Multimedia from morning skate

Iginla

Andrei Markov practiced full-out with his teammates but will not play Tuesday night in Calgary.
Raphael Diaz is still out with a lower-body injury.
Here’s lost of video, some of it tourist footage of the Flames room and the Canadiens’ bench during the skate.

Lines at morning skate: Cole-DD-Pacioretty, White-Eller-Geoffrion, Leblanc-Plekanec-Bourque, Staubitz-Engqvist-Nokelainen | D-pairings: Gorges-Subban, Emelin-Weber, Campoli-Kaberle

1. 44har48 says:

I just want to reiterate that I think there is waaaaaay too much focus on the Leafs on here. Who cares about them? I really think we need to tend to our own issues which should keep us pretty busy for the next few years. We are a laughing stock in this league, and putting the leafs down may make us all feel better, but it doesn’t solve our challenges.

And last I checked, they are ahead of us in the standings, and have been all year. Were we ever for one day even above them this year in the standings?

2. MICP says:

Maple leafs sign Grabovski to 5 year $27.5 million

wow!!!

3. habsforlife93 says:

Was at Habs practice in calgary this morning. Looks like Randy L still has some dangles! Was great to see Markov out there.. Hope to see him play a game in the near future.. Hope to see the Habs pull a win over the Flames! GO HABS GO!!!

4. Bill says:

Funny how HIO has actually been around long enough now to have something like family squabbles, haha. I think Berkshire was the subject of two actual feature articles in the Gazette by Mike Boone: now his posts are being deleted out of spite!

Okay, his comments on Hickey’s Fleury article were a little over the top, and to make a point of leaving the site in what would fairly be described as a “huff” was a tad dramatic. However, Hickey’s article waded into seriously troubled waters, and strong reactions were to be expected.

Also, anyone who thinks Berkshire’s comments brought down the level of discussion here cannot be serious. A heavy percentage of the posts on HIO are juvenile or moronic, often both at the same time.

I find it easy to ignore the creators of the dreck and focus on the intelligent posts, but I do wish there were more. I may laugh at AB’s Fenwick-Corsi obsession, but I liked reading it, respected his opinion, and enjoyed hearing a perspective that was unlike mine.

I wouldn’t even be in favour of banning ManApart or Habs17, but deleting innocuous posts like AB’s and leaving up some of the insulting juvenilia that gets written here really makes no sense, except in the context of vindictiveness.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• secretdragonfly says:

Did they really delete AB’s post? I’ve seen some pretty offensive stuff on here lately that doesn’t get deleted, looks like some selective snipping going on.

• bleedhabs81 says:

You are moronic….

Is that what you mean by juvenille posts? :)

• db says:

I would much rather have the chance to read everyone’s drivel. In the end none of it is important, nor should we judge each other on it. But, as humans… we do. So be it. I can understand banning those that spam and things of the sort like personal attacks. There just have been too many random posts deleted lately… and I haven’t even been that frequent of a visitor anymore. Meh….. I miss the baby blue site lol

• Psycho29 says:

Don’t Google “juvenilia”, or the cops will be at your door to seize your computer.

Seriously, all good points…

5. eric says:

Pierre Mcguire on tsn 990 says he would love to have Lecavlier on his team even @ 10 mil a year for 8 more years. Would he make that trade if he were the GM of the habs. Sounds like another Gomez deal. Scary.

6. jedimyrmidon says:

Bourque’s old Flames teammates called him a shooter. Interesting. Don’t think he’s been used as such at all. In fact, I don’t think carrying the puck into the O zone and shooting has been a strategy at all for the last few months… I’m liking the dump-and-chase game less and less. He and Eller should theoretically be good on a line together then.

Seems like Bourque really is like AK in a lot of ways, and yet the Habs don’t seem to find any use for them even though on most other teams that is clearly not the case.

• bleedhabs81 says:

He is a lot like AK.

Best player one game and dissappear the next 5.

I remember being absolutely surprised once while watching him at the saddledome. He layed a guy out, took the puck, and then danced around another guy to score.

The next time I went (a week later) I hardly noticed he was in the building (but he was, I checked).

• L Elle says:

So true, how come Bourque has gone downhill since coming to Mtl?
      Eller is much better than his results.

How come others have done better elsewhere?

I sincerely hope the new coach can bring out the best in our players.

7. punkster says:

So the Habs sit at point 1 percent
    For making a playoff event.
    Many hope they’ll be shy,
    And really won’t try.
    They pray tanking’s their only intent.

Now the Leafs, they’re at 19 percent
    For the playoffs dear Burkie is bent.
    He hired a Randy,
    Who he thinks is dandy.
    But in nets they did not augment.

After 82 games they’ll be spent,
    And their fans quite ready to vent.
    They won’t make the post season
    And their fans will will cry “Treason!”
    And dear Burkie they’ll surely resent.

At the end of this season’s event
    As both Habs fans and Leaf fans lament,
    Just whose team is better
    The red or blue sweater?
    With a high draft pick we’ll be content.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

Nice to see the HIO crew sticking together and up for one another. Something about a link to an amateurish Habs blog being taken down or something. Like as if there is a need for further blatant self promotion at the expense of those who would be denigrated.

It’s not like anybody cares about Gomez’ Fenwick.

9. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Pleks with linemates!

10. Hobie Hansen says:

Cuz the guy’s a douche! He can’t stand the comment section here? Give me a break, his comments were the worst of them all.

Good job by HIO.

And I imagine HIO doesn’t want the link to his blog that looks like 6th grade English assignment posted here.

11. Habsolutely says:

what did he say?

• shiram says:

He posted a link to his blog, a piece comparing Leblanc to Pacioretty.
      He said he was not posting here much anymore because of the Hickey piece on Theo Fleury, so that might be why they deleted, but who knows.

12. Old Bald Bird says:

From Twitter

Corey Pronman ‏: Grigorenko and I dont blink. RT @Amanwellabove: @coreypronman if you had to choose between Grigorenko and Huberdeau who’d you pick?

13. tony d says:

I haven’t been able to post in months. A technical glitch. I felt like I was bound and gagged, trying to vent with the best of you but forbidden to do so but now I’m free I tell you, FREE!

14. tony d says:

Cammy’s got a case of the bird flu, otherwise known as the yellow chicken flu.

15. kholdstare says:

Still talking about the Leafs I see.

Still not sure why.

16. Hobie Hansen says:

There’s the GTA and the ACC Leafs’ fans and there’s the rest of the Provence of Ontario. All the business saps taking up great seats in ACC deserve to not have the Leafs make the playoffs.

Some other city’s in Ontario like Oshawa, Thunder Bay, Arora and many others have good blue collar, hardworking Leafs’ fans who I feel bad for because their team won’t make the playoffs for the 7th consecutive season, eighth counting the lockout.

• HabsTrueBlue says:

What’s wrong with people who work for businesses going to hockey games? Why are blue-collar workers depicted as good and hardworking? LOL Do you consider white-collar workers as evil and lazy?

• Bill says:

Reverse snobbery, Don Cherry style :)

Full Breezer 4 Life

• kholdstare says:

No it just makes their souls more fundamentally purer.

• neumann103 says:

It is not about class resentment as much as it is about who pays for the tickets. It is perfectly possible to be a real fan and have money. But the good seats are dominated by corporate season tickets and the people occupying those seats can be a revolving assortment of people with no interest in the game. The real fans in the cheap seats generally are paying their own money.

Toronto is just the most extreme example of this. I have sat everywhere from second row platinums to obstructed view nosebleeds in the Air Canada Centre. When you are in seats that have a face value of $380 and the people next to you show up mid way through the first period and leave before the second period is over you do wonder why they even bother. And if you sit in the platinums or golds at ACC you will be surrounded by this.

It has an effect. I have been at the Leafs Season opener on a Saturday night vs hated rivals Ottawa and the crowd enthusiasm and noise was nowhere near a meaningless Wednesday night game in November at the Bell Centre vs the Minnesota Wild.

It is a stunningly passionless feel in the Platinums at the ACC. Move up to the roof and you will be among the deluded Leaf Nation, but at least they care.

“Et le but!”

• Cal says:

You see, there are workers who actually do things. Then, there are “workers” who use a keypad. One of them is actually useful and productive while the other, well, pushes buttons and calls it work.

17. anotherhab says:

I was thinking of taking the teens to the game tonight — you know watching Kijiji for tickets — then I saw our posted lineup ……..

18. Canus says:

Pretty sad, isn’t it, that he didn’t retract. I won’t read any of his articles anymore.

19. Dennis says:

Loving the poll. 83% say they don’t want the Leafs to make the playoffs.

Dennis-Kane.com

• Dr.Rex says:

17% of the respondents clearly misinterpreted the question.

• Canus says:

I wouldn’t mind the Laffs making the playoffs.
        I’m a proud Habs fan, however, I’m also a hockey fan.
        And any Canadian team that makes the playoffs is good by me.
        I really don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want them to be in it.
        Sure, they’re our enemy number 1, and the whole center of the world thing, but, hey, it’s good that they make it.

• krob1000 says:

they have a 19 percent chance of making it and 17 percent of Habs fans want them to…MattyLeg…we need some sort of analysis here on realism versus optimism and how these figures are related…

20. krob1000 says:

Sportsclubstats still has us as having a 0.1 percent chance of making the playoffs? Is the NHL considering massive retraction during the stretch run?

21. krob1000 says:

I wonder if guys will start asking to be bought out to play in the AHL with Gomez…after all everyone who came to Montreal came because of Gomez. I can see the Bulldogs potentially making a serious run next season!

22. Dennis says:

Wow. It’s been more than a year since I’ve been able post here and include a link to my website, http://dennis-kane.com/ but with Danno getting in touch with the techs, it seems to be fixed. Thanks Danno and techs.

Dennis-Kane.com

23. Kooch7800 says:

I have been impressed with LL’s offensive instincts. I think he will be a useful player for the habs future.

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

24. Danno says:

Here’s a great story about Eddie Shack and Jean Beliveau at Dennis Kane’s Blog:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

25. Kooch7800 says:

Wow, if this article is true….Gomez will be riding the bulldogs bus next year and so should be:

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• Cal says:

Way old news, that. True or not- only the Gomez knows and he isn’t talking.

• shiram says:

Do you trust Sun media on hockey related news, as they were the only one reporting this trade scenario.

• Strummer says:

It’s not far-fetched.

It makes sense for 2 reasons;

1.It would help Isles make the cap floor with a $7.4 hit for only $5 or so out- of -pocket

2.Gomez has a LIMITED NTC meaning he can list a limited number (not sure how many) of teams he can veto.

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• Bill says:

Never bought this one for a second. Gomez is an American with no roots in Montreal, where he is booed in warm-ups while tossing pucks to kids, for god’s sake, and obviously under intense scrutiny and pressure.

New York was his home for a decade, and his girlfriend lives there: you think he wouldn’t jump at the chance to get out of Montreal and return to NYC? Gauthier wouldn’t have time to complete the question before Gomez arrived at the airport with his bags packed.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Malreg says:

Just another false Canadiens rumor.

Stubbs already posted on twitter a quote from Gomez saying it’s the first he’s heard of it.

Unless it’s something posted by the credible media insiders (Mckenzie, Dreger, Lebrun, Friedman), then don’t believe it.

• habstrinifan says:

I like the picture that accompanies the article though… the two best buddies on the team 11 and 46.

26. Benk says:

I know this wouldn’t be the best place to ask this but I don’t know where to find out. Does anyone know where the Habs will be practising in Edmonton. And if the public can check it out?

27. Ferg says:

Here is Boone’s lineup for tonight…

” … Cole-DD-Pacioretty, White-Eller-Geoffrion, Leblanc-Plekanec-Bourque, Staubitz-Engqvist-Nokelainen | D-pairings: Gorges-Subban, Emelin-Weber, Campoli-Kaberle”

In all honesty, how many of these guys are legitimate NHL’ers?
    Maybe 7 forwards and 3 defence.

No wonder we are struggling. This is an AHL lineup with an AHL coach and a Jr. “C” manager.

I scoured the practise footage, no sign of Timo anywhere in the arena, must be up in the pressbox with Boone drinking Crown and Cokes!

Back to back days of full contact skating for Markov, sure seems like that knee is toast.

30. Bill says:

A Canadian kid will be less trouble and more willing to sacrifice? you mean like Latendresse, Pouliot, and Ribeiro?

Painting with a broad brush there.

Full Breezer 4 Life

31. caladin says:

Yeah so will the panthers.

____________________

Keep Hope Alive

32. punkster says:

Wow.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

33. Bill says:

I am not sure if most would agree with that, but even if they did, it wouldn’t make it true.

Full Breezer 4 Life

34. Garbo says:

Funny thing about a racist is they assume everyone else is too