On Markov speculation…

To clarify: the purpose of Habs Inside/Out is and always has been to report news, offer opinion and serve as a portal to Canadiens news and views that are produced in print, on TV and radio, and online.

When we report something as news, we state that. If we relay what others are reporting, be it news, opinion or speculation that has fans of the team engaged and talking, we link to the source.

We believe that our readers can draw the line between what we report as news and what we’re saying is being reported elsewhere.

• For a good take on ER-DS and its medical experts, check out GG11’s blog.

1. light_n_tasty says:

Don’t forget about Auld!

2. 23 HABS 23 says:

Love it!  Well put K-hab25 … well put indeed!  I’d give you 3 thumbs up … but I only got 2 (and they are yours – all the way up).

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

3. Everlasting1 says:

No it isn’t. It’s a shot off the mark, and he got a piece of it, oh belligerent one.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

4. K-hab25 says:

Agreed, just goes to show how well the TEAM has played, that the only game they’ve allowed more than 3 goals was do to some serious BS.

5. K-hab25 says:

So what you’re saying then is Halak has had the same team all year in front him and his crap play of late is his teams fault and his SO’s were all him. Sounds familiar.

6. showey47 says:

That loss still pisses me off. Garbage call on subban then no call on malone to allow the bolts to tie it up.

7. WestHab says:

Thanks for that. I have only seen prices at around the $400.00 which is probably some seson tix holders looking to make $. I guess well just have to pay attention for the sale of tix on ticketmaster.  So far I’ve heard that some season tix holders are outraged at the seats they are getting. Maybe that’s why they are on stubhub and such.

It would be nice as a few have posted to get some Calgary HIOers togethor for the event and a few beers. Maybe a Kinda Summit West.

8. le_vrai_jacques says:

I just want this goalie thing to go away. (I shouldn’t have reacted to the dawg’s post, I’ll grant you that…). Lesson learned, and apologies for the ensuing posts (for mine, that is).

9. K-hab25 says:

In regulation, but he did give up 4 in the TB OT game.

10. Propwash says:

We send our garbage to the Leafs, not the other way around 😉

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

11. K-hab25 says:

It’s K-hab25 Le douche!! I’m sorry if me sticking up for Habs players, while haters like you were crapping on them, is single minded. Your hero is failing, while my Habs are better than ever, without the supposed saviour. I LAUGH OUT LOUD at the cry baby Halakites making excuses for a Blues player, while wallowing in sorrow over the success of a Habs player.

12. le_vrai_jacques says:

“You Halakians” is probaby rude also here, now. Anyways, apologies for the unintended rudeness. I’ll hide behind my obvious non-mastery of English on that one… As for payback, I suppose you will let hardcore “Halakians” (not me!) have theirs, if warranted…? (Sincerely hoping it will not come to that. Honest.)

13. Bill J says:

Wait – so it was OK when you Halakians reminded the rest of us all summer how Price was crap etc etc etc, that THAT was ok… But now that Halak is gone & is having failures & Price is stellar, it’s not OK for some members to give some payback ?

lol – BTW, ” Price mums” in English or in French is rude.  Nice way to start a post.

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

14. GrimJim says:

still season-ticket holders right now. Then it will go to group-pack holders then the public. Get this, Ken King said the Stampeders get 1000 tickets to distribute amongst their 25,000 season ticket holders. BTW, King also said that, because of how McMahon is laid out and how the rink will be built, the first 15 rows or so will be reduced visibility seating.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline-plan wrapped helically around an axis?

15. Everlasting1 says:

That’s gotten old. The same team fronted both goalies last year, and I’ve never claimed what you’re accusing me of.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

16. andrewberkshire says:

These Halak diehards are ridiculously inconsistent!

17. le_vrai_jacques says:

Ah, Bill J, one of the Price mums. I don’t go out of my way cheering when a former mtl player has a bad game. waste of time. The dawg and other singleminded posters (like K-25Habs or something) annoy me. You’re not that bad… I’d like this goalie debate to go away. I’ve made my peace. But some Price fans still raise it for no good reason. Annoying. And, yes, it is a lot of energy with my so-so English.

18. showey47 says:

LMAO,well played.

19. samTHEman says:

Ofcourse. Lapierre is the gem of this franchise.

20. samTHEman says:

The magnitude of his injury is still unknown. He could be out for only a month if it is a tweak, just like he could be out 3-4 months. Lucky for us Markov is commited to his club and looks to find form rather fast.

The solution is to sign him short-term for a lesser amount of money. The Habs can argue that he’s injury-prone and get a discount. They don’t want to tie lots of money for many years on a player that will miss half the season.

A. he might never be the same player again

B. he might re-injure himself and miss x amount of games

I’m expecting we should hear more on his case wednesday morning. I don’t expect the club to release any information before tomorrow’s game, and rightfully so. These type of things tend to be a distraction in the locker room. That’s why the Canadiens are always dealing with matters secretively Imo, despite the fan and media involvement in this city. Props to them.