O’Byrne in, Spacek a game-time decision

Ryan O’Byrne will play his first game of the 2010 NHL playoffs on Wednesday night, while defenceman Jaroslav Spacek is a game-time decision after missing morning skate.

Mathieu Darche will be a healthy scratch, and Scott Gomez also missed the morning skate.

Carey Price has been confirmed as the starting goaltender for Game 4.

AUDIO: Ryan O’Byrne | Jacques Martin

1. SLONCOLD says:

did i say he didn’t have reflexes? did i say he wasn’t agile?

you missed my point… my point was the media just reports stupidity about his size and strength when they should be talking about how well he is tracking the puck and positioning himself.

i want carey to play well today and am hoping for a strong prformance, you just don’t know how to read and are quick to make assumptions…

2. Don Carnage says:

Yes we all know Price is as stiff as cardboard and has no reflex’s , that’s why he is in the NHL and your on your couch.

3. SLONCOLD says:

but as teh media says, he’s 6’3 225 lbs and stronger, so he’ll be better if a 200lbs man falls into him lol give me a brake. i’m all for playing price tonight but the media should remember that agility and reflexes make a goalie lol not his size / weight. stupid mtl media lol

4. Bob Barker says:

O’Byrne with an Andy Sutton like hit on Nicklas Backstrom tonight. That’d be sweet.

Bob Barker reminding you: help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.

5. kenzie420 says:

Is it just me or has AK 46 PLAYING REALLY EFFIN GOOD the past 2 games? And I dont think Halak is to blame for any of the goals in game three, if I were JM I would give him the nod again and stop throwing my goaltenders under the bus every time they lose a game. Price is good against the caps but Price is colder than ice not having played much in the last 2 months.

When times get tough, just remember, at least I’m not a leafs fan!! go habs go

6. Josh says:

How come there’s never any mention of Sergei anymore? The guy’s been a constant healthy scratch/benched lately and it seems not one journalist even takes notice of it.

7. Shublips says:

For anyone who is interested in participating, there is a Habs V Caps LIVE in-game mega chat tonight, with yours truly as one of several Habs and Caps blogger panelists.

Set your reminder at http://bit.ly/agjQ3l Hope to see you all there!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

8. tanhaa says:

Awesome that OB is in.. it was expected.

Why is SK74 still a scratch?  I can’t figure this out. What does he need to do to get JM to play him?  Has he been flirting with JM’s daughter or something?  Am I missing something here?  I can’t figure out what JM’s bone is against SK74.

9. Rachel410 says:
    Nice
    Post I already digged this
  10. Mr.Hazard says:

GO’BYRNE!!

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

11. ab-hab-nut says:

What’s up with Gomez?? We need him real bad!!

12. diehardhab says:

Dont kid yourself careys size and strength could be a factor tonight

The torch be yours to hold it high!

13. Offensive DMan says:

More good than bad for tonight, though, I think. He’s OK, needs this kind of exposure for his confidence.

14. Born in a Bad Year says:

If you remove the fighting majors and adjust for games played, O’Byrne takes less penalties than Markov.

You don’t want him to stop fighting do you?

15. Aaron13 says:

The only thing about O’Byrne is that he’s prone to taking penalties.

16. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Oh man, Spacek was playing well. But on the other note..

YES! FINALLY! What took this move so long? We need physical presence – get out there and rock it tonight Ryan! Go Habs Go!

17. KenD29 says:

I like it re Darche, MAB and O Byrne !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

18. Laramy87 says:

TSN, making a big deal about Price leaving the ice first in morning skate today…. Dos that actually mean anything, or TSN being TSN.

19. JIMVINNY says:

I don’t think they’re making a big deal about it.  They’re just mentioning it since that is usually how you can tell which goalie is getting the call.

20. twitch says:

“Price, who left the ice first during the morning skate, stopped 21 shots in relief of Jaroslav Halak during the Habs’ 5-1 loss on Monday.”

A big deal? Doesn’t sound like it to me.

The starting goaltender usually leaves the ice first, while the backup gets more practice.

21. Jbird says:

First goalie leaving always plays.  The Backup of the day stays to take the practice shots.

22. jimmy shaker says:

JM will be using 7D tonight…..Spacek will suck it up and play and we’ll use 3 lines primarily and the occasional 4th line appearance of Metro and Pyatt with someone double shifting.  I like this angle!

Shaker

23. Jbird says:

Word is that MAB is on the 4th line.  I really want SK back.

24. topher5468 says:

You would like any angle that includes your boy MAB, He needs to shoot more, 2 shots a game is not enough for this guy. He is not in the line up for his defense or his physical play

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

25. wmarcello says:

Now somebody PLEASE confirm SK is playing!

26. avatar_58 says:

WTF IS WRONG WITH SPACEK??

This team has no effing luck at all…

27. Caballero says:

We really need him in there!

28. HabFanSince72 says:

A question for you older Hab fans. Who was the last Montreal coach not to get abused by the fans for his incompetence?

I know even Scotty Bowman got criticized at times for not being as good a coach as the average fan.

All the coaches since Scotty have gotten it.

Toe Blake? Dick Irvin?

(Stupid Gazette auto-bowdlerizer)

29. le_vrai_jacques says:

You mean just by Timo or in general?

30. jimmy shaker says:

This is what I wanted when he first came into the team….7D.  I thought this would make all you “non MAB fans” to say it diplomatically, happy.  Giving Hammer/Spacek less minutes will make them fresher and more effective.  As well it will take down MAB’s minutes and give O’Byrne some limited action as well.  I think the 7D is good for the whole D core.

Shaker

31. topher5468 says:

Relax pal, I was just havin a bit of fun with ya, Your plan sounds good to me, Hamr needs some rest, hes been terrible. We need the first goal tonight, keep the crowd in the game. We can do this..

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

32. jimmy shaker says:

Wasn’t getting mad at you, sorry.  Just trying to show that MAB is better on the D in a 7 man system, rather than on the 4th line getting only token minutes.  Was just generalizing about MAB to everyone, as most people on here really don’t like him!

Shaker

33. diehardhab says:

If spacek doesnt play he better have a very good reason. Suck it up! Its the playoffs for gd sake!

The torch be yours to hold it high!