose a game??? People are way too worried about such crap. It’s what we all do. Andre was great the next game by the way, a physical force. Heck if it works like that, then by all means do it more.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Did he score?

• ManApart says:

Andre had a hot girl with him in his group when he arrived (i’m sure she was Russian), PK I couldn’t tell. Was talking to a lot of different people. I left before them, so don’t know what happened.

• J_P says:

What do you want him to do? Sit at home on a saturday night and sulk?

When I have a bad day at the office, I want to go out and have some fun, not sit at home and sulk about it. We shouldn’t expect anything different from hockey players. Now, if he had an early practice or a game on sunday, thats a totally different story.

• t1tan5 says:

It’s a total non-issue, in my opinion. Although I do take issue with him going to Muzique. I really don’t like that place.

17. FastCentennial says:

Rumors going around that Gomer is gonna be a healthy scratch sat v devils check it out >> http://www.wix.com/habsnation/canadiens
    someone tell me if it is true…

Habsnation is still standing.

• mrhabby says:

hmmm. hard to believe that would happen given martins allegiance to veteran players. don’t get your hopes up to high.

• FastCentennial says:

Weird replying to my own comment but confirmed that Gomez will not be scratched unless he gets injured tonight going into his home or something it was a miss tweet by one of the hockey analysts from THW.

Habsnation is still standing.

• ManApart says:

Naw, I doubt it. If JM hasn’t benched him yet, he’s not going to do it now, when the heat is still on to win a game to get a playoff spot. Then your centers are Pleks, DD, Halpern, Eller? You know JM. He won’t trust DD to be the 2nd center. Even if it was true, I can’t see there being a leak this early before tomorrow’s game.

18. Hobie Hansen says:

It’s going to be a beautiful thing to have Pacioretty and Markov in the lineup for game one of the playoffs!!!

Both are practicing in full equpiment as we speak, not track suits, very good sign!!!

19. Max_a_million says:

Too early to post this, but I will anyway.

This off-season I really want the Canadiens to sign Ville Leno

The mistake with Crosby was he came back to play after the Steckel hit. Then he got hit hard again and that was it. He should have stayed out the whole year. The Pens are doing fine without him. Now he is out anyways with a more intense and prolonged rehabilitation because his concussion is worse.

Markov had a major ACL operation. His mistake was coming back to play too early. Now he too has had to take a more prolonged recovery and rehabilitation.

In the case of Patches. He should stay out until next season. Start the season in Hamilton, and then when he looks ready then and only then bring him up.

Spacek is a different story. He’s not the future of the Habs. Sadly he’s still here for one year though, but he should get out there as soon as he can. That’s provided the Habs make the play-offs.

People who put too much faith in doctors could very well just end up with a nasty prescription medicine addiction or get an unnecessary treatment or operation. Doctors are not infallible and have proven to be more adept at treatment than prevention.

The major reason why I wouldn’t want to see Max Pacioretty back this season is as another poster has stated, the Habs have no back bone to protect this kid should other teams take another run at him.

• shiram says:

AFAIK Pacioretty is not coming back this season.
      And I don’t think there is any reason to start him out in Hamilton, unless he really shows a lack of abilities/strenght/speed at the training camp.

• SeriousFan09 says:

My concern about him not playing this season is that he might not actually be fully recovered from his concussion, any concussion severe enough for someone to be out for minutes should have a longer recovery period for safety.

And as I always say, WHERE was the ****ing goon squad on Boston when Cooke took out Savard? Why hasn’t he been jumped 3-5 times in Boston-PIT games since then? Goons do not deter the nasty hits in the NHL. And who, besides maybe Jarred Tinordi in 4-5 years when he’s filled out and has a solid fight card from his OHL/AHL time that he might be ready to take on Zdeno Chara can go up against the Mountain That Skates?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• CHsam says:

Poor Savard. That dude looks screwed up. As for Cooke, I wonder how his wife is handling news that his NHL career is probably over

• HardHabits says:

Whoa? You mention a whole bunch of points not even in my comment. I am talking strictly about injuries here and you are making it about the size issue.

As to your completely out of nowhere rebuttal, it is my humble opinion that players have to keep their heads up too.

You always say goon squad. I never say goon squad. I say tough players that keep their collective heads up and play hard and can push back. It is the Habs inability to push back that leaves them vulnerable. The beantown beatdown game in Boston set the stage for the Pacioretty hit.

Which team looks frail now? The Bruins lose Savard and Bergeron yet still plod along.

I don’t agree about the head shots though. They should be out of the game and the league will eventually bend and start penalizing them more severely if not disallowing them altogether. Take away those plays and you still have the beantown beatdown including every other element of intimidation, blocking the Habs out to the periphery, running the team into the ice and boards and slowly breaking them down physically.

Which I guess is what you’re implying. Is that the size issue is a factor in injury department as well. Is that it SF09? :)

• SeriousFan09 says:

You raised the issue of the team having ‘no back bone’ to protect Pacioretty if people take runs at him. Boston has those players apparently, but it has not protected Bergeron or Savard in the past.

Don’t forget also, the Big Bad Bruins folded like a house of cards in the playoffs last season when Krejci went down from a big (but legal!) Richards check that broke his wirst. Momentum

The Pacioretty hit was a symptom of an a Bruins player tired of us embarassing them all the time and kicking their butts after the “Watershed” Boston Brawl so he went for an ugly hit which NO PLAYER could have intimidated him out of not doing. Habs played poorly in that infamous game on defence and that was why it went out of control, they seized momentum in the next game than Chara tried to kill Pacioretty and it drained the team.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• Max_a_million says:

He has a broken bone. Everyone comes back from broken bones in 4-6 weeks. It’s about the best injury to get, as the bones will heal soundly and stay healed. No nagging injury. No reason for him to sit out.

• ManApart says:

If his brain is healed, it’s healed. If he has no symptoms, which is the indicator towards whether he has healed or not, then for this years playoffs , he is no more susceptible to a subsequent brain injury, than he would be next season. In short, if he has no symptoms and is cleared there is no reason to not let him play.

• Greg says:

I agree with you about Crosby… but that’s it.

Markov came back early? Why? Because he got hurt again? What is the evidence that he came back early? What if the same thing had happened a week ago, would it still be too early or another freak accident?

About Patches, you say he should stay out until next year, then play in Hamilton until he “looks ready”. What does “ready” look like to you? If he “looks ready” for the playoffs, why shouldn’t he be playing?

About Spacek, you’re saying that he should play ASAP because he’s not part of the Habs’ future? I hope I misinterpreted your point, because that’s just mean.

As you say, doctors are not infallible. But they do devote their lives to treating sick and injured people. From your post, you are clearly not a doctor. It’s people like you that drive me insane with your “don’t trust doctors” rhetoric. Doctors do the best they can with what they’ve got. Sometimes they make mistakes, but it’s completely asinine to suggest that we are only going to get “a nasty prescription medicine addiction” or an “unnecessary surgery”. Boloney.

• Start Pacioretty in Hamilton? I’m hoping this is one of those HH pranks, because that’s one of the worst idea’s I’ve ever heard, my friend.

• Chris Roy says:

Agreed – he’s going to face a good amount of physical punishment in the AHL, too. Other than physical protection, what’s the good of sending him down? We need him up more than ever if he can play!

21. SeriousFan09 says:

PK Subban still not in posession of the coveted Dave Stubbs Hat Trick pin, insists he wants Carey Price behind the camera for the presentation, but Carey had to run home after practice as he had forgotten his passport.

Have to like the feeling of the tight-knit group in the youth on the team.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• shiram says:

Great stuff, I like the Hat Trick pin, and the way Stubbs presented it.
      It’s also very cool to the young prodigee goalie, and the young prodigee dman are getting along so nicely.

• LA Loyalist says:

Yes, we can take some comfort that the pain our youngsters are going through will steel their spines in the future when inevitably they are in it deep again… … which is why I would play the kids hard as long as we last and put Gomez in charge of opening and closing the bench door.

22. joshua94k says:

There is an interesting article from Macleans magazine on why Pacioretty’s concussion will heal faster than Crosby’s.

23. observer says:

Means Lemaire really wants to beat the Habs tomorrow night.

NY POST

“Johan Hedberg (2-3 vs. the Flyers this season) is expected to start tonight. Brodeur has started the last 15 (9-5-1) games.”

24. Max_a_million says:

No one ever cares about by how much you do something, it’s always did you do it. If you are a Harvard law graduate with the worst GPA in your class, you are still a Harvard Law graduate. Likewise will remember how the Canadiens made the ECF last year, not so much by how much. Making the playoffs is a good thing. No team has ever won the Stanley Cup without making the playoffs no matter how close they were (even the Leafs).

Teams don’t win on paper either. If that were the case San Jose would have won a number of cups here recently. Games are won by hockey teams on the ice, and the team with 16 playoff wins gets the cup no matter what they look like on paper.

Too much splitting hairs today. Let’s make the playoffs and give ‘em an old tyme Montreal Canadiens playoff run! The kind on ice that players do.

25. Sportfan says:

What happened to the like, dislike buttons :( I really liked that with this site

• Max_a_million says:

I agree … I think it lowered the ugliness to have a simple nonverbal way to let someone know you disagree. Also allowed for backslapping that sounds goofy to do all of the time in writing.

• Nahlsy says:

Definitely agree there, but a lot of the people that thought they were experts found out that a lot of people disagreed with them and I think it lead to hurt feelings when they couldn’t handle seeing it. Personally I wouldn’t expect everyone to agree or disagree, but as others stated below, it allowed for a simple agree or disagree without having to enter into a debate or a spat over it. Some aren’t very thick skinned though and rather than having hurt feelings, I guess they tossed it.

26. observer says:

Sad day! Today could have, should have been Expos’ home opener.

27. joshua94k says:

Unbelievable, Chara arrested !

(AP) Bruins Chara Arrested in Atlanta Airport

In a stunning turn of events, Bruins Zedno Chara was arrested by Montreal Police during its on-going investigation on his hit to Max Pacioretty. Chara will be taken to an undisclosed location in Montreal for further questioning. U.S. customs allowed Chara to be taken by the investigators as they had a warrant. Montreal’s head of the investigation would not reveal how long it will take to clear up the matter but indicated it could take long and if a case is filed, Chara could spend upto a year in prison.

The Boston Bruins were noticably upset. GM Chiarelli said the teams lawyers are on their way to Montreal to get him back. He added that this is just a case of Montreal sour grapes and that they have no case. Bruins Mark Rechhi was suprised Montreal would stoop so low. The Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier refused to comment stating that Le Club de Hockey Canadien will not comment on a matter that is in the hands of the law.

Story updated April 1, 2011 13:38 EST

• shiram says:

It has also been reported that Chara was quoted as saying, he was not afraid to drop the soap in the showers.
      More to come.

• secretdragonfly says:

Not to be a party-pooper but aren’t April Fools jokes only valid in the morning and if you pull one after noon, you’re the April Fool? At least, that’s how I remember it. Still damn funny, though.

28. LA Loyalist says:

I just realized it’s a new month, so we get a new quota of goals for April.

Remember how we wasted 8 of our 10 goal monthly quota for March in Minnessota? Well, we get 10 new goals from Coach Martin’s secret stash.

Use ‘em wisely, boys!

29. habs001 says:

if you look at each individual player on the habs roster and assign them a talent rating and do the same with the rosters of the other nhl teams …can we really say that this team underachieved..i would say we overachieved..

• Bryan says:

Considering Cammalleri is a career PPG player more or less, that Gomez can USUALLY put up 60+ points, that Pleks should be putting up around 70… yeah, we underachieved. We have the talent on the team. It’s just not producing.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

• ManApart says:

I don’t think the team really over or under achieved. Seems about right, fighting to make the playoffs until the last game of the season. Maybe a slight overachievement taking into consideration the defensive injuries.

30. rocketsglare says:

Great news. But, I don’t envision Max playing this season. Hopefully the team is
    buoyed by this good news.

31. habsindepth says:

HiO is slow in reporting this, but we have got it all!

http://bit.ly/hWAnxL – Habs Demote Gomez, Recall Dawes

===================================
    Web: http://www.habsindepth.com – For the Fanatics
    Twitter: @habsindepth
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hidpage

32. ManApart says:

Since Jan 1st

Leafs 23-13-6

Habs 20-14-6

For the second half of the season the Leafs are actually a little better than the Habs. There is not very much difference between the 2 teams. And remember Burke has only been on the rebuild for 21/2 years. Gainey and Gauthier are almost finished year 7. Pretty scary stuff, if you’re a Habs fan. oh and remember everyone critisizing Burke ad nauseum about having no offense. Well Leafs are better offensively than the Habs for the 2nd year in a row.

My point is less about the Leafs and more about the Habs. If Burke is so bad, what does that say about Gainey/Gauthier having 3 times longer than Burke to rebuild?

• shiram says:

Habs are still better over a whole season.

• ManApart says:

Ya, by a little. But the way people speak, it’s like the Habs are this big elite team and the Leafs are total garbage. I’m pointing out that is a fallacy and am also asking why are the Habs just marginally better than the Leafs. My main conclusion is management is incompetent.

• shiram says:

5 more wins, a much better goal diffenrential as well.
          The Leafs are picking it up, but its pratically impossible for them to be in the playoffs.
          As for why people pick on the Leafs, well this is a Habs website, if you wanna cheer for the Leafs, I’m sure they have their own websites.
          Also, they have not made the playoffs since the lockout.

• ManApart says:

I still think the Habs are a better team, but am not happy with us being just marginally better than the Leafs after 7 years with current management. We are a middle of the pack team year after year and barring a miracle this playoffs Management must be replaced.

• Mad Habber says:

You forgetting injuries to key players throughtout most of the season. The defense has been hit the hardest, but offence has had it just as bad since Jan.

As far as I know the Leafs have had no key injuries just inconsistency from all of them.

• rob_c says:

I read the post first, assumed it was observer, looked at the name turns out that its not…. I would of bet my house that it was.

• Max_a_million says:

Once they stop counting all 82 games as your record, and only pick and choose parts of the season the Leafs might make the playoffs.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Says the guy who still thinks Price sucks and we should have traded him. Please go root for the Leafs then, and leave us Hab fans be.

P.S. PG’s and Bob’s team made the ECF last year you twit, Burkes team can’t even make the playoffs after 3 seasons of Burkes genius trades. Burke has done an AMAZING job building a hockey team, unfortunately it’s the Bruins.

• ManApart says:

Montreal has made the playoffs by a combined 2 points the last 2 seasons and probably will make the playoffs by only a few points this season, so don’t represent Montreal as some kind of top team. We all know why the Habs made the ECF last season and he’s in St. Louis. Let’s see if they were for real by watching this year’s playoffs, before getting carried away with G&G’s team.

• Jordio-oh says:

You’re so predictable. As soon as the habs hit a rough patch, its an absolute guarantee that you’ll be in here. Its like clockwork.

You care more about being right than you do the success of the team that this site is created for.

So you take a sample of one half of a season and use it to suggest that Burke’s rebuild has gone better than Gainey’s and Gauthiers? The habs have been making the playoffs, where have the leafs been? Its an obvious question but for the right reason.

Maybe if the Leafs hadn’t wasted their October and November for the last 5 years, they’d be relevant in the spring.

Keep bashing the team that competes for a full season and praising the team that only shows up in march when the season has been rendered pointless.

I can’t believe you’re foolish enough to take such a small sample and bring it into an argument where you’ve used 7.5 years as a timeline. What mark did you get in economics from the Univeristy of Penitentiary?

• ManApart says:

My point was not really about the Leafs, but about the Habs and how they are not that much better. We’ll see next season what happens, as I think the Leafs have turned a corner.

I’m just saying this team is not much further ahead than Burke’s and G&G have been on the job 7 years. Why is it that we’re still, after all this time, just a middle of the pack squad? Time for management to go, they have proven they don’t know how to bring this team to the next level.

• G-Man says:

The only turning the laffs are doing is that continual arc in the circles they’ve been stuck in for, oh, 44 years now.

2011 is the Year of the Hab (can I still say that?)

• observer says:

next year is their 3rd full year under burke. not 8th as here. and sit with $25 million in cap room on july 1 and all their best players and core of the team signed. one rfa. many picks in the upcoming draft including 2 in the first round. compare that to how gauthier/gainey have put the NEXT GM of the Habs into a bind.

• Jordio-oh says:

I understand your desire for constant progression but if the teams in the league were being judged based on your expectations (ie. more years = exponential success) than GM’s would be losing their jobs everyear because they’ve been a middle of the pack team for consecutive years. Toronto looks good because they’ve started from the bottom. Montreal has always been a middle of the pack team and while i share your frustrations, i realize that not every team can make a bit of progress and keep building on that year by year. There’s many variables to control (injuries, free agency etc). I’m not satisfied with it, but I also know that it could be worse. So i take the positives when i can, acknowledge the negatives but don’t let them affect me too much. Never too high, never too low, and realize that when the habs get tossed from the playoffs we can all take turns on deciding why the Blue Jays (home opener today) can’t finish 20 games above .500 and do it without blaming the Red Sox and Yankees.

• observer says:

than GM’s would be losing their jobs everyear

—————

yes, gauthier was fired twice for incompetance in his 30 years of failure to ever get a team as far as the finalls.

but burke has never been fired! and is a stanley cup winner!

• LA Loyalist says:

You’re reaching a bit when you claim Habs have competed for a full season.

They’ve competed at about .500 and, funnily enough, that’s where they are.

Now is when we get to regret mailing it in against Columbus, Florida, Atlanta, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Nashville, Islanders, and yeah, Leafs.

Something to think about going into New Jersey where we will probably get our collective dick handed to us on a stick.

• Say Ash says:

What rebuild by BB, exactly? Taking the Leafs from missing the playoffs by March instead of missing them by February? Sure.

Two years ago, BG/PG’s lineup finished top in the east and two years later, with a dramatically different line up, also together by BG /PG, we went to the ECF. And we’re invited the dance nearly every year. BB reshuffles his lineup every year. Gets the same result: April golf.

• observer says:

he is in his 2nd full year, you already are seeing results start to emerge. next year his 3rd full season NOT his 8th here like the dumb duo, and $25 million in cap space, all his best players under contract – next year you will see how BAD A JOB THE DUFUS HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT GAINEY AND HIS ASSISTANT GAUTHIER WERE HERE – BIGTIME!

• G-Man says:

Since the season began- when it counts- Mtl 41-30-7 Laffs 36-32-10.
      The whole season counts, not from January when the laffs are so far behind they no longer have any performance pressure. When they draw near to 8th, they fold like a cheap tent.

2011 is the Year of the Hab (can I still say that?)

• HabFanSince72 says:

The Leafs websites also get better trolls.

• observer says:

Remember after a 4-0 start the Leaves then lost 11 of their next 12. Had they won just a couple of those games they’d really be a threat to make the playoffs.

• Chris Roy says:

But they didn’t win a couple of those games. While I’m also not a huge fan of the direction Gauthier has gone, I’m not sure speaking in “what-ifs” about other teams makes any point one way or the other.

On the same token: what if Markov and Gorges (and everyone else) weren’t injured? What if we won 10 more games than we have? What if I won the lotto yesterday?

33. habs001 says:

last year in the playoffs we had unbelievable goaltending,great shot blockin and production from gion and camm way above their reg scoring pace yet it still took 4-3 to win vs wash and pitts…we can hope but the odds of the same thing repeating has to be classified as very rare…

34. habs001 says:

our d right now would be perfect if this was the pre lock out era..we must have one of the slowest d in the nhl…as i said yesterday i think we would be pretty excited if we were playing a team in the playoffs that had mara,sopel,gill,hammer,picard part of their d group…

35. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Is Patches skeleton laced with adamantium? Cuz he is one tough kid. His play this season has been nothing less than outstanding and I really hope we can win a series without him because he deserves to play in the playoffs this year.

36. newbrunswick troy says:

This hurts to say but i must;
    After watching the Leafs-bruins game last night, I would sooner roar into the playoffs with the Leafs team and coaching in a new york second than i would with the habs weak fragile non productive squad!!!!
    Oh that hurt to say….but i think its true

• blu3chip says:

Good luck in being a Leafs fan.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’ll stick with the team that was actually good enough to make the playoffs as opposed to the team that wasnt. Every year it’s the same, “oh the Leafs are a contender now, Burkie’s a genius, just wait to next season!” and next season comes along and they SUCK and miss the playoffs. This has been happening for like 6 seasons now. That koolaid Burke is giving out must taste pretty good.

• avatar_58 says:

Here’s my take – addition by subtraction. Notice how much better the rookies and younger players try compared to the overpaid UFAs and Vets?

Maybe the habs should take a page out of that book and lose some dead weight next year. Funny how much harder players work when they aren’t getting large paycheques for 5+ years.

The threat of being sent down to the AHL or traded to a non contender should be drilled into every players heads, but it isn’t. Guys like Cammy, Gionta and Gomez will never recieve any punishment for non-production. This is a problem

• CranbrookEd says:

Could not agree more . . . the league as a whole needs to do away with long term contracts for totally out-of-touch amounts of money . . . earn the big bucks through incentives not just because you and your agent managed to hoodwink a GM who was not paying attention to the long term . . . everyone signs for the an amount in the same ballpark (within a range to accomodate rookie vs vetern) but then must produce in order to garner more money . . . how else do you keep some guys from floating for five years until it is their contract year . . . it needs to change!

CranbrookEd

• solomio says:

You’re really out on a limb there Habso. Burke has done a pretty good job getting for the Leafs what they need to contend and I for one think the Leafs will be much better next year and will make the playoffs. Bookmark this.

• G-Man says:

Way to hop on that laff bandwagon. Keep drinking the Burke kool-aid. Don’t break your ankles jumping off again.

2011 is the Year of the Hab (can I still say that?)

• Max_a_million says:

The Leafs are finishing strong yes, but they only play 82 games every year. It makes a difference when you have a team that makes the playoffs every year.

• mrhabby says:

thanks for stopping by ,see ya then.

37. FastCentennial says:

JM should rest up Halpern and play Tommy Pyatt on Sat, also put Kostitsyn with Cammy and Pleks and put Halpern back at center.

Habsnation is still standing.

• newbrunswick troy says:

agreed. and further more he should move gomez down to the third line or fourth because Gio has stopped scoring goal ever since he reunited them…frankley he is a cancer as far as production goes…hell he,s a cancer defencively too

• old fan says:

Another example of Martin’s ineptitude – not playing Pyatt regularly. It’s too late now – they have no chance against the Devils or the Blackhawks mainly because Martin has shown no innovation, willing to “try something different” or passion all season long. Why would he start now. It’s obvious he’s “lost” the room – the veterans have all packed it in. The only hope is during the summer is that Muller is made head coach (Carbonneau and Mario Tremblay as Assistants?? -at the very least if the players don’t work they won’t play -no matter who it is.) A full management shakeup is needed – Gauthier is also not the right GM. They need a real hockey guy in there that knows how to recognize talent and build a first class team. What’s Scotty Bowman doing these days?

• only AFTER we clinch a spot. As soon as we clinch, rest anyone who’s still standing

38. Rudy says:

Patch isn’t wearing any kind of neck brace/collar. How is that possible after only 3 weeks. His bones grow super human fast I guess

• Bryan says:

It wasn’t a serious break, so I think 3 weeks would be enough to heal a small fracture.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

39. mrhabby says:

rosehill and lucic fought last night…neither was hurt but lucic did not not play the thug after his fight…….i could only wish we had that luxury.

40. canadiannnn4 says:

They did fight and it was a doozy, nobody won but alot of good shots by both.
    Lucic played the rest of the game and didn’t show any signs of injury

41. Hobie Hansen says:

Oh man, that stupid boxing stance Lucic used during his fight in the Leafs/Bruins game last night made we want to see him knocked out even more than before.
    Not often I pull for the Leafs, but I was hoping someone on the Leafs would catch him with his head down or knock him silly.

42. otter649 says:

April Fools Joke……..

43. observer says:

Team 990 says cleared to play Tuesday? Or April Fools?

44. habsfannfld says:

Patches is a tough kid. Exactly what we need. Great to see him back skating!!

The Dude has indeed spoken and I do not disagree with him.

46. drivefor25 says:

Your ravings sound a lot like HabNoFear. Oh wait…you are HabNoFear. Thought we’d lost you in all the changes to the site. Alas, no such luck.

Fan since ’71

47. OneTimer says:

First Ali G, now the Dude?! Another awesome TV/film character ruined by some fool on HI/O.

48. LA Loyalist says:

Wow. Where’s a thumbs button when you need it?

49. Fig Newton says:

Welcome to Gullible’s Travels

50. Fig Newton says:

Yeah, and you guys will too next week when they knock you out of the last playoff spot and you’ll be on the outside looking in.

51. habstrinifan says:

I am a huge habs fan and hate the Leafs but if you are a hockey realist you will have to admit that with Reimer in goal and some of the changes Burke made late in the season… the Leafs have improved. I know if I wouldn want to be playing them on the last day of the season with our playoff life at stake.
    Would YOU?

52. habsfanonthewestcoast says:

and then when we meet the dumb and stupid broons, they’ll take the lead 3-0. We’ll then tie the serie even. On the 7th. game, the dufus broons will be up 3-0, and after we tie the game, the barbarians broons will take a to many goons on the ice penalty, where we’ll clinch the winner to the great displeasure of daddy cambell. Deja vu?