P.K. wants to stay

Subban
In an interview with Dan Rosen of NHL.com, P.K. Subban says he wants to spend his NHL career wearing blue-blanc-rouge.
“There’s no question that people know that I enjoy playing (in Montreal),” Subban told NHL.com on Monday during a visit at Laylor Performance Systems, where he trains in the summer. “I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career.”

Subban, a restricted free agent, is the only unsigned player on the Canadiens’ roster.

He is coming off an entry-level, two-way contract that paid $875,000 a season – quite a bargain for the player who led the team in Time on Ice in 2011-’12.

P.K. also led the team in lifting 21,273 Bell Centre fans out of their expensive seats.

Here’s how:

1. 44har48 says:

This is good news to me. He will be a Canadien for a long while when this is over. And I am glad the GM is not just giving in. PK has no leverege being RFA coming off an entry level deal, is not as good as the 27 minutes a night he has to play due to our lacking defence YET, and his maturity level is not ready for a big contract YET – it’s simple to me and appearently to our GM as well.

There is a reason he is touted as being as good as Max but was drafted in the 2nd round. There is a reason Max signed a friendly long term deal and PK is still holding out…you can figure it out.

2. on2ndthought says:

I hope PK gets his wish, and signs long-term now. I don’t want two years struggling under Therrien to ruin his appetite for playing in Montreal. Get the system down, then get a players coach, then we should be ready to seriously compete.

Three hills apart great armies stir
    Spit oath and curse as day breaks
    Forming lines of horse and steel
    By even yards march forward.

3. nunacanadien says:

The writing was on the wall, ominous words from Therrien or almost ominous about how Subban plays. You would think that Therrien and Bergevin would be on the same page. I can understand some of Therrien, who would want a firebrand coach with an equally emotional and prima donna player like Subban, who plays well but uses up too much off ice language to boot. Words can hurt you Subban, look at the Kosty boys. Only loudmouth ignoramuses like Therrien are allowed to be loud in the dressing room. Watch out Montreal, this means we already lost Doan unless we can buy his talent, wait you can use Subban’s money to pay down an installment on Doan, I can just hear Therrien. Of course you can sign contracts and trade, I wonder who we’ll have to trade to make space and who would want our middle of the road wannabee washed up mighty mites?

4. HNS says:

C’mon! Sign the kid already!!!! WTF????

5. Good Habit says:

Does anyone know where I can find video footage of PK dragging his glove on the ice when he does a sharp turn? I absolutely love the way that looks and I’ve been teaching the kids I coach to do it as it forces them to get real low on sharp turns. I’d love to have a video showing him do it though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6. There’s not really much news in this article…we already new Subban wanted to play in Montreal…
    Hope we sign him long term…

The greatest Canadiens and NHL news-site: http://teliopost.com/
    Twitter: @teliopost

7. Bill says:

Of course he wants to stay. He is not the kind of athlete who would want to play anonymously in a non-hockey market: he’s not boring enough! He is a superstar in and out. And he wants to play where he will not only have success and be rewarded financially, but where people really appreciate and understand how good he is, and give him adulation and respect.

Basically, he wants to be a Lafleur, not a Nash.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Sal from the Hammer says:

Well said, Bill. I have no respect for players that want /seek the annonimity.of a low end US market team. They can F%#K Off!! Vinne Lecavaille is a well respected hockey player in Tampa. He could have been a GOD if he played in Montreal!! Vinnie can Bite Me!!

8. HabFab says:

You guys make us suffer for days on end and now two at once. Gonna miss you Mike!