New feature: Habs Future

Habs Inside/Out is happy to welcome a new contributor: Robert Rice, who is familiar to the Commentariat as SeriousFan09.

Robert is an expatriate Montrealer living in Brantford. He will monitor the Habs Prospects web site and keep an eye on future Canadiens in Hamilton, Wheeling, major junior, the U.S. colleges … just about everywhere.

In each weekly edition of Habs Future, Robert will file his Three Stars of the system and a comprehensive update on how all the team’s prospects are faring.

It’s great to have him aboard, and we hope you enjoy Robert’s stuff.

Let’s start out with video of Jarred Tinordi’s first fight in the OHL, then click on the jump for Robert Rice’s first report.

XKFpyDrSdUU

The Three Stars of the Week:

1. C Louis Leblanc:

The star QMJHL prospect of the Canadiens organization had a non-stop
weekend with 3 games in 3 nights between Nov 5th and 7th. Leblanc scored
a goal each night and added 3 assists to his scoring totals to lead the
Montreal Juniors with 26 points on the season and scored consecutive
game-winning goals on Saturday against the Quebec Ramparts and Sunday
against the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. Louis Leblanc leads the Montreal
Juniors in scoring and is 13th overall in scoring in the QMJHL and every
player ahead of him has played at least four more games.

2. RW Aaron Palushaj:

In an impressive week, Palushaj jumped into 4th overall scoring with
the Hamilton Bulldogs with 5 fewer GP than anyone ahead of him. It was
quite the week for the Palushaj considering he was injured and before
the week had begun, he had only 3 games played to date. His 2 goals and 5
assists helped pace the Bulldogs to a 3-win week, it could be
considered that the young winger is shaping to be a major offensive
contributor for the 2010-11 Bulldogs season.

3. D Mathieu Carle

After being quiet on the score sheet to start his season in Hamilton,
Carle had an explosive week for the Bulldogs, scoring goals in 3
consecutive games including the game-winning goal against the Manitoba
Moose on November 2nd and then the tying goal against the Moose
on November 3rd to bring the game to the shootout and a win for
Hamilton. He finished the week with 3 goals and 1 assist.

Worthy
Mentions
: D Jarred Tinordi had his first fight as a London Knight and
acquitted himself well. G Karri Ramo has only lost once in his last
seven starts. D Yannick Weber is leading the AHL in goals by a
defencemen with 7 so far. RW Alex Avtsin scored the final shootout goal
in Hamilton’s November 3rd win against the Manitoba Moose to decisively
end the game. C Andreas Engqvist has received great credit from reports
to be the best penalty killing forward on the Bulldogs. Maxim Trunev had
his first multi-point game of the season in the KHL. Brendan
Gallagher
’s 17th goal of the season has him tied for the league lead in
goals in the WHL.

Question Marks: After scoring 36 points
in 41 games last season for North Dakota and 5 goals, 3 assists in the
2010 World Junior Championships, Danny Kristo has only three assists in 10 games so far this season at North Dakota. Ben Maxwell has only one point in his last five games. Bubble prospect Joonas Nattinen,
after being considered a very good find in the 3rd round of the 2009
Entry Draft, had an achilles tendon injury and had surgery, he was
placed on IR in September. Considering the nature of tendon injuries and
the requirement that Nattinen be signed to a contract this coming
summer according to draft selection rules, his injury does not bode well
for his immediate future. Alex Avtsin‘s wrist injury has limited
his ice time this season so far, it may continue to impede his ability
to stay in the lineup in Hamilton.

Complete Statistics for the week of November 1st:

Legend
Skaters:
Games Played, Goals, Assists,
+/-, Penalty Minutes
Goalies: Wins, Losses, Overtime
Losses, Shootout Losses, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage
Teams: Wins, Losses, Overtime
Losses, Shootout Losses, Ties (for NCAA teams only)
Season Stats: Season scoring
prior to the past week.

The AHL Report
: The Hamilton Bulldogs have
been the AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens since 2002. It is the most
common route for developing Montreal Canadiens prospects into full-time members
of the organization. There are currently 13 members of the team that may one day
fill out a role for the Canadiens. The Hamilton Bulldogs are currently on a
very solid 7-1-1-2 record to start the season and lead the North Division of
the AHL Western Conference.

RW Alexander Avtsin: 19
years old, 6’3″, 199 pounds, RH shot
Season Stats: 2GP, 1G, 1A, +3, 0PIM
Weekly Stats: 1GP, 0G, 0A, 0, 0PIM

D Mathieu Carle: 23 years old, 6′, 203 pounds, RH shot.
Alternate Captain
Season Stats: 8GP, 1G, 0A, +3, 6 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 3G, 1A, +5, 2 PIM

C David Desharnais: 24
years old, 5’6″, 177 pounds, LH shot.

Alternate Captain
Season Stats: 8GP, 3G, 9A, +4. 2PIM
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 1G, 2A, +4, 0PIM

C Gabriel Dumont: 19 years old, 5’10”, 180 pounds, RH shot.
Season Stats: 8GP, 1G, 1A, -2, 4PIM.
Weekly Stats: 2GP, 0G, 0A, 0, 0 PIM.

C Andreas Engqvist: 22
years old, 6’4″, 191 pounds, RH shot.

Season Stats: 8GP, 1G, 3A, 0, 4PIM
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 1G, 0A, +2, 2PIM

C Ben Maxwell: 22
years old, 6’1″, 191 pounds, LH shot.

Alternate Captain
Season stats: 8GP, 3G, 6A, 0, 4PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 0G, 1A, -1, 4PIM

G Robert Mayer: 21 years old, 6’1″, 209 pounds, catches left.
Season stats: 6GP, 3-2-0-1, 2.94 GAA, .878%
Weekly Stats: 1GP, 1-0-0-0, 3.69GAA, .862

D Brendon Nash: 23 years old, 6’3″, 218 pounds, LH shot.
Season Stats: 9GP, 2G, 4A, +4, 8PIM
Weekly Stats: 2GP, 0G, 0A, +2, 2PIM

LW Max Pacioretty: 21 years old, 6’2″, 210 pounds, LH shot.
Season Stats: 8GP, 1G, 7A, +2, 6PIM
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 2G, 2A, +1, 2PIM

RW Aaron Palushaj: 21 years old, 6′, 183 pounds, RH shot.
Season Stats: 3GP, 0G, 4A, +1, 2PIM
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 2G, 5A, +5, 0 PIM

RW Ian Schultz: 20 years old, 6’3″, 208 pounds, RH shot.
Season Stats: 6GP, 0G, 0A, -1, 9PIM.
Weekly Stats: 1GP, 0G, 0A, 0, 0 PIM

D Yannick Weber: 22 years old, 5’11”, 196 pounds, RH shot.
Season Stats: 8GP, 4G, 6A, -1, 10 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 1G, 0A, +1, 0PIM

C Ryan White: 22 years old, 6′, 198 pounds, RH shot.
Alternate Captain
Season Stats: 8GP, 0G, 4A, +1, 7 PIM
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 1G, 0A, -1, 6PIM

The Juniors Report: The
Canadiens currently feature prospects playing in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey
League (QMJHL), the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and the Western Hockey League
(WHL).

QMJHL:

C Louis Leblanc: 19 years old,
6’1″,
184 pounds, RH shot.

Junior Club: Montreal Juniors, Alternate Captain. (14W, 3L, 3OTL)
Season Stats: 13GP, 9G, 11A, +9, 22 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 3G, 3A, +3, 6 PIM.

LW Phillippe Lefebvre: 19 years old, 6′, 200 pounds, LH shot.
Junior Club: Montreal Juniors (14W, 3L, 3OTL)
Season Stats: 15GP, 7G, 10A, +8, 15 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 1G, 2A, +2, 2 PIM

D Morgan Ellis: 18 years old, 6’2″, 196 pounds, RH shot.
Junior Club: Cape Breton Screaming Eagles – Team Captain (6W, 14L, 1 OTL)
Season Stats: 17GP, 2G, 7A, -6, 19 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 2GP, 1G, 1A, -2, 2 PIM

OHL:

D Jarred Tinordi: 18 years old, 6’6″, 212 pounds, LH shot.
Junior Club: London Knights (9W, 5L, 1 OTL)
Season Stats: 11GP, 0G, 2A, +1, 10 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 0G, 0A, -5, 9 PIM.

WHL:

RW Brendan Gallagher: 18 years old, 5’8″, 170 pounds, RH shot.
Junior Club: Vancouver Giants (10W, 7L, 2 OTL)
Season Stats: 18GP, 16G, 13A, +15, 27 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 2GP, 1G, 1A, +1, 6 PIM.

US College Hockey (NCAA) Report: The
Canadiens have drafted a number of college players in recent years but at the
moment, there are only two I consider viable prospects.

D Mac Bennett: 6′, 180 pounds, LH shot.
NCAA Team: University of Michigan Wolverines (4W, 0L, 1T)
Season Stats: 5GP, 0G, 3A, +5, 15 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 1GP, 0G, 0A, 0, 0PIM

RW Danny Kristo: 6′, 188 pounds, RH shot.
NCAA Team: University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux (4W, 1L, 0T)
Season Stats: 8GP, 0G, 3A -6, 4 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 2GP, 0G, 0A, 0, 0 PIM

Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) Report:
MHL- The league under the KHL,
Maxim Trunev has been going between both leagues this season.

D Alexei Emelin: 24 years old, 6’1″, 221 pounds, LH shot.
KHL Club: Ak Bars Kazan (15W, 6L, 2 OTL, 2 SOL)
Season Stats: 19GP, 3G, 6A, +6, 20 PIM.
Weekly Stats: 3GP, 0G, 0A, -1, 6 PIM

G Karri Ramo: 23 years old, 6’3″, 207 pounds, catches left.
KHL Club: Avangard Omsk (14W, 7L, 1 OTL, 1 SOL)
Season Stats: 16GP, 9-4-2, 2.01 GAA, .917%.
Weekly Stats: 1GP, 1-0-0, 2.00 GAA, .933%

RW Maxim Trunev: 20 years old, 5’11”, 189 pounds, RH shot.
KHL Club: Severstal Cherepovets (13W, 9L, 2 OTL)
Season Stats:
KHL: 13GP, 0G, 2A, -2, 2 PIM.
MHL: 6GP, 1G, 4A, +6, 53 PIM.
Weekly Stats:
KHL: 2GP, 0G, 2A, +2, 0 PIM.

1. TomNickle says:

I didn’t make it and I’m sorry for that.

I’ll be sure to let everyone know when I’m going to be in Montreal for a game.  And I won’t let anything get in the way of me making next year’s summit.

When HIO gives up a page for loony tunes I am sure you and Bugs will the 1st they’ll contact.

3. OneTimer says:

SF09 = best poster on HI/O, straight up. Congrats buddy.

Didn’t I say a week ago, someone give this guy a job already? ;)

4. TomNickle says:

Is there any word on why Boyd was put on waivers?

Somebody coming up?  Weber, Nash, Carle?

I’m assuming it would be a defenseman because we haven’t reached 9 on the roster yet and I’m sure Jacques would rather carry 9 D and 12 forwards than two extra forwards.

5. JasonM says:

Robert! Good luck! :)

6. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

puzzled…. i’m sure SF is a class act, he is not insulting in his posts…but in regards to the ‘prospects’ or shall we say “Youth Movement”… he has been against me (that) for the last 2 years!!

“Pax isn’t ready…Henry can’t skate…Shultz needs conditioning…etc…etc…”

let me tell you something, if we don’t revolve some doors here and bring up WHITE/PAX and SHULTZ or HENRY or the equivalent… its going to get ugly fast…starting with VAN/BOS/PHILLY…heaven help us.

SF, best of luck and congratulations…I just hope you make the ‘propects’ sound exciting, and give them their due…its good for them and better for the regulars as it keeps them on edge.

and please remember …there ARE “PROSPECTS” who ARE NHL READY…and CAN HELP US RIGHT NOW in certain departments where we lack….grit/toughness. (not fighting)

1:The N.A.G. (North American Grit) Youth Movement will bring us respect. 2:The NHL-Ref-Syndicate will do everything in its power to never allow the HABS to win another Stanley Cup. 3. ..call up WHITE/SHULTZ/PAX now.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m just covering the players I think have a chance of coming over here, Alexei Emelin doesn’t hop the pond I’m not going to likely cover him next season because this is likely the last chance that the Habs FO can lure him over the pond. Players will work themselves on and off of the list as the season goes on.

8. ProHabs says:

Great. SF09 has always contributed awesome comments on this site and I look forward to reading your prospect reports.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll add him to my watch list.

10. Julie H says:

Congrats Robert! Can’t wait to read your stuff :)

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

11. TomNickle says:

Dustin Walsh Robert.  He falls into the big and skilled centre prospect category.

Helps that I coached his brother ;)

12. andrewberkshire says:

K, mods, seriously. Why is MY comment deleted because some stupid troll commented on it? Can’t you just delete HIS comment?

Anyway, congrats again Robert.

13. TomNickle says:

Thanks pal.

He plays on the same team as Joe Stejskal, it shouldn’t be a big problem if you’re monitoring him already.

14. TomNickle says:

Good job Robert.  Nice to see the brass rewarding people who contribute something valuable to the site.

15. Lucius says:

Does this cover our entire 80ish man protected list?

I may be wrong, but I think guys like Korneev are still on there.

16. andrewberkshire says:

Too bad I couldn’t chat with you more this weekend Steve, I think both myself and the (soon to be) Mrs were a little overtired.

Andrew – Just remember your promise about respecting your elders:-)  Same goes for Tom NIckle who I didn’t get to meet.  Alas, Smart Dog was also there but I missed him, as well.  He’s one of my favourtie posters.  BTW, all the best with your new Hab ‘venture’, Andrew.

Steve

18. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll see about incorporating that in to future updates, thanks for the thoughts.

Also people, don’t forget to ask after prospects you’d like to see covered, I’ll do what I can to incorporate someone if you think he’s missing.

19. fbkj says:

now now the official story is flawed, lets just leave it at that :D

20. Lucius says:

Great update – Just a thought though, in the stats section it would be awesome if you also included total points.

I realize we can add manually, but it would be nice nonetheless :)

(And sortable tables would be even better!)

21. fbkj says:

Gratz buddy, did they give you admin as well, so you can b4n t3h tr077s?

22. andrewberkshire says:

I’m sure Sergio already has his own blog extolling the virtues of 9/11 conspiracy theories.

23. JD_ says:

Really good on ya, Robert. Congratulations.

Consider any ‘n’ all media pillagin’ a badge of honour. Happens to the best of ‘em.

24. habsprospects says:

The injury was not really disclosed, he played through it last night, but didn’t take many faceoff, he might play for game #2 on Wednesday.

25. VancouverHab says:

Well done, SF: I just hope that this doesn’t mean that you are removing your leavening influence from the comments sections?

26. SeriousFan09 says:

Thanks Dave, although as I would like to say once again, the siterunner of Habs Prospects is huge help for the KHL/NCAA, it’s a lot of help for these updates and reports.

Don’t forget to check them out folks if you want to go find your own dark horse in the system to look after.

27. petrov14 says:

Good Job SF09!!

I always enjoyed you minor leauge reports but now I wont have to catch them by accident in the comments section.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

28. Dave Stubbs says:

Superb work by Robert. I will guarantee you right now that your research is going to be pillaged by many media in Montreal, and probably beyond. I hope they’ll give credit where it’s due for the terrific work.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

29. ooder says:

my little brother is by no means a pessimist or a troll or wtvr

but he just posted something really funny on fb that i wanted to share with u guys:

cant wait for habs game!!!!

when habs are playing can’t wait till it finishes!!! :~”

haha pretty funny for a 13 year old

——————

88 is the new 23

30. linp says:

Excellent news. I have been following only the BullDogs. Now I can find out how the others are developing. Great!

What happened to Louis Leblanc? Is he injuried? He is not playing tonight of the Q vs the Russian.

31. Keith says:

Good stuff SF09 and very thorough work as well. I’m looking forward to reading more about our prospects and hoping for the future.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time with Robert at last weekend’s Summit.  He’s a class act who adds so much to our site.

Robert always takes the high road as he views the Habs through a glass half full.  A lesson to be learned for all of us.

All the best, our fine, young friend.

Steve & Joan

33. Hockey Socks says:

Congrats! I keep up with how the prospects are doing regularly, so your features will be of great interest to me!

On Kristo: The sophomore slump is more prevalent in the NCAA than in any other hockey league. He’s a good player and he’ll pick it up.

34. ooder says:

nerd!

haha jk jk.. congrats man..

it’s about time  :)

——————

88 is the new 23

What? Everlasting1 doesn’t get his own feature blog to report his Halak updates? What a rip-off!!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

This is great stuff SF09. I look forward to these reports. So much more refreshing looking towards the future than the past.

36. diehardhab says:

Great news for SF09!

Now lets get Timo a feature!!

The torch be yours to hold it high!

37. Everlasting1 says:

Nothing like some 20 yr old blogger extolling worldly wisdom and vast knowledge to someone twice his age. Let the big boys field the big questions. Stick to hockey, aiight?

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

38. Everlasting1 says:

Yea, never seen such bias coverage in all my days.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

39. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

we’ll continue this after the VAN/BOST/PHILLY fiasco, debacle! (i really hope it isn’t)

cheers!

40. Xtrahabsfan says:

If the Habs can and I doubt they can,they better toughen up for Vancouver tomorrow…cus it’s gonna be a ruff one!

41. Bill J says:

NO – in fact you are 100% wrong.  NO 2 team have the same etc etc as no two people are alike.

What you define as being the same, is a BS lamo position YOU choose to wish for the Habs.

Every single team has an animal on Defence…. ???? LMFAO – Yes please go on, name all 29 TYVM.

First team I looked at disproved your centreman theory, Minnesota doesn’t have ONE forward taller then 6’2″

So yeah 100% NON-Accurate.

At least check your BS before posting it, or your a un-educated “so-called” professor.

42. Bill J says:

LMFAO Tony! – same loser new name.

43. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

every single NHL team except ours, has a 4th line composed of sluggers/fighters & grit specialists.

every single NHL team except ours, has an animal on defense (Phaneuff/Chara/Prongers) shall I go on???

every single NHL team except ours, has a top 2 line centreman over 6′ 4″ tall that can hit and play hockey.

now those 3 sentences are at least 90% accurate…and thats my point…made.

44. Bill J says:

OK Mr “find it difficult to state the obvious”

do tell…

What two teams in the NHL have the SAME 4th line

or the SAME top 6

or the SAME D-Corps.

Bonus question: when was the last time a TRUCULENT team won the Cup ?

45. TomNickle says:

He’s been Holmgren’s, and doing well at it.

46. Storm Man says:

I can’t stand the Cowboys but Mangini would be a great coach for the team. I don’t know if he can be JJ’S puppet.

47. TomNickle says:

Jonathan Joseph coming back keeps the game close I think.

48. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

I find it difficult to ignore the obvious… thats my opinion and you don’t have to agree with my comment.

but you will watch 82 games (again) and then come to the conclusion that i’ve put before you now, at the start.

49. Storm Man says:

I have the Steelers by 13. TO hope you have the popcorn ready.

50. TomNickle says:

I think Eric Mangini would be the perfect fit for the Cowboys.

51. TomNickle says:

Steelers, by a field goal.

Al Davis really isn’t a mystery.  He drafts ridiculous athletes, about a third of them turn into good NFL players.

He takes no more risk from a football ops standpoint than anybody else.  Business on the other hand(like where he selects the players he does) is something else all together.

52. SeriousFan09 says:

Great meeting you as well Steve, that was the best couple of nights out I’ve had in a very long time.

53. andrewberkshire says:

I figured, you jack@$$

54. Bill J says:

Hmmm..

Hockeysfuture dissagree’s and agree’s lol (the link has it as Emelin, but the page has it as Yemelin)

thus my question.

I believe it is Yemelin.

Even the Habs official site has it that way.

55. andrewberkshire says:

I think that’s a pretty good idea, Bill. How many times have certain posters gone off the deep end with offensive comments only to be cleaned up by mods right away, and then the evidence to ban them is gone. It’s too much work for the mods to manually keep track of who to report back on to Boone or Stubbs.

56. Storm Man says:

JJ and Al Davis same family tree Im thinking. Who you have for MNF?

57. Bill J says:

For a professor (or self pro-claimed one) you sure lack education.

There are NO two teams in the entire NHL that have the same 4th line, or the same top 6, or the same D-Corps.

Keep cheering for truculence… I hear there’s a team about a 6-7 hour drive west of Montreal that deals in Truculence…

Oh yeah – they are scaaaaaaryyy…

58. TomNickle says:

I don’t think Jerry Jones was happy this morning.

How does he promote the guy who’s been the problem?

59. TomNickle says:

Just messin around.

60. Storm Man says:

Robert I for one thank you for all that great insighful comments you post on here. Now if we can get you to understand football better ;). Great UFA pick-up Boone this one know’s his hockey.

61. andrewberkshire says:

Wha?

62. TomNickle says:

Aw….you’re such a cute little whipper snapper.

63. Bill J says:

on this note (sorry to hijack your post, but it is pertinent to your thought)

Instead of DELETING these posts…. Why not EDIT them… IE

THIS POST WAS RULED INAPPROPRIATE, PLEASE CEASE THIS TYPE OF POSTING IF YOU WISH TO AVOID A BAN!

This way the “powers that be” who have banning powers can SEE who needs to be banned.

By deleting posts, all your doing is hiding the trolls and allowing them to keep trolling.

64. habsprospects says:

Emelin is the translation letter by letter, Yemelin is more like how you pronounce it.

65. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

whats the matter? the truth hurts?…we are probably the softest team in the league…nobody has a 4th line like ours, nobody has a top 6 like ours, and nobody has a d-corps like ours…

like what?……’not intimidating’

speed/finesse/passing/shooting/goaltending we are above average.

intimidation factor = we are dead last.

66. andrewberkshire says:

Thanks a bunch Steve, and just so you know, I like my elders more than people my age 98% of the time. More interesting to talk to.

67. TomNickle says:

Screw you Andrew.

68. Bill J says:

OK question.

Is it Yemelin

or

Emelin.

???

69. SeriousFan09 says:

I know where he plays, but I wasn’t prepared to cover him until his stats bumped or I had a request. Greg Pateryrn with University of Michigan is my next addition if he keeps getting points.

70. TomNickle says:

As for respecting my elders, I always have.  Just promise you won’t drop any Rocket references on me.

71. Bill J says:

Oh I thought yours was the one who copied & pasted TrollParts’s questionable post.

Cuz there was one of those here that was deleted too…

All good now, the MODS got it.

Double :)

72. PrimeTime says:

no, that was mine that got deleted as i did copy & paste. I’m glad some the trolls posts were deleted but a review should be done to consider an IP ban as has been requested to Boone.

73. larisalapointe says:

haha, no I’m just a victim of circumstance. Wrong place, wrong time.
    The irony is that being a woman, his comment didn’t bother me at all. When trolls bash the Habs that’s when I’m bothered. LOL

74. Mattyleg says:

What on earth are you doing to that poor moose?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

75. larisalapointe says:

Men like you have a severe fear of women. I’m secure in who I am.

76. larisalapointe says:

I’m waving bye-bye to the a-holes out there. :)

77. RJB says:

Grow up and get a life, find something better to do besides trolling around on a Habs site

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

78. larisalapointe says:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.It may consist of a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of the news group or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.

79. Everlasting1 says:

Ok, that’s borderline lol

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

80. larisalapointe says:

Are u replying to me or a deleted thread? Cuz there was nothing in my comment that repeated Manparts’ troll.

81. larisalapointe says:

Don’t know why my comment got deleted with Manparts still running around loose but again, congrats to SF for his educational comments and sense of humour. Grover/Old Spice ad. Still makes me LOL

82. Bill J says:

I think the fact that you copied & pasted didn’t help.

That’s like little Jonny telling his Mom his brother Randy said F-YOU, by using the same words himself.

Get my meaning ?  lol next time copy & paste it – but “Bleep” the defamatory words, and tell the mods the location of the post.

As the post in question did not come from this thread.

BTW – I just did that very thing, I hope the mods get it ASAP.

83. Bill J says:

MODS – Go visit the Boyd thread…. There is a post by TrollParts that when the rest of us complain about it, those posts get erased.

Trollparts should be banned.

I suspect another Tony clone…. He cited drinking Koolaid.

84. Everlasting1 says:

You’re like what.. pushing 60? At what point in your life do you stop being so square and stuffy? Lighten up.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

85. ManApart says:

Everyone know that any inflammatory comments that cross the line by that guy or any other impersonator is not by me.

86. kempie says:

They’re like cockroaches. Really tough to get em all.

87. Xtrahabsfan says:

Bill J ,to be honest it could be anyone on both sides on the fence who is stirring the pot and even tho I don’t like the use of the Troll branding on this site cause it eventually creates this kind of poster, the word UBERTROLL comes to mind…

88. DearyLeary says:

I’m really looking forward to watching Tinordi develop.  Younger players have had the benefit of much better training methods than the last two generations.  He’s big, and mean, and if his skating can be brought to an NHL level Montreal is looking at filling a huge (no pun intended) gap on their backend.

While Hal is a big boy, he’s a bit of a gentle Giant.  Tinordi loves to throw the body, and obviously isn’t afraid to drop the flippers.  I’m gonna have to get out to a Knights game sometime to take a look at his skills.

Have any of the locals been able to take in a Juniors game?  I’d love to know how Leblanc looks aside from great stats.

89. Bill J says:

LOL – took awhile but we finally agreed on somethin’ ;)

90. Xtrahabsfan says:

Dude,please chill-out …Your starting to sound like Dean Dalley,lol….   Are ya trying to start the HIO tea party?

91. Bill J says:

You know your a mega-troll when EVEN Xtrahabsfan tells you to chill out!

92. Xtrahabsfan says:

Lets see…if I was Colombo and I noticed that Manparts and Deandalley were both registered on this site less than 4 hours ago ,I’d see a connection and figure it could be the same hombre?

93. Robert L says:

Kudos for this, Robert. I’ll echo the sentiment that it is a long overdue feature and I’m pleased the site has added your talents.

94. Mr Dobby says:

This is sweet.

95. Mattyleg says:

Great stuff, SF09!

Have fun over there on The Dark Side.

;-)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

96. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Since first discovering, registering and occasionally commenting in HIO almost 2 years now, I had thought one interesting facet HIO lacked sorely was a formal dedicated blog/report on Our Habs’ future prospects …to follow not only Our Team’s current personnel, but also have ‘the fun’ of following those Players in Our system with hopes, desires, anticipation and stars-in-Their-eyes youngsters and Others knocking-on-the-door to makin’-the-show as a Montreal Canadien
    …I’ve reduced My participation in writing My own comments mostly because quite often the level of discussion of the Commentariat is quite often nutty, over-the-top, disrespectful or too often just ‘dumb’ …besides reading Boone, a normally entertaining and credible-read (…though Mike has His ‘dumb-ass moments’ too, …and as most certainly, so do I), I usually breeze-over most of the Usual-suspects to follow thoughts and the opinions of a select-few of Our commenters
    …one Commenter I always stop to give a read is Robert Rice (SeriousFan09) …I haven’t agreed with all of Robert’s opinions, but almost all are given with an intelligent, well-written, enthusiastic, objective and most-importantly, respectful style
    …in the last little while I noticed Robert providing prospect updates in the comments …while these understandably get lost when some leads have in excess of a 1000 comments, I thought Robert should have His own space in HIO so I don’t miss-out on the youngsters that are on My radar as a hopeful future Canadiens …About 10 days ago, I sent an e-mail to Boone with My proposal …one thing led to another, and lo-and-behold, here We are, with another facet We Haboholics need to get-through-another-day
    …seeing Robert’s first blog today, I feel satisfied …and I wish Robert this will be a satisfying beginning of developing Your Habs Future column into a rewarding future for Yourself
    …Hope Mike will give You in-time a dedicated banner header/link on the main page, so Your great information will be EASY to find at any time …and, ask Mike to arrange a free entrance/parking pass to the Bulldog’s games (…if Booner rates freebies in Molson Centre, and is allowed to hand Habs Players Their bars of soap while still in the shower …You should expect NO LESS !
    …You’re welcome…and all the best Robert

97. joeybarrie says:

Holy Moses SF….  So this is what you can do when you spend as much time as me looking up stats…. EXCEPT you are using them for good instead of evil…

Well done, I look forward to more.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

98. SeriousFan09 says:

Well hey, everyone knows the Dark Side has cookies.

99. SeriousFan09 says:

Thanks a ton for the support Chris, I look forward to making my contribution to this community with this opportunity and credit goes to you for getting the ball rolling.

100. Xtrahabsfan says:

Hey Christopher,hows it going?Hey …what’s the score gonna be tomorrow and How are the Canucks doing( man they got a nice team on paper),I should know but I’m all Hab hockey’d out.Take care my friend.

101. mike g says:

Nice job, Robert….

What did you do, get the HIO staff drunk at the summit and make them sign a contract forcing them to do this for you?

Either that, or times are hard at the Gazette and the big boss wanted to cut the payroll, so they were forced to hire you for a free ride..

Anyways, I was happy when I saw we’d be able to follow our prospects. But when I saw it was SeriousFan09 who was gonna be doing it, I got pissed.

They could have at least picked someone who doesn’t waste his time all day talking about PG, the Gomez contract, Jaro Halak and the Blues, and praising/awarding the Jack Adams to Guy Boucher already.

lol….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

102. Mattyleg says:

Not too crazy about that fight.

It looked okay, but the patting on the back at the end… I hate that.

Makes it seem so staged.

When I listened to Chris Nilan talk with…can’t remember… the radio guy. God, whatever. ANYWAY. Nilan said that he HATED the guys he fought against. And that’s what makes a good fighter. The passion. Not the punches.

Hopefully Tinordi will get the former going along with the latter.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

103. Habscat says:

Thanks for putting this together. Look forward to seeing some of these names in Montreal in the future!

http://stores.ebay.com/Gushue-Sports-Cards http://ronthecat.webs.com/

104. BJT says:

Hey SFO9,

May not remember me as I haven’t been posting much recently, been busy with school, volleyball, basketball, bike trips, all that stuff, but yeah, I definitely consider you to be one of the best posters on here, and congratz w/ the new position thinger, or whatever you wanna call it.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

105. light_n_tasty says:

See, SF09, I knew you should get paid for this prospect stuff! And already more comments than Stu Hackel!

106. Habitant in Surrey says:

…all’s good here My friend …how’s Your back ?

…when inspired We have a Team that can compete with anyone …but We will never get where We want without more size I am afraid …and the Canucks will be test I hope We ace …but not optimistic …though I believe We’re bigger, better, deeper than last season

…if Jaro was a necessary sacrificial, I wish Chicago was the dance partner, because they had more NHL-ready to trade

…looking at Chicago’s struggles, I bet they may regret not making an solid offer for Jaro

…i.e.; Ladd ? …Byfuglian ?

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

107. ManApart says:

Congrats Robert, look forward to reading how our future is developing as the year moves along.

108. B says:

Mark MacMillan was an interesting choice with their 2nd pick at the last draft. He had 26 goals and 54 assists playing in the BCHL last season for Alberni Valley (he played along side his undrafted older brother Mitch who scored 61 goals last season). Mark was listed at 150 lbs when he was drafted but has apparently bulked up to 160 lbs now :) He is playing for his home town of Penticton in the BCHL this season (Montreal’s suggested he not play for a rebuilding Alberni team this season) and he has committed to North Dakota in the NCAA next season. Mark is playing for Canada West at the World Junior A Challenge which is going on this week (coincidentally in Penticton). He scored two goals in 3rd period of their first game to force overtime, but they ended up loosing to Switzerland.

I also keep an eye on Brock Trotter in the KHL. I noticed that the Habs web site still has him listed among their prospects.

109. SeriousFan09 says:

Oh I’m not getting paid, just a humble contributor.

110. Xtrahabsfan says:

Byfuglian would of been a Hero in the C.H. ..PERFECT trade for Jaro(Eller not so good,ouch!)and ya,Me thinks we’re in for a drubbing.Thanks bout asking how I’m feeling and pretty good is my answer(Kids keep a person young….must make more :)

111. mike g says:

Just because I’m a nice guy, Rob…

I’m gonna point-out something you certainly noticed when crunching these stats together.

The Habs prospect with the most goals so far this year, by a large margin, is 5 foot 8 inches tall, and is lighter than my gf.

For a team that’s been crying for size for over a decade, we better hope he grows 7 inches this year, lol..

That, or at least we’ll have an A1 replacement for Gionta..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

112. ManApart says:

One day we will be unshackled from that former Senator regime. To that day, I look forward.

113. ManApart says:

I’ve been a big fan of DD since Cincy and would really like to see what he would be able to do in Gomez’s spot. It’s just that the team is so weak and small as it is. Maybe only if Gomez went down with an injury, we would see that. That little guy is tough.

114. mike g says:

I was talking about Brendan Gallagher, lol….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

115. ManApart says:

Ya, just got that. My comment still stands though. What is it and small forwards with this organization.

116. mike g says:

I think for the next 3 years they should have a policy of drafting kids 6 feet or taller, only…

That way if they fail, which would be a disaster, they could at least say they tried to adress our BIGGEST need.

Cant fault them for trying, right?….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

117. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I’m 65 …got 2 of My own, …12 & 15 years old

…just broke-up with My 18 year old girlfriend

…she was gettin’ a little long-in-the-tooth

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

118. SeriousFan09 says:

Gallagher’s my favourite underdog amongst all the Habs prospects right now, but he’s likely at least 4 years away from NHL action or so, by then there could be room for a pint-size scorer. I’m hoping he gets to at least 5’10” of course.

However for size, Engqvist, Leblanc, Avtsin, Pacioretty (not giving up on him), Palushaj and such are prospects for the 6′ or above element. Only 3 of the 12 skaters drafted in the last couple years are below the 6′ mark I’d add. Eller and Schultz, whatever people think of them are both above 6′ as well.

119. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ve actually added MacMillan to next week’s update now that he is definitely back from injury with the Penticton Vees and is playing with the World Junior A Challenge series.

Brock Trotter, I’ll see about adding him on but I sort of felt after him going to the KHL and the increased competition in Hamilton I don’t think he’s likely going to figure into the Habs future plans. But I am playing to the crowd here, it’s not that much work to add him in.

120. mike g says:

Yup…

So did you read my post below?

How did you pull this off?

And btw, since we reply to eachother often, you think you can get me, like a….um, lifetime membership to the site, or a HIO t-shirt, you know? Since you’re on the inside now….

lol

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

121. SeriousFan09 says:

Habitant in Surrey lobbied Boone about it, he emailed me about completing a weekly piece on the prospects, I  jumped at the chance and got to work putting together this report.

We did extend your membership to 2015 for now, we put the extra expense on HardHabit’s tab, we figure it’ll take him a while to notice. We would’ve done it to SmartDog but he’s so obsessed with numbers that the extra 7.3 per year on his dues might have alerted him.

122. mike g says:

Well then….

I’ll be 27 in 2015, perfect timing for my 12 year, 63 million$ extension…

Sounds good, I’ll let my agent know.

But, uh…A t-shirt? Or a magnet for my fridge?

Anything?

I’ll demand a traded if you don’t, Blues Inside/Out is looking for a big, young goalscorer..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

123. SeriousFan09 says:

Mike, my signing bonus was an autographed 8×10 of Dave Stubb’s bow tie, I don’t exactly have a lot of pull around here yet to do favours.

124. SmartDog says:

Thanks for not sticking me with the bill. Otherwise I’da had to trade someone for a bag of pucks to make cap room.

Good to see you at the Summit Robert.  Good report above.  I was interested in Gallagher as well…. had my eye on him from draft day.  The kid’s accomplished a lot and seems to have a similar attitude to PKS… the “I belong here and I’m going to do everything in my power to prove it” attitude.  Wish you could bottle that and get some of the other guys to drink it.  Not mentioning names….

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

125. tanhaa says:

nice..

but this is very similar to what habsindepth.com has been doing.. They do their prospect reports and give three stars to weekly prospects along with their seasonal record.

nice idea nonetheless.. more we get to read on our prospects, the better it is.

126. Xtrahabsfan says:

Lol,I’ll be turning 52 and my misses is 28″Lil Knock-out!” and I’m sure the first thing she thinks of when she first opens her eye’s and looks at me every morning  is”Shit I ‘ve got pink eye again”…

127. newfiehab999 says:

I have to wait until Feb 1 to see Gallagher here in The Hat.  Can’t wait.

Thanks for the updates SeriousFan09.  I look forward to more.

128. Mattyleg says:

Yes, but WE have it now!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

129. Mattyleg says:

This is very cool. Check the vid.

(bit off topic, I know, but still…)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

What’s this extra 7.3 on my Visa bill?

131. andrewberkshire says:

Look closer, that’s just an average! This bill it’s actually 8.00.

132. OneTimer says:

Also off-topic, a guy from Montreal just won the WSP. “The moment the river turned over and the win was final — Duhamel’s
    cheering section, all dressed in Montreal Canadiens jerseys — went
    hysterical. Duhamel immediately jumped into their arms and was
    hoisted up in the air to crowd surf while his friend screamed out
    “Ole’s” in celebrations.” Sweet!

$8.9M in prize money! O_O

133. Habitant in Surrey says:

…just verifying My egalitarian penchant to be as ‘dumb-ass’ and distasteful as the next guy Stephen ;))
    …by the way, can You imagine BOTH PK & Byguglian on Our D ??? …Oh, Lord, …Kum ba yah !!!

134. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I think You hit a home-run Robert …glad for You …and, like I said, …You are most welcome

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

135. nightmare_49 says:

SF09 – Well done. This has been something thats been lacking on this site from the get go and having your feature we will be able to access your info easily rather than it being lost in the childish chatter on the thread.

Keep it objective and without agenda, in other words the opposite of RM, and it will be a sure success, Great Stuff.

136. nightmare_49 says:

via Dmitry Chesnokov:

Dinamo Minsk has the highest average attendance of 9356, Spartak Moscow has the lowest of 2621 per game. #KHL

137. SeriousFan09 says:

Once again, thanks for all the kind words, and as per suggestion I’ve already incorporated tidy tables and complete stats for next week’s update along with tracking C Dustin Walsh with Dartmouth College Big Green.

138. B says:

I wasn’t suggesting you add those guys, just sharing some of my thoughts. Your interesting and informative article is already very large and covers a lot of players. Don’t feel you have to wear out your fingers and type in stats every week for every one.
    Habs Prospects already provides very detailed prospect stats.
    The “what they did last week” stats are nice to see. Perhaps a summary table of your selected prospects might be easier to maintain and read? I like the idea of a weekly article to capture your thoughts and to provide a spot for keeping the discussion on prospects together as opposed to having them dispersed randomly through out the many other articles here. Good work!

Trotter may end up drifting further off the radar like Perezhogin (who is also still listed among the prospects on the Habs web site).

139. SeriousFan09 says:

I was planning on adding MacMillan if he got back into action and his path to UND has him on my radar as that’s a top hockey program, he’s a project player but NCAA allows the Canadiens to hold onto his rights longer and take advantage of that without having to sign him too early.

I’ve created a more refined version of this update on my blog as well with cleaner, tabled stats as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

Does Habs future include Martin and Gauthier? (please say no)

141. linp says:

If I were Brendan Gallagher, I would try to find out how to gain
    another 2″ and 30 lbs. I know that Messi was very small but Barca picked
    him up and fed him well to get him to at least the current size. The
    stats shows that
    Brendan must be a very good goal scorer.

142. SeriousFan09 says:

Gallagher needs to add a new level to his skating is the primary concern, from reports he has the drive for the net, he has no problem going that way and doesn’t let himself get pushed to the perimeter game. I hope he gains a couple inchs of course, one report had he’s now up to 5’9″. He’ll need to work on his shot of course, as good as his scoring is, what works in juniors doesn’t always work in the NHL.

143. JF says:

Congrats, SF09!  Really good work and a valuable addition to HIO.

I am not sure about this. SeriousFan09 has talent but he’s a young kid albeit a top-tier prospect. I still think he needs some time in the minors here at HIO posting more comments to work on his skills. Isn’t he being rushed into the spotlight? I mean what if he has too much pressure to perform and comes up firing blanks and we lose him to BluesInsideOut and then he develops into a first line blogger. I hope Boone knows what he’s doing and doesn’t ruin the kid.

145. secretdragonfly says:

Congratulations, Robert – this stuff is gold.

146. kempie says:

This is a sweet addition to this place. Thank you Rob, your contribution and all your work is appreciated.

147. Omit says:

You didn’t have to say that.  I think we all knew.

148. Bill J says:

I believe ya….  Although I do not necessarily agree with your opinions, you (as far as memory serves) have never crossed the line that “Trollparts” crossed last night.

149. Bill J says:

Dude you have no idea…. So keep your comments to yourself.

When a poster states his sexual fantasies about women using unflattering terms, it crosses the line.

150. SlovakHab says:

One of my favourite posters!

Keep up the good work, SF09!

151. Propwash says:

Congrats SF09!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

152. SeriousFan09 says:

Shout out to Habitant in Surrey for lobbying Boone to have my feature put up at Habs I/O and thanks once again to Mike Boone for choosing to feature my work.

153. punkster says:

Good info Robert. I’ll look forward to these summaries. Thanks!

154. StevieRay says:

A great report.Welcome aboard !

155. LA Loyalist says:

Big congrats to Robert, but he’ll always be Serious to us.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

156. Magg says:

Great work, looking foward to keeping tabs on the young guns!

157. Danno says:

Way to go SF!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

158. WarHero says:

Congrats SF09 :) Great work!

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

159. SeriousFan09 says:

I should add a correction, D Yannick Weber had 6G, 4A as of last week, can’t believe I missed that.

160. habsprospects says:

get paid? you’re kidding, right?