P.K. Subban takes spotlight in this week’s special HIO section

PKweb

P.K. Subban was the main focus in this week’s special Hockey Inside/Out section published in Thursday’s Gazette with two stories on the Canadiens defenceman by Dave Stubbs.

You can read Stubbs’s Q&A feature with Subban, who has been a busy guy during the lockout, by clicking here. Stubbs has a second piece on how the Canadiens’ failure to sign Subban before the lockout might actually help the defenceman. Read that story by clicking here.

Jack Todd wrote an open letter to Canadiens owner Geoff Molson saying it’s time for him to step up and act as the voice of moderate owners before it’s too late. Read Todd’s column by clicking here.

Pat Hickey has a column on how the rich keep getting richer in the NHL with the Toronto Maple Leafs becoming the first team to be valued at $1 billion by Forbes. You can read Hickey’s column by clicking here.

Hickey also had a couple of stories on Mathieu Darche, who doesn’t fit in with the billionaires or millionaires in the NHL lockout and is still hoping to land a job when the lockout is over. To find out how Darche doesn’t fit in with the rich kids, click here. And find out why Darche realizes his NHL career might be over by clicking here.

Hickey has yet another story on how players on Canadian NHL teams get dinged on the pension payments compared with players on American teams. To read that story click here.

Brenda Branswell has a story on a new book by Sean Pronger, the brother of Chris Pronger, titled Journeyman, in which he describes what it’s like to be a fringe player in the NHL. Read that story by clicking here. Branswell has another story on Hamilton Bulldogs player Kyle Hagel, who is a gritty, well-rounded guy who has come up with an interesting new hockey app. Read that story by clicking here.

(Photo courtesy of CTV)

1. icky pop says:

If subban is the new breed of player, ill stop watching hockey. To see ten guys flying around on the ice lipping people off, throwing elbows and turtling is not my idea of sport. Yes, he is absolutely talented. However, I see no team in subban. I was excited about him after the 2010 run. I was still quite excited about him in his rookie season. But the more a watched, the less excited I became, to the point where I am now that I would like to see him traded. And you just proved my point. Most teams would kill to have subban on their team. Montreal doesn’t need him to sell tickets merch or beer. They were doing fine before him, and I’m guessing they would so fine without him. Who knows, maybe if this season ever starts, he will get in a fight with prust in practice, and he will learn to calm down. But his attitude reminds me of Crosby. He thinks too highly of himself. Maybe hockey is going to the spoiled brats. If that’s the case, hockey will be a sport of the past to me. That would be a shame. 20 years of being a habs fan. I had family on the 93 team (distant relative, but when you are 12 that doesn’t matter). I felt like I won the cup that year. It’s what keeps me going as a habs fan. If it weren’t for that fact, I think I would have bailed on hockey during this lockout. Subban will never have respect in this league with the attitude he has. I seriously would love to see him settle down, and become more team oriented. I’d love to see him stop being in fights with teammates in practice all the time. He’s hated in the league for a reason, and its not his skin colour I’m afraid. There are other black players in the league who have respect. Subban has the on ice attitude of Sean Avery, and Avery is hated league wide as well. Last time I looked, Avery was white. Has nothing to do with skin colour, but he will take racist comments, cuz he hasn’t earned respect yet. I’m not condoning racism, its just the world we live in. If he didn’t have such skill, I believe everyone would agree with me, but players with skill seem to get away with being cocky brats on the ice.

2. icky pop says:

I would be happier if we traded subban, than if we signed him. I think he is a big problem in the dressing room. He was in what, 3 fights with teammates during practice last year? What goes on in the locker room, we will never know. Reading what he is saying about his worth, how good he is, and how much better he will be. Ive read him saying on two different occasions about being an elite player when hes been around long enough. I understand that confidence is a good thing, but this is more than confidence. It’s ego, and there’s plenty of it.He steady talks crap on the ice, and rarely backs it up, leaving his teammates to back it up for him. Think back to that elbow he laid on krejci. Ference came in defence of his teammate, like most players would. And what does subban do? He drops to the ice, grabs ferences leg, and gets dragged around.

Here’s a link from my iPhone

YouTube search p.k subban elbows krejci, and see for yourself. With markov, who I think has rehabbed from his leg injury, Diaz, and to a lesser extent, kaberle and weber, as well as having beaulieu in the system to chip in offence from the point, and an overabundance of d at our disposal, we have a bright shining star worth a great deal to any team struggling to fill seats, and sell merchandise. I’m confident that bergivin understands value, and wouldn’t give subban away for a bag of pucks. But I wouldn’t be surprised if bergivin has the idea in his head anyways. I see subban wanting a webber type contract. If it weren’t for his attitude, I’d say he’d be worth it. But all I see is another Paul Coffey. Hell of a player, but a problem in the room. Sure, he’s 23 and will mature. Well I see 18 year old kids in the league with a higher maturity level. I would love to see subban for eberle, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend I understand player value, but seems like a fair trade, should the oilers want to do such a trade. They are to the point where they can’t keep all these prospects. If they could, they would be guaranteed a cup in five years. With subban, markov, gorges, kaberle, emelin, bouillion, Diaz, weber, all on the main roster, with pateryn, tinordi, beaulieu, Ellis, st Denis, all in the minors, some able to step up and fill in, and some a couple years away, I just think its a smart move in itself to try and land a top forward for years to come. With the oilers opting to take yakupov, instead of trading down, and grabbing Murray to fill their defensive hole, I can see a deal working out. But I just really like eberle, and would love to see him in a habs jersey.

• mirak2959 says:

Subban is the future, he is talented, exciting to watch and throws great checks. He is the new wave. He may not fit the traditional hockey player, but so what. Trading him would be a big mistake. The guy is a beast! I’d hate for montreal to trade him. But if they do, hope it’s edmonton. I’d get season tickets for the oilers just to watch him play with a great core of young exciting players of the same mold.

3. Habhopeful says:

Hi All or however many of you are still around here.

Long time lurker here, just wanna say even though not as much people are posting here, i still scroll down the pages and read mostly everyones posts (especially nuna, your something ;) …)

Secondly, ill start off by agreeing with the people who are stating Bergy should pay PK what he is worth, in any other market, he gets $5 Mill, Especially in Montreal.

Everyone who thinks he should only be paid $3-$4 are not looking at the business side of it, which is surprising, considering the bullshite going on know and how much business means to the owners.

PK puts ass’s (?) in seats…he also sells ALOT of jersey’s, i could only assume he is the most bought jersey in Montreal, but i could be wrong…Im sure its Gomez (couldnt resist :-) )…

Not too mention the taxes and scrutiny of Montreal (Hell, ill even throw in the PQ)

He also attracts attention, be it negative or positive, which gives the Habs exposure…

Seems simple enough, I wouldnt go over $5M, at that point, assuming the season begins, you could “hard line” on him because I believe PK wouldnt be one to sulk about it, he loves the fansm he loves the habs and im certain he likes his teammates (probably cant say that about the his teammates though lol) and he would be dying to get out there and help his team once the season starts, you’d just have to call his bluff…

So 5M and no more,…Term is another issue altogether, I wouldnt know what term length would be best, but at that point, if your already paying him $5M i think you sign him minimum 4-6 Years because if you sign him to $5M for 2 years, than Molson would be paying out the poopshoot on his 3rd contract 2 years later ($5M would already be the benchmark)

Anyways, thanks for hearing me rant, and excuse all the brackets, unfortunately for myself, ill be back once the NHL comes back (ya im a sucker) but i wont be going to any games…until mid or late season

Owners need new fresh blood Michael Corleone style to get rid off some old dons on that board.

5. HabsFanMTL says:

i’m not a bettman fan and am not siding with the owners, but the further this thing goes on, the more and more i think back to the last offer the NHL had back in october with the 50/50 split and a full NHL schedule, the players mocked it and now were on the way to cancel the season. They could have played a whole season that means a full season of salary, but they wanted thier contracts honored……yeah sure i can see the players point but ya gotta know bettman could care less about hockey and will cancel the season in a heart beat, they should have taken that offer or at the very least had a dammed vote on it. What ever happened to the players voting on offers??? Well i still like neither side of this lockout and because i’m being hard on the players doesn’t mean i’m leaning towards the owners they had thier way 8 years ago. But the players screwed this one up big time, not forseeing how this would go with bettman at the helm

• commandant says:

And then in 5 years Bettman says.

“We have a 40/60 offer on the table, take it now or we cancel the season”

and then 5 years after that Bettman says

“Better to get 30% than for us to cancel the season”

and so on and so on.

Whats so special about 50/50 that it will stop him going forward.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

Just heading out to the Belleville Library to visit with HIO Member and Writer Todd Denault. He will be there from 6pm to 7:30 promoting his new book that is very hot in N.A. and Europe. Book name, “A Season In Time” 1993. Habs won the cup!

7. Blondie says:

Ha ha ha! The site has a sense of irony.

I was checking out peoples profiles – curious where everyone is from. I clicked on Mike D’s website link which, I assume, is gone or down and was left with the Hockey Inside/out title, an ad, the menu banner and this:

Error 404 – Not Found
    Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.

Gotta love it.

8. Haborama says:

just a few things…………

I read that Riley Sheahan had a blood alcohol level of 0.30 when he was arrested. A friend of mine (who is a cop) told me that a 0.30 level basically means that you’re catonic and literally one drop of Palm Bay away from biting the dust. Yet he looks pretty lucid in the video of his arrest.
    That means that he is a HARDCORE alcoholic, who at the young age of 20 has already built up a tolerance for huge amounts of sauce. I think the Wings have a problem on their hands, God knows they’ve had this issue before with the likes of Probert, Kocur, and Klima.

On a totally separate note: I wish all the best for Josh Harding in his battle with Multiple Sclerosis, it is a cruel disease and my thoughts and prayers are with him, his family, and all others affected with this disease.

And on an even more separate note: all you PK critics (I am talking to you HOBIE HANSEN) should really SHUT THE HELL UP, PK will one day be a very good NHL defenseman, and I don’t see why so many people seem to hate him. He is far from the cockiest player in the NHL, and he is far from the dirtiest player in the NHL. I really don’t see why players will want to get at him because he has been on TV during the lockout, that doesn’t seem like a good reason to go after someone, it’s not like he’s been taking shots at people in interviews (Cole on the other hand…..)

• Bripro says:

I agree 99% …. and yes, I’d much rather have PK’s disposition than someone like Chris Pronger. Arrogance au maximum!
      Cole on the other other hand, I think was just saying what was on his mind with some frustration behind it.
      As long as he puts his heart out there on the ice, I have no issues with his cyberspace complaints.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Wow. You do realize, well I guess you don’t, PK Subban is my favourite player?

PK will one day be a very good player? HE ALREADY IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER!

But if I can get a little sick of seeing his face on television clowning around 24/7 than you can damn well bet there are players on other teams, who can’t stand the guy, who are being driven up the wall by his antics.

And you know what, he is the cockiest player in the NHL and I love it. Who is cockier? He drives other players nuts. And I love that about him.

And did I call him dirty or even cocky in my post?

So I’m sorry if you have a little man crush on our friend PK and I upset you. You need to check yourself pal.

:-)

9. Kooch7800 says:

Nice article on Mike Commadore:

I hope he does well with the Kids. He could be a good mentor for Tinordi

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

I like Lori Graham.

11. Habfan10912 says:

LeBrun reports that day 2 meetings with mediators
    Is over. He was told-no progress
    ———————————–

12. commandant says:

Mika Zibanejad will not be released by the Sens for the WJC

This swedish team is taking major hits.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• myron.selby says:

Did they give any reason? I’m assuming he’s playing for their AHL affiliate. It just seems really crappy to hold a young player back from playing for his country. I can’t see this as a way to buy loyalty from a young prospect. I’d sure be disappointed if the Habs ever did something like this.

One might almost think it is being done to give Canada a better chance at the WJC – for those who like conspiracy theories anyway.

• Phil C says:

They had the assistant GM for the Sens on the radio here in Ottawa today. He said that it was a decision made with the player and that both sides felt it would be best for his development as a professional hockey player to stay in Binghamton and continue to work on things he needs to do to be a pro in the NHL. The fact that he already has played in the WJC before factored into the decision.

13. myron.selby says:

Some pretty funny stuff regarding PK posted today. I get a kick out of people saying he’s too cocky and should pipe down. The guy is articulate, thoughtful and full of joie de vivre. He is funny and interesting and he actually says things in interviews.

Man, the last thing the Habs (or the NHL for that matter) need is another boring, politically correct, cliche-spouting player. There are hundreds of them already. Why not let PK be PK and have some fun?

One of my all time favorite Habs is Mats Naslund. He was the best interview because he actually answered questions. I remember when Jean Perron was coming in as head coach and a reporter asked Mats if he or the other players were nervous about having to prove themselves to a new coach. His reply was that he’d played in the league for a number of years and didn’t have to prove anything to anyone. Perron, he said, was the one who had to prove himself since he’d never coached in the NHL before. Now that’s an answer!

The only thing I’d change about PK is not his personality but rather the cheap crap he still pulls on the ice sometimes (slewfooting, slashing etc.) That’s the stuff I’d like to see Markov mentor out of him.

As for the contract side of it, I’m not sure that’s he’s being arrogant here. What he says is that he knows what he’s worth. That’s the confidence that has allowed him to become such a good defenceman in such a short time. Does he still have things to learn? Of course he does, and he acknowledges that. He is nowhere close to the top end of his game yet. But he learns incredibly quickly and is always eager to learn and get better. He wants to be the best.

The interesting thing is people saying stuff like he’s nuts if he thinks he’s worth “x” when he should only get “y”. Nobody other than the parties involved has any idea what the team has offered and what PK is asking for. There is no way of knowing if the holdup is over $ amounts, term or something else again.

I’d guess it’s less than Gomez but more than Eller. That still leaves lots of room to play with.

14. Bripro says:

How ironic is it that P.K. and George Strombolopoulos (spelling?) discussed the possibility of Malcolm being drafted by the Bs.?

15. commandant says:

Sad to hear about Josh Harding’s looming battle with MS.

Just goes to show this crippling disease doesn’t discriminate, even attacking the healthiest and most athletic among us.

MS has hit pretty hard among my family and close friends. Its a pretty terrible disease.

Good luck Josh.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Bripro says:

It just goes to show, you never know right?
      You have to appreciate life as much as possible.
      Our families are also afflicted, although perhaps not with as hard a disease.
      Crohn’s and diabetes. Crohn’s is very debilitating. My youngest brother in law, at the age of 19, went from 205lbs to 97lbs before the Montreal General Specialists saved his life by putting him on a new experimental drug.
      Today, he appreciates every minute of his life.
      Best of luck to Josh, his family and yours.

• Habfan10912 says:

Bri, saw your response below. Life is really hard sometimes. Hang in there. Brighter days are ahead. I promise bud.

———————————–

• Bripro says:

You know what Jim? Life is pretty good.
          My wife is more concerned than I am. I love her for who she is, and she brings life into this home. She raises our grandson, who so far, seems like a pretty good one.
          My daughter works full time and goes to school full time, so she’s just exhausted, but she’s a great kid.
          My only real concern is my son the Bs fan. He’s a little lost right now.
          But my mother, the most multi-faceted person after maybe Indira Gandi (no bias, there) reminded me often of the Serenity Prayer.
          I can still hear her voice. Very wise woman.
          It’s all good buddy. But thank you for your concern.

…… I lied! Without hockey, life sucks!

• Habfan10912 says:

Same for mine as well, Ben. Positive thoughts to the Harding family as well as yours my friend.

———————————–

• Kooch7800 says:

Unfortunately, MS is on the rise. I am sure some of that is the diagnostic equipment available now but I don’t think that is the only reason

Good luck to him and everyone who is afflicted with this horrible disease

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

16. Mike D says:

Since we’re taking shots at Jeremy Jacobs at the moment, here’s a couple beauties from Down Goes Brown:
    ———
    Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Seriously, when hockey is back if Bruins fans don’t boo Jacobs at least as passionately as they boo Kessel then they’re part of the problem.
    ———-
    Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Consensus Bruins fan reply, btw, is along the lines of: We booed him at the freaking Cup banner raising, so don’t worry, we got this.

– Honestly yours
    Twitter: @de_benny

17. Bripro says:

Who is the troll at the NHL level keeping the game from everyone?
    And here we thought is was Butthead.

What stands out….

(Upon winning the Stanley Cup) “But even in the midst of his greatest moment as an NHL owner, Jacobs proved tone deaf. He couldn’t help but needle Bruins President Cam Neely during the team’s championship parade for never winning his own Cup as a player. It was a cringe-worthy moment on a day that should have featured wall-to-wall grins, and it gave Bruins fans a chance to remember why they held Jacobs in contempt for so long.”

Who is the blondie?

19. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Here is my response to Kooch7800 from the previous thread (on whether or not PK deserves big money right now):

I disagree. First of all, I don’t think PK is looking for an outrageous contract. At MOST, he’s probably looking for $5 million a year on a long-term deal. If you look at his numbers from last year, I would say it isn’t farfetched to think that he deserves that based on what his peers are making.

In the entire NHL last year, there were only 10 other defensemen besides PK who put up 30 or more points, a plus rating and averaged over 24 minutes of ice-time per game. Those defensemen were:

Erik Karlsson
    Zdeno Chara
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Shea Weber
    Dan Boyle
    Ryan Suter
    Kris Letang
    Duncan Keith
    Brent Seabrook
    Ryan McDonagh

From that list, nobody played on a non-playoff team (let alone a bottom-3 team). Pietrangelo and McDonagh are on the last years of their entry-level contract, so they come in as steals for the next year. The lowest cap hit of the other players is Kris Letang at 3.5 million. However, he signed a 4-year deal that started in 2010-11 before the market was what it is now and before he put up the numbers stated above. The next lowest cap hit is Duncan Keith at 5.538 million.

PK deserves his money. If management were smart, they would lock him up long-term to a cap hit of 4.5 million. He would be a steal in the later years of the contract.

• Kooch7800 says:

We have to agree to disagree on this one

A lot of the D men you list above are in a different league than PK. Shea Weber….EriK Karlsson won the Norris….Chara, Letang. Personally I think McDonagh is further ahead than PK as a top 4 D. In the long run i think PK will be better but he isn’t worth 5 mill a season on a long term deal right now.

He is probably most comparable to John Carlson who signed a six year 23.8 million dollar deal which is 3.96 mill per year.

I think you are looking at the world through rose colored glasses.

PK will be in their ranks at some point but is not there yet and isn’t 5 mill plus worthy yet.

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• HabFanSince72 says:

Would you trade PK for Carlson straight up?

Me neither.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Kooch7800 says:

Currently no, I wouldn’t but Carlson is a better D man than you think and they are in very similar stages of production currently. PK is a stud and will be great long term but you can’t overstate his worth right now. He has played 2 seasons in the NHL and has had terrible starts in both seasons. I seem to remember him being benched the season before last because he was so bad. Last year he deserved to be benched at the beginning but there was no one else to play….

Don’t take this as me not liking PK cause I think he will be a great D man but he is very young and D is a very hard position. He has a long road to go. Just think give him a huge deal now what will you pay him on his next contract when his numbers do get better

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Ozmodiar says:

> Carlson is a better D man than you think

I dunno…HFS72 thinks he’s pretty darned good.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

“Just think give him a huge deal now what will you pay him on his next contract when his numbers do get better”

You’ll pay him what he’s worth at that time even if it’s 8 million a year. And you’ll be happy to do it, because it will mean he’s kicking serious ass for the Canadiens.

If you try to take a hard-line stance now with PK because it’s his second contract, it could burn you down the road. As Ozmodiar states below, other young players have cashed in on their second contracts. The game has changed. You pay him what he’s worth.

• Kooch7800 says:

Jan you hit the nail on the haid…pay him what he is worth so why would we now pay him more than he is worth?

He is worth 4 mill a season

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

I would trade PK for Weber or Chara though ;-) Heck I think I would trade PK for Yakupov. I can just imagine the chemistry between Gally and Yak on the ice together.

• Ozmodiar says:

Sure, he’s not at Weber’s level. However, Jan (pronounced Yan) is proposing a long-term contract of 4.5M. Weber is making almost 8M per.

Is he worth 4.5? You bet.

B. Marchand will soon have a cap hit of 4.5. Subban is easily worth that. I know Marchand isn’t coming off his ELC, but still, it goes to show that 4.5 will be a good value down the road.

If anyone thinks he’s too young to cash in long-term, see Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Myers.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

First of all, I am not comparing PK to Shea Weber or Chara. Both of them are obviously better all-around defensemen RIGHT NOW than PK is. I’m comparing their stats, which is not something that you can argue with. Check the stats on nhl.com. There were 11 defensemen who put up 30 points and a plus rating while averaging over 24 minutes a game. PK was one of them. That means he’s already among the best defensemen in the game.

Is PK as good as Weber or Chara? No. Can he be better than them eventually? It’s possible. You make an excellent point in comparing PK to Carlson. Very similar type of defenseman. Washington was very smart to sign him to that deal. Bergevin would be wise to sign PK to a similar deal, because PK is worth that (and maybe more) right now.

If I can take a couple of minutes to find some comparables (stat-wise), imagine the type of discussions PK’s agent (one of the best in Don Meehan) is having with Bergevin. Never mind that’s it’s his second contract. The league is different now. PK is worth the money now. He will only get better.

• Cal says:

It’s not about comparisons with other players. This is Subban’s 2nd contract. The Habs have NEVER given huge money or long term for players on their second contract. It’s the 3rd one where players cash in, and only after they have earned it with more than 2 seasons in the league.

• Kooch7800 says:

you can’t also compare him to the best D in the league right now….

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Cal says:

Very true. Potential is not realization. He has a great chance to be an elite Dman. He just isn’t right now.

• Kooch7800 says:

100% agree. When Jan compares him to Shea Weber it is pretty comical

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

So, what is “elite”? Because based on many numbers, PK actually is an elite defenseman. Now, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t need to get better. I’m just saying that there are not many defensemen in the league who can do what he does RIGHT NOW.

• Ozmodiar says:

Comical, yes. If only he were comparing the two. Which he isn’t.

He’s pointing out that, in certain statistical categories, Weber has company….and his name is PK Subban. ;)

• Kooch7800 says:

Shea Weber – 19 goals 30 assists 49 plus 21 177 hits
            PK Subban – 7 goals 29 assists 36 plus 9 105 hits
            John Carlson 9 goals 23 assists 32 minus 15 83 hits
            Z. Chara 12 goals 40 assists 52 plus 33 166 hits

PK is mostly compared to Carlson than any of the others. Honestly he is worth around 4 mill a season. If he thinks he should get 5 mill a season I would be worried

• Mustang says:

Don’t get me wrong, I like PK and I think that he will be a very valuable asset to the Habs. On the other hand, giving $5M per year to someone that has only been in the league for 2 years is exactly what is getting many of the teams in trouble. What are you going to give him after 2 or 3 more years, $10M per year? Where does it end?

• Kooch7800 says:

Bang on. where do you go after you give him 5 mill after 2 seasons of ok performances

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Well, IF PK were signed to a $5 million/yr deal, it would likely be a long-term deal (like 5-6 years), so by the time his contract would be up, who knows what salaries will look like?

However, I feel like Bergevin may be trying to sign PK to a 2 or 3-year deal at a lower cap hit, but PK is looking for a longer term, and therefore higher cap hit (since he would be giving up UFA years).

The main point I was trying to make is PK is worth more than 4 million right now, because he is doing things that only a select few can actually do (play 24-25 minutes a night against the other team’s best forwards, play PP, play PK, put up points, hit guys, etc.)

So, why try to pinch pennies when it comes to one of your studs? We should sign him to a fair market-price deal and worry about how much he’ll earn on his next contract when we get there.

20. commandant says:

Max’s tips and tricks for drinking your way through the lockout. NHL Happy Hour is back… the Unhappy edition.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Bripro says:

OK Ben….
      Who’s idea was this anyhow? It’s lunch hour, and I’m already longing for my Guinness.
      I’ll be drunk by 3, and my wife will kick me out by 4.
      Good job Ben…it’s all on you!

21. Hobie Hansen says:

I hope PK is fitting in time to stay in shape and practice because I have a feeling a lot of NHLers are sick of seeing him on the tube acting like an ass every day and would love to take his head off.

Brandon Prust is going to be a busy boy answering the bell for him…

• Luke says:

Nope. He does nothing. Just public appearances & having fun. As an unsigned professional athlete competing at the highest level, his priorities are not with fitness or maintaining his skills, and rightfully so.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Luke, I can sense the sarcasm oozing from your comment. We all know PK is working out. I should have said he should be working double time because he’s going to have a lot of guys wanting to smack that grin off his face after having seeing him ham it up on TV every other day of the lockout.

Happy?

• Cal says:

From the twitters I’ve read, lots of players are behaving like asses. PK is being PK. If other players don’t like it, tough s–t!

22. Bripro says:

First !!!
    Woo Hoo….it’s been a while.

23. Habfan10912 says:

It is funny! I thought he was very polished in his weather forecast as well. He’s a refreshing kid in today’s troubled sports world. Me likes. :)

———————————–