Optional practice for Habs

The Canadiens had a team meeting, an off-ice workout and an optional skate for six in Brossard this morning.

Goalie Alex Auld, defencemen Yannick Weber and Alexandre Picard and forwards Tom Pyatt, David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty skated.

The Canadiens are home to the Calgary Flames Monday night at the Bell Centre before flying out immediately to Buffalo, where they’ll play the Sabres Tuesday. Then it’s back to practice with a game Friday in Ottawa vs. the Senators and home next Saturday for the homecoming of former Habs captain Saku Koivu and the Anaheim Ducks.

1. Everlasting1 says:

I don’t need to be made to feel better about Halak’s performance. It’ll stand on it’s own. It’s really about the team..but nice trolling, making this about your Lord and Saviour of last year.

One need only look at the numbers before and after the string of injuries this season. See a correlation?

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

2. PeterD says:

Not bad for a little guy…sort of another Desharnais…I really like their spunk and heart…I just hope we can give them a shot at the bigs…but I am afraid we can only really have room for one small guy like that and we have too many (Gionta and Cammi)…we need more size up front…I think every team could use at least one guy like a Martin St. Louis.

But you know what, in three or so years from now Gallagher could shine for us if Gio and Cammi have moved on and we have more beef up front…

3. OneTimer says:

b-b-but he used words like sophistry and nadir! Aren’t you impressed?

4. Chuck says:

There are 8 goalies who have played in as many games as Halak. Of those, Halak is 7th of 8 in SV%. Does that make you feel better?

Centre Hice: Bruins blogger gets racial on PK Subban

5. Everlasting1 says:

I’d have to respectfully disagree..clearing pucks, blocked shots, screens, deflections are keys.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

6. Everlasting1 says:

You’re lumping goalies who’ve only seen minimal action/games so far with sv%s.

I WISH there was a stat for odd man rushes.

With a healthy lineup, the Blues would be a top 5 in the West..

Good luck with Philly if you make the dance :-P

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

7. Everlasting1 says:

And you are…?? Do you hear me insulting anyone FIRST? You must hate people with differing opinions/perspectives, but to someone who is challenged, it can be hard to accept.

Go Habs go.

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

8. habsfansince91 says:

ya but the thing with grabovsky was that he wanted out because he felt he wasn’t getting enough playing time.

9. Chuck says:

Their penalty kill is 20th, and they’re 15th in number of goals given up while shorthanded, so their play while shorthanded doesn’t explain why their goalie ranks all the way down at 29th in save percentage.

Also, a team that’s allowed the 5th-fewest shots against can’t be giving up more odd-man rushes than most other teams, unless you expect us to believe that teams have an incredible knack of being unable to get a shot away on an odd-man rush against the Blues.

Centre Hice: Bruins blogger gets racial on PK Subban

10. Everlasting1 says:

If you’ve seen as many Blues games as I have, you’d realize how many odd man rushes they give up..ridiculous actually. Their penalty kill is the worse and opponents are getting good looks. One pp after another..

But I wouldn’t expect you to realize much..you are rather limited.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

11. slapshot777 says:

Last nite, I was saying how Patches should never got a minor for bumping into Lundquist, because he was pushed or cross checked from behind by Dubinsky. Dubinsky all nite was playing with a chipy edge, because he thought that PK slew footed him. Anyway Lundquist should have gotten a major for punching with his blocker, but only got a 2 minute roughing penalty.

The Habs, still wondering how came away short handed. The officiating is getting worst every year. I watched the game today between Washington and Ottaw and green was smoked by Folingo, a clean body check. Green gets up and comes to the front of the net and slew foots an ottawa player. he gets a tripping penalty, but no one says anything about it. Pk or any Hab player does or supposedly does something and a big deal is made of it.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

12. Born in a Bad Year says:

We talk a lot about SK, D’agostini and O’Byrne as youth that the team let go and have gone on to play better on other teams.

The guy we hardly mention is Grabovski.

His line in Toronto has more goals scored than the Sedin line in Vancouver.  Ouch.

13. HabFanSince72 says:

In addition, the Habs have the 2nd best penalty kill %, the Blues 20th.

You know the old adage: the most important member of the pk unit is the goalie.

14. slapshot777 says:

Like I said before “everlasting is a troll” every post he replies to is always confrontational. Everyone is always wrong and he thinks he is always right, you say black and he says white. He is definately not a Habs fan, or if he is he sure as a funny way of showing it.

I don’t drink the kool-aid or wear the rose colour glasses, but seems like every remark made is always countered with his remark completely opposite. He is everlasting alright an everlasting idiot.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

15. Chuck says:

Your team chock full of AHLers has allowed the 5th-fewest shots against per game at 28.1, yet their goalie is 29th is save percentage. He’s not being overworked, but he certainly is underperforming.

Centre Hice: Bruins blogger gets racial on PK Subban

16. SeriousFan09 says:

Prospect Update:

RW Brendan Gallagher had a goal and two assists today and a total 2G, 5A on the week with his Vancouver Giants. He’s 5th overall in WHL scoring and he’s got 22 more points than anyone on his team. Not as many goals since losing linemate Craig Cunningham, but he’s still getting out the assists to help his team along.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

17. Everlasting1 says:

And the team has no bearing..chock full of AHLers.

A concussion to either Cammy, Pleks, Gio, AK and there is no post-season. That’s the truth.

”We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

18. Chuck says:

Actually, they’ve taken 193 minor penalties, not minutes. 193 minor penalty minutes would make them the least-penalized team in the league.

Centre Hice: Bruins blogger gets racial on PK Subban

19. Mark C says:

Are you kidding?

That’s what I said, however the NHL ranks the 8th highest as being 22, as the stat is counted in reverse, like I said. It’s just semantics, in my prior post I acknowledged that the Blues’ were 8th in minors taken.

Here’s the league’s website: http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLAAAAll&sort=minorPenalties&viewName=penalties

20. Mark C says:

Thanks. The funny thing is I’m not a huge JM fan, but blaming him for the handling of young players is gone too far. I don’t think JM is the best at it, but he isn’t ruining players careers and a few players going on to be marginally better isn’t that big of a deal.

21. Born in a Bad Year says:

There is one thing you are overlooking with O’Byrne’s plus minus.  Since he has been with Colorado, he has gone from even to plus 13.  Liles has only gone from plus 6 to plus 11.  O’Bryne in not on the ice as much in the final minutes when they are down and trying to catch up. Where he has picked up a couple without Liles is when the team is up a goal, he plays on a shutdown paring without Liles and has been on the ice for at least three empty net goals that I can think of, plus he has picked up assists on a couple of those.

I will go with his coach’s opinion, which is that he is the most under rated defenceman on the team.  I heard him say those words directly a week ago on NHL radio.

22. Everlasting1 says:

Are you dyslexic? They have 193 minor penalty minutes..that’s 8th highest.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

23. Mark C says:

Exactly, put him with an elite level antithesis of himself and he has a lot of value as a physical shutdown D-man, put him with anyone else and he’s a middling player.

24. Mark C says:

Right, 30 teams, 8th most also means they rank 22 in minors taken. The stat is counted in reverse, fewest=1th and most=30th. Or at least that how NHL.com does it.

25. Seps says:

Yes because Auld’s the future, trade Carey…

Maybe you should stick to soccer

26. Everlasting1 says:

And you’ve been dropped as a child.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

27. habs365 says:

don’t know any GM who would want to give up a good player..so that being said..it would pretty much indicate a temp player..if PG goes that route..here goes one of our established players maybe some of our good assets..if he could better the team for another five years plus..than that wouldn’t be so bad of an idea..otherwise PG..don’t go there..stick with what we have should we make the playoffs, and see how far the Habs can go..never know in the playoffs if they can get their scoring going..the remainder of the team is as good, in some cases better than most teams…….

28. Chuck says:

Yeah yeah, I know. You’re Halak’s illegitimate love child.

Centre Hice: Bruins blogger gets racial on PK Subban

29. Everlasting1 says:

I don’t think you’re up to speed.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

30. Chuck says:

If you’re a Hab fan, why would you hope that another team’s goaltender (and by extention, that team) have a better season than our own?

Centre Hice: Bruins blogger gets racial on PK Subban

31. Everlasting1 says:

BS.. they’re 8th in minors.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

32. TorontoHabsFan says:

Honestly MarkC, if it weren’t for people like you, Chris, Punkster, and SeriousFan I’d have left this monkeyhouse ages ago.

Thank you for this post!

33. Habnofear says:

So we’re at bout the mid way point of the season  and after the All star game there be the chance to make trade one last time to improve a teams chance to make the play-offs or win The Stanley Cup.We know that the other NHL teams will be making  the moves necessary to achieve these goals but will the Habs follow suit? Will Pierre Gauthier dive in and do the things necessary to get the boarding passes for  his team and their fans on a Stanley Steamer? Or will it be  a lil move with a temp player  as is usually the case in recent years???

34. habs365 says:

what ever Bruins fan wrote this..is very ignorant and uneducated

Optional practice for Habs

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Carey Price

Coming off Tuesday’s 2-0 shutout of the Vancouver Canucks and last night’s 3-1 victory in Boston, Canadiens coach Jacques Martin offered his troops an optional practice this morning in advance of tomorrow’s home game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

A dozen players hit the ice in Brossard: goalies Carey Price (who plays tomorrow for his 15th start in 16 games this season) and Alex Auld and, in no particular order, skaters Scott Gomez, Alexandre Picard, Mathieu Darche, Dustin Boyd, Tom Pyatt, Jeff Halpern, Lars Eller, Maxim Lapierre, Travis Moen and Josh Gorges.

The rest of the team participated in dry-land workouts, notably a little indoor soccer.

Below, Price says last night’s win came with a style of game similar to how the Canadiens played during the postseason last year. (The first Habs Inside/Out-shot video clip, by the way. Expect to see more of it.)

VwUmItBoNBU

1. gauver says:

1.  Neither.  I would have accepted it as a reasonable expectation based on the team we saw in the playoffs. (yes, more players then just Halak played well)

2. Price.  Expectations were high for Plekanec and Subban, relatively low for Price.

3. Gionta

4. Halpern

5. Sidney Crosby for Scott Gomez

2. andrewberkshire says:

I just always had a respect for the trade, my grandfather was a carpenter. When I was a kid I loved going into his garage for the smell alone.

3. joeybarrie says:

10-5-1…. A little better than I though, but I tought we would be doing pretty good.

PRICE.

Gionta

HALPERN…No doubt. I think we are getting what we hoped for with Gorges, I don’t think he has been unsung.

I would not do anything. CLEARLY JM IS A BETTER COACH THAN I AM. CANT EVEN COMPARE.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

4. Corio says:

It was exactly the style they played in the playoffs last year, both against the Canucks and Boston.  Only difference is they allowed less shots!  Keep it up boys!

1. No. The Habs had relatively easy opponents thus far and stayed healhty, and it’s early in the season. This was on unimaginable that they’d do ok with essentially the same roaster where no 25 game gelling period was required.

2. PK. Price I expected to be what he is right now because well… he is a good goalie. PK is entering his first full rookie season and quite frankly I thought JM’s “managing” would get to him. So far he’s been very very solid.

3. Gionta – can score (sort of), doesn’t mind traffic and has best defensive sense of the 3

4. Although Pouliot has made a great turn around (i am very impressed with him this season), I say Gorges cause the dude just keeps on taking the beating game after game and still gets up and does his thing.

5. Do you even have to ask? MAB is back on the top D unit and gets all PP time.

6. Say Ash says:

It’s on his business card, I believe.

7. NightRyder says:

1. Not crazy, just off by two wins.

2. Price

3. Don’t you have to produce offensively to be a complete player?

4. Halpern.

5. Gomez for Crosby. You said ANYTHING I want…

8. Say Ash says:

I know, I know. But still, I’d have to go half way to the Yukon to get that kind of deal in “Vancouver”.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

1. Way optimistic, banking on an explosive scoring campaign by Cammy and Gionta.

2. Price, I’m a huge fan of his but I didn’t think he’d play so well without barely resting.

3. Gomez seems better at the takeaway and D, while I love Gionta, his size/lack of reach does hurt him in the D zone a bit too often. Cammy is just offensively minded, he’s better than last year but he’s never going to be a top 2-way guy.

4. Halpern, a ton of faceoff wins and an expert on the PK, he’s giving the team a huge boost in PK efficiency, 96.9% on the road is just obscene.

5. Just move AK back to Plek’s line.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

10. RGM says:

Soon we won’t have our favourite tool to kick around anymore…

11. habs365 says:

His best days are behind him….in his younger days he was a good player….averaged around 25 goals per year….wouldn’t waste money on him now….the habs has to look for a player that scores 20-25 goals a year….that would probably fix or at least help the second line….other than that….more money wasted….

12. SmartDog says:

Great to have a winning team…

5 (UPBEAT) QUESTIONS:

1. If someone told you in August that the Habs would go 10-5-1 to start the season, would you have thought they were crazy or at least – way optimistic?

2. Who’s been more impressive so far – Price, Subban, or Plekanec?

3. They’re all touted as specialists, but who’s the more complete player – Gionta, Gomez, or Cami?

4. Who’s the team’s unsung hero so far- Halpern, Pouliot, Gorges… or??  (I won’t include Subban… there’s been a LOT of singing about him, some of it even by other people. :)

5. The new head of whatever mafia is now in charge of Montreal’s streets has the power to get one favour from JM, owing to some photos he has from his Florida nude-beach days…  he offers YOU the power to make ONE roster change – anything you want.  What would it be?

SD

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

13. HabFanSince72 says:

2 bedroom flats go for $400K and more in Mile End. Candiac is 30 min out of Montreal.

14. SeriousFan09 says:

Finished my copy of Todd Denault’s “The Greatest Game” That I picked up at the Summit raffle, well worth your time if you want to examine the 20-year build up that was the New Year’s Eve Game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

15. SeriousFan09 says:

Miro was scratched from 7 games in 2009 and had 1G, 5A the whole time, averaging about 10 minutes a game, inability to play with the two most dominant players in the 2009 playoffs is not a healthy indication of his reliability.

He’s too enigmatic to be liked by JM to insist he is brought in.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

Alan Walsh, takes the “cl” out of class. Should be his new slogan.

17. twocents says:

Well, it all depends what you’re looking for.

If it’s money, a healthy and safe work environment, and a career that you can continue into your golden years, there are better choices.

Interesting line combos. I like them.

19. ZepFan2 says:

Like your boy Benny lit it up when he was a rookie.

————————————————————————

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

20. Storm Man says:

You don’t say…… Allan Walsh talks BS in the media???? this from such a class guy…….. Just take the cl out of class.

21. joeybarrie says:

Are the Habs about to sign Satan???????

Satan has ALOT of money. I doubt he would hassle himself for 500-700k extra minus taxes so he could float around and not care, especially coming halfway into the season. Another poster pointed out that he had a good playoffs last season and probably wants to play some good hockey again. Not that long ago he was a 30 goals scorer. He was one of the forwards with the most ice time last playoffs.

He is a GOOD PP player gettig 33% of his goals on the PP, AND he won a Stanley Cup 2 years ago. Played with Hal Gill. I don’t know if this would be such a BAD thing. He can be used on the 2nd and 3rd line in a pinch. JM LOVES veterans.

INTERESTING at the least. Would I rather have Guerin? IDK. two good options IMO.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

22. Don Carnage says:

So where is that fella who said the Habs were going to be stomped and crushed by the Bruins xtra.. something or another ??

:0)

23. Chorske says:

Candiac is NOT Montreal. ;)

24. twocents says:

Bugs I am willing to bet you, in some suitable medium, that Eller becomes a very good player within the next two or three years.

In my view he clearly has a great set of skills and attributes.

Carrot or drum… sticks?

25. Mattyleg says:

….yeah, but you have to live in Candiac…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

26. andrewberkshire says:

An excellent trade.

27. andrewberkshire says:

HA! I’m just glad we’re not gonna waste valuable cap space on someone like Satan, too much of an enigma.

28. secretdragonfly says:

Satan needs to get a new agent.

29. Say Ash says:

Man, I forgot how cheap living in Montreal is! Eight hundoh for five bedrooms? Wow.

30. twocents says:

Being a carpenter I’ve an unfair advantage.

31. GrimJim says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but no one expected Eller to replace Pleks or Gomez this year, did they? Did you? What’s the matter Bugs, your instant gratification taking too long?

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline-plan wrapped helically around an axis?

32. Harani says:

On an aside, Carey Price has bought a 800 000$ 5-bedroom house in Candiac. Looks like he’ll be settlign in on the South Shore with his gf. Good for him. (source: 25stanley.com)

“It must be love!”

33. Chorske says:

That’s good. As soon as I found out I was scooped on the Church Lady SATAAAN?? avatar, I lost interest.

34. andrewberkshire says:

According to Renaud Lavoie, you hit the nail RIGHT on the head. He says the Habs told him they have zero interest in Satan, all media BS by Allan Walsh.

35. NightRyder says:

Jannik Hansen wants to fight you now.

36. NightRyder says:

Let’s go with it would be a very bad thing.

37. Bugs says:

In-depth report on everybody’s favourite Dane.

Lars Eller making a splash.

Despicably despondent, I yawn as

38. twocents says:

I don’t like the idea of Satan being signed, and when you combine it with Walsh, I really don’t like it and highly doubt PG is actually considering it. The comment above makes it sound like an agent trying to prop up the value of his player and makes all of this even more remote.

I say, as long as we are winning, keep trying to work it out with the assets we have, come January, if nothing has clicked for any sustained time, then think deal.

39. andrewberkshire says:

Renaud Lavoie says Habs tell him they aren’t signing Satan, phew!!

40. Chorske says:

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH

this was going to be my new avatar. And someone beat me to it!

well that’s just…. inconveeeeeenient.

41. andrewberkshire says:

Apparently Walsh also said the negotiations involve other teams.

42. Propwash says:

Ventuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa…… Yes Satan? All kidding aside, I’m not sure if it will be a good or bad thing to sign him, if it is actually going to happen.

43. twocents says:

I would expect that Desharnais would produce more at this level, by this point in the season. I also expect his mistakes would not be any more grievous than Eller’s. But Desharnais is a different player, for him to justify a roster spot he would have to play in the top six and so would have more pressure to produce. Eller’s size and skill package allows him to contribute in the bottom six, where production is less an imperative.

Bottom line is I haven’t seen Desharnais play enough to start rallying for his promotion. My attitude towards these things is that there must be a reason, a hole in his or any player’s game, that requires he play at the level he is playing. I don’t see any reason the organization would hold him back if they felt he could contribute in a manner that suits his skills and the team’s needs. I certainly don’t think he’s the victim of some prejudice.

Every player is different and production at the AHl level doesn’t always predict any degree of success in the Nhl. But, I’ve already gone over some of this. Clearly you’ve no interest in considering some of these arguments. What can I do? This is my opinion. I don’t have a close enough view of Hamilton or for that matter even the Habs to go down the road you’re pointing. What I do know is we are playing well and winning games and I’ll leave the details to the men in charge. If that situation changes then I’ll question who should be up.

Listen, Bugs, I have to run and won’t be able to respond for a while. Don’t interpret my silence as me cutting off our discussion. And pardon any errors I’ve made, no time to edit.

44. habs365 says:

right now the Habs are playing good defence….excellent goaltending from carey….and one of the best penality kills in the league….for now that’s the reason why they’re winning.

I have watched most of the Habs games and find they don’t have a balance attack….having said that….the first line is looking good….with cammy..pleks and gionta….they only thing I would like to see on that line….is to move cammy to the right side….he has a wicked one timer there….and try gionta on the left side….if it doesn’t work out….switch them back.

the second line is not for lapierre….sure he might have lots of drive and a decent shot but that’s it….I know you’re gonna jump on me for this….that’s alright….everyone is entitled to their opinion…I would move halpern up on left wing….and put ak46 on the right wing with gomez….ak plays better on the right wing….that’s where he was getting his points with pleks….I honestly think the second line would be almost or as good as the first line with this combo

the third line….jm could have pouliot..eller..darsche….they could produce bonus goals now and than….which is needed badly….you can’t have a talented young kid like eller playing on a checking line….he won’t learn anything and this kid is gonna be ruined.

the fourth line is for players like….moen..lapierre and pyatt that play a checking role and they’re very good at it no shame there….every player on a team has a specific role and they are put in a certain position and situation to carry out that role….that’s how you produce winners

congrats to the Habs….you’re playing great guys….just a little more scoring.

The Rocket.

45. kempie says:

The whole problem with MAB is this: JM for whatever unknown reasons, is convinced that he’s a pretty good defenceman. I agree that, for $500k to get the point shot is likely worth it. But you know that no matter what happens, JM will have him playing top 4 minutes the minute he unpacks his bags.

46. samTHEman says:

1. Realistic

2. Price. The reason is he’s comming off his worst career season. We knew what to expect from Pleks, and to a lesser extent, Subban. Both have been great thus far.

3. Gionta

4. Jeff Halpern

5. Place Ryan White on the 4th line.

47. Bugs says:

Ohhhh, we GOT Eller to be a 4th-liner then? Oh, well, in that case, ok, he,s fine. Kinda weird to have put him on the 2nd the other night though, no? But nevermind that, he’s a 4th-liner, ok.

I was under the impression we were aiming a little higher, see.

Despicably despondent, I yawn as

Good, that game does nothing for a goal tenders confidence. He tries his best, the rest of the team plays 40%.

Stay away Mr. Price please. It was a huge mistake last year.

49. Bugs says:

But…Deuce, Desharnais has dominated everywhere he’s played and PRODUCED up here just as much if not more so than Eller. White has not only shown more jam in one game than all 14 or 15 or however many Eller has played, but has ALSO popped in one or two, no?

We don’t want a guy who “doesn’t get frustrated”; we want a guy who produces. You can’t get “frustrated” being a rookie on the 4th line, ferpetessakes.

Yes, he has skill; yes, he has talent, yes, he has vision. I’m not denying any of that. But he’s being OUTCLASSED and OUTPLAYED on every shift. He’s NOT READY YET. He CANNOT control the puck along the boards, he CANNOT instigate any plays, and he CANNOT get decent opportunities to shoot. Add all that up + 5 minutes playing time, and why not give Desharnais a chance instead? What would be the difference?

With what you have seen, is it your contention that after 15 games, Desharnais would ALSO have only 1 point to show for it all? Or that he would make such spectacular, leading-to-10-goal-defeats mistakes that it would be better to keep propping Eller just so we could justify the return as well as “observe his development”?

Permit me to doubt it, sir.

Despicably despondent, I yawn as

50. Hobie Hansen says:

Satan would be OK I guess…nothing to jump and down about that’s for sure. He’s 35-years-old and maybe a 15-goal-scorrer if he were able to stay healthy for 82 games. There’s a reason he’s not playing for anyone right now, kinda like MAB.

51. andrewberkshire says:

From what I’ve heard about him over his career, very similar to Kovalev, moody and quiet. Interesting guy, but goes into funks all the time and isn’t exactly a great teammate.

52. twocents says:

Desharnais, no.

White, no.

Weber, more so but not to the same degree, and D is crowded currently with Sobbie out prospecting him.

Pac-Man even closer, had a chance, showed holes, got frustrated, lost confidence, back down.

If that’s happens to Eller, he should be sent down too.

53. Les Habitants says:

1.optimistic…..

2.price

3.Gionta

4.Halpern

5 Get rid of spacek

54. Propwash says:

I’d do it if he took the league minimum, and stays as faaaaar away from Defence as humanly possible. Give him 4th line minutes, and only if somebody winds up going back to Hamilton.

Although, his sign did say “Will take point shots for food” An even better deal.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

55. GrimJim says:

Desharnais is a small top-6 guy; he would replace Gio or Cammy; White a bottom-6 grinder who would replace Darche or Moen; Pac-Man a top 6 power forward who would replace AKost or Person-To-Be-Named-To-GLove’s-Line. In short, for them to develop as the top prospects that they are, the only place is the AHL. Eller’s replacement is in fact Boyd, whom Eller is outplaying, so Eller stays in

56. HFX-HabFan says:

Shoot, there goes another one off the market.

57. fbkj says:

anywhoo, back to the topic, eller hasnt looked lost or out of place, he is doing the simple things right and is not a liability on the ice, which are positives in his game, his production will come

i would agree with you that he doesnt deserve a spot on the team if he cost us goals and or games, but he is doing fine considering the circumstances

58. Hagar says:

I envision a Habs pp with speed, crisp passing, cycling, generating shots…along with a booming shot from the point.

59. kempie says:

I love it. The more people who think the Habs are an underdog team devoid of any allstar talent, the better. For that matter I’d rather not finish first in the conference either if I have a choice. Finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th would be ideal. Let’s get home ice in the first round and concentrate on staying healthy, special teams and playoff strategy while we prepare for a strong playoff. In June, nobody will care if we finish 1st or 3rd or how many players we send to the ASG. The very, very, very last thing I’d want is for a guy like Price to go into a shooting gallery like that, especially at this point in his development and the team’s.

60. Mike says:

Anyone know about Satan?( The players)  Anyone know how he plays. I remeber he was decent last year when he signed. What about in the locker room?

61. GrimJim says:

No it’s BatGirl. Batgirl and Robin often had to team up to save Batman after he had got himself captured because he went into the situation alone after he decided the situation was too dangerous for the kids/sidekicks.

62. secretdragonfly says:

They’re a furniture/appliance store (like Leon’s or The Brick) and I’m pretty sure he’s in the stockroom.

63. fbkj says:

i was asking you to call me johnny, politely

just how confused are you?

I disagree. The booming shot from the point has been the Habs’ PP crutch 3 years running.The PP will have to use other strengths it possesses such as speed, crisp passing, cycling and generating shots. No MAB please. I’d rather see them activate the D to score goals like the way Hammer and Markov scored against Vancouver.

65. kordic says:

Who is?

Drinking already?

“The ghosts are gone. The Canadiens have two choices, try and win the cup or be French Canadian” – Ken Dryden

66. kordic says:

poo + poo = Mab!!

67. Mark says:

You know what? I’m actually okay with there not being a lot of Habs on the list, I mean, I know it always adds a little incentive to watch the game when our boys are out there representing the team, and it makes it more fun to vote, but the way we’re playing right now, I’d rather the guys get that weekend off to recharge the batteries to keep pushing for the top of the conference rather than somebody get hurt or burnt out from a meaningless event like Dipietro did a couple of years ago.

68. Habs.Prophet says:

Lets not give up on Lars Eller!  That man will come through for us! Go Lars go! Go Lars go!

69. Bugs says:

Nonsensical argumentation.

Where do I NOT call you Johnny? See? Doesn’t work like that. You can’t transfer an angle of debate you’re unable to win to a different subject that doesn’t support it.

You’re becoming quite useless, I’m afraid, FB. And you sound stupid  (.[^`% but look, a little sign like this will make all seem clever.

Despicably despondent, I yawn as

70. kordic says:

He wishes!! He is just a cashier, for now.

71. jimmy shaker says:

Just 7, way less than the 14 Jaro cost us and the 15 hammer did last year!

SHaker

72. fbkj says:

id hardly say eller has been outplayed or outclassed

he has contributed to some chances, no real money shot as of yet, but he works on the ice and isnt making costly mistakes or taking bad penalties

desharnais is too small and is laking the strength to compensate for that