Multimedia: Habs, Price blank Hurricanes

Carey Price

Canadiens goalie Carey Price before a media mob immediately after his 13th career NHL shutout.
Stubbs video capture

Audio and video from the Canadiens dressing room and head coach Jacques Martin’s news briefing following the Habs’ 4-0 shutout win over the Carolina Hurricanes.

1. Habitant in Surrey says:

…and, speaking of Ian, I really think a coach of a Team like Our’s that has kept Our Ship afloat through some very testing depletion of available Player resources should be respected and not denigrated as certain people here have flung in reference to Jacques Martin
    …a couple years ago I made a strong case why Guy Boucher should replace Jacques Martin …I won’t re-hash My arguments, but I have not changed My opinion
    …ironically, at that time, My opinion was very different than Ian’s
    …the fact of the matter is We let Guy Boucher walk and he is now contracted to a competitor’s team …c’est la vie !
    …but, during that time I also noted Jacques Martin was a ‘better than average’ NHL Coach …with Boucher unavailable today in Our equation, I simply do not identify a better available Coach for Our Montreal Canadiens than Our current Coach, Jacques Martin
    …many of His strategies and Player usages mystifies Me, but I think He deserves respect for the many positive accomplishments with the talent-level available during the past couple seasons
    …in My opinion, some of the crude language to describe Jacques Martin recently is contemptible and reflects some of Your own limited hockey credibility

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

2. Curtis O Habs says:

Take the high road and retire Gomez. Retire, while you may still be reflected upon as a class act.

3. Habitant in Surrey says:

…if every other team played like the ‘Canes, Ian should start now organizing the logistics for the parade once You summiteers are released from the Hôtel Palais de Justice holding cells following Your drunk & disorderly prosecutions
    …the Bulldogs may be going through a season to forget, but I was very impressed with Frederic St. Denis …and have been very impressed as well with Weber, Diaz and Emelin so far all season
    …other teams must be salivating how Montreal keeps coming up with such excellent 2-way D …at some point, especially IF Markov returns and His knee stands-up, We will have an overabundance of same, and so many are ‘keepers’ …shutting-out an NHL team with such a young band-aid D is either embarrassing to the ‘Canes, or, in My opinion, a reflection of the potential of these young Men
    …tough choices by Pierre Gauthier are inevitable …really tough to decide Whom stays or goes …but for some other envious team, possibly a golden opportunity via a trade for a promising forward in a system needing high-end offensive-D men
    …as for the personal-side of things, think how disappointed/discouraged someOne like a Diaz or Emelin will feel if sent down to the AHL
    …yup, really some tough-choices ahead
    …meanwhile, a Big Bravo to PK, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz, St. Denis and Josh Gorges
    …AND, Carey wasn’t too shabby either :) , was He ?

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

4. slychard says:

Not only was Cole waving at Gomez he was telling him to get back to the bench after sitting for the obligatory too many men penalty. Classic.

5. montreal ace says:

There are so many good things to say about the win tonight, this happy fan does not know where to start.

6. Say Ash says:

Can’t believe Emelin wasn’t one of the three stars

7. Trisomy 21 says:

Other good news, I just saw that Gallagher has signed an entry level contract with the Habs. Let’s hope the Bulldogs season stays alive long enough to have Tinordi + Gallagher help them out at the end of the year.

8. This video might be even better than the win tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sENT9-kXpEo&feature=youtu.be

______________________________
    Seriousfan09 has started a Movember team named McPhee’s Irregulars. Donate to him, or me or the team to raise money for a great cause!

9. habsblood82 says:

Gomez is the worst player on this team. The kids have heart and it shows. last call for gomez. Send him to the bulldogs! lets see if he can produce with the kids.I say his out of the lineup by xmas.. keeping him makes no sense

• habsblood82 says:

44 games on the top lines and the PP’S without a goal??? its bad when Hall Gill outscores you lol Why are they keeping him?A team that sent Patrick Roy packing in the blink of an eye…

10. slychard says:

Let’s not forget, for Emelin it’s more then getting used to north American rink dimensions, he has to get acclimated to all the players and their tendencies, IE; does this player cut to the middle entering the zone or head for the corner, is he physical or soft, puck handler, fast, all things he will learn by playing and can put into practice on the second go ’round, not to mention the type of team mentality we all take for granted because we’ve been watching them all for years. It’s all new to him. He’s also getting used to his teammates and coaches at a linguistic disadvantage. I like what I see,( unlike a hole PJ Stock on AC ) he’s a keeper. Great win. Wish I was there for summit, maybe next year. Have fun y’all!!!!!

11. ProHabs says:

Was listening to L’Antichambre tonight and they mentioned the Chicago Blackhawks put someone on waivers today. Didn’t catch the name of who it was. Looked on TSN to see if I could find anything about it. Do any of you know who it was.

12. price better not start the next game

shaker

13. kmachabs27 says:

da boys are 7-2-1 in there last 10 letss take er easyyy on the bashing

14. Neutral says:

Habs are not quitters – they’re winners and it’s nice to see – great team game tonight guys.

15. jgraves33 says:

Nice win, and great to see Price get his first SO of the season as well as PK getting his first goal. Hopefully that takes a load off of his mind and he can keep scoring!

To you from failing hand we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

16. habsblood82 says:

I can’t watch Gomez anymore.. he’s so lost out there. If he’s without the puck he doesn’t create or try to get open. He can’t even hit the net from 30′ .times up time to get rid of him. Ahl? I’m all for it no team wants him.habs can afford to .

• Shane1313 says:

I feel bad for Gomer, I really do. I always stuck by him through his rough year, last year. And I think it really affected him. I think it’s gotten in the way of his game big time. That pressure, even though he acts like it’s fine, is too much. I just want him to get a goal, just to ease him a bit. I don’t know what place he has here and I don’t care how much money he makes. I feel bad and I hope he plays what he is worth. Which to me has always been around 4 mil. What he was making was an overpayment by soomeone else and I won’t fault Gomer for that. I’m 100% behind him, I just hope he can find a way to play somewhat like he used to(which isn’t anything extraordinary). But I like the guy still.

• Say Ash says:

Are you kidding? He served the bench minor very well. Knew where to sit. Knew where the door was. He also had as many assists as Carey Price, so there!

17. sane hockey fan says:

3 points out of the division lead with 64 games left…still wanna blow the entire organization up?

18. JohnBellyful says:

Tonight TSN asked the question that’s occupied HIO posters for months: What to do with Scott Gomez. I didn’t think much of the first three choices, but I liked the fourth:
    1.) Buy him out
    2.) Bury him on the fourth line
    3.) Bury him in the AHL
    4.) Bury him
    Actually, barium might be the answer, to find out the cause of his choking, or where exactly is the lead lodged in his lower digestive system

19. sims says:

so does carey sit or play tomorrow?

20. Carolina is pretty horrible. I feel bad for Cam Ward. On the other hand, maybe fans will start realizing how good this team we have is. Riddled with injuries and still dominating. 7-2-1 in the last 10.

______________________________

• twocents says:

… and young!

• Bill says:

We don’t even really know what this team looks like. I want AK, Markov, Gill, Spacek, and Campoli back – pretty much in that order – and then we’ll see what we’ve really got.

I am still doubting DD as the number two centre, if we’re being honest.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Well DD isn’t really the #2 center, but I have my doubts as well. Right now Eller is getting the #2 matchups, and Gomez helped him out a bit in that area tonight.

If Desharnais can keep his faceoff stats strong I wouldn’t mind him being pushed down to 4th line C to add offense to every line.

______________________________

• HardHabits says:

Eller played wing tonight and only took one draw. Plex took most, DD second, Gomez 3rd, Nokia 4th.

Conclusion. Tonight DD was #2 center.

• Gomez was taking faceoffs but playing wing. Eller was still taking all the defensive responsibilities.

______________________________

• Habfan4lfe says:

Eller played half as long as Plekanec. Eller is a better center than a winger. Plekanec lost as many faceoffs as he won. DD also lost as many faceoffs as Plekanec. DD was again pretty good tonight. Neither DD or Plekanec however got more than 2 shots on net but DD got an assist.

• HardHabits says:

Even still. DD took more face-offs (17) than Gomiss (10) and had more ice time. You can’t say that a player who takes 10 draws all night and then plays wing is a #2 centre.

• Yes you can, easily. It’s all about deployment. # of faceoffs means jack. Gomez also had more ES ice time in a game where JM basically rolled 4 lines.

______________________________

• Mr. Biter says:

Andrew, DD is our 3rd. leading scorer and 2nd leading scoring center. What more do you want him to do fight Chara?

Mr. Biter

• I’d like him to be a better player who isn’t just riding percentages and relying on his linemates. You guys need to realize that it isn’t about bashing, it’s about reality. Desharnais plays 3rd line minutes at ES with 1st wave PP time. He’s in a situation most NHLers would kill for. At ES Cole is covering his defensive responsibilities so he gets to focus 100% on offense, but he’s still not generating a lot of shots. He’s just not as good of a player as his numbers make him look.

______________________________

• Mr. Biter says:

Say we swithch Gomez with DD would that make his linemates better or worse?

Mr. Biter

• On the PP worse, at ES better.

______________________________

• Shane1313 says:

Right we don’t, but what we’re seeing lately has been promising and by the team gets a little healthier, we’ll see where were really at!

And I am the same way. In no way am I bashing DD..but he’s the beneficiary of two great linemates. I prefer Eller, but still like what DD has done.

21. C_exacte says:

We were in the playoffs for like half an hour, damn you Devils!!!

22. RJB says:

This bodes well for our summit participants!! Happy for all those going! Hell I’m happy myself because we freakin dominated tonight!

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

• JohnBellyful says:

I’m a bit concerned we’re leaving some of the Summiteer stuff to the last minute, like who will be getting letters painted on the bellies so when the HNIC cameras pan our section, eight guys stand up and lift their sweaters so all of Canada can read … BOO HAGGS ????
      Dammit, I told you we need practice!!!

23. Marc10 says:

Knowing it’s a back to back and a weak team – full marks.

Great effort and congrats to St Denis on making it to the Show. Pretty amazing achievement considering where he came from… and you know what, the kid can play in the League. I wish him a long run.

24. What a Great Freakin Night!

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

25. JohnBellyful says:

And if the two help the Habs prevail, they’ll end the game with a W.

26. JohnBellyful says:

I think I’ve read somewhere that women don’t reach their sexual prime until they’re 65. When’s the next high school reunion?

27. JIMVINNY says:

pretty sure it’s 35. Which is actually a point of multiple conversations between my wife and I. I’m more than a decade past mine, while she’s still a decade away from hers. What’s to be done?