On Markov speculation…

To clarify: the purpose of Habs Inside/Out is and always has been to report news, offer opinion and serve as a portal to Canadiens news and views that are produced in print, on TV and radio, and online.

When we report something as news, we state that. If we relay what others are reporting, be it news, opinion or speculation that has fans of the team engaged and talking, we link to the source.

We believe that our readers can draw the line between what we report as news and what we’re saying is being reported elsewhere.

โ€ข For a good take on ER-DS and its medical experts, check out GG11’s blog.

1. Psycho29 says:

I swear he’s just there to fill air time…Plus he probably pays the station to let him on the air…

๐Ÿ™‚

2. light_n_tasty says:

I dunno, I don’t think that the 10-games we played without Markov this year is proof that we are fine without him, given our record without him over the last 2 seasons.

3. andrewberkshire says:

If you’re BEATEN through the 5-hole twice and it rings off the post both times, it’s ***ing beaten buddy. Watch the game before you try to talk crap.

4. andrewberkshire says:

NOW it’s a team sport, but I thought Halak was winning everything on his own?

5. deuce6 says:

Tomas Kaberle

6. showey47 says:

I’m just going by the prices they have posted on stubhub.

7. Bill J says:

Your kidding right ?

You mean to tell me if CGY insists on Lapierre if they are taking Gomez in return for Iginla, you would nix the deal ?

Surely you’re joking! right ? lol

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

8. andrewberkshire says:

And now a fight! I’m also very happy for O’Byrne. Hoping he keeps it up.

9. Matt_in_TO says:

I thought they hadn’t gone on say to the public yet, only season ticket holders.  I saw the seating chart and the most expensive seat is suppose to be $249 and it looks like most of the seats are going to fall in the price range.  I was planning on making the trip out there an catching both game in Alberta but not at those prices.

– In Price We Trust

10. Everlasting1 says:

Ringing shots off the posts isn’t beaten. The D is atrocious and can’t even clear the puck out of their own end. The second goal was a complete screen.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

11. showey47 says:

I’m looking into it as a possibility. The tic’s i saw were priced between 400.00 and 11,000.00 bucks each.

12. gloveside says:

So…who is available via trade to run our PP?

13. showey47 says:

Also is a +3,leads both teams with 3 hits, 2 takeaways and leading his team in ice time. I’m happy things are going well for him.

14. Danno says:

And they (Richards) score a shortie. Then another by Richards a minute later. 5-1 Flyers.

Goodnight Irene.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

15. Bill J says:

If you such a fan of the team, why did you spend so much energy & time writing a post about the current Montreal Canadiens #1 Goaltender’s fan ?  And equally so much energy on a goaltender who no longer plays for this team.

The only “cheering” for the team in your post is the Statement:

“But I cheer for the team! (Price’s performance so far is helping, I’ll admit…).”

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

16. Everlasting1 says:

The Blues are without their two top forwards and 3 top d-men. It’s a team sport. Get a clue.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

17. geo_habsgo says:

Take Lapierre out of any trade talk. He is our premiere frenchmen now no way is he going anywhere.

18. WestHab says:

Off topic and out of the West.

Have any Calgary Hab fans managed to obtain Heritage Clasic tix yet?

19. mbplekfan says:

If Markov is out for the year I think we have to make a play for Robyn Regehr.

We have Lapierre with a one year contract and a prospect in Weber that we could use to acquire Regehr. Calgary has cap issues and would probably like to move a player or two while picking up a player for later.

Ideally I’d like to swap 1st rounders too but Calgary probably isnt that stupid. If we threw in our 2nd rounder we might be able to swing that deal.

20. Danno says:

First Flyers penalty!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

21. showey47 says:

no kidding,the linesman runs a pick causing a turnover and then the ref calls a weak penalty against the sens defenceman who was caught due to the linesman’s pick.

22. le_vrai_jacques says:

I mean it. Let it go. Please. You’re as bad as SinglemindedDog with Gomez. You’re OBVIOUSLY a Price fan before a Canadiens fan. I was really pissed when they traded Jaro for peanuts. He’s proved last year and this that he’s worth so much more than what we got. But I cheer for the team! (Price’s performance so far is helping, I’ll admit…).

23. HabFab says:

I would have guessed when you did the asking his dog part!!

24. SeriousFan09 says:

Tony Marinaro latest yahoo to throw his hat into the ring of making predictions with no backing, says Markov’s ACL is torn again without any proof. He says things just to get attention these days I swear. Why does Team 990 have to give that hack so much air time?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

25. Bill J says:

I think history has proven, if both parties are interested in making the deal work.  It can happen.

Iginla is just a thought IMO, because he does need a change of scenery.

I think in MTL, right now, he could have tremendous success.. and He may consider staying on for cheap to close out his career, never know.

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

26. samTHEman says:

hey, it’s ek, where ridicule is encouraged!

27. Danno says:

Price is the only goalie in the league to allow no more than three goals for any game so far this season.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

28. Bill J says:

You’re just feeding my Iginla to MTL dream.

Damn You Ryder!

lol

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

29. geo_habsgo says:

So say that we do somehow manage to get our hands on Iginla. Who do we move and where does he fit into the lineup? I’ve been thinking about both those questions but am having trouble figuring it out.

We aren’t coming into the deal from a position of strength so Calgary’s GM has all the negotiating power. Could the price be too steep?

30. 23 HABS 23 says:

You are right … Halak is no longer with Montreal … however … it seems whenever Halak has a good game or gets a shut out … we have to listen to other HIO members post about how great he is and how we should have kept him instead of Price … kinda nice to see that Halak is human – and unproven since he has not ever played an entire season … we’ll see how he fairs this year.

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

31. Bill J says:

That was then, this is now.

Do you not agree ?

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

32. 23 HABS 23 says:

And Price has 2 more wins than Halak right now … sounds pretty good if you are a HABS fan … don’t you think?

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

33. avatar_58 says:

Hey I didn’t say I don’t want Iggy, I just wish we weren’t talking like Markov’s loss is leading to it.

34. light_n_tasty says:

Although, we did have a pretty terrible record without Markov last year, and probably would have missed the playoffs had he not returned…

Fan Summit Updates–Click To View Pictures Of The Summit

2010 Summit Is In The Books

36. le_vrai_jacques says:

Halak is no longer with the Canadiens. Time to move on. Let it go! ;0)

37. Magg says:

Poor guy, of all people to keep getting screwed over-all the talent in the world, hard worker, the quiet leader…this is only going to make his pending UFA situation that much tougher for the Habs to resolve. If we re-sign him long-term and his knees are too messed for him to ever return to form, we shoot ourselves in the foot with one of those big unmovable contracts. If Gauthier walks because hes scared to commit and he does come back to form, without any letdown, then Gauthier and the Habs look like the idiots and then all hell breaks loose. Not going to be easy…

38. Magg says:

39. NightRyder says:

O’Byrne plus-3 in the first period alone.

One assist and 7:46 of playing time.

Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing.

40. punkster says:

The whole humming and rubbing thing just gave me the creeps.

41. Komihater says:

Anyone watching the Philly/Ott game? Ott is getting crushed by the ref’s out there. I actually kinda feell bad. 4 penalty’s in about 10 minutes, 2 of them awfull calls.

42. Bill J says:

Yeah, and btw – would not be signing here, he would be traded here with his existing contract.

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

43. punkster says:

And that last sentence may say it all ๐Ÿ˜‰

44. samTHEman says:

Hey guys i’m bored so let’s play Guess Who?

Umm……….i’m looking into my magic 8 ball…………..*humming and rubbing*…………..Ah! my sources are telling me that the Habs are going after Bieksa. Wait….I’ve said this 10 times before and not a darn thing happened. FML!

GUESS WHO???

Anticipation to your reply: You’re most probably right! (unless you are a complete idiot)

45. Bill J says:

Markov is no longer the team.

The D survived without Markov.

Now they can TRULY focus on THE issue, a TALENTED top6 that is in need of a change of scenery.

Then this team, will truly be a legitimate force in the East.

With or without Markov, that’s a fact.

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

46. light_n_tasty says:

*Especially; *grammar; *Nazis

47. Bill J says:

Same here – have him the I/O ESPN League…

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

48. 23 HABS 23 says:

Halak may have 3 shut outs to Price’s 2 … but Halak is also leading in being pulled from games this  season too!  I think Halak might be able to add another pull to his season stats if the pucks keep finding there way into the net!  That would be 2 pulls for this season!  YOUCH!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

49. andrewberkshire says:

He’s not helping them much either. Beaten 5 times (2 posts) on 12 shots is terrible. O’Byrne has an assist!

50. avatar_58 says:

No discussion really, unless Halak was supposed to come out and start swinging.

51. punkster says:

Oh-oh. 3-1 Avs.

Let the discussion begin.

52. avatar_58 says:

Oh my, Halak out to dry here. They aren’t helping him much

53. SmartDog says:

Hear! Hear!

———
    Spell check is for sissies.

54. Danno says:

You’re a good man Joeybarrie.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

55. avatar_58 says:

Obyrne VS Halak on TSN2

56. joeybarrie says:

I took him out of my starting lineup, BUT I DID NOT DROP HIM….. NOT UNTIL I KNOW FOR SURE.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

57. g says:

My yahoo fantasy hockey pool had over 2800 people dropping Markov today-sadly I did the same. Arg!!

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.โ€ Dryden

58. avatar_58 says:

Iginla isn’t Markov ๐Ÿ™

59. soperman says:

Why should you have to clarify?  Geez people, everyone is worried but really you have to read and assess what people are saying?  Some people are engaging in speculation without much to back it.  HIO has reported on the speculation of others, nothing else on the Markov situation.

60. geo_habsgo says:

Any other season I would say you guys are dreaming in technicolor but I think you guys are right. With his play in calgary as of late he might be available and he might enjoy a little change of scenery. There might be too much pressure on him here though I see that as a major deterrence for him to sign here.

61. adam76 says:

Imagine this team with Iginla – wow.

62. M.Neil says:

The guy in the brown suit behind her has hand in pocket in a very conspicuous manner.

63. Bill J says:

I agree – I personally am secretly dreaming that the Habs will take that saved Cap $$$ and spend it on a Top6 Forward…

IE a Iginla ๐Ÿ˜€

Price no longer has a Glove side issue.

64. geo_habsgo says:

In light of recent speculation it looks like Markov is headed toward ltir. We are in for a big cap boost with him out of the lineup but I am hoping that the management doesn’t panic and try to sign someone to fill the gap before we need to. Might send the wrong the message to the club that they can’t do anything without Markov. I say, in my very limited vision, to let the team go for a few games and see how we fare during that time.

65. Danno says:

For a good take on ER-DS and its medical experts, check out GG11’s blog.

Okay, I did. And La Belle Chantal can take my pulse any day ๐Ÿ˜‰

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

66. newbrunswick troy says:

Hey thanks for one of the answers anyway…..oh and more so thanks for having the the balls to try spelling a word like ” commentariat” !! especialy with all these  gramer nazzis out here!!!

67. punkster says:

========== Facts are for sissies.

68. M.Neil says:

I was just perusing the injury list of the all the teams and saw that Colorado has 9 injuries, Anahiem has 8, New Jersey has 9. I think we are fortunate to have unfortunately, one player out. Another thing I saw was 13 or 14 concussions, Colorado in the lead with 3, starting to sound like the NFL.

69. Danno says:

1 – Same knee

2 – I’ll leave that one to the capalogists among the commentariat.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

70. newbrunswick troy says:

Two questions….1- was it the same knee he blew out last year (cause i know first hand once a knee is shot,its screwed for ever!!!!????)

2-   how does his salarie effect the cap if he is done for long term???(months or year)

71. New says:

You are asking a great deal of your readers and more of those quick off the keyboard Mr Stubbs:-) Difficult position to be in. If you don’t report that RDS is blathering about doom and gloom one of the comments will mention it. When you do report that RDS is blathering doom and gloom an excited fanbase reports that “according to the Gazette’s HIO…”

Nothing to do with you guys. You do an excellent job, all of you do. The ones most likely to comment are those the most likely to be waiting anxiously. This time it is a knee. Last week it was two losses. Next week it will be Gomez parking too close to Lapierre’s ride.

72. SmartDog says:

So you’re saying Markov is out for the year?  Right??

———
    Spell check is for sissies.

73. habs365 says:

If this stuff is all true and that’s a big if….he should retire and when he can come back the Habs should hire him to work with the Defensemen….I think he would do a fine job….if he comes back to play maybe he should talk with Bobby Orr first….I think Bobby could give him some real good advice on knees.

The Rocket agrees.

74. WestHab says:

Tomorrow the Habs get back in action without Markov. It’s been done before. So he’s out for 3 to 8 or 12 months. It sucks for the Habs and us but alot more for Marki. I whish him the best.