New live chat tool launches tonight

In an effort to keep the load on our site a bit more manageable during the game, tonight we’re going to try a new tool for Mike Boone’s live chat called Scribble Live.

You won’t have to refresh your page to read his latest updates and you can send your comments directly into his live blog. Because we expect a high volume of comments, we will be moderating them and selecting which ones appear within the live blog itself. To comment within the liveblog, you’ll have to follow the prompts to create a unique username for the chat. Of course, you can also continue to comment with your HIO username below the liveblog post as usual.

You can turn your view of the Scribble Live comments on and off by clicking on the gear icon at the top of the chat. Click here for more details on how you can use the chat tool.

After (or during) tonight’s game, please tell us what you think about about the Scribble Live setup, both in terms of reading Boone’s live chat and making comments. And feel free to share any suggestions or ideas you might have for how to improve the over-all chat experience. You can email me at kmio@montrealgazette.com or leave a comment below.

1. SHUTTemDOWN says:

Killer instinct; this team needs one.

“The sh*t is CHESS!NOT CHECKERS.” Denzel W.(Training Day)

2. slapshot777 says:

Subban was slashed in the first and he went back to the ref and it wasn’t called. It a village idiot thing with the NHL management and officials.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

3. Aybara says:

Didn’t notice the old blog is still usable at the bottom. I still miss the old format though.

4. SLYDER says:

the live chat isnt half bad – i think they really only filter the silly posts that dont really have any contribution to ‘game discussion’

…which makes sense…

5. fbkj says:

smell the funky underwear?

6. SLYDER says:

FINALLY i got a post through on the live chat….

7. SLYDER says:

what a pass by white…if only DD didnt have a hole in his stick

8. Aybara says:

Yea patches!

9. SLYDER says:

and if we want to talk here – we cant see boone’s posts unless we open another tab/window

back to the drawing board?

10. HNS says:

The live chat forum is a tool.

11. HNS says:

By the time your comment/comments get thru at live, game over…WTF???

12. Danno says:

Who needs Live CHat®? We can live blog anywhere we want. This seems good enough a place.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

13. fbkj says:

something is giving me website font issues, times new roman is popping up when i try to type, resulting in the field being perceived as empty when im trying to post

having to reset to a web friendly font before post will go through

perhaps before implementing new features you should beta test to get the bugs out

14. SLYDER says:

Im not enjoying it – tried to post three times and they dont get through

i like the idea of not having to ‘refresh’ – but i dont mind refreshing if it means i get to be part of the discussion

isnt that what we all want? I WANNA TALK HABS!

15. Aybara says:

I agree, I don’t like it at all. The system to differentiate between posts (grey bkgrnd and white bkgrnd) is tedious to look through. Don’t like the font. Also like to go back and see what people said more easily.. while putting an avatar to a post.

Worst of all is the moderation.. complete horse poop

16. Danno says:

Good work Plecky!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

17. Danno says:

Patches! Puts the biscuit in the basket! Yes!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

18. Aybara says:

So is Miller injured?? and YES Kessel nice job!

19. newbrunswick troy says:

is this the live chat?????wasn,t everything we did before somewhat live??

20. Danno says:

Hey Lindy! STFU!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

21. Aybara says:

This isn’t it, it’s in the boone blog thread.

22. Kimberly2u says:

Go Leafs go…Did I just say that out loud? lol

23. Aybara says:

P1 :20 Benny goes off for a trip… about a minute before I got there in the game… I miss refresh

24. LA Loyalist says:

Desharnais is making a case for himself, considering he was a depth bring up due to injury. What do you guys think?

P.S. My new tagline: You guys aren’t so bad when I’m on my meds.

25. Laramy87 says:

Is it just me or are the refs building their own reputation on Subban. It seems like the refs wont call on infraction against him.

My point being the tiny little pick that Weber was called for. Then with 1 min left, Subban is trying to clear the zone and Neidermyer basically had his hand on Subbans shoulder yanking him. Thats a penalty no matter what.

26. Kimberly2u says:

God I hate Boston…why can’t they lose tonight?  The Leafs were winning…

27. fbkj says:

i think this would have been insight a month ago, nice to see you caught up though… apologize for my inability to be polite to you btw but you make it so frigging hard

DD has been bringing it for some time

28. Psycho29 says:

Leafs win!!

29. Kimberly2u says:

Go Habs go…the stupid Booins lost…how sweet…lol

30. slapshot777 says:

Got the 2 goal lead, coasted the rest of the way and lost it in a shootout. I don’t know what the hell the Habs got going through their heads. AK46 looks like he is lost again, head in the clouds. Lucky to get a point out of it. Going to be hard going out west with this young defense. Hamrlik, sucking dirty pond water. Playing Nash about 10 minutes for the game doesn’t do much to eleviate the situation on defense.

As we can see, cycle on the Habs and they can’t control it. Had a chance to get third and still clings to 5th.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

31. Alex Rio says:

Im not crazy about this new thing. I read commments and boone every night seperatly, and it worked for me.

I did figure out how to put only boone, but from my iphone and the backwardsness of the pages and posts, i overall did not enjoy it one bit..

perhaps i will get used to it…