O’B scratched

RDS reports Ryan O’Byrne has been demoted to seventh defenceman.

At practice today, Josh Gorges took O’Byrne’s spot with Roman Hamrlik. The third pairing was Francis Bouillon and Patrice Brisebois.

Carey Price returned to practice this morning and will back up Jaroslav Halak against the Ducks tomorrow night. But Andrei Kostitsyn is still out.

Christopher Higgins skated with Maxim Lapierre, Georges Laraque and Matheu Dandenault.

Robert Lang centred Tom Kostopoulos and Steve Bégin. There’s a line that strikes terror into the heart of Chris Pronger, Scott Niedermayer and François Beauchemin.

François Gagnon on Mike Komisarek, Christopher Higgins and the U.S. election

1. TommyB says:

You’re right, Teach…it was sarcastic, but not directed at you in particular. I was simply pointing out that there could be an alternative that I would not want to see. I’ll endure the ads.

2. Naila Jinnah says:

Mmmmm… never heard of a triskele (I had to look it up!) but it’s close enough.

It’s actually a triquetra. The significance is different, it represents three things that flow together – and so the Catholic Church uses it for Trinity Knots (Father, Son, Holy Ghost), though it can represent any three things you want it to. :)

3. roadrunner24@hotmail.com says:

What do you mean can we hold on until then …… We don’t even have a lost yet ! I think we defenetly can hold on until the trade deadline to get that #4 D ( caugh bowmeester caugh) …. Until then Gorges , Obyrne can all rotate on that #4 slot ( We won 1st last year with them … how quickly we forget ) so yeah i think we can wait until the time ( salary cap issues) is right

4. fuhgawz says:

Naila …. is that a triskele? … your symbol? … by chance?

5. The Capitalist Pig says:

How the deuce to you know that she’s fertile? For all you know she could be a barren as the leafs’ roster!

“Just remember, markets can remain irrational for much longer than you can remain solvent.”

6. BIG-D says:

I wasn’t joking.

So she is 8 yrs older. That’s nothing.

She is still very fertile. She could still kcock out a few Baby Goalies….

Every boy’s dream is a older woman right!!!

7. Harani says:

That would be sooo unlogical! Kim is 29!!!….freakin 29…and price is what 21! I know you were joking but stil…lol…

8. BIG-D says:

Price & Kim should get married and have some Little Goalie Babies. Montreal would be set for life in Net…..

9. Naila Jinnah says:

Poor Burner!

Oh well… Like all of us, he has to suffer setbacks in his career. Luckily, it comes early so he can learn from it 😛

10. Mr.Hazard says:

Hey its all better now! No ads + white background! Yayyy

Ex nihilo nihil fit

11. BIG-D says:

Wasn’t it last year that the Habs put everyone who was sick in Quarantine cause the year before that the whole team got sick with a Virus.

Shouldn’t they do the same this year?

12. StillattheMapes says:

Sorry, Neil didn’t win that fight (I was at the game… my wife is a local girl and a major Sens fan, the tradeoff is I get to watch my boys 4 times), even if he ended up on top of him. Anaheim are still huge and they intimidated Ottawa for two periods, but they are really slow, and they were hanging on in the 3rd. If we play our speed game, we can beat them + we also have a monster to put on the ice.

13. Sehs says:

AdBlock for Firefox guys, works wonders.

14. spirit of the Habs says:

Damn adds

Canadas Team, Gods Team You name it The Habs are it

15. linp says:

Just wonder how many ads there will be. Each time I swap a page, a new ads comes up.

16. Lee Hayes says:

good tip, thanks.

Go Habs Go

17. von says:

Wow, what happened to the site?

Since these ad’s have showed up, it’s steadily progressed from bad to worse…

_________________________________
    “Obviously it would be great, but they don’t really hang conference titles in this rink. They raise Stanley Cup banners.” – Carey Price

18. howtathor says:

I don’t mind Breezer but he should be partnered with Hamelik. Bullion and Gorges are a great duo, slightly undersized but don’t take it from anyone.
    I don’t think Higgins will be on the 4th line for very long! I’d have him playing with Lang by the end of the first period.
    The Sen’s are really pathetic this year!

See you all at the summit I hope!

19. howtathor says:

Ok…let the rumours start now…O’byrne for Beauchemin? He can really help on the PP. Anaheim already has a couple of good quarterbacks in Neidermeyer and Pronger which might make Beauchemin expendable.

20. CHsam says:

For the love of Maurice Richard, at least lighten the dark background guys!

21. nightmare_49 says:

Briere out for a Month .. TSN ….. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253644 …………………………………………… The Changing Media Landscape of Hockey .. (interesting article but it has ads, lol.) .. by Craig Custance .. Sporting news ….. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=477976 ……….. Ducks Sign Free Agent Hedican (the whole story) .. by Dan Woods ….. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hedican-ducks-skating-2204189-goals-games

22. Big Bird says:

Get off that horse Bryan. You have beaten it to death mon ami. 😉

23. Harani says:

Looks like the Flyers will hav a tough time this year after all with rat-face going out on injury for a month! WOW! See how time can change things…

24. B says:

Hit control-A (to select all), this will make the background colour lighter and the text easier to read.

Petition to save the Gazette:

25. SlovakHab says:

I am also having a tough time reading stuff on the dark blue background. Really hope this is only temporary.

26. CHsam says:

HI/O guys:

This new format sucks. I can’t read a damn word in the blue.

27. nightmare_49 says:

Sule – Excellent post and are you insinuating that Boone, Mio and Stubbs have website chemistry, lol.

28. Garbo says:

Keep in mind it is a part of their and they do get a salary. This isn’t charity work.

29. SlovakHab says:

Of course I agree.
    There are 2 dimensions that BGL brings:
    1) Element of excitement – we love to see him fight!
    2) Element of safety – as you mentioned, he should protect his teammates.

He seems to be a nice personality though – I would love to meet him in person.
    As someone mentioned before me – he is rather a policeman than a criminal.
    But I really hope he’ll stay healthy and show he can play the game as well – this is ice hockey, not wrestling.
    Well, I wish he added to his single NHL hattrick.. that would be awesome.

30. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

sure you weren’t interested before because we got killed all the time with no fighter – but now you see the element that BGL brings to the team, our talented players don’t have to worry about cheap shots because whoever dares to be UNJUST will have his justice served by BGL. Like I said all last year, we cannot rely on the REFS to protect us.

1. The work of BGL will be key to our success this season…
    2. The Bell Centre should be rebuilt to hold 80,000…
    3. Kovalev is now in his prime…

31. Will Longlade says:

Why is everything so blue & hard to read all of a sudden????

32. SlovakHab says:

I’m just watching Anaheim game to see what kind of squad we face tomorrow..
    George Parros lead NHL in fights 2 seasons ago and was third last year.
    He better not face G. Laraque tomorrow – he got beat by much smaller Neil just a while ago.

Funny how I am interested in hockey fights since we signed BGL :) I didn’t seem so interested in them before..

33. B says:

If Vancouver needs offence, then how does swapping a D man for another D man who scores less and a prospect help Vancouver out?

Noticed a petition to save the Gazette:

34. Big Bird says:

Couple of cents from the peanut gallery:

(1) I do not like online ads or banners as much as the next person. I find it to be ‘interruption marketing’ as much as the next person but…

(2) The ads are not the kind that expand or blow out when you scroll over them unlike other online sites (including those on the Canwest network).

(3) Due to the success of this site it will require more server space, technological resources and staffing to maintain it to the standards we expect. It’s come a long way from the blog that started over a year ago.

(4) The Gazette staff (Mike, Kevin, Dave et al) allocate a fair amount of time to this site. Currently there was no advertising on this site yet we pay nothing to join or get the tremendous content on here. Read a Gazette newspaper and you pay for it plus there are print ads. Go and read the Gazette online and there are tons of online ads. Many that are much more intrusive.

(5) I don’t think that the advertising on this site is going to generate tons of advertising dollars but even if it’s enough to defer some costs then why not? If it helps expand things (podcast, more content) then why not? Otherwise, pay up or clam up.

(6) Guys like Boone, Mio and Stubbs (not to mention the Other Wing bloggers, Robert L, etc.) put their heart in this place and even engage with us posters when they are addressed. They helped promote the upcoming Summit and didn’t charge us for it. And they have contributed for a long time before any advertising showed up on here. Don’t accuse them of ‘selling out’ as it’s offensive to them and make you look uninformed.

(7) Ask yourself if you do anything for free on day to day basis that is not charity-related? Didn’t think so. Now enough of this talk and let’s get back to hockey.

35. Mr.Hazard says:

Um. Yeah. Talk about a turnoff. Wouldn’t those two giant squares fit better somewhere (anywhere!) else?

Ex nihilo nihil fit

36. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

look at the lafffs and that SHEEN defenseman, they treat him like the 2nd coming, and over here were stuck with COACHES PETS…
    Dandy, Breeze, Begin…when we have the likes of PAX, STEWART and OBRYNE and of course CHIP who made the team last year. Sounds like a conspiracy, or kickbacks.
    1. The work of BGL will be key to our success this season…
    2. The Bell Centre should be rebuilt to hold 80,000…
    3. Kovalev is now in his prime…

37. von says:

I don’t think there is another coach in the league who would pick an aged, fragile, scared, veteran over a young, physical, big, strong D-man.

_________________________________

38. Chorske says:

Look, like I said below: all it costs you is one click. It generates revenue for the site that can then be used to offset webpage hosting on a quick server, and archiving years of our yakking. Like Mike says, it also pays his bills too. We benefit from having professional writers manage this site, and their hard work and passion should be rewarded. So yeah, click on Michelin, even if you don’t need tires. It supports the site.

HOWEVER. The one thing that should be done is to make sure the ads don’t slow the page loading, and to make them a bit less obtrusive. It’s crazy that the Michelin Man is bigger than O’Byrne (at least on Internet Exploiter 7).

39. von says:

Wow, I can’t believe this. What is wrong with Carbo? Brisebois should be no-where in the top 6 pairings.

Granted, O’Bryne hasn’t played amazingly, but there is million times the upside to him over Breezer.

And I agree, the ad’s in the middle of the page is a little much. What is wrong with them being on the side column?

_________________________________

40. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

This is UnReal…Breeze over Obryne??? I thought he matured past that ridicules strategy. Its obvious that Breeze shys away from contact…
    this is a bloody joke.
    1. The work of BGL will be key to our success this season…
    2. The Bell Centre should be rebuilt to hold 80,000…
    3. Kovalev is now in his prime…

41. The Teacher says:

Tommy just wants to be sarcastic is all Sulemaan.

Got great news as my bud is coming down from T.O. as well. Should be a great time.

My suggested overtime format and other sports talk

42. sportsfreak_39 says:

Boo to selling out for money.

43. Big Bird says:

TommyB does have a point there Teacher. (See you soon!)

44. The Teacher says:

Not suggesting, that, but I’d rather not see the whole background in dark blue with the letters being black. Keep the white background and it’s fine with me 😉 Although putting them on the side is a decent suggestion.

Nice to hear from you Tommy. Good to see the boys pulled one out for you guys 😉

My suggested overtime format and other sports talk

45. TommyB says:

Hmmmm….maybe H I/O should switch to a “user pay” site?

46. Thermo says:

Looking at the site in IE – and a very annoying flash Hyundai ad and a Michelin ad are stacked under the post – the animation on the hyundai one doesn’t stop after one go either – keeps repeating. Both ads are large and IMHO – not appropriate for in copy ads.

Agree with below posters – off to the side if you have to.

47. habs domain says:

I said earlier today, that the habs need to make a deal with Vancouver for 1 of their D men, preferasbly Bieska. they need offence and we need defence.prospect and Boouillon for Bieska. But if we can somehow hold off until the trade deadline, then we can snatch a D man(UFA) from a team out of the playoff race, for a relatively small price. The question is, can we hold on til then? I don’t think so. But I have to say that Bouillon and Breezer together makes me cringe! We absolutely need a big D man. Why on earth would Carbo play Breezer instead of O’Byrne?
    So O’byrne hasen’t played that well, but what’s so great about Breezer?
    Oh I forgot, he’s best friends with Carbo! sickening how friendship manipulates a decision.