Multimedia: Leafs drop Canadiens 3-1

Gorges in room

Toronto matches its season high 42 shots, getting two goals from Habs-killer Mikhail Grabovski and launching the Randy Carlyle era with a crucial win.
There was a large contingent of Toronto fans in the Bell Centre.
They went home happy.

AUDIO: Randy Cunneyworth

1. saskhabfan says:

leafs still in 12th,win means nothing.

2. slapshot777 says:

+1 Saskhabfan

3. Newf_Habster says:

AK46 had a goal and an assist and got second star tonight.

• Talik Sanis says:

That tends to happen when you’re not playing on the forth line with Gomez. Kostitsyn was having a fine (if typically inconstant) year with Eller, but fell into one of his slumps after they were broken up. It was very similar to the beginning of last year when he was our top producer and Martin moved him to Gomez’s line to try to spark some secondary scoring. It didn’t help Gomez, and it hurt Kostitsyn.

• CHicoHab says:

who cares, now in keeping with tradition you’ll hear nothing from him the next 5 games………………..

“take your time and hurry up”

• saskhabfan says:

I have nothing against AK.Said he wanted to stay,even at a discount.Maybe just saying the right thing,who knows.Too bad he lacks consistency cause say what you want,he does have natural talent.

4. Rainrocket16 says:

This team just gives us nothing to cheer for! Changes gotta be made in the off season! Coaching is piss poor, and the GM….IDK, I am glad he didn’t get rid of our talent and then I look at what talent we have. We suck!!

• habs_54321 says:

coaching is not the problem it definetly was not the problem when JM was here depite what most fans thought and it isn’t now the problem is and always has been pierre gauthier his terrible player evaluation as an assistant gm and director of pro scouting when gainey was managing was beyond poor. somehow he was promoted to be the gm. and through countless wasting of assets and again terrible player evaluation we are at the bottom of the league, how do you trade your top sniper in the middle of a one goal game which at the time was very important for the teams playoff hopes!! what kind of message is that as a manager/leader being a gm isn’t just about making trades its about being a leader too, at least gainey was a leader when he was gm even when he made bad trades (gauthier was very responsible for the gomez trade it was him that scouted him and decided hes worth 2 1st rounders (higgins/mcdonaugh) and that hes worth the 7.5 million p/year, gainey could have been much more effective in his regime had he had a capable pro scouting staff gauthier is the biggest failure as a gm the nhl has ever seen worse than milbury at least milburys gomez (yashin) produced

5. sreuel says:

Off season it’s time to bring back Carbo coach,

• shootdapuck says:

What would be better second time around?

Carbo has a documented communication issue in any language!

The players hated him and it showed.

=================================================
      The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
      “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

6. deuce6 says:

Cherry is right about the lack of Ontario born players on the Leafs..The last time we won the cup in 1993, we had 14 Quebec born players on the roster:

1. Carbonneau
    2. Damphousse
    3. D. Savard
    4. J. Belanger
    5. Lebeau
    6. Brunet
    7. Roberge
    8. G. Dionne
    9. Desjardins
    10. Dufresne
    11. Brisebois
    12. JJ Daigneault
    13. Roy
    14. Racicot

Is that a coincidence or is it just a lack of French players currently on the Habs roster?

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

• Newf_Habster says:

FYI: The 1967 Stanley Cup winner Leafs had 14 players from Ontario and half of them were from Northern Ontario. I tweeted it to Don Cherry and Brian Burke. ;)

7. The Jackal says:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I think trading Squid was a mistake. In a season were every player is frustrated, it was a mistake to select Squid as a player to get rid off… And then getting Bourque? The guy is worse than AK (for those of you who did not like AK) for the same money, with less upside… I think the Goat has made crap moves all season out of desperation. He took a risk with Markov and it backfired, so then he made some moves hoping for a bandaid fix instead of toughing it out. Then he realizes the team needs toughness, so he gets rid of Squid, the one pure goal-scorer we have, for another enigma. Then he trades AK, who is a known quantity, and we lose a skilled guy who hits too, who did not have a steady chance to prove himself. Now we have a lack of skilled wingers, and a couple of tough guys. What is the Goat thinking? You can’t just be tough, you need skill. Where are we getting that from?

• habs_54321 says:

of course it was a mistake 90% of gauthiers management decisions are either mistakes or just completly lack forsight/creativity, the biggest mistake he made this year was firing JM… the only reason montreal has been successful way beyond their expectations based on their talent level the last two years was because of A. Jaques martin and B trevor timmins and his amazing amateur scouting.

8. C-Sword says:

You guys are bashing on Bourque already? That was fast. I remember how happy and excited you all were when they made the trade. Give him some time, Eller has been making him great passes, pucks are bound to go in sooner or later.

9. jedimyrmidon says:

So here are the forwards we will have next season:
    Cole – DD – MaxPac
    Bourque – Pleks – Gionta
    ??? – Eller – Moen
    ??? – White – Darche

I guess that’s decent. If they won the lottery and got Yakupov they’d be all set. Otherwise, they’ll probably go for a center who will require some time to develop. Problem is, there’s not much depth in terms of veteran top 6 or top 9 NHLers.

10. Bim says:

I’m thru with watching these losers..how do you get outshot 2 to 1
    by the laffs (an equally lousy team). Sorry habs fans (and I have been one for 54 years) but I just don’t see anything in the future to get excited about. It makes me sick to watch this crap night after night. Millionaires..you should be ashamed of yourselves! No hockey for me next year!

11. gmd says:

Even though they lost I like this team so much better without Gomez in the line up.

• Cal says:

Yeah, the other 2 lines besides Cole’s really generated offense, didn’t they?

• shootdapuck says:

No Gomez fan whatsoever BUT………. Engquist was better?

Gomez is a mess but at least he can skate with the puck a little!

Engquist has the puck .5v nanosecond and looses it!

Career AHL’er.
      =================================================
      The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
      “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

• gmd says:

No Enquist was no better and even though Gomez can get the puck into the other team’s zone once he gets there he does nothing except lose the puck or does his famous pass to no one.

I’d rather see a young player get ice time rather than Gomez. At least a young player can learn and improve with more ice time, where as Gomez won’t learn or improve.

• Cal says:

Young players who aren’t ready belong…in Hamilton.
          Holland of Detroit is right. If the player isn’t mature enough to handle top competition, what is he doing on the roster of an NHL team?

• gmd says:

I agree to an extent, but Montreal doesn’t have the same depth of talent as Detroit does. I just think that since the season’s a write off we might as well see the young players.

• shootdapuck says:

The question of the depth is exactly why a 90% useless Gomez is an upgrade of a 100% Useless AHL’er who cannot compete.

The depth issue is another brick in the wall for Goatier!

=================================================
            The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
            “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

• ProHabs says:

I like the team a lot better without Gomez in the lineup and with Staubitz in the lineup. I know Boone likes the figure skating version of the Habs, but I enjoyed seeing Staubitz drop the mitts with Brown. He better be on the team next year along with White, Moen and bring Komasarek back home.

• The Gonk says:

I don’t mind Staubitz at all and I’m sure the Habs could re-sign him. If he plays 65 games and 5-7 minutes he’d be a good fit. He can skate, which is more than we could’ve said for Laraque.

12. BKAK72 says:

Shea Weber $7.5 million
    Jay Bouwmeester $6.6 million
    Dion Phaneuf $6.5 million
    Drew Daughty $6.0 million
    Andre Markov $5.75 million
    (Mike Komisarek $5.5 million)

IMO it’s best to sign PK Subban long-term now to a contract that pays him $6.0 million. He is a work horse, the current and future QB of the PP and “life” on the team.

— HABS INSIDE/OUT R.I.P. –

• Mike D says:

PK is a great young player with tons of potential who’s done absolutely nothing to deserve a 6mil salary at this point in his career. He’ll be worth it someday and will get it but giving him too much too soon could actually ruin him as a player. 3 to 4 million is what he should get on a 2-3 year contract.

Also, Doughty is getting 7mil and is on pace for a 35 point season with an even +/-. Not exactly a Nick Lidstrom-esque year considering he added ‘Ego-maniac’ to his list of personality traits before it even began.

• BKAK72 says:

I would rather skip the RFA route and head straight to a long-term contract with PK SUBBAN and PRICE. Why toy with either player? Both are demonstrating exceptional skills at a very young age. The coaching staff rely on both players to play big minutes e.g. PRICE 60+ games and SUBBAN 25+ mins/game.

These guys are cornerstones. Lock them up long-term now.

— HABS INSIDE/OUT R.I.P. –

• Cal says:

The only reason they are playing so much is the lack of alternatives. The Habs really need 2 big hitter types on D and to get rid of Weber and Diaz.

• CanadienBoy says:

Alternatives ? really do u honestly think others teams will not play them that much Wake up man those boys are studs

• Mike D says:

I’m not opposed to signing either guy long term, but not at the dollars you’re talking about and not for the dollars they haven’t earned yet. In a salary cap league that is organizational suicide and plain stupid.

PK and his agent know he’s got the goods and potential so they’re not going to sign a long term deal at 3mil. It would be a mistake for Montreal to give him a long term deal at 6mil per season at this point. Therefore both sides do what’s fair and sign a shorter term deal for deserved dollars and the player has the term of that contract to live up to his potential. If he does, he gets the big bucks. Same applies to Price except that he’s already on his second contract and will therefore get a deserved increase to his salary.

• HNS says:

Price??? Price has/would slip into Theodore’s role quite nicely.

• matt jordan says:

That about nails it

• The Gonk says:

RFA contracts will be tricky this time round. The CBA is coming up for renewal and the cap ceiling will go down no matter what Fehr says. Let’s hope Price doesn’t want the moon and the sun. That’ll make PK’s negotiations that much easier.

• Cal says:

He’ll get 4 mil for 2, and then cash in afterwards. He is RFA, not UFA.

13. H.Upmann says:

If I were Carey, sign for 1 year. Max 2… wouldn’t even be surprised if he signed elsewhere if nothing changes…

14. HabFanSince72 says:

Is there any doubt that a Plekanec-Cammalleri-AK46 line would give us two scoring lines instead of one?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

15. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I enjoyed the Don Cherry rant against Burke, and fact the Weeds have ZERO Ontario born players, …in fact, instead, an extraordinary number of Americans on the ice and in management

…that’s the difficulty of investing emotions in a team in the New NHL, everyone is a carpetbagger

…certainly, if I was a youth or young Man today I really do not think I would grow up with the same loyalty and affinity for My Habs, as I did in the 50s/60s/70s/80s, or even the 90s, when I could clearly identify culturally with Our Players

_________________________________________________________
    HIS’ Official Habs’ Fan Theme Song: Morrissey ‘There is a light that never goes out’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjObvIQtsLk&feature=related

…the Montreal Canadiens organization and Our Fans, as a whole need to feel this current cold frigid splash of reality, …this process will, hopefully, give Us a long needed sense of humility, not humiliation …and help to revive and renew Our tattered culture of high hockey ideals, and ultimate success in the near future
    …ride the wave, is all We can do as Fans: …Ownership must make the right choices, persevere, and act not talk

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• Mike D says:

Funny. Here’s another view of that situation which I copied/pasted from Twitter here. It was posted right after Cherry’s rant:

“Anyone who’s witnessed endless rants about lack of Francophones on #Habs sees how foolish it looks when Cherry says the equivalent about #Leafs.”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…foolish ? …sorry, but Sport and One’s ‘team’ that represents in some way Yourself, is by nature reflective of Yourself, or Your community

not at all foolish, but ‘normal’

_________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• Mike D says:

Sorry but I guess we’ll have to disagree on this. For what it’s worth, I enjoy your posts very much and always read them. I just can’t agree with you on this at all.

As an anglo 30 year old who was born in Montreal, I’m just as passionate about the Habs as any franco. I have no less of an affinity for or towards this team just because I don’t “parlez vous”. Saying that you would be less of a fan had you not been able to culturally identify with many of the former franco Hab greats is quite telling and not in a complimentary manner. I appreciate all of the greats regardless of their last name, preferred spoken language, or place of birth. I cheer for them because they play for the city that is my hometown.

*Edit – BTW, that quote from twitter wasn’t mine. It was posted by someone else and re-tweeted by former HIO alumni SeriousFan09. I quoted it above because I felt it was appropriate to the conversation…and correct.*

• Clay says:

I have to agree with you Mike. I am an Anglo who wasn’t even born in Montreal, and I also share the passion of the Habs. The passion was a result of their class, greatness, mystique, etc…but certainly not because if the language or ethnicity of the players.

__________________________
            ☞ If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong. ☜

16. HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

HNS you’re foolish comments bring nothing to this forum.

Just because Price is a RFA it doesn’t mean he has to sign for 6 yrs.

If Carey Price wants out of Monteal he will!

17. SmartDog says:

What did we do with that 2nd round pick we got for Grabovski?

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• HabFanSince72 says:

Robert Lang wasn’t it?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• The Gonk says:

We did get Greg Pateryn too. He has to signed this summer though or else he’s a UFA. Solid Michigan d-man, good size, not much offense.

• jo_maka says:

Bennett is the trigger in the pairing. Pateryn is the shutdown. A solid pair. Both with the Habs, could graduate together. If it’s the case, it’ll be very interesting
        _________________________________
        Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

18. The Dude says:

Sorry ,but Gorges yer “just say anything positive ” is wearing thin! How bout shut-up …stop a goal and score one mr. undersized 4 million dollar man. Cole for player coach…see how fast this unacceptable shit changes under his watch!!!

19. The Gonk says:

Curious to see what the new GM (cough) does this summer as far as the UFA pool goes this summer. Assuming we won’t be getting the top-tier guys, I wonder if he would sign someone like Parenteau to play with Plekanec? Or else look at a D-man with some size. Perhaps someone like O’Brien?

• Mike D says:

I’d like a more physical Hal Gill-type who we can sign for 2-3 years at a reasonable salary as a stop-gap until Tinordi and Beaulieu are ready for the big show. Failing that, I’d welcome Hal himself back into the fold for a year.

I’ll probably get flamed by some for that last part, but a lot of people forget how valuable he becomes in the playoffs. Assuming we make it there next year, we’ll benefit having a guy of that ilk in the line-up.

20. BKAK72 says:

Pekka Rinne $7.00 million
    Henrik Lundqvist $6.875 million
    Ryan Miller $6.25 million
    Roberto Luongo $5.33 million
    Jaroslav Halak $3.75 million

IMO … Carey Price will ask (and will receive) $7.75 million

I also think he’s worth every penny b/c he alone is the difference b/n victory or loss. Nobody else on this team is a game breaker.

— HABS INSIDE/OUT R.I.P. –

• Cal says:

Not worth it. 5mil, maybe, but almost 8? Totally nuts.

• matt jordan says:

that’s pretty high… that’s Scott Gomez money

• HardHabits says:

Under no circumstances should the Habs offer Price a penny more than 5 million. Even that is way too much given that he is both a Restricted Free Agent and has yet to prove anything at the NHL level other than he can be a starter. He has still shown that he needs a solid back-up. Something that the brain trust wont do lest that back-up excel and grab the #1 role.

If any team offer sheets Price with 7.75 million the Habs would be beyond retarded to not take the picks. That is 4 1st rounders if I am not mistaken.

• Clay says:

Jesus man – we’re a last place team. Paying the goalie that much is insanity.

__________________________
      ☞ If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong. ☜

21. smiler2729 says:

I’d rather have Mike Cammalleri, who speaks the truth (loser mentality) than Rene freakin’ BORK BORK!

The Swedish Chef is a disinterested pansy…

__________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• Mike D says:

I’d rather we didn’t have either, but Bourque is far more trade-able than Cammy IMO. At least the way Cammy was playing as a Hab this past season.

22. HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry to continue a conversation from the previous thread, but this Don Cherry sequel looks pretty awful. The fateful first meeting between McLean and Cherry? Are they kidding?

I have nothing against Cherry per se (well except he’s a bigot) but that the CBC is making this movie speaks volume about its cultural standing (and sadly of Canada’s).

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

23. HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

So what carey was basically saying was he can’t wait till this season to be over!

24. WindsorHab-10 says:

With the Laffs win tonight, the parade is officially back on.

• smiler2729 says:

The only parade Toronto sees in June is the Gay Pride…

Just sayin’ is all…

__________________________________
      Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

25. smiler2729 says:

Don’t want to pick on the kid -BUT- BJeff 57 was zeros across the stat board: no goals, no assists, no PIM, no +/-, no faceoffs, no hits, no blocks… and against the Toronto Maple Waffles on Saturday night in Canada, betcha Boom-Boom and the Startford streak never had a line like that in that situation.

Just sayin’ is all…

__________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

26. aj says:

I believe we can all agree here that the guy at fault for making this team loose this game is Erik Cole. Yes, he’s the only guy who scored. But if he didn’t slash the stick of Phaneuf there could have been a tie.

• smiler2729 says:

Puhleeeeez, Weber’s the goat on Toronto’s 3rd goal.

And P. f*ckin’ S. dude, you don’t “loose” games, you “lose” them, LOSE, ONE ‘O’ not two, learn freakin’ grammar!

I can’t believe I have to get mad about this sh*t.

__________________________________
      Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

27. WindsorHab-10 says:

Getting outshot 2-1 by any team, you deserve to lose but getting outshot by an equally pathetic team is a tough pill to swallow.

This season can’t end soon enough.

Lindsey Lohan on SNL… should be a better show than what we’ve just watched.

29. Habitant in Surrey says:

…BabyBoom sure lacks quickness and speed, doesn’t He ??? …it’s going to eventually be rough in Montreal if He can not find a game to reflect respectfully the Geoffrion & Morenz names …surprising, as He was a Hobey Baker winner in college, and was part of a very fast American Junior team …I thought I remembered Him being a speed-burner

…Carlyle, if Burke was not as loyal to Wilson, and was coaching Toronto since December, the Weeds would be solidly in the playoffs

…as soon as Randy Carlyle was fired from Anaheim, Burke should have fired Wilson …lucky for Us Weed-haters that he didn’t …nothing worse for a Habs Fan than watching the Weeds in the Spring and We are golfing

…I so much was pulling for Randy Cunneyworth, …He ‘looks’ like an NHL-grade Coach when You look at Him behind the bench …BUT, unfortunately, any Coach of a Habs Team that insists on giving Kaberle the 5 on 5 minutes that (deleted) gets every game, deserves to be fired

…had high hopes for Rene Bourque too, but that Dude’s head is still is in Calgary Me thinks

…Plekanics, such a waste having to persevere AHL-level line-mates game after-game-after-game

…just by having Campoli and Kaberle on 3/4 D makes elites like PK and Gorges (and Price) look much worse than They are

…o well !, …just wish it was July, and the Draft is being held tomorrow

_________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

30. HabsFan82 says:

The Habs were out played every period that’s what sum’s up this game. if I was price I would want to see a good team in front of me or big dollars before I would sign long term same with PK. enough playing on garbage teams. Nothing in BullDog land either. they bring up guys that’s as bad or worst than we already have.

31. aj says:

I’m sure Molson have just had enough of this nonsense. By horrible performances of the Canadiens like this, Gauthier’s job should probably up for grabs by the post season.

32. Chuck says:

CANADIENS REASSIGN ENGQVIST TO BULLDOGS
    Forward will be available for tomorrow’s game in Hamilton

MONTREAL, QC – The Montreal Canadiens announced tonight that forward Andreas Engqvist has been reassigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs. He will be available to play in tomorrow’s Pucks & Paws game at Copps.

Engqvist, 24, has played 11 games with the Canadiens this season, recording five blocked shots and nine hits. The 6-foot-1, 201-pound centre leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 34 points (18 goals, 16 assists) in 43 games this season. The native of Stockholm, Sweden has eight power play goals and 100 shots on goal with the ‘Dogs in 2011-2012.

33. ProHabs says:

The team has a 2% chance fo making the playoffs now. Until that is down to 0%, I will continue to believe they can make the playoffs. I believe in Weber, Kaberle, Gomez, Enquist, Palushaj and Campoli. And I am forever grateful to Mr. Gauthier for putting this group together.

34. Nova Scotia Voyageurs says:

Really….could the Leaf’s looser goaler dive any more than he did….what a joke……..total BS……this is a bush leaque……100%

35. Chuck says:

Well, um… ah… GO SABRES!

36. The Gonk says:

A game like this you makes wonder about next year. Will they be any better or basically more of the same? One line teams don’t win as one poster said. Can Plekanec bounce back with someone like Gionta on a second line? I’m worried Eller has plateaued into that 3rd line center who kind of scores but mostly doesn’t. Who does he play with? We don’t have a fourth line either. Engqvist can’t keep up with the play; he doesn’t have NHL feet. Georges, Subban and Emelin are there on D. Markov who knows? The rest back there aren’t good enough.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Um, yeah, if Eller has plateaued it’s management’s fault for not giving him wingers who can help him grow! It’s not up to him to show immense progress if he’s given a guy like Bourque who you basically have to tow along or another AHL call-up. If he had a chance to stay with Moen and Kostitsyn for a lengthy period of time, he might have gotten somewhere. But right now, he’s getting the Pleks treatment of revolving wingers. And he has progressed since last year, but he could be progressing faster.

37. aj says:

As far as I can see here, Leblanc, Geoffrion, Engqvist, White, Palushaj, and Blunden are really making the best out of this trial run season playing for both the Habs and Bulldogs.

Its good they’re getting experience.

Next season will have another batch of probables and likely to become, Habs players:

Jarred Tinordi
    Nathan Bealieu
    Brendan Gallagher
    Michael Bournival
    Danny Kristo
    Frédéric Saint-Denis

38. Propwash says:

Runnin’ on faith…..

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

39. Kooch7800 says:

staying closer to the top draft pick! Have to look at the positive.

Weak effort tonight by a ton of players. Emelin was not himself tonight…he looked more like a pylon. Oh well, we really don’t want wins until the draft this year

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

40. smiler2729 says:

DD line, Subban, Gorges, Price… that’s our hockey team…

I just don’t have the time or have the effort to think about or discuss this crap…

Whatever… bring on the Expos…

Oh yeah, they died… too…

__________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• HABS_TO_THE_BONE says:

NO WAY will Carey Price sign here long term. Not going to happen & I for one don`t blame him one damn bit!

• habstrinifan says:

I believe if Price goes we may have a tough negotiations with Subban. I think Price has been one player who has had Subban’s back in the dressing room.

• smiler2729 says:

Honest, as a born and bred Montrealer (1964) and brought up with Montreal Canadiens as religion, IF the Habs lose Carey Price and PK Subban, I’m shedding this skin, this f***ing addiction to my own Canadianess (yes, I made up that word, thanks to beerssss) and I’m finding a different team to root for (Buffalo, why not? They’re close and affordable, Detroit, why not, they’re this generations’ Canadiens)

IF Habs management is that f***ing ignorant as to lose those two, it’s over, for me and for a lot of true bleu, blanc et rouges everywhere!

__________________________________
          Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• habstrinifan says:

Man I feel your hurt. Earlier on when many here were saying trade Subban I posted that I wanted to see it done. Not because I wanted to lose Subban. But it was getting to the point that I just didnt trust this team management and it would have been easier to just sit back and watch Subban grow and enjoy without emotional attachment.. just watch the development of what I think will be a great and fun athlete to watch and not to have to angst over the reaction to his every error. Right now the only hockey I really watch is HABS hockey and I am losing the appreciation for the game.

• mrhabby says:

price is an RFA he is not going anywhere.

• mb says:

I hope you’re wrong, though I fear the same thing. Him saying that he’s “over being frustrated” in the post-game interview isn’t exacltly what I would call a good thing, sadly.

• HNS says:

That’s because you’re an idiot.

• Mike D says:

I think you are making an assumption of Carey’s character. What makes you think he’s the type of guy who’ll turn and run at the first sign of an obstacle? Especially considering the team has stuck with him when he was struggling and done everything they could to help his development.

Yours was a ridiculous comment.

• punkster says:

Dean, Dean, Dean.

Same old Dean.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• habstrinifan says:

You are so right but with good coaching you can add Eller. It’s not so much what we HAVE NOT GOT though.. The habs real problem is how MUCH MONEY we are spending on thos ethat we HAVE GOT who are not producing. Seriously it’s incredible how we are paying for players who are absolutely not doing their job.

And it is a shame we added Bourque to this list.

• smiler2729 says:

Oh yeah, forgot Eller, I like Eller, he’s got some… thing…

This is Gauthier’s team. All hail The Goat.

__________________________________
        Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• Mike D says:

I’d include Emelin, Gio, and Pleks in that list too. Markov as well if he gets and stays healthy.

• smiler2729 says:

Emelin, yeah, Gionta, yeah, Pleks, nooooooooo, trade that girly man

__________________________________
        Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• Mike D says:

Pleks isn’t having his greatest season offensively, I’ll give you that. He also hasn’t had any decent wingers to play with most of the season. I’m not ready to throw out a player who’s been a key piece of this team for many years and in many different aspects because of a season that has gone freakishly bad for the whole team.

• Timo says:

Pleks wingers tonight were who… White and Bourque? or f#@% it… doesn’t matter. Turf ‘em all.

• habstrinifan says:

Yep Emelin. Not Gionta. if he comes back he would be wanting the same role with the team.. top 3 forward. I say trade him. Pleks I am open-minded.

41. Chuck says:

One line teams don’t win.

• aj says:

At least our team have one working line helping out to entertain their fans rather than all four lines not working effectively. But you’re right. the other guys just don’t really feel like they’re ready for primetime.

• jedimyrmidon says:

I think management knows that. Habs are out of the playoffs, right? They are actually icing a team that can tank. People were suggesting that Budaj should play more to get poorer results. Well, management instead has cleared out almost all NHL-level wingers. That’ll do the trick. Playing Campoli and Kaberle for 15min a game? Even better.

Young guys are getting more ice time and experience. In any case, hopefully it’ll be valuable and make them better. Though losing so often may not be good.

42. Mike D says:

I believe you have become the most annoying poster on HIO. And in record time. Hey, congrats!

43. jo_maka says:

Don’t look at it, you’ll spook it. Just let it go away………slowly…….
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

44. mb says:

Good comment. I honestly didn’t see it that way, but you make a lot of sense. And I agree that he seems like a quiet leader in that room.

45. habstrinifan says:

I hope the management puts themselves in the group that he is subtly calling out.

46. jedimyrmidon says:

I hope the guys in the room do not take for granted that he’s there in nets often having to survive a barrage of shots because aside from Gorges and Subban, the teams gets pinned in their own zone and generates 0 offensive pressure for loooooong stretches of time.

I mean, look how poorly this team is on faceoffs. Even when they win the faceoff, it’s rarely clean and an opposing player jumps on the puck before a Habs player reacts.

47. smiler2729 says:

A guidoune.

__________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

48. Mike D says:

hahahahaha. Nice!

Twitter: @de_benny

heheh… not that there is anything wrong with it.

50. habsfanforever7631 says:

Because we need a 23 man roster next year…

51. The Gonk says:

I would expect any GM to consider it, even during a rebuild. Building within is great. But on defense, while we have great prospects like Ellis, Tinordi and Beaulieu (who will be signed soon) they’ll need a least a year in the minors. In the meantime you can’t expect Kaberle, Campoli, Diaz and Weber to be the other 1/2 of your crew and expect to be any better. I’m also assuming Gomez is gone: either bought out, cleared waivers or else stays in Alaska. Unless the team is prepared for more the same next year and there’s cap space to play with, you do look at UFAs.

52. Mike D says:

What’s with all the disrespect for Gio tonight? Not just you, but other posters as well. I don’t get it at all.

53. BKAK72 says:

I added him to the list as a reference point b/c so many here are familiar with his game. I also agree with you, he can’t handle 60+ games in a season.

— HABS INSIDE/OUT R.I.P. –

54. Cal says:

Thank you for the most repeated comment ever by 1 poster. We all need the reminder.

55. Curtis O Habs says:

Is ‘ColuNbus’ a joke or a spelling error? Please tell me it is a joke.

56. BKAK72 says:

The team in front of PRICE is horrible. At best when healthy it’s a two liner i.e. 2nd and 3rd complete. Defence is weak too. Coach…? pretty bad here too. W/out PRICE we are worse than CBJ.

— HABS INSIDE/OUT R.I.P. –

57. saskhabfan says:

This place is always a hoot after a loss. Guys like “the dud” and “manaphart”always show up after a loss.All you need is retrowankey and the dutch rudder trifecta is all accounted for.

58. Cal says:

No. You’ve been showing up only after losses the last 3 years like a bad stink.You finally happy the Habs have equaled your stink quotient?

59. saskhabfan says:

The only way our team would be worse is if we kept halak. But then again we probably would have been able to draft nugent-hopkins last year and mackinnon next year had we kept halak.

60. habstrinifan says:

Heck I dont know what it means NOW!

61. saskhabfan says:

Aw poor manapart thinks getting one thing right once every 5 years and 50 things wrong equals 90%. Looks like you not only failed in hockey knowledge but basic math also. Perhaps you should work on the spelling also. Colunbus? Thats ok,i knew you lacked education and integrity from the beginning.Most internet cowards like you do. Maybe you should save some face and get some balls.

62. saskhabfan says:

Sorry,i love women too much.But hey,manapart is here and i’m sure he would be more then happy to. Then he can tell you how he knows more about blowing then everybody else or at least 90% of the time anyway.

63. saskhabfan says:

I’m starting to think there is something wrong with you since you like calling me “son” and follow me around on HIO like a lost puppy. I think you are at the wrong site if thats your kind of thing.Talk about not being all there. This is HIO,not nambla.

64. boing007 says: