NHL announces playoff schedule

Do you like afternoon playoff games in the shrine of hockey?

NBF.C does.

Sunday, May 16 at Philly, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 18 at Philly, 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 20 at the Bell Centre, 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 22 at the Bell Centre, 3 p.m.
* Monday, May 24 at Philly, 7 p.m.
* Wednesday, May 26 at the Bell Centre, 7 p.m.
* Friday, May 28 at Philly, 7 p.m.

* If necessary

•  •  •

Feature on Hal Gill at the NHLPA web site.

•  •  •

By scoring seven goals against Pittsburgh, Mike Cammalleri tied a team record:

Maurice Richard
(1944 in five games against Toronto)

Jean Béliveau
(1956 in five against Detroit)

Bernard Geoffrion
(1957 in five against the Rangers)

Maurice Richard
(1958 in four against Detroit)

Marcel Bonin
(1959 in six against Chicago)

Frank Mahovlich
(1971 in seven against Boston)

Guy Lafleur (1975 in six against Buffalo)

1. MontrealAtheist says:

> Leafs are not good enough to bother

I’m not so sure … in the first half of the season for sure, but in the second half they had a nice run and were virtually invincible for some time and kicked the $#@! out of anybody.

Also, we were only 3-3 against them and almost missed the playoffs if not for a loser point against the Laffs in the last game.

2. HabFab says:

Make that a chicken Philly Dave. Haven’t seen you in awhile dude or maybe new avatar. Don’t know if you noticed but someone here about a month ago was raving about seeing what sounded like one of your t-shirts in Niagara Falls.

3. slapshot777 says:

Considering that the NHL biggest TV contracts are from CBC and TSN and Centre Ice plus all the other local team Channels. The NBC probably falls way down to the bottom rung on the ladder, but yet makes all the calls. Bettman is an Idiot. Too bad there is no way to get him out of the NHL.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

4. Ayan_SB says:

Maybe Evelyne can be the next “successor” to Chantal from RDS.

5. Anal_Surprise says:

Exactly, Mike. That entry. Why is it gone?

6. Mike Boone says:

Posted by Boone from the practice:

R.I P. L’Attaque à 5.

The successor to 110% will have its last
    telecast on May 28.

The question on everyone’s lips:

What
    will happen to Evelyne Audet?

7. coachdoug says:

Most of the folks on HIO are great…just started seeing some comments…I come from a town in Maine (Lewiston) that has a huge French Canadian population…Only US city to have a team in the Q (Mainiacs) so I guess I grew up loving both Countries…

“The ‘System’ will not stop until it owns Lord Stanley’s Cup…All hail the System!”

8. pmaraw says:

nice name.

9. K-hab25 says:

Boo Hoo, it’s a 4:00/4:30 start time in the west all year long.

10. DD says:

Please don’t paint all Canadians with the same brush. Most Canadians can’t stand arrogant Torontonians, as well.

11. K-hab25 says:

Agreed!! I mean it’s 1 freaking game, not the whole series and it may be SUN not SAT, for all the “it’s HNIC, not HDIC” crowd.

12. ABHabsfan says:

I can’t cheer for either of these teams tonight, the 2 teams I hate the most in the NHL. Leafs are not good enough to bother hating. I will be rooting for a bench-clearing brawl with multiple suspensions and someone pulling Hartnell’s hair until he cries.

13. Anal_Surprise says:

There was a comment earlier today on the front page of HIO about vtele’s Attaque A 5 (formerly 110%) going off the air on May
    28th and the station deciding not to renew the show for another season.

The comment
    was quoted on vtele’s message boards, and now the Aà5 forums are
    in an uproar over the news.

I came back here to see which of
    Boone
    , Mio or asmaa posted the comment… only to find that it has since
    been deleted.

WTF? Just stirring trouble, or
    what? Or did the guys from Attaque à 5 come slap some wrists behind the scenes?

Anal_Surprise
    – A bit disappointed with HIO right now

14. Slovak says:

Your pict shows it clearly that you don’t care…:-))

15. adam76 says:

I don;t care who we play or when we play.

16. DD says:

Live in Ottawa for a while, and I am sure you would come to the same conclusion as I have. There is little difference between a sens fan and a leaf fan, in fact most sens fans are former leaf fans, including Eugene Melnyk.

17. Lee_D says:

Anyone planning bus/road trips?

18. nightmare_49 says:

…  To complete your hockey schedule coming up:

2010 WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
    SERIES N
    #1 vs. #2
    Network
    Sunday, May 16 at San Jose, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN, RDS
    Tuesday, May 18 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS
    Thursday, May 20 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS
    Saturday, May 22 at Chicago, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN, RDS
    *Monday, May 24 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS
    *Wednesday, May 26 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS
    *Saturday, May 29 at San Jose, TBD VERSUS, TSN, RDS
  19. adam76 says:

Stop – fact and logic are not allowed on this site.

20. ABHabsfan says:

That is a pretty impressive list that Cammy has added his name to. Congrats!

21. Price_31 says:

I don’t care who we play. I’m just sooo excited for the series to start!!!

22. adam76 says:

The NHL makes solid revenue on those afternoon network games.  Lets say the pull a 2.0 tomorrow – way more then anything Canada could generate.

Also – look at the demographic the Ads are trying to corner during tomorrows game.  Do you see many Lexus and Heineken ads during HNIC?

You have to be flexible when the reward is the possibility of being available in every US household.  Its a business / logic decision.   For three hours – no executive in the world would be dumb enough to “stand” their ground.

23. DD says:

Tonight, I dine on Philly Cheese Steak with a bowl of Boston Clam Chowder. I think it’s only fair, that I dine on the same, fine meal Les Boys will be feasting on, starting Sunday.

24. HabFanSince72 says:

Sens – that was a no brainer even before they signed Kovy.

25. Bugs says:

Just heard tickets goin on sale tomorrow over the web.

Ranges from 50-70 bucks in the nosebleed sections to 500-600 bucks to sit beside the Priceberg.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

26. Barts says:

It is absolutely abominable that there is no hockey on Saturday night, May 22nd, (HNIC!!!) just so the network that could give two s**ts about the NHL six other months of the year can have an afternoon game… Disgusting.

27. mike g says:

How about this…

Boston wins in the 5th overtime period.

Marc Savard loses conciousness because he hasn’t been physically tested like that in months.

Lucic gets hit from behind, his back straightens up, and he still continues to suck.

Their whole team is burnt out from Philly hitting them 150 times tonight.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

28. slapshot777 says:

I personally don’t care who we play.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

29. mike g says:

Most of them may have been born in Canada.

But when you work for the NHL, sit behind a nice/rich desk, have the power that they hold, and are thrown a huge barrel of cash, you often make decisions without thinking “Canadian”.

Look, we may be making a big deal out of this. But if it didn’t mean anything to all of Canada, we wouldn’t complain about these afternoon games. It obviously favours a market that doesn’t care nearly as much about hockey as we do.

That’s what this is about. Pleasing someone who won’t recognize it is unfair to those who care…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

30. Slovak says:

I WANT BRUINS TO WIN TOO – the only thing that bothers me is when Chara will be standing in front of Habs nets we will not see Halak at all :) For that series maybe we can call LeBron James into Habs nets…:)

31. mike g says:

LOL…does Toronto lose in everything?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

32. Fansincebirth says:

kinda like watching the Laffs vs the Sens….who the Hell do you cheer for?

Neither, just kill each other please!!

33. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m cheering for the season-ending injuries of Carcillo, Hartnell,
    Pronger and Lucic.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

34. HabFanSince72 says:

I agree. It’s not the US, it’s the NHL doing this. And the NHL is largely run by Canadians.

35. HabFanSince72 says:

I’m a litle  surprised to see people “cheering” for the Bruins.

Sure, think we’d do better against them. Maybe even kinda hope they win so we don’t have to face the Flyers.

But cheering for the Bruins???

36. coachdoug says:

No need to disparage the U.S. because Bettman courts Networks that don’t care about hockey…They should have given verses the whole playoff rights in the States….

Seeing some pretty ignorant comments…Having ancestry in both countries I really don’t appreciate people who slag Canada here in the US or those who do the same to the U.S.

Hockey players come from a lot of places…last year at the CANAM tournament in NY the team from Toronto we beat was making “hillbilly” comments to our kids…after we beat their ignorant @sses in the medal round the coaches refused to shake our hands…moral of the story is love your country but you don’t have to insult others…especially your neighbor

37. HabFanSince72 says:

He’s still hoping for Hawks – Bruins.

38. ooder says:

why was the radio tough on the habs?

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

39. ooder says:

I am rooting for the Bruins.. they are a very hard working team that didn’t fold when Savard went down with injury.

The only thing I worry about is the Rask factor.

Chara has been a shadow of himself and is playing with a broken pinky which means no bomb from the point.

And i think we can shut down satan, recci, savard and ryder if we managed to do it to ovechkin, semin, malkin and crosby

Also, we OWN the Bruins

——————

40. Keith says:

3 in the afternoon (4pm in N.B) FFS? God how I hate Buttman and his evil cronies. He’s just like Dr. Evil, except he’s MORE evil.

41. mb says:

HAHA!  Yves Landry must be thinking “Phewww, at least I didn’t mention how bad MAB was, I was only talking about the goalies”  Seriously, Marc-André Bergeron… doesn’t that sound any familiar to him?!  I guess he’s gonna be careful next time he talks live 😉

42. zozotheclown says:

Philly better win, otherwise I have to miss part of game 1 and 2 for my own hockey.

43. Drive_For_25 says:

We did win that game though…

44. Fansincebirth says:

he tried but was told “don’t worry, there’s only one Canadian team left and after all, it’s only the Habs”

45. Harani says:

It got kinda buried in the other thread but it shouldn’t be missed.

On the French radio, Marc-Andre Bergeron comes on and the guy (Yves Landry) has no idea who it is. EPIC FAIL! Listen here (french).

For those who don’t understand french, he called because that radio was tough on the Habs so he called on his way to Trois-Rivieres. And Mr. Landry asks him where he watched the game from last night? At the Bell Centre or at home. MAB tells him that he was on the ice, he’s #47 who takes slapshots from the blueline. ROFLMAO!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

46. ANSPI says:

tickets go on sale on the habs website on saturday just go buy them there

47. F-Men says:

Saturday afternoon at 3pm – on a long weekend?  What gives?

48. Danno says:

I’m a little bit surprised Bettman didn’t just go and cancel the playoffs after he found out the Caps and Pens were eliminated.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

49. kmachabs27 says:

NEEED GAME 4 TICKETSSSS! someone please help..me and a buddy wanna make the trip again from Niagara Falls just like we did in 08.

50. HabFanSince72 says:

Bettman and the NHL piss on Canadian traditions.

51. DieHardCareyFan31 says:

3 in the afternoon? what a bad time. the team plays better at night ive realized. the game just seems a lot slower when its played in the afternoon (like when they played in the afternoon vs the pens)..

oh well..

DieHardCareyFan31

52. DieHardCareyFan31 says:

oh well..

DieHardCareyFan31

53. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Maurice Richard
    (1944 in five games against Toronto)

…Jean Béliveau
    (1956 in five against Detroit)

…Bernard Geoffrion
    (1957 in five against the Rangers)

…Maurice Richard
    (1958 in four against Detroit)

…Marcel Bonin
    (1959 in six against Chicago)

…Frank Mahovlich
    (1971 in seven against Boston)

…Guy Lafleur (1975 in six against Buffalo)

…Mike Cammaleri (2010 in seven against Pittsburgh)

…IF I was Mike ? …I would get THAT etched in Gold-plate and plaqued on Ebony-wood …and mount in the centre of My rec-room wall ……hmmmmm, …Maybe even in the centre of My mirror over My bed, so My girlfriends can see it

…that WILL impress ’em …IF nothin’-else will