Multimedia: Players, coach talk about Shootout loss

GorgesDec6

Carey Price’s stall in the Canadiens’ dressing room at the Bell Centre is directly opposite a board showing Eastern Conference standings.
He sees the Canadiens out of a playoff spot, and “it’s eating me alive.”

Audio: Jacques Martin

1. HABZ24 says:

wish a playered be honest and say ya the markov situAtions a big distraction we hate the kitty bar the door style trap shit and we want a new passionate offensive style cosch

2. HABZ24 says:

i laugh when i see players video comments after a game just once id like to see a player tell it like it really is. ” ya we tanked out there on purpose because were tryin to get the. coach fired “

3. redgorf says:

un canadien errant
    Bettman here’s the best change for o/t

1- 4 men play first goal game over
    2- looser zero point.
    99% of games woul’nd last ten minutes.
    then you would the cream come to the top and end it .

4. ont fan says:

Yes let’s fire the coach and GM and hire?

5. 44har48 says:

I just can’t watch this crap anymore…If I truly thought this bunch of guys were this short on talent I could live with these results – like I have for many years before when our talent level was way down. They do have several shortcomings, but this style of Hockey is not only boring and dreadful to watch, and it does not match the style of players we have. Nothing that has not been said on here thousands of times.

As a passionate fan of the Habs for many years, I’m just really f%^&#ng tired of watching this group underachieve because of a poor outdated gameplan and utter misuse of players. The kicker for me is that our GM is just a stupid, endorsing this crap he sees nightly. Are these guys so egotistical and/or naive that they think or can’t admit they are pushing a style of play that doesn’t work for these players in this NHL?

How the hell do so many of us and the other teams’ broadcasters see this plainly, and these guys do not?????

• nunacanadien says:

I completely agree! When Gauthier fired Pearn and JM did not stick to his five on five, you could see Subban and others skate around and use their talents. With JM and his five on five defensive style, how can a goal scorer like Cammy be expected to stick to his spot on the ice? He isn’t. He’s gonna be pushed away from his defensive formation like the Bruins did to us and each team since the playoffs know especially the Sabres that the Habs are a one trick pony. beat the five on five defensive formation and you with the game. Time to fire JM. If only the coach could get an upper body injury and not be forced to coach, or if we could send the coach up to the rafters…..

6. Feraco says:

If this room is so happy then I doubt they have much of an issue with Martin. Martin would be in the room at times as well no? But the chemistry this team has has been built from Martin as well…but it looks like thats as far as he can take them.

It’s the same crap system…carry the puck to the outside dump it deep or throw it randomly on net. They don’t cycle because they are too small and rarely is there a pass in the middle for a “high percentage” shot.

Every team is so big now with players that can skate. They keep all this guys on the outside…it’s a snoozer to watch and it looks like they fall asleep as well.

What this system does do is develop some good D. Emelin is awesome, Diaz solid, Gorges needs to be signed as breaking up that 2 on 1 was epic. Weber is lost. I’m actually excited for Campoli or Spach no doubt those 2 healthy would help.

Unfortunately so many D get injured. They are small and get forechecked hard leading to presumedly injury. Or massive bad luck.

Hard to say what to do…I doubt a new coach would have a massive impact…but Cammy is lost. Makes no body contact he must be hurt. He has too much skill not to produce.

Lucky to get a point. And vs Columbus of all teams. Just add them to the list of Anaheim, NYI…

7. HABZ24 says:

why do we play good agAinst the good teams and bad against the bad teams ? ud figure if we gave the same effort we did vs pitt or san jose or philly we,d crush jackets or islanders but noooo. i just dont get it

8. WindsorHab-10 says:

Right now I’ll take Yuppie over JM.
    Just fire the bum.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

9. habs001 says:

at least both the leafs and bruins also lost but the leafs played in new york yest and still got a point…..the biggest difference between us and the bruins is that they have a d corp that can pinch and keep the puck in the oppositions zone and they have 5 d who can punish you and win more battles on the board than loose…swiss hockey has improved but the number of swiss d that has been able to play in the nhl has been miniscule compared to other major countries yet we have 2 on our team?…

10. habsolutely416 says:

only real solution is JM goes. the players that had any value at 1 point in their careers have contracts that are pretty much unmovable because of their poor play so far this year. gomez, gionta, cammy, spacek. plekanec is a good player and i like him but there are too many fringe players on this team, trading him would bring in a player/players that this team is in need of. hard to believe that trading AK46 would be a bad move right now. JM gets fired some time tomorrow.. place your bets lol.
    ill be in the slot ;)

11. habs001 says:

There have been personal changes on the last 190 games but the team has remained at the same pace in goal scoring and overall performance…the team has shown no improvement and for this reason alone there has to be a change in coaching…the only excuse to not winning tonight would have been that their goalie stopped over 40 shots and we hit a couple of goal posts….i am still not fully sold on maxpac or eller but there is no doubt for me that trading pk would be the biggest mistake…pk will become the type of d you need to become an elite team….

12. yet another frustrating game. I guess this westcoast fella will wear his bag of shame on thursday, here in la la land, surrounded by canucks..life is tough for a canadiens fan. Head down, meek voice….
    similar to the weak excuses we gather from our coach and captain… we await the temperature for thursday’s match…hope emelin punishes one of them sundin brothers…please make my evening…if this result against columbus is any indication of effort…i will have to rely on the finer points, rather than the eventual outcome, as Vancouver is running on more cylinders than our squad, hands down…we need more intensity, confidence, goals, and price to stand on his head, yet again.

13. Habsolutely says:

why is everyone so worried? the habs are inching their way into the playoffs one point at a time.

14. jhab93 says:

It’s eating me alive too. Seems this teAm doesn’t try until the last minute on most games I’ve watched

15. SlovakHab says:

I blame Carey Price for our position in the standings….
    without him, we’d have such a great shot at Nail Yakupov.

16. Castor says:

Since no one will ever stop going to Habs game you know what to do? Don’t buy Molsons

I hate to say I told you so but… I told you so.

18. bellcentre hotdog says:

8 regulation wins in 28 games so far.

Just 1 regulation win in their last 8 games.

I read often that the team is mediocre … But those stats imply that this year’s Habs are far worse than mediocre.

Wasn’t it totally awesome timing for Molson to come out and say he has a team on the ground to be successful?

20. deuce6 says:

You know what is really sad about that LeBlanc interview? His hair is dry as a bone….JM had him riding the pine and playing just over 4 minutes tonight…

Just put him back in Hamilton for Christ sakes before JM ruins this kid too….

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

21. habstrinifan says:

I want to open by stating my due gratitude, respect, and appreciation for Bonne’s work in providing us with his blog and staffing this site. Without this life as a habs fan would be lonely and frustrating. I can come to this site and vent and pretend that I can affect the guidance of MY team.

It is against that backdrop then that I read with disbelief the comment in his review following the west coast trip.

“Name one player playing at anything less than his potential.”

It would definitely be one of the saddest periods in the long history of this franchise if EVERY PLAYER ON THE SQUAD is playing to their potential and this is the result.

I would suggest to you that many many players are playing below their potential, except those like Gill.

Sorry Boone. I cant help but feel that you would take that line back if you could.

22. Aaron13 says:

Name your price for 2 season’s tickets.

23. TOP DAWG says:

opps

“If you’re not the TOP DAWG, the view never changes”

24. CranbrookEd says:

What does it take to motivate self-centered millionaires to actually earn their money . . . most of us have to perform everyday while at work and are not cut any slack . . .

CranbrookEd
    Mr. Beliveau: “Pure Pak mais oui”! . . . What ever happened to Johnny Jelly-Bean!?

25. The Dude says:

Y A K U P O V

Y A K U P O V

Y A K U P O V

26. Castor says:

I’ve disliked Martin’s style since preseason ’09 for goodness sake. It’s basically “Hope my goaltender plays his head off because I don’t like when my team scores or hits”

It’s driving me freaking crazy.

When things were going downhill with Carbo you could tell that, fundamentally, it was a TEAM problem. The room just wasn’t right anymore. This is not a team problem. Price himself has said numerous times it’s the best room he’s ever been in. Cole praised the room. The team has TALENT. With a coach that has a pre-lockout mentality and does NOT KNOW how to use this talent. PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING.

• Castor says:

Yes, I know I’m exaggerating Martin’s coaching style.
      The truth, from my eyes, is that he preaches a defense first that doesn’t work in today’s NHL. Even when they were winning it was by scoring on 18 shots while the opposing team was nearing 50. How does a ‘puck possession’ team never have the puck?
      THE BLUE JACKETS? In our own home? He’s gotta go.
      Replace him with Cunnyworth or find another minor league coach somewhere. Get Pierre Maguire over Gautier or whoever. Just someone who knows that hockey has changed since the lockout.

I wish Molson read these boards.

• Jocko says:

Totally agree, Castor. I believe the team has the talent to be so much better but Martin is just not getting the results. The thing that drives me crazy is the constant line juggling!! Players are creatures of habit and enjoy consistency (there are exceptions, looking at you Scammy!). When I was a kid, line juggling like that of the Count was nonexistent! Who is out there, maybe Carlyle? I don’t know, but JM has got to go to salvage this season!

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

• the gonk says:

Here here! Or is that hear hear?

We (the royal we) were lucky we got a point. That and Carey Price. Against the last-place team in the league at home. I can’t take it anymore. Really.

PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING. Absolutely right.

27. Da Hema says:

If the Habs can just hire Cliff Fletcher, then our transformation into the Toronto Maple Leafs will be complete.

28. TOP DAWG says:

It was a sad day when the Molsons bought this team

“If you’re not the TOP DAWG, the view never changes”

• Un Canadien errant says:

It was a great day when they bought the team, I feared that Mr. Gillett might become the carpetbagger I always thought he was. He surprised me, he was decent, but I never really trusted.

The Molsons will be good, benevolent owners, as they were in the past. The organization still has to claw its way out of the Réjean Houle years, and in competition with 29 other teams. Give it time.

The last thing I want is for Geoff Molson to become George Steinbrenner and think he can run the team himself.

———————————
      How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

BTW. The Habs are 6 games under 500.

The skewering loser point. Hahaha. Habs fans have become duped. Make the play-offs anything can happen. Over time losses are really ties.

Habs are playing .393 hockey.

30. WindsorHab-10 says:

Thank God for Carey Price because where would this team be without him? He’s the only player that brings his A-game each & every night. Yes he let in a soft one but we can’t expect him to carry us all the time. It’s a damn shame that we are the worst home team in the league and there’s only one person to blame and that’s JM. Enough is enough already, show him the front door & lets go on.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

• Castor says:

I mean SERIOUSLY? Enough is enough already. Since day one of the season the team has been dreadful. They went on minor stretches where they beat, for the most part, teams that were struggling. (Boston at the beginning of the season. Carolina… the one blip was the Rangers blanking and I have no idea how they did that)

It’s driving me freaking crazy.

31. billylove says:

Tired of saying, “at least we got a point.” But, what the hell else can be said, “at least we got a point.”

32. habsolutely416 says:

losing to 1 of the leagues bottom feeders in your own barn, not good. could this be it for JM? 1 thing is for sure, this team needs a shake up. we`re past the “its still early” b.s. its time for results.

ill be in the slot ;)

33. smiler2729 says:

The Habs officially suck.

So what’s the ghost gonna do about it?
    Get another Petteri Nokawhatever?

Ahhhh, F… it!

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards sucks chowdah chunks

34. Storm Man says:

Oh Mr Molson did you watch the game tonight?? Please tell me again how happy you are with lord martin I’m f..king pissed we lost to the last place team at home….

• The Dude says:

To be honest Martin is only as good as what Gainey ,Timmons and Gauthier have served up ….AND add in Jeff Molson ” the king of beer that taste like what I’m guessing urine taste like!” and you have The Mother of all Hockey Hangovers for losers.Bring the Yote’s to Quebec City and put a beating to this ship o fools til the changes are made!

35. Habsbill24 says:

Another lacklusterr effort against a bottom feeding team at home no less. How many more of these no entertainment games must we watch before Martin gets fired and Gauthier can follow him out the door for the now absurd Markov contract. If I performed like this at my job I would have been fired months ago.

36. TOP DAWG says:

WTF can’t Carey tell it like it is.

“If you’re not the TOP DAWG, the view never changes”

37. Da Hema says:

Hopefully we can get a few quotes from Gionta and Cammalleri telling us the “team needs to find ways to put the puck into the net” or “the team needs to get more shots on net.” Those two are such good leaders.

38. Rainrocket16 says:

Price gives them a chance to win almost every game and JM’s line juggling and lack of discipline cost them game in and game out. I am really tired of this team!! Not happening this year it seems!

39. Jim Edson says:

If it’s eating Price alive then he’s the only one!

This team looked disinterested as it has many times this season!

Think back to what happened after scoring the tieing goal with a minute left!

Are they sky high, excited and ready to kill?

They retreat into their own end, pull the Keystone Cop Dzone routine and did their best to give up a goal prior to OT!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

I has a question… why are you watching it? Did the comments here not give you a clear enough picture.