Travis Moen will call Montreal home for four more years.
Mike Stobe, NHLI via Getty Images
So how did Canadiens forward Travis Moen celebrate his four-year, $7.4-million Canadiens contract on Friday? He took his family to the Swift Current Frontier Days Fair & Rodeo: midway rides, cotton-candy… the works. And then, back home to his wife Amy’s relatives for supper.
Stubbs column on Moen, his Prairie roots and his loyalty to the Canadiens as he passes up the opportunity to test Sunday’s UFA market.
The door on free agency opens Sunday, the Habs prepared to let Brad Staubitz, Chris Campoli and Michael Blunden take part in the exercise.
Saturday is the final day of the Canadiens’ three-day development camp in Brossard. On-ice workouts, open to the public at the Bell Sports Complex, run from 10:30 a.m. to noon and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• Subban, Price inching toward Habs contracts: Stubbs
• Daigneault rounds out Therrien’s coaching staff: CJAD’s Chantal Desjardins (with audio)
• Habs salary picture heading into Sunday’s UFA kickoff: capgeek.com
• 19-game Canadien Brad Staubitz headed to free agency: NBCSports.com
• Cold, hard reality of Quebec taxes faced by players: Financial Post
• Video: Mac Bennett and player development coach Patrice Brisebois on Day 2 of Habs development camp: Canadiens.com
• TSN’s available-UFA list, keeping in mind it’s bound to change on Saturday: East | West
• TSN’s sortable UFA tracker
• Long-term contracts soon to be extinct?: Ken Campbell, The Hockey News
• A look back at 10 very goofy summertime trades (two Habs deals among them): Adam Proteau, The Hockey News