On Markov speculation…

To clarify: the purpose of Habs Inside/Out is and always has been to report news, offer opinion and serve as a portal to Canadiens news and views that are produced in print, on TV and radio, and online.

When we report something as news, we state that. If we relay what others are reporting, be it news, opinion or speculation that has fans of the team engaged and talking, we link to the source.

We believe that our readers can draw the line between what we report as news and what we’re saying is being reported elsewhere.

• For a good take on ER-DS and its medical experts, check out GG11’s blog.

1. adam76 says:

Imagine this team with Iginla – wow.

2. M.Neil says:

The guy in the brown suit behind her has hand in pocket in a very conspicuous manner.

3. Bill J says:

I agree – I personally am secretly dreaming that the Habs will take that saved Cap $$$ and spend it on a Top6 Forward…

IE a Iginla :D

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

4. geo_habsgo says:

In light of recent speculation it looks like Markov is headed toward ltir. We are in for a big cap boost with him out of the lineup but I am hoping that the management doesn’t panic and try to sign someone to fill the gap before we need to. Might send the wrong the message to the club that they can’t do anything without Markov. I say, in my very limited vision, to let the team go for a few games and see how we fare during that time.

5. Danno says:

For a good take on ER-DS and its medical experts, check out GG11’s blog.

Okay, I did. And La Belle Chantal can take my pulse any day ;)

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

6. newbrunswick troy says:

Hey thanks for one of the answers anyway…..oh and more so thanks for having the the balls to try spelling a word like ” commentariat” !! especialy with all these  gramer nazzis out here!!!

7. punkster says:

========== Facts are for sissies.

8. M.Neil says:

I was just perusing the injury list of the all the teams and saw that Colorado has 9 injuries, Anahiem has 8, New Jersey has 9. I think we are fortunate to have unfortunately, one player out. Another thing I saw was 13 or 14 concussions, Colorado in the lead with 3, starting to sound like the NFL.

9. Danno says:

1 – Same knee

2 – I’ll leave that one to the capalogists among the commentariat.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

10. newbrunswick troy says:

Two questions….1- was it the same knee he blew out last year (cause i know first hand once a knee is shot,its screwed for ever!!!!????)

2-   how does his salarie effect the cap if he is done for long term???(months or year)

11. New says:

You are asking a great deal of your readers and more of those quick off the keyboard Mr Stubbs:-) Difficult position to be in. If you don’t report that RDS is blathering about doom and gloom one of the comments will mention it. When you do report that RDS is blathering doom and gloom an excited fanbase reports that “according to the Gazette’s HIO…”

Nothing to do with you guys. You do an excellent job, all of you do. The ones most likely to comment are those the most likely to be waiting anxiously. This time it is a knee. Last week it was two losses. Next week it will be Gomez parking too close to Lapierre’s ride.

12. SmartDog says:

So you’re saying Markov is out for the year?  Right??

———
    Spell check is for sissies.

13. habs365 says:

If this stuff is all true and that’s a big if….he should retire and when he can come back the Habs should hire him to work with the Defensemen….I think he would do a fine job….if he comes back to play maybe he should talk with Bobby Orr first….I think Bobby could give him some real good advice on knees.

The Rocket agrees.

14. WestHab says:

Tomorrow the Habs get back in action without Markov. It’s been done before. So he’s out for 3 to 8 or 12 months. It sucks for the Habs and us but alot more for Marki. I whish him the best.

15. 23 HABS 23 says:

Love it!  Well put K-hab25 … well put indeed!  I’d give you 3 thumbs up … but I only got 2 (and they are yours – all the way up).

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

16. Everlasting1 says:

No it isn’t. It’s a shot off the mark, and he got a piece of it, oh belligerent one.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

17. K-hab25 says:

Agreed, just goes to show how well the TEAM has played, that the only game they’ve allowed more than 3 goals was do to some serious BS.

18. K-hab25 says:

So what you’re saying then is Halak has had the same team all year in front him and his crap play of late is his teams fault and his SO’s were all him. Sounds familiar.

19. showey47 says:

That loss still pisses me off. Garbage call on subban then no call on malone to allow the bolts to tie it up.

20. WestHab says:

Thanks for that. I have only seen prices at around the $400.00 which is probably some seson tix holders looking to make $. I guess well just have to pay attention for the sale of tix on ticketmaster.  So far I’ve heard that some season tix holders are outraged at the seats they are getting. Maybe that’s why they are on stubhub and such.

It would be nice as a few have posted to get some Calgary HIOers togethor for the event and a few beers. Maybe a Kinda Summit West.