On Markov speculation…

To clarify: the purpose of Habs Inside/Out is and always has been to report news, offer opinion and serve as a portal to Canadiens news and views that are produced in print, on TV and radio, and online.

When we report something as news, we state that. If we relay what others are reporting, be it news, opinion or speculation that has fans of the team engaged and talking, we link to the source.

We believe that our readers can draw the line between what we report as news and what we’re saying is being reported elsewhere.

• For a good take on ER-DS and its medical experts, check out GG11’s blog.

1. le_vrai_jacques says:

I just want this goalie thing to go away. (I shouldn’t have reacted to the dawg’s post, I’ll grant you that…). Lesson learned, and apologies for the ensuing posts (for mine, that is).

2. K-hab25 says:

In regulation, but he did give up 4 in the TB OT game.

3. Propwash says:

We send our garbage to the Leafs, not the other way around ;)

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

4. K-hab25 says:

It’s K-hab25 Le douche!! I’m sorry if me sticking up for Habs players, while haters like you were crapping on them, is single minded. Your hero is failing, while my Habs are better than ever, without the supposed saviour. I LAUGH OUT LOUD at the cry baby Halakites making excuses for a Blues player, while wallowing in sorrow over the success of a Habs player.

5. le_vrai_jacques says:

“You Halakians” is probaby rude also here, now. Anyways, apologies for the unintended rudeness. I’ll hide behind my obvious non-mastery of English on that one… As for payback, I suppose you will let hardcore “Halakians” (not me!) have theirs, if warranted…? (Sincerely hoping it will not come to that. Honest.)

6. Bill J says:

Wait – so it was OK when you Halakians reminded the rest of us all summer how Price was crap etc etc etc, that THAT was ok… But now that Halak is gone & is having failures & Price is stellar, it’s not OK for some members to give some payback ?

lol – BTW, ” Price mums” in English or in French is rude.  Nice way to start a post.

7. GrimJim says:

still season-ticket holders right now. Then it will go to group-pack holders then the public. Get this, Ken King said the Stampeders get 1000 tickets to distribute amongst their 25,000 season ticket holders. BTW, King also said that, because of how McMahon is laid out and how the rink will be built, the first 15 rows or so will be reduced visibility seating.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline-plan wrapped helically around an axis?

8. Everlasting1 says:

That’s gotten old. The same team fronted both goalies last year, and I’ve never claimed what you’re accusing me of.

9. andrewberkshire says:

These Halak diehards are ridiculously inconsistent!

10. le_vrai_jacques says:

Ah, Bill J, one of the Price mums. I don’t go out of my way cheering when a former mtl player has a bad game. waste of time. The dawg and other singleminded posters (like K-25Habs or something) annoy me. You’re not that bad… I’d like this goalie debate to go away. I’ve made my peace. But some Price fans still raise it for no good reason. Annoying. And, yes, it is a lot of energy with my so-so English.

11. showey47 says:

LMAO,well played.

12. samTHEman says:

Ofcourse. Lapierre is the gem of this franchise.

13. samTHEman says:

The magnitude of his injury is still unknown. He could be out for only a month if it is a tweak, just like he could be out 3-4 months. Lucky for us Markov is commited to his club and looks to find form rather fast.

The solution is to sign him short-term for a lesser amount of money. The Habs can argue that he’s injury-prone and get a discount. They don’t want to tie lots of money for many years on a player that will miss half the season.

A. he might never be the same player again

B. he might re-injure himself and miss x amount of games

I’m expecting we should hear more on his case wednesday morning. I don’t expect the club to release any information before tomorrow’s game, and rightfully so. These type of things tend to be a distraction in the locker room. That’s why the Canadiens are always dealing with matters secretively Imo, despite the fan and media involvement in this city. Props to them.

14. Psycho29 says:

I swear he’s just there to fill air time…Plus he probably pays the station to let him on the air…

:-)

15. light_n_tasty says:

I dunno, I don’t think that the 10-games we played without Markov this year is proof that we are fine without him, given our record without him over the last 2 seasons.

16. andrewberkshire says:

If you’re BEATEN through the 5-hole twice and it rings off the post both times, it’s ***ing beaten buddy. Watch the game before you try to talk crap.

17. andrewberkshire says:

NOW it’s a team sport, but I thought Halak was winning everything on his own?

18. deuce6 says:

Tomas Kaberle

19. showey47 says:

I’m just going by the prices they have posted on stubhub.

20. Bill J says:

Your kidding right ?

You mean to tell me if CGY insists on Lapierre if they are taking Gomez in return for Iginla, you would nix the deal ?

Surely you’re joking! right ? lol

21. andrewberkshire says:

And now a fight! I’m also very happy for O’Byrne. Hoping he keeps it up.

22. Matt_in_TO says:

I thought they hadn’t gone on say to the public yet, only season ticket holders.  I saw the seating chart and the most expensive seat is suppose to be $249 and it looks like most of the seats are going to fall in the price range.  I was planning on making the trip out there an catching both game in Alberta but not at those prices.

- In Price We Trust

23. Everlasting1 says:

Ringing shots off the posts isn’t beaten. The D is atrocious and can’t even clear the puck out of their own end. The second goal was a complete screen.

24. showey47 says:

I’m looking into it as a possibility. The tic’s i saw were priced between 400.00 and 11,000.00 bucks each.

25. gloveside says:

So…who is available via trade to run our PP?

26. showey47 says:

Also is a +3,leads both teams with 3 hits, 2 takeaways and leading his team in ice time. I’m happy things are going well for him.

27. Danno says:

And they (Richards) score a shortie. Then another by Richards a minute later. 5-1 Flyers.

Goodnight Irene.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

28. Bill J says:

If you such a fan of the team, why did you spend so much energy & time writing a post about the current Montreal Canadiens #1 Goaltender’s fan ?  And equally so much energy on a goaltender who no longer plays for this team.

The only “cheering” for the team in your post is the Statement:

“But I cheer for the team! (Price’s performance so far is helping, I’ll admit…).”

29. Everlasting1 says:

The Blues are without their two top forwards and 3 top d-men. It’s a team sport. Get a clue.

30. geo_habsgo says:

Take Lapierre out of any trade talk. He is our premiere frenchmen now no way is he going anywhere.

31. WestHab says:

Off topic and out of the West.

Have any Calgary Hab fans managed to obtain Heritage Clasic tix yet?

32. mbplekfan says:

If Markov is out for the year I think we have to make a play for Robyn Regehr.

We have Lapierre with a one year contract and a prospect in Weber that we could use to acquire Regehr. Calgary has cap issues and would probably like to move a player or two while picking up a player for later.

Ideally I’d like to swap 1st rounders too but Calgary probably isnt that stupid. If we threw in our 2nd rounder we might be able to swing that deal.

33. Danno says:

First Flyers penalty!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

34. showey47 says:

no kidding,the linesman runs a pick causing a turnover and then the ref calls a weak penalty against the sens defenceman who was caught due to the linesman’s pick.

35. le_vrai_jacques says:

I mean it. Let it go. Please. You’re as bad as SinglemindedDog with Gomez. You’re OBVIOUSLY a Price fan before a Canadiens fan. I was really pissed when they traded Jaro for peanuts. He’s proved last year and this that he’s worth so much more than what we got. But I cheer for the team! (Price’s performance so far is helping, I’ll admit…).

36. HabFab says:

I would have guessed when you did the asking his dog part!!

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Tony Marinaro latest yahoo to throw his hat into the ring of making predictions with no backing, says Markov’s ACL is torn again without any proof. He says things just to get attention these days I swear. Why does Team 990 have to give that hack so much air time?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

38. Bill J says:

I think history has proven, if both parties are interested in making the deal work.  It can happen.

Iginla is just a thought IMO, because he does need a change of scenery.

I think in MTL, right now, he could have tremendous success.. and He may consider staying on for cheap to close out his career, never know.

39. samTHEman says:

hey, it’s ek, where ridicule is encouraged!

40. Danno says:

Price is the only goalie in the league to allow no more than three goals for any game so far this season.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

41. Bill J says:

You’re just feeding my Iginla to MTL dream.

Damn You Ryder!

lol

42. geo_habsgo says:

So say that we do somehow manage to get our hands on Iginla. Who do we move and where does he fit into the lineup? I’ve been thinking about both those questions but am having trouble figuring it out.

We aren’t coming into the deal from a position of strength so Calgary’s GM has all the negotiating power. Could the price be too steep?

43. 23 HABS 23 says:

You are right … Halak is no longer with Montreal … however … it seems whenever Halak has a good game or gets a shut out … we have to listen to other HIO members post about how great he is and how we should have kept him instead of Price … kinda nice to see that Halak is human – and unproven since he has not ever played an entire season … we’ll see how he fairs this year.

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

44. Bill J says:

That was then, this is now.

Do you not agree ?

45. 23 HABS 23 says:

And Price has 2 more wins than Halak right now … sounds pretty good if you are a HABS fan … don’t you think?

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

46. avatar_58 says:

Hey I didn’t say I don’t want Iggy, I just wish we weren’t talking like Markov’s loss is leading to it.

47. light_n_tasty says:

Although, we did have a pretty terrible record without Markov last year, and probably would have missed the playoffs had he not returned…

Fan Summit Updates–Click To View Pictures Of The Summit

2010 Summit Is In The Books

49. le_vrai_jacques says:

Halak is no longer with the Canadiens. Time to move on. Let it go! ;0)

50. Magg says:

Poor guy, of all people to keep getting screwed over-all the talent in the world, hard worker, the quiet leader…this is only going to make his pending UFA situation that much tougher for the Habs to resolve. If we re-sign him long-term and his knees are too messed for him to ever return to form, we shoot ourselves in the foot with one of those big unmovable contracts. If Gauthier walks because hes scared to commit and he does come back to form, without any letdown, then Gauthier and the Habs look like the idiots and then all hell breaks loose. Not going to be easy…

51. Magg says:

52. NightRyder says:

O’Byrne plus-3 in the first period alone.

One assist and 7:46 of playing time.

Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing.

53. punkster says:

The whole humming and rubbing thing just gave me the creeps.

54. Komihater says:

Anyone watching the Philly/Ott game? Ott is getting crushed by the ref’s out there. I actually kinda feell bad. 4 penalty’s in about 10 minutes, 2 of them awfull calls.

55. Bill J says:

Yeah, and btw – would not be signing here, he would be traded here with his existing contract.

56. punkster says:

And that last sentence may say it all ;)

57. samTHEman says:

Hey guys i’m bored so let’s play Guess Who?

Umm……….i’m looking into my magic 8 ball…………..*humming and rubbing*…………..Ah! my sources are telling me that the Habs are going after Bieksa. Wait….I’ve said this 10 times before and not a darn thing happened. FML!

GUESS WHO???

Anticipation to your reply: You’re most probably right! (unless you are a complete idiot)

58. Bill J says:

Markov is no longer the team.

The D survived without Markov.

Now they can TRULY focus on THE issue, a TALENTED top6 that is in need of a change of scenery.

Then this team, will truly be a legitimate force in the East.

With or without Markov, that’s a fact.

59. light_n_tasty says:

*Especially; *grammar; *Nazis

60. Bill J says:

Same here – have him the I/O ESPN League…

61. 23 HABS 23 says:

Halak may have 3 shut outs to Price’s 2 … but Halak is also leading in being pulled from games this  season too!  I think Halak might be able to add another pull to his season stats if the pucks keep finding there way into the net!  That would be 2 pulls for this season!  YOUCH!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

62. andrewberkshire says:

He’s not helping them much either. Beaten 5 times (2 posts) on 12 shots is terrible. O’Byrne has an assist!

63. avatar_58 says:

No discussion really, unless Halak was supposed to come out and start swinging.

64. punkster says:

Oh-oh. 3-1 Avs.

Let the discussion begin.

65. avatar_58 says:

Oh my, Halak out to dry here. They aren’t helping him much

66. SmartDog says:

Hear! Hear!

———
    Spell check is for sissies.

67. Danno says:

You’re a good man Joeybarrie.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

68. avatar_58 says:

Obyrne VS Halak on TSN2

69. joeybarrie says:

I took him out of my starting lineup, BUT I DID NOT DROP HIM….. NOT UNTIL I KNOW FOR SURE.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

70. g says:

My yahoo fantasy hockey pool had over 2800 people dropping Markov today-sadly I did the same. Arg!!

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

71. avatar_58 says:

Iginla isn’t Markov :(

72. soperman says:

Why should you have to clarify?  Geez people, everyone is worried but really you have to read and assess what people are saying?  Some people are engaging in speculation without much to back it.  HIO has reported on the speculation of others, nothing else on the Markov situation.

73. geo_habsgo says:

Any other season I would say you guys are dreaming in technicolor but I think you guys are right. With his play in calgary as of late he might be available and he might enjoy a little change of scenery. There might be too much pressure on him here though I see that as a major deterrence for him to sign here.

74. light_n_tasty says:

Don’t forget about Auld!

75. TomNickle says:

If you’re inclined to agree that Andrei Markov has been mediocre or a liability to the Habs, Gomer has company.

76. TomNickle says:

Andrei Markov has been our most reliable defenseman both defensively and offensively since Chris Chelios.

Any assertion that he’s mediocre or a liability to the Habs is an uninformed opinion which can only be formed by a mind which has little to no hockey knowledge.

77. TomNickle says:

Because anybody with anything on the ball hockey wise disagrees with that take Adam.

78. adam76 says:

and thats the bottom line, cause TomNickle says so.

79. adam76 says:

He doesn’t get it.

80. Da Hema says:

I think you should write Markov has been our most complete defenceman since Eric Desjardins.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

81. Bill J says:

Tom I will not get into this debate with you, but seeing as my post seems to have flown over your head.  And you choose to defend your position that, more then solely myself have found a bit “off”.  Well my friend it is what it is.

Perhaps you should consider some people here are not necessarily as well versed in the written word, nor that they have as much knowledge as you.

But to say anyone has no knowledge because you disagree, is rude.  Just my opinion.

82. DearyLeary says:

Have we been watching the same games?  The last two games he was playing very well until the injury.  He was out of commission for eight months (? not sure just trying to remember), he’s not going to be at game speed immediately.  He was settling into a nice groove, and if you couldn’t tell the difference in the Canadiens’ play, then I’m not sure what to say.

83. twilighthours says:

I love this argument: this player isn’t very good, so let’s trade him for a top-6 forward.

If he’s not good, how in the heck are we going to get a top-6 forward for him?

Sheesh.

84. TomNickle says:

You sir, do not know your hockey.

85. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Don’t take Gomer seriously. He has to be be trying to get a rise out of people with this silliness. The guy’s joking.

86. WestHab says:

That’s my take. I’d never reply to that kind of thing.

87. observer says:

If the best prognsis is 3 or 4 months – he will not play again this season and will be untradeable to June 30 at which time he can go to any team who wants him. Time for Habs to move on – this is a good team bolster the weak areas by trade but that is an area where both Gainey and Gauthier get fleeced contantly. The bandaid watchwork of Bergeron types is not the way to go now. Habs have cap room to manoever includingt markov if he is put on injured list.

88. adam76 says:

Why – because YOU disagree with his take?

89. Bill J says:

Adam has a point Tom, why do people judge the poster, and not the post ?

IE: State your disagreement, but who are you to judge someone’s Hockey Knowledge by a few words on the internet ?

90. Bill J says:

Problem is, I believe the scenario you suggest is not as easy as you make it seem.

Too many other factors involved, and just like you’d like to be rid of Markov, other teams may not be willing to take the risk that you can dream up as a return for Markov now.

91. Bill says:

This is the most dismissive, condescending, trite, vapid, not to mention arrogant reply that can be made to a post. If I had a dime for every time some wannabe posts the old “you know NOTHING about hockey” retort, I could buy my own hockey team.

Full Breezer 4 Life

92. Everlasting1 says:

A timely opportunistic post.

93. Chuck says:

The Flyers have scored 44 goals in their last 10 games, going 9-0-1 in that span. Anybody worried?

Canadiens to push NHL for new ‘Markov Rule’

94. Everlasting1 says:

In case any missed it, here is  the hit. Clearly going for the head as Thornton elevated his shoulder. The suspension was 2 games.

95. Everlasting1 says:

They are on a tear. +25 in goal differential. It’ll be a big challenge tonight.

96. NoTinFoilCups says:

Eller can step in for Gomez (or Plekanec) if either goes down for any reason. It would be nice to see what he can do with decent wingers.

97. Rainrocket16 says:

Yeah it was a dirty cheap hit for sure…also, how about when Darche took one in the nose by the Canucks D the other night, I am still pissed about that one!!

98. Rainrocket16 says:

Let’s get Michael Vick for a replacement Dman! He does everything else tonight!..screw that, Lets get GSP to lace up the skates!!

99. observer says:

if im not mistaken rivet was traded for gorges AND a san jose draft pick?

100. MikeMcLaren says:

Correct.  And people were probably more excited about the #1 pick (that became Max Pacioretty) than they were about Gorges at the time, too.  The Habs did give San Jose their #5 pick (they selected Julian Demers) in that deal as well.

Far too early to tell if the trade was optimal – we’ll never know what other GMs would have offered Gauthier for Halak, but people ALSO forget just how weak the goalie market was in general.  That was one of the big stories this off-season, how the bottom just fell out of that market.  Witness Nabokov now playing in the KHL.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

101. sholi2000.com says:

In the hobby world I have a few 100 dollar bets on most wins this season.

I didn’t look at the goalies so much as the team in front of them.  The Blues are up and coming, but not the Montreal Canadiens.

Price all the way!!!

Looks as though I’ll be cashing on my TB bets as well.  No goaltending, No defense = no wins.

Knock on wood

They Call Me Shane

102. sholi2000.com says:

The Blues have a number of key injures right now.  Their offense is a bunch of third liners trying to play first.

They are so young it’s not even funny.  They have two players over 30 years of age.

Oshie, and Perron were on fire before their injuries. The Blues defense was clearing clearing everything in front of Jaro.  All Halak’s saves were coming from the outside (yes h e made a few key show stoppers) but now it seems everything is getting through.

Pretty soon Walsh will be tweeting that JD has weak defense in front of Halak :)

I watch as many games as I can, but I’m not a fan of the Blues.  I just like to be able to comment on Halak. It’s going to be a key trade for many years, or until Eller is a 50+ point player.

They Call Me Shane

103. wild flower says:

How did the Habs miss O’byrne’s obvious similiarities to the Big Bird. He’s starting to put up points.

6 foot five 234 pounds and can skate – not feeling very good about the trade.

104. Mike D says:

In regards to all the posts that talk about us getting Brian Campbell, it ain’t gonna happen.  I wouldn’t want him anyway personally.  Him and his 7.14mil cap hit are signed until the end of the 2016 season and he’s also prone to injuries.

In the next few years we’re gonna need to re-sign P.K., Gorges, Eller, and Price, (and hopefully Markov – God I hope he’s not hurt too badly).  We’ll also need to sign replacements for Hammer and Spatch, and possibly Gill (I’m still hoping we re-sign him short term).  Plus the team will need to figure out what they’re gonna do with AK46, Poolio, Lappy, and Halpy.

- Honestly yours

105. sholi2000.com says:

Oh easy now, he’s on pace for 8 points this season. :)

They Call Me Shane

106. Mike D says:

Since I can’t read french, what does the article say?  Is it speculating or have we actually signed him?…Or are we “just in talks”?

- Honestly yours

107. nightmare_49 says:

MD – Speculation …..  If your a Hab fan you have to learn to use Google translate …..  Right click , then All Accelerators , click Google translate ( the translation is rough but you get the drift).

108. Danno says:

That tells me they are due for a loss, especially on a 2nd of a back-to-back.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

109. Nina76 says:

That is tipacal of Avery He is not a first time offender he must be a 5th time offender…………but as I have said many times here that it depends on who you are……………he is a smart ass …………like some of the players on the philly game to-nite sore losers but HEY….they can hit to the head NO PENALTY!!!!!!!! maybe a suspension????????if Colin Campbell bothers to look at it……………….OH IT WAS NOT HIS SON. We could be lucky

110. ooder says:

did u guys see the goals that were score don Brodeur.. yeesh

things are not good in NJ

——————

88 is the new 23

111. Mr.Hazard says:

I agree with you Dave. You guys are very professional about it.

Monday Night Football is a slaughter! Whats going on here, still fretting over Markov. You should not, we have depth in the organisation now, and we are playing for each other. We are going to be alright.

113. SmartDog says:

The team will be fine without Markov if the PP doesn’t fizzle.  Can’t wait to see them against the Flyers.

———

‘The purpose of Habs Inside/Out is to teach people how to spell “traditional”.’

And Bonne! goes the dynamite!

114. samTHEman says:

Always positive Ian. I like that about you. Hopefully he won’t be out too long but if he is, we’ll have to deal with it.

115. TomNickle says:

Depth on defense is a slight concern Ian.  I would have no worries if we lost any forward not named Plekanec right now, but Markov hurts, it always does.

Powerplay will very likely go right back down the toilet along with our goals against considering the additional minutes that Jaro Spacek and Roman Hamrlik will be given.

116. WestHab says:

My Kid tells me of a Brian Campbell to Montreal rumor….anyone?

117. TomNickle says:

I wouldn’t wager anything on the Habs gobbling up that contract considering Price and Subban will need contract extensions in the summer of 2012.

So did you sniff anything on the Regehr rumor, Ron?

119. habs001 says:

we dont have d that can help the offense out except pk…watching the flyers d they have 3-4 d who can attack and get back to defend…spacek,gill,gorges,hammer,picard are not good enough skaters and dont have the speed to do this regularly as they would get caught many times…without the d help many of our non gifted scorers have allmost no chance to score…with markov in the line up it elevates the offensive abilities of many of our forwards…after pk if we use our d on the points they have very limited abilities to generate any pp scoring…weber is the only guy we have who has shown offensive abilities but he looks physically over matched in his zone even in the ahl…

120. joeybarrie says:

NOT POSSIBLE… 7.14 million cap hit.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

121. Kooch7800 says:

Watching the Avs vs st louis game.  Halak is getting light up. D’agastini has looked good. He already has 6 goals this season.  O’Byrne is getting around 24 minutes a game since being traded.

Fun game to watch as both teams are young and fast

I sure did not want to lose Markov, but no sense in worrying about it now. Great chance for Picard to show if he step up.

And besides, we are playing like a team again. Everyone has bought in to the program, and all 5 guys on the ice play defence first. Hard to beat team play.

123. showey47 says:

I have no clue how the habs could take on that contract.

124. WestHab says:

It’s actually very old according to the flames fan in the house. Way before Markov’s injury and it was only Eklund. So the same point of origin so not much smoke there.

are you up to a meet of hioers around or on the Heritage Classic?

125. PrimeTime says:

Geez….not a good day for the Halakians. The “BEST GOALIE IN THE WORLD” isn’t even the best Slovakian tonite.

We have tremendous team speed. If we use it properly, the opposition’s tongue,s will be hanging out by the third.

Keep it close for two periods, and then turn on the jets, leaving them in our dust.

127. avatar_58 says:

WTF I turn to watch Dexter and there’s 3 more goals? Jaro…

128. WestHab says:

only if Gomer was going the other way…..right no clue.

That would be awesome. I don’t have tickets yet (nobody does as far as I know) but it would be great to meet yes. Last year watching game 7 against Wash with Rob and Kempie was a blast.

130. avatar_58 says:

What a pansy Avery is. Unbelievable. He is NOT a man.

We won’t be going outside the organisation for bodies, we have lots within. All this nonsense is such a waist of time. We have lots of team players right now anyway.

killing me in the pool. Trade Halak!!!!

133. j2w4habs25 says:

Where did he get this source from? I would like to know. Cause we could use him.

I doubt Campbell would leave Buffalo though.

Good night, sac time!

135. WestHab says:

Great, dasbooth, thomas and dre1744 all have expressed interest. I know there are a lot of us out here. So spread the word when you get a chance and maybe we can get organized. I know you are well read.

136. avatar_58 says:

Yeah well not to take sides but Halak IS the best Solvakian. One bad game doesn’t take that way from him

Fan Summit Updates–Click To View Pictures Of The Summit

2010 Summit Is In The Books

138. mbplekfan says:

Weber is a catastrophe in his own end and 5 on 5. He is no option.

Carle was waived by the team and faces re-entry waivers. If no-one else wants him why would we?

Alex Henry is a career minor leaguer.

Nash is an AHL rookie, not possibly ready for the big show yet.

Who else will provide depth on defence now that OB is gone?

139. avatar_58 says:

Smid challenges him to a fight, Avery looks around for a ref or anyone else….waits till Smid has given up and then pops him, twice in the head. Smid now has a concussion and Avery gets off scott free (which, technically, I agree with given there’s no suspension rule for fights regardless of “honour”)

What a p*ssy. You want to fight? Fight. Don’t say no then turn around and cheap shot a guy.

All I saw was the sucker punch Timo, but there was a lot more that I missed, including a team brawl.

141. showey47 says:

campbell left buffalo years ago,lol.

Khe… my latest readings include Mommy Calls Me Monkeypants, Hippos Go Berserk and One Fish Two Fish…

I hope Stormy shows up looking like his avatar :)

143. K-hab25 says:

Umm, he plays for the Hawks bro.

144. observer says:

good story on tsn about campbell emails regarding official walkom. give me a break! thyis is the same management of t6he nhl under bettman who gave andy van hellemond a well known gambler thruout northeastern usa and toronto racetracks – made made him head of refs association. which he was until some claimed he was trying to extort money out of them in return for him giving them more games to work. whatta joke this bettman team is.

Good night Sam!

146. JIMVINNY says:

What is up with Jaro?  Not a good couple of games for him.

147. JIMVINNY says:

Not tonight, he isn’t.  Budaj was the other goalie in that game.  Isn’t he slovakian too?

But if Markov gone for a year it’s off the books, no? Plus OBs almost a mil, plus we have about a mil in a cap space… Should be able to take on Campbell’s contract then. Although I am not sure I’d want Campbell. Did he ever play more than half a season?

149. Say Ash says:

Spacek’s been playing fine.

150. showey47 says:

Hawks have to re-up seabrook,brouwer,stalberg and skille next summer(they also have no goalies signed).They won’t take an extended large salary in return. If there was any truth to this rumour. If would have to start with hamrlik going the other way just for the sake of this years cap. We all know the gomez contract sucks.But if you trade him for a dman, who plays the other center in the top 6? Keeping in mind gomez plays 20 plus minutes a night.

151. heavyd75 says:

I am not worried whatsoever about this Markov injury, personally I found the Canadiens were picking up their game right before markov came back, with him in the lineup we are 3-3-1… without 7-2-0. I am happy picard is able to play again. Tomorrow we need to capitalize on the fact that the flyers played tonight! I am feeling a big win by the habitants tomorrow! I will always believe in the habs. One great player I’d love to see come our way would be ed jovanovski, too bad his cap hit would be monstrous!

—————————————————————————-

Blind Faith

152. j2w4habs25 says:

LOL thats right. I totally forgot about that – Here I was thinking he was playing for the poor Sabres but thanks for reminding me he plays for the Hawks.

Do you think this is possible for him to leave the Hawks for the Habs. I have this gut feeling that the Habs will make it far this year in ths standings and in the playoffs. We could use Campbell or Satan.

153. JIMVINNY says:

My apologies.  I should have specified the one that plays for St. Louis.

154. Xtrahabsfan says:

Dime Time ,your about as bright as dead China battery in a vibrator at the mustang ranch….The day he was traded was a bad day and tomorrow might be another one ? Who knows …certainly not you!

155. JIMVINNY says:

Actually, we were 7-2-1 without, and are 4-3-0 with him.

156. thebigguy says:

If this wasn’t Avery, no one even talks about it.

From what I could tell, they both threw their gloves at about the same time and Avery just knocked him on his ass. This wasn’t a sucker punch, it wasn’t a blindside hit. It sounds like Smid’s making excuses because he got his ass  kicked.

Moreover, this idea that being a man is somehow related to fighting is just dumb. Real men don’t fight.

157. JIMVINNY says:

You’ve got one more win by Price before you leave.  You should use your limited time more wisely.

158. 23 HABS 23 says:

The last 3 games he started were not that good really.  8-1 loss (allowed 4 goals on 15 shots – Pulled from game SV% 0.733), 3-2 OT loss (SV% .923), and tonight’s flub 6-3 loss (SV% 0.739) … fora whopping SV%.798 over the last 3 games started and allowing 12 goals.  Quite impressive … we definitely should have traded Price … NOT!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

159. 23 HABS 23 says:

I knew exactly who you were talking about!  LOL!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

160. avatar_58 says:

Are you kidding me? If he Avery had any balls he’d have fought when he asked. Instead he kept looking over his shoulder for a ref. When no one was looking, Smid included, he lept at him.

He is a coward. It’s one thing to decline a fight, it’s another to pretend you declined it to gain an advantage.

161. Say Ash says:

Me, too. Wrong site, pal.

162. thebigguy says:

Watch their hands, it’s pretty obvious Smid was more ready than he’s claiming.

163. avatar_58 says:

As I said, one game. One slovakian led his team to the conference finals, the other wasn’t even playing when they were booted out.

Spach needs to work on his glove side. Not quick enough.

165. Say Ash says:

Yeah, but the teams we beat with him are markedly better, and the PP was vastly improved.

166. JIMVINNY says:

But if you read the post you quoted, he said “tonite”.  Didn’t say anything about “ever”.

167. CBrady12 says:

Lol obviously you’ve never played the game…go to bed

168. thebigguy says:

Sure.

Now, did Avery get the jump on him, kinda. Like I said, Smid saw the punch happening, was in the process of swinging at Avery. This is hardly the high crime people are trying to hang Avery for.

If this had been Lapierre rather than Avery, I doubt you’d be as up in arms.

169. Rob says:

Not to jump in on your conversation, but yeah, another HIO get together would be great.  i’m gonna be going to the Heritage Classic one way or the other, so meeting aroung that time woudl be great, but why limit ourselves.  anytime we want to do a saturday night get together to watch a game and have a few drinks, i’m down.  Just let me know!

The Montreal Canadiens: sporting the best AND worst fans since 1909!

170. bwoar says:

Nine hippos come to work. ALL THE HIPPOS GO BERSERK!!

171. Chuck says:

Everyone goes through rough patches. I think that Jaro will be fine.

Canadiens to push NHL for new ‘Markov Rule’

172. nick says:

I saw that rumour on Eklunds site earlier. The only problem with that is his 7,142,875 / year salary. Habs don’t have the space unless Markov goes IR and they move 4-5 million.

173. Mikey_39 says:

I got so angry when I saw that.  It was disgusting.  I would love for someone to take his stick and crack him across the face with it.  I can’t think of any player more deserving.  He needs to be punished and the league doesn’t seem like they’ll do anything about him.  The shit he gets away with is insane.

174. NightRyder says:

Michael Vick is having quite a game.

175. Mikey_39 says:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? Watch the video, it’s clearly a sucker punch.  Avery is pathetic

176. Seps says:

It’s because he gets tired.  He’s great when he’s all rested up but when he’s counted on and playing alot his play drops.  Look at last years olympics, he carried Slovakia until either the quarters or the semis where he was absolutely mediocre and they lost.  Same as last years playoffs and the same thing is happening again.  You can’t see it when he’s playing with Price because they both played so he was rested.

Whats interesting though is he started to play bad after Carey’s second shutout.  Don’t know whether he has been paying attention to the Habs and after Carey’s second shutout he realized we were over him (well, most of us) and I wonder whether that had a factor on his recent play…   Definately something to think about.

Hockey is what’s called a team game.

177. Chuck says:

Unfortunately, I doubt that he would keep his word.

Canadiens to push NHL for new ‘Markov Rule’

178. Seps says:

Lol, that he is.

Hockey is what’s called a team game.

179. NightRyder says:

The season is a grind. Another reason to keep a bigger, stronger goalie.

You get dinged up,  you lose your technique and a little quickness, you’re not covering quite as much of the net, you’ll have some bad patches.

I think Halak will be OK though.

180. Chuck says:

I think that you’re reading too much into it with your second paragraph.  :)

Canadiens to push NHL for new ‘Markov Rule’

181. j2w4habs25 says:

With Andrei Markov out for possibly the rest of the season what do HIO members think Habs GM Pierre Gauthier should do to hold the pieces together. Yes our team was doing okay without him and was still okay with him. With the call up of Picard do you personally think he can handle the position just yet? Does this mean Pierre has to go out to the market and look for another Dman? With rumors already flying around who do you think we might have to go for, for the right deal. Do we even have to go out and look into the market and see who is available?

Hearing names like Satan – Bieska – Cambell. Is it possible for us to get them??

I think Pierre will go out and look for another Dman – Picard is still young and still has to develop in the minors.

182. NightRyder says:

I cannot believe the Redskins just gave McNabb $40M guaranteed.

Makes Gomez look like a bargain-basement steal.

183. RJB says:

Thats Dan Snyder for you. The guy is the Charles Wang of the NFL

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

184. heavyd75 says:

That’s true, but the thing is we can win as a team, even Subban said it on an interview on TSN earlier today. The habs believe in themselves. they believe they can win and thats the most important aspect.

tomorrows picks for mise o jeu

Nashville, Montreal, Anaheim whats your opinions

—————————————————————————-

Blind Faith

185. heavyd75 says:

I heard one rumour we were looking into jovanovski but the phoenix gm doesnt want too sell him unless its at a higher price.

—————————————————————————-

Blind Faith

186. Say Ash says:

Fully agree, and I’d rather let the defensive core sort things out and spend the extra dough on a forward.

187. j2w4habs25 says:

I was thinking why not Sheldon Souray.

188. heavyd75 says:

Satan would be a nice addition… guerin would be nice but we’d feel his age in the playoffs

—————————————————————————-

Blind Faith

189. Seps says:

Maybe, but maybe not ;)

Hockey is what’s called a team game.

190. heavyd75 says:

he’s actually one of the most injury prone defensemen, and he’s injured right now. he’s more of a liability than anything else. We need an offensive dman who can cover himself in the defenisve end as well

—————————————————————————-

Blind Faith

191. Malreg says:

Wow, Marty Brodeur with another brutal game.

192. Seps says:

And he’s 34 years old!  It’s insane, unless McNabb turns out to be another Brett Farve and plays forever I don’t see this deal making anysense, then again I don’t analyze football.

Hockey is what’s called a team game.

193. observer says:

its time to move on. even if he comes back in 4 or 5 months if he even wants to if he could, markov is a free agent in july. and just how much is a player worth with the wear and tear his legs took the last 2 years? habs have some space, trade for a quality defecemen. you are talking minor leaguers bergeron, picard – forget about that. spend the money and move on. next july 1 then you think about markov again.

194. observer says:

nfl has become the arena football league 87 points scored tonight.

195. observer says:

thats nfl- tirico said only $10 million of it is guaranteed.

196. observer says:

that team might need to dispose of salary.

197. observer says:

well if gauthier is a real gm hed make it happen. that team probably needs to dispose of salary. gauthier just has to make room here. if he was a competant gm which i really doubt. a sam pollock would have found a way if he were here right now.

198. habsforthecup says:

As per Bob McKenzie’s Twitter -http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

No one will know exact prognosis on Andrei Markov’s knee injury until he sees Dr. Tony Miniaci of Cleveland Clinic, probably on Wed or Thur.

- A

199. MikeMcLaren says:

What a difference a week or two makes, huh?  From Boone’s ABL after the Summit Game (3-2 loss to Ottawa).

“I learned, at Hurley’s, that the CJAD play-by-play man has a bet going with Patrick V. Hickey on which goaltender, Price or Jaro Halak, will have more wins, a better GAA and a higher save percentage this season.”

Although Hickey had a healthy lead last week with his Jaro pick, Moffat’s pulling ahead now:

Wins:
    Carey Price 10
    Jaroslav Halak 8

Save Percentage:
    Carey Price .923
    Jaroslav Halak .918

Goals Against Average:
    Jaroslav Halak 2.12
    Carey Price 2.18

One thing is clear:  If each goalie is at the top of his game, both Carey Price and Jaroslav Halak are fantastic goaltenders.

It’s funny how, as Price shows that he can indeed rise to the challenge of being the number one keeper (double meaning intended) the narrative begins to change though isn’t it?

Now people are off the “Carey Price sucks” train if they were on it and ready to lambast Gauthier for not getting enough for Halak.

Here’s the thing folks – it’s too early to tell.  At the time of the trade, Craig Rivet was a better asset than Josh Gorges.  Who would you rather have today?  When you trade for prospects, it will take years to see what came of them.

I wonder if Hickey’s check from the City of Philadelphia is in play here? ;)

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

200. MikeMcLaren says:

He only let in half as many as Jaro… just sayin’ ;)

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

201. MikeMcLaren says:

You are 100% correct.  It’s telling that his own teammate called it a sucker punch and it shows that his own teammates don’t like the guy (much like a lot of the Pens can’t stand Matt Cooke), but you’re right.  They both dropped their gloves at the same time.  NOT a sucker punch by definition.

Wanna see a sucker punch?  Check this out:

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

202. j2w4habs25 says:

great post.

I had always believed in Carey. I never wanted him to be traded – I am a true supporter of him.

CAREY CAREY CAREY!

203. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve decided to submit a formal proposal/petition to NHL Ommissioner Gary Buttman to suspend a player for illegally hitting another player with intent to injure, to serve as much time as said injured player takes to recover from it. Joe ‘Blo’ Thornton’s hit on David Perron a while back is a prime example. Any in favor? :-)

204. Richrebellion says:

Ya things are really changing, everyone knows Halak can get hot and play amazing for a stretch but now is his real test. He hasn’t won in his past 3 starts and has let in a total of 12 goals in those games. I’ve always been a Price fan and this is sweet right now, its still early but Carey Price is looking like the better starting goalie so far. As for the trade, I agree completely we wont be able to judge until a couple years down the road. But as the Halak trade allowed us to keep Price and Pleks for me its already a winning trade, if Eller becomes a solid NHL player thats just the cherry on top.

205. g says:

The message is the medium

long live HIO!!

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

206. Da Hema says:

You must be a smarmy 18 year-old who thinks people should pursue their careers without pay, and that servers and other infrastructure to host sites falls like manna from heaven. Grow up.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

207. Rush says:

Hey Adam, it’s Vanna on Line 1…

:- )

208. Rush says:

Wow, for someone who ascribes an apparently negative motive to the site – and who then seeks to impugn the co-authors, one would think that you would have more “worthy” sites at which to roost.

Sadly, for us, that would not appear to be the case…

Long live Boone, Stubbs, Hickey, Mio, et al…

209. adam76 says:

Christ you are slow.  Did you read my original post?  I defended boone.

210. light_n_tasty says:

Just a legitimate, honest-to-god question for you Mr. Boone.

What’s with all the sensitivity of you pros recently?  At the end of our season last year, you banned Timo just for kicks.  I remember you removed one of Smart Dog’s posts earlier this year for a perceived slight at the media (I think the word he used was “punks”).  You guys got all huffity when people criticized the media for saying that Pat Burns was dead, when he wasn’t.  Stu Hackel was sent home crying a couple of weeks ago when someone noted that he used the wrong “it’s” or “its”, I can’t remember now.  And now you (of all people) are jumpin’ on a poster’s spelling?

What gives, man?  What gives?

As for definition of sensationalism, Wikipedia, the unquestioned authority on all things internet related, defines it as  “a manner of over-hyping events, being deliberately controversial, loud, self centred or acting to obtain attention”

Is speculating that a knee injury takes a player out for the season, “over-hyping” the event of his injury?  Is comparing the opposition to Nazis being deliberately controversial?  Are the constant references to Halak deliberately aimed at obtaining attention in the form of a flurry of posts on a blog?  Is the monthly posts bragging about an increase in HIO hits being self centred?

211. Psycho29 says:

Beauty!!!  ZING!

212. Propwash says:

Zing!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

213. ShangaDoo says:

Buurrrnnn!

214. Keith says:

Really good burn Mr. Boone lol!

215. Mattyleg says:

Yess! Your grate!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

216. Rush says:

In the words of the immortal Danny Gallivan, your wit, Mr. Boone, like your mind, is “rapier-like”.

And then, there are those haters who, among other things, need to get Hooked on Phonics…

Either that, or they need to buy a vowel…

217. SmartDog says:

While you’re at it could you teach people how and when to use apostrophes?  (Or in HIO-land, apostrophe’s?)

———
    Spell check is for sissies.

218. SmartDog says:

Boone goes the dynamite!

(I know I just posted here, but couldn’t resist!)

———
    Spell check is for sissies.

219. newbrunswick troy says:

hope you never took the time over the last couple of years to spell check my posts!!!!

I thought he spelled it all correctly!!!ha ha

220. Da Hema says:

That’s a veteran’s backhand volley at work!

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

221. adam76 says:

Really – you want to to toss out spelling smack – after the amount of spelling errors posted on this site by “seasoned” and paid  journalists?  That’s rich.

222. Flabadagub says:

Maybe he’s being sarcastic.

223. CharlieHodgeFan says:

It’s fun to speculate and that’s what forums are for, but I suggest the Habs will do nothing. If needs be, they’ll call up a minor leaguer.

I hold to this even if they are steamrolled by the Flyers tonight (I don’t think they will be). If they lose tonight, most everyone here will forget the three straight wins and the positives of Vancouver and Boston. Let’s just wait and see what the injury is. Don’t forget that in the original scenario, we wouldn’t have seen Markov yet, and the D we have now is what was planned until his return. He’s a hardworking, tough player who pushed it and came back early, with unfortunate consequences.

He can’t be replaced and the team will have to adjust its style, but that’s what coaches and depth are for. And now, the depth gets tested – number seven will fill in for number one. I like the look of Picard. He’s no Markov, but no one can be.

224. gauver says:

WhaaaaT!?  That’s NUTS!

225. NightRyder says:

I feel for veteran news guys like Stubbs and Co.

Jumping to conclusions is how the 24/7 news cycle works now. Panic and wild speculation have replaced fact-checking and dinosaur-like journalistic principles.

Being first is more important than being right.

NOTE: A reliable source (my left nut) tells me Markov’s MRI showed a complete tear of the ACL and he’s done for the season.

NOTE2: A second reliable source (my right nut) indicates that the Canadiens have agreed to send Max Pacioretty, Jared Tinordi and a first-round pick in the 2011 draft to Nashville for Shea Weber.

And the beat goes on…

What does your middle nut tell ya?

227. Bill J says:

Am I the only one disturbed by the fact your nuts are telling you things about the Habs ?

Furthermore, I wonder if this is how Eklund comes up with his “insider” information that is so valued by all … lol

Just thought your post was funny Ryder – no offence intended ;)

228. Everlasting1 says:

Crombeen just pounded the heck out of O’Byrne lol

229. andrewberkshire says:

He landed maybe 2 punches, hardly a pounding.

230. NightRyder says:

So we’re halfway through a game, O’Byrne has played 12 1/2 minutes, is a plus-3, has five hits, two takeaways, a blocked shot, no giveaways, an assist, a shot on goal and he takes on the other team’s tough guy – and you’re laughing?

Moron.

231. deuce6 says:

BJ Crombeen is a tough character..Hats off to OB for even chucking ‘em with him..

232. deuce6 says:

Happy for the kid..He deserved to have success..He was a project when we drafted and it’s a great story for him to even make an NHL roster..Too bad he was never going to get that shot here in MTL..

233. andrewberkshire says:

Agreed 100%, Ryan’s having a great game.

234. Everlasting1 says:

Did I comment on his play? Way to fly off the handle with your ASSumptions.

235. andrewberkshire says:

Hilarious to see a conspiracy theorist criticising other people’s assumptions LOL.

236. NightRyder says:

OB for Markov! ;)

237. NightRyder says:

I don’t assume.

You’re a moron.

238. Everlasting1 says:

For stating O’Byrne got pounded? lol Suck it up.

239. Everlasting1 says:

You and Tom are of the same cloth. You wouldn’t want to know what I do with that cloth.

240. TomNickle says:

Rough night for Jaro huh.

241. K-hab25 says:

Wiping your tears for Jaro away with it I ASSume.i

242. andrewberkshire says:

Wow Halak, way to torpedo my hockey pool this week….

243. GrimJim says:

moi aussi

244. aemarchand11 says:

Me too, but I had Thomas starting tonight too.

2010-2011

245. punkster says:

Poor Jaro. Tough to see after such a good start to the season.

246. andrewberkshire says:

Inevitable rough patch, he’ll bounce back.

247. samTHEman says:

5 goals scored on Halak with 3 minutes left in the 2nd. Still a whole period left. I knew Gauthier did the right thing in keeping Price. I’m going to give myself a tap on the back. Halak blows.

248. kevin m says:

John Michael Liles really looks like a blue chipper

249. SeriousFan09 says:

Liles is 29, more like a late-bloomer.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

250. Everlasting1 says:

That 4th goal was slapped in with a glove. Bs call.

251. CBrady12 says:

Lol…apologist

252. Bob Barker says:

what about the 5th and 6th?

253. Psycho29 says:

It’s turning into another Shalaking!

254. Komihater says:

Sean effing Avery, yet another classless cowardly act. Shocking…..would he be playing in the NHL if NY didnt sign him, i don’t think any other clubs would take a chance on him.  What a little b.tch.

255. Psycho29 says:

I wonder how long Avery would have lasted playing against the Flyers of the mid-70’s of the Bruins of the late 60’s????

256. kevin m says:

Just meant he can really play. I know he’s not a rookie or a prospect but thanks for the heads-up anyway

257. joeybarrie says:

YEAH and HALAK can’t stop him…….. KILLING MY FANTASY TEAM…. The guy im playing against has Liles… I figured for sure playing against Halak I would escape some damage tonight. Instead he get the guy 8 points. SO FAR…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

258. joeybarrie says:

Actually he isn’t a late bloomer either…… He was on the NHL all rookie team, and he averages 40 points a year.  He got injured last season, and not really known in the east.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

259. samTHEman says:

If anything were to happen to one of our defencemen now, God forbid, we would be short a D. If they choose to call up from Hamilton, which I would advise instead of signing MAB or whoever, would it be Weber or Carle? Well, here’s what I found.

In 14 games, Weber  8G 4A 12 points but -4 with that many points??!?! He’s been on the ice for a minimum of 12 goals for (i say minimum because he could be on the ice for a goal and not record a point). That being taken into consideration, if he’s -4 than he’s been on the ice for a minimum of 16 goals against. Hamilton’s GA is 40. That’s almost 50%….crazy. Am i miscalculating something? Gotta give credit where credit is due though. 8 goals in 14 gp for a defencemen is epic. A shout-out to him for accomplishing that. If only he were like the other Weber in his own end. We can all dream that.

Carle has 4G 1A and leading all defencemen on the team with a solid +6, highest among the whole team behind Desharnais.

Now, hear me out…..If you’re going to call up a defencemen from the farm, you better hope his confidence is relatively high. That being said, despite his -4, Weber has 8 goals which would probably have him pretty happy and confident right now. But when a defencemen is called up, his primary focus is NOT MAKING MISTAKES and being responsible defensively in own end. If he’s not noticed, it’s probably a good thing.

So I think Carle would be a wiser call up than Weber but that’s just my opinion. Carle’s got a good slap too. It’s too bad this guy had to deal with injuries especially during camp or he might already have a regular spot on our roster. 6’0″ 203lbs Right handed….wouldn’t hurt us. He keeps his game simple.

260. gK_HabsFan says:

How about Brandon Nash?

6’3, 213 lbs.  He has 7 points and is a +4 in 13 games!

-GK-

261. showey47 says:

I think carle can be claimed on re-entry waivers and a team looking for a 7th dman or are hurting on defence may take a chance on him.

262. Norm0770 says:

Goals on the PP don’t count for +/-, and most of Weber’s point come on the PP.  So while not good his +/- isn’t as bad as you think.

263. SmartDog says:

Intersting Bulldog stat (not about the D but…)  Palushaj, with 5 fewer games than MaxPac has only 1 fewer points and is up +7 on him. I like MaxPac but wonder if Palushaj is more ready.  Though probably White is in front of both those guys with the camp he had.

———

‘The purpose of Habs Inside/Out is to teach people how to spell “traditional”.’
    And Bonne! goes the dynamite!

264. samTHEman says:

Yeah i don’t know anything about him. Good stats. Where did we get him from and what type of player is he?

265. coachdoug says:

I have a friend, who knows a guy, who is the cousin of a guy, who is part of the Habs “organization” who said Markov was really abducted by aliens and will miss the next millenium…:-P

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

266. Say Ash says:

You’re too funny, Boone.

267. byrneoNL says:

*double post oops

268. byrneoNL says:

Thanks Stubbs. People would be complaining if HIO did NOT update during all this speculation. I’ve been refreshing all day at work =p I think it’s a safe bet to say Markov is gone for the regular season, but if Jesus loves us we could see him in the playoffs. But no one should bet their farm on it, or anything.

If you’re like me, and you took him in a hockey pool, you’re probably best off dropping him =( But most importantly, GET WELL SOON MARKOV!  Hopefully Marky sticks around the team and helps with PK’s development.

269. darcy1 says:

safe bets aren’t always the ones that come through. hopefully he’s back soon (February would be ok – give him time to be in game shape come playoff time) – if he’s out any longer than that, I hope jesus is habs fan & he does make it back to play in the playoffs… imagine if we can get someone like McCabe/Jovanovski & markov ? :)

(because there’s no cap in the playoffs)

270. NightRyder says:

Translation: you’re all morons who can’t figure this out for yourselves, so we’ll spell it out for you.

Fan Summit Updates–Click To View Pictures Of The Summit

2010 Summit Is In The Books

Put your pictures up on the Summit page Folks!

272. SmartDog says:

Good point.  He leads the team in goals with 8.  Surely those are mostly PP goals.

———

‘The purpose of Habs Inside/Out is to teach people how to spell “traditional”.’
    And Bonne! goes the dynamite!

273. samTHEman says:

ah thanks for clearing that out.

… and the thing that compelled you to say this, Dave Stubbs, was?

275. psyko514 says:

I suspect it was all the people hating on the previous post.

276. NightRyder says:

It’s actually my third nipple, which indicates that Perry Pearn will soon be replaced by Patrick Roy ever second Wednesday during December.

277. adam76 says:

The purpose of Habs inside / out is to make $$$, in an attempt to offset the crash of the triditional newspaper industry.

No worries if you have to go a little to the “speculation” side – we understand.  I would rather have a sensationalist Habs inside/out to none at all.

278. Mike Boone says:

Wrong. The purpose of Habs Inside/Out is to teach people how to spell “traditional”. Once we get that down, we can work on  definitions of sensationalism.

279. Keith says:

I’d rather hear the truth, or a reasonable facsmile.

280. Chuck says:

Regardless of how many games Markov could miss, the solution isn’t to find a replacement for him, since their obviously isn’t one. Therefore, very other team should have to sit out their best defensman until Markov returns.

Canadiens to push NHL for new ‘Markov Rule’

281. CharlieHodgeFan says:

My cousin’s friend slept with a guy from Little Burgundy who knows a doctor who goes to a lot of games with a dude that used to dress hot dogs at the old Forum and he knows a ghost who was talking to another very dead but in the know doctor who says that Markov probably has ligaments in his knee. Apparently, they hurt. More will be known when the swelling goes down and the doctors can evaluate it. This much we do know – Andrei Markov will not play centre-field on the astroturf at the Big Owe this season.

282. db says:

Hah I had totally forgotten about Eklund til this post..