Multimedia: Jacques Martin audio, player video after tight loss

Eller

Jacques Martin said both teams played “an excellent hockey game” – much to his taste because defence was tight and chances were few and far between.

Martin audio

1. --Habs-- says:

Well I saw some good things by the Habs! For 1 they deserved a better outcome than they got. Thomas was solid although not God as NESN tried to portray. Habs had a lot of what I call (Meaningless shots) although you have to shot to score! Price was solid on one of only a few blunders the Habs made defensively. I do have to comment on Emelin. He didn’t disappear and actually stood out on the Habs D. PK was quiet although he was solid on D wasn’t his aggravating self. Maybe because Gil wasn’t there to ward off any threats. Then the age old problem, they can’t finish. Everyone want to make changes to the D and the D is doing a pretty good job. I think the Habs have to seriously start looking at making a move for a goal scorer with size. Maybe they will have to give up draft choices for one but they need a finisher. Maybe a Nash if they continue to fall and the Habs D start returning. Once Markov, Camps, Gill and Spacek return they will have to move somebody. I think Diaz/Weber are expendable. I think the Habs were right with Emelin and he learns quick and will become a top 4. Since he’s been in the lineup he’s improving. He absolutely laid out some Bruins yesterday I thought the Bruins would go after him. Maybe he should call Mr Laraque and get some fighting lessons and become one of the most versatile D in recent Habs history. He even stepped in the offensive zone a few times and took some shots and carried the puck a couple of times deep into the offensive zone.

• RetroMikey says:

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and yes, the Bruins can play good hockey on a 9 game win streak along with our fragile inconsistent Habs but the winner will always be the bigger teams whose have a nasty edge to their game in this league.
      Yes Virginia, our Habs after 20 games are just a .500 game and it will be difficult to climb up the standings.
      Yes Virginia, our Habs fans are way too excited after we win 1 or two games.
      Yes Virginia, our so called skilled overrated, overpaid players are just not good enough to play in the NHL.
      Yes Virginia, good teams find ways to win and not blame the injury bug for their demise.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

2. punkster says:

Think I’ll just you all slide gracefully into the night with a little funk from one of the masters, George Duke. Makes things just a bit easier to handle.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

3. Habby says:

If it weren’t for Sid’s return this would be the head line everywhere. So I guess we owe him a thank you.

What’s more disgusting is the fact that these unpenalized men are leading the NE division and currently sit in 3rd place…the same place they were in last year.

Damn it why couldn’t you win?! We would’ve been in the top 8! This is like last season. There came points when we could have been in the top 3, but we’d lose and blow our chance and let the Bruins remain perched there. Since we fell out of the top 3 in December we weren’t able to go back. Ugh. This season is going to be a long one.

These guys better get serious about scoring. I don’t want to hear pretty words from Cammalleri. I want to see goals. And tonight, this goes for everyone. How can you carry a one-goal deficit for that long? And you want to win the Cup like this? Oh boy.

The drive for 25 is not alive! -_-

4. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I feel for Eller, maybe not the tools Gomez has flying like a bat out of hell …but is good and getting better (if only He can play His position, centre) …Eller gives more physically and, I believe with confidence would produce more points than Gomez
    …I believe under the ‘polite talk’ about Gomer, He probably wishes He (Gomer) would tear another latissimus dorsi muscle, or whatever the Hell that is …(I know what it is, so don’t bother ‘splainin’ :) )

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• NCRhabsfan says:

How can he not produce more points than Gomez? Gomez is on a pace to produce 0 goals and 16 assists in his big “bounce back year”. For all those who said it can’t be worse than last year, we’re seeing that it can. What’s worse, he stinks defensively. He lost his man on the only goal tonight. He’s tied for the team lead in minus numbers, and he’s managed to do it in fewer games. Gomez is simply blocking the development of younger players now. What are we waiting for? Send him to the ECHL and be done with it.

• Sap Anderson says:

Agree completely. He has completely lost it, and at this point it’s pretty clear he’s not going to find it again in Montreal. He comes back to the bench looking lost, beaten down, and to a cacophony of boos and catcalls. Play someone young with a chance of getting better instead. The sooner this terrible nightmare ends the better for all parties involved.

Scott Gomez hurts the team simply by being in the lineup

• canadiens26 says:

I couldn’t agree more. How many chances will he get? If it weren’t for his outrageous salary he would probably be benched or sent down. It is frustrating watching such potential (Eller) being paired with this dead weight. Gomez’s ship has sailed. Now it is up to management to figure it out, swallow their pride and fix this issue. I won’t hold my breath.

• Gerry_j6j says:

Gomez was our 2nd best forward tonight

5. JayK-47 says:

In one game, Sidney Crosby ($8.7M) has tied Scott Gomez’s ($7.5M) season output.

6. I can’t imagine what it will be like when the IR guys all come back. Boston wouldn’t have had a chance tonight.

Summit 2011 is no officially over. Great Week!

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

7. Gerry_j6j says:

Cole and (believe it or not) Gomez were our best forwards tonight. Ijust wonder why Martin, who can juggle his lines at random can’t make in game ice time adjustmets and play the hot players.

my lines when healthy
    COLE-DD-MAX
    AK46-PLEKS-CAMMY
    ELLER-GOMEZ-GIONTA
    WHITE/DARCHE-NOK?-MOEN
    aS FAR AS 1234 GO, whoever is hot gets the ice time, I have no issues with Gomez eating up minutes if he plays like he did tonight

8. JF says:

Habs played very well, but Thomas was a wall and the Bruins just about perfect defensively. Considering the inexperience on our blueline it was a good effort. They certainly did not dominate us.

9. Neutral says:

Don’t feel bad about losing this one guys – you played a great game – Boston got the break and that was the difference.

• Ian Cobb says:

My take is we had a lot of breaks also but could not finish. Only disappointed that we played only two lines mostly, after they went up by one goal. And the legs were spent by the 3rd. He did not use his full bench complement. Pleks and Camillaire were pretty much done, but he kept putting them on.

• Couldn’t use the full bench Ian. Darche, Palushaj, and the over guy were way out of their league tonight. Even when the game started with the two fourth line, they were run all over the place.

Patience I guess, the biys will all be back soon.

FYI, I bought two Game Worn Jerseys today. Both Ryan White (Brandon,MB kid).

And I also gave you a big thanks on the the Team 990. I went down to the station this afternoon and was ont he air for a segment.

The Habs were Good!

Shane Oliver
        Brandon, MB,Canada
        R7B 2R7
        hockey@sholi2000.com
        Ph- 204 724 8418

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I think more highly of Jacques Martin than most people here, but that dude is way too quick to shorten the bench more games than not.

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
        – Sean Bonjovi

10. Big Ted says:

Emelin was excellent for the most part tonight. How can he not be part of our regular 6? When Gill comes back, St-Denis obviously sits. But after that, I think we need to keep Emelin over one of Weber and Diaz, who bring a similar skill set.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I thought this was Emelin’s best game, minus the “pinch-then-made-a-drop-pass-to-the-point-he-had-just-vacated-leading-to-a-Lucic-breakaway” Play. Price bailed him out though and he seamed to take the right man in his own zone all night. He’s showing improvement.

“Andrei Kostitsyn is a better hockey player than Max Pacioretty”
      – Sean Bonjovi

11. Jocko says:

I effin hate losing to these Pagliacci dell’asino from Beantown!!! Damn it, when can our favorite team cut a break and have some health!!!! Va la scopata voi stessi Booins!!!

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

12. doogie says:

I wonder how much better Emelin will play once Markov comes back to play?

13. timothy13 says:

Tonight’s loss proved one thing thing about the Habs; they are very close in being a strong contender and the Bruins are good but not that good as a team. Both teams had luck and the win was for the team with a hair more luck, Boston. I did not expect the Habs to win after back to back wins last month against the Bruins but a shut-out loss was tough and zilch on the point scale is tough. This Habs squad is a team still coming into their own and a bit of tweaking is what this team needs to be a lot better in the standings and W column.

• Trisomy 21 says:

If by contender you mean stanley cup contender, I don’t know if I agree. Maybe it’s just been so long that I’ve seen what the Habs are capable of doing that I’ve lost confidence, but the 4 game win streak didn’t really convince me. The bruins were not at their best those games.

14. ponyboy says:

Just caught the third period. Boston did a good job of eliminating any speed entering their zone. Cole looked great again. Patches a little soft. Holding the B’s to one goal with the ‘green’ blue line is not so bad. Big three games coming up!!

Do or do not, there is no try.