Multimedia from Monday practice

Pleks

Josh Gorges talks about his new contract.
Carey Price talks about Josh Gorges.
Tomas Plekanec talks about his practice scrap with P.K. Subban.

Pierrre Gauthier talks about the state of his hockey team

AUDIO: Pierre Gauthier

1. The Jackal says:

Speaking French, for better or for worse is an important criteria in coaching the habs. Ideally it would not be but this is not the case. The habs are part of French Canadian culture and it is important that be preserved. Not everyone can see that but historically French Canadians have always fought to protect/advance that identity and unfortunately to some it creeps into the habs organization. The fact the the habs have not had a coach that could not speak french until now speaks to that fact. Its unfortunate that the media is making a big deal out of it but in the end its an important issue and one that many people don’t fully understand.

2. Strummer says:

Any truth to the story of a couple of years back that Markov had to give Price a smack up-side-his-head when he was being a jackass?

______________________________________________________
    “You have to be this tall to ride on this ride”
    -as posted in amusement parks across North America

3. Clay says:

This organization is a joke.
    __________________________
    “Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.” – Jean Beliveau.

4. The Cat says:

Georges Laraque says Subban’s days in Montreal may be numbered: too many scuffles and cap issues may make it happen.

• Marc10 says:

If the Habs eat Gomer’s contract (and I think they will), they can resign Subbido and Pricey.

Let’s wait and see what happens. I wouldn’t make the mistake of offloading a kid because he’s acting like a buffoon. If he was a veteran with his best days behind him, he’d be dead meat… but PK has been asked to carry a depleted D corp on his back for a quite a while now.

He’s allowed plenty of leeway. The only way I’d trade him would be if a top flight player came back the other way. Otherwise, let’s keep him and do our best to find him a linemate that will allow his game to flourish once again.

A poor first half does not diminish the kid’s talent ceiling. Next to Price, this kid is as high as they come (like it or not…)

• Strummer says:

They can afford to eat Gomer’s contract.

As reported in the Toronto Star yesterday the Habs are the richest team in the NHL in terms of revenue.
        Averaging over $2mm per game in gate receipts.

However it will require Hab management to “grow a pair” as Sather did with Redden and Burke did with Jeff Finger

______________________________________________________
        “You have to be this tall to ride on this ride”
        -as posted in amusement parks across North America

5. Mike D says:

Very much dislike what PG had to say about the unilingual coaching issue and RC today. What’s worse is that it echoes what Molson said in his Press Release the other week.

All I can say is that I hope these guys have pulled RC aside and told him that they need to say what they need to say to appease the french media and alleviate pressure from the team and not to pay it any mind because they don’t mean it.

Sadly, I doubt anything of the sort has happened which means that upper management all the way up to ownership are at least partially incompetent, and that doesn’t bode well for us fans.

The Montreal Canadiens will not progress as an organization until they free themselves from the language shackles.

- Honestly yours

• G-Man says:

Of course Molson and Gauthier mean it. The Habs, like it or not, cater to a French speaking market. Yes, they have fans all over. However, the core market is the French speaking Quebecois. That is the way it is. Even if there were a Quebec-based NHL team, it still would not change.
      With that language prerequisite, they should hire accordingly to avoid a situation like this.

• HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

French people who think like this are very stupid people. The Montreal Canadiens Orginization should be ashamed for not stepping up to the plate and leading the way, for they know more then any other that this issue only hinders them.

Its sad that we are in the year 2012 and people treat a man as shitty as they treat randy cunnyworth who has done nothing but help our team since hes been a part of it.

Maybe these french people who dont understand english yet, can benefit from an english coach and open their minds. Its almost a racist issue where if language were as visible as skin color, montreal might be the only city still allowing it.

French people, and that makes me part of the group, should be embarassed that you never hire an english quebecer in the origization at all. That everyone gets excited about a player like beaulieu then turned off when he is not french. Vince lamboedi I believe is a montrealer but becuase he dosnt speak up to par withthe french langauge, the media ignores him. Its not a Queber issue, its a french issue that is almost racist in my opionion.

have a good day my real habs fans!

• G-Man says:

The team is catering to its market. When you work in Paris, it would be very silly not to learn the language, yes? Or Rome. Or Peking.

• The Cat says:

Absolutely, but you got to give the guy a chance, you cant crucify him right from the get go. RC has been treated unfairly by the french media and people, but more importantly, the habs, who continue to be heralded as a classy organization when they are anything but that.

• HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

yeah but learn your habs history and by the way our country in Canada.

• LA Loyalist says:

The “French” argument died the day Ferrari hired a non-Italian to drive for them years ago.

Enzo was smarter than Geoff Molson, maybe?

And the proof that the Quebec media is full of crap? Imagine how they would have howled had Ferrari NOT hired Villeneuve because he was not Italian.

I rest my case.

(sorry to re-post this argument, but the topic is critical and some people just don’t get it)

• Marc10 says:

I don’t believe in the ‘French’ coach requirement. But can we please stop referring to ‘French People’! French people live on the other side of the Atlantic… I think you’re referring to French Canadians or Quebecois. Get it straight.

While we’re out getting the best coach, can we go back to drafting the Claude Giroux and Patrice Bergerons of the world when they’re available. For pete’s sake! I know the draft is a crap shoot, but it makes no sense how we’ve overlooked such talented guys in our own backyard…

• HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

thats cause theyre both from ontario

• Marc10 says:

They both played in the Q and Patrice is from the province…

• G-Man says:

Look, I am French Canadian. A Quebecois is any person born in the province, whether the lingo Nazis like it or not.

• LA Loyalist says:

Well, that goes back to missing out on Denis Savard, one of our great disasters.

That said, there are a couple of difficulties with your theory – do we miss out on a Koivu or Forsberg to get a local boy?

And secondly, and this is more painful to acknowledge — some of the locals don’t want to play for Habs – LeCavalier, for example, said the right things from time to time, but if he had wanted to be here it could have happened.

So it is not so easy as to just become locavores in this instance.

That said, your point that we should improve our scouting and drafting is dead on. Finding players like Markov, Huet, Mark Streit – these under the radar guys are total difference makers in a cap-league where the NHL is determined to have 30 mediocre teams fight it out to the end.

• Strummer says:

Marketing 101-

Don’t alienate your customer base.

Leafs have done it for years and the whining from the fans is incessant.

______________________________________________________
        “You have to be this tall to ride on this ride”
        -as posted in amusement parks across North America

• podbay says:

I am disgusted with Gauthier and Molson for hanging Cunneryworth out to dry. If both had said from the outset that Cunneyworth was their choice to lead the team, and told the French-language media that being unilingual was not an issue with the Habs organization, maybe this wouldn’t still be such a huge issue. I can’t imagine what unbelievable stress RC is going through every day. The man deserves everyone’s support. And if he is indeed to be an interim coach, why would the players want to perform well for him? The answer to that is that they SHOULD perform well, because that’s why they’re getting paid the big bucks.

I’m also bone dead weary of these “upper body injury” and “lower body injury” designations. Whatinhell is wrong with Gomez, Gionta, White? Details please!!!

6. BramScott says:

And for all these years I thought “maybe it’s just me, seeing the game from my Habs’s sided view”, But now today I have seen the proof!
    The NHL is influancing the outcome of games.
    The NYR vs. PF game today just proved to me that the NHL is trying to determine out come of it’s games. Thankfully, Ranger coach JT has called them out on it.
    For years I have watched the Habs play on the road against teams such as Carolina in a near empty arena and suffered as the ref’s did every thing in their power to give that team an advantage (in the hope that a winning record would bring these teams more fans?)
    All Hab fans know the several times we have been screwed this year on vidio reveiw so I don’t even have to mention the specific details.
    The “Chairman of the Board” led Bruins goon their way to a cup win.
    Tonight I have surfed a lot of comment boards regarding the “Winter Classic” and Wow! the NHL has a real credibility problem right now. Lots of comparisions mentioned to the WWE and Reality TV.
    Can someone please give me proof that the NHL is legit and not a billion doller corparation that will do anything in it’s power,including influancing games, to make as much money as possible?

7. Frank2468 says:

Well on the bright side of things the Leafs are in 10th?

Well Leaf fans as Ozzy would say “All aboard the Crazy Train”. Or Steven Tyler “Going Down”. Well misery loves company and the Habs welcome you. Welcome to redemption island, looks like next year will be the topic of the month. If both the Habs and Leafs finish 29 and 30 and the leafs are 30th maybe Burke can swing a block buster deal for Gomez for a first round draft pick of course, so guess that would mean Habs pick 1 and 2. And maybe when Gomez comes back to Montreal in his dress blues, Habs fans can chant “Thank you Gomez”?

8. habs001 says:

to all gion haters he has scored 77 goals for the habs and be prepared to hate gallagher also because if he makes it in the nhl he will be the same type of player…gion has done what was expected from him

• Strummer says:

When Gallagher gets here he can go clothes shopping in the boys dept at the Bay with Gio, Cammy and DD

______________________________________________________
      “You have to be this tall to ride on this ride”
      -as posted in amusement parks across North America

9. HabsinLA says:

PG has been mediocre as a GM but to throw Cunneyworth under the bus like that just smacks of desperation. He’s trying to appease the fans and distance himself from this season. For that, he needs to be fired, if you don’t own up to your mistakes, you won’t be able to correc them.

If a bilingual coach is that important to him and to the organization, why hire Cunneyworth in the first place, go get someone else. And I’m sure a bilingual coach would be able to get his point across so much better to all the French speaking players we have and already have us 1st in the conference.

• Les Canayens says:

It’s dicey in Montreal.

When you are a unilingual coach, owner and GM will constantly remind everyone else that you’re not the one in the end, so your players may go “you’ll be gone anyway, why listen”

When you’re a French speaking coach, your players may go “you’re only here cause you speak French, other coaches I had are better than you, but they can never coach here”.

Kind of lose-lose situation here.
      ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
      ☞ I can’t really hear what Jeremy says, because I’ve got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.☜

• Strummer says:

You don’t think RC knew this when he signed on ?

can’t believe he was that naive.

Why do think Muller bailed to the minors?

______________________________________________________
      “You have to be this tall to ride on this ride”
      -as posted in amusement parks across North America

• podbay says:

It smacks of desperation but also of showing RC no respect or dignity. It’s disgusting.

10. Trisomy 21 says:

We gotta start losing from here on. It’s fairly unrealistic for the habs to make the playoffs. The habs are 8 points away from 8th and the first place team is 11 points above 8th place. This means MTL will have to play like the first place team for the last half of the season.

Another analysis was that the Habs have to win twice as man games as they lose. I’m hoping for a top 5 pick baby.

• Bozo McBozo says:

“Embrace the Tank! Suck for Glory!”

• DorvalTony says:

Yeah we could get another Eric Chouinard.

——————————–
      “Okay, everybody take a Valium.”

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I was an 11 year old kid with season tickets to the Fredericton Canadiens when they moved there in 1990. I was an eye witness to the Eric Charon, Brent Bilideau, Lindsey Vallis, Ryan Kuwabara era of Canadiens draft picks. Eric Chouinard came later, but he was a STAR! compared to some of those guys. I gag whenever I here the suggestion that Serge Savard should be running an NHL hockey team.

“If ownership cared about Habs fans, or Habs wins the Habs would play home games in the last two weeks of December”
        - Sean Bonjovi

• Trisomy 21 says:

there’s always that possibility, but pressing hard to make 9th place will land us in worse position, with still the potential of drafting a dud in the first round. By getting a top 5 pick we could possibly draft a first line forward for once.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I think that’s what they’re doing, sort of. I see the Grges contract as the results of a decision to either sign him or trade him, and I expect Andrei and Moen will quickly follow and anything short of a ten game winning streak means Hal Gill’s out the door. I think they’ll hang on to anyone signed past this year and just see what happens. If Cammi and Gio and Gomez are as bad as so many people think they are then we’ll get a great pick anyway, and if the team can make a push for the playoffs then those guys must be worth keeping. I don’t see it as a win-win scenario, more like hedging. If I’m wrong and they hang on to the veterans and lose them as UFAs, and only pick in the top 15 then I’ll lose my mind, but I’m optimistic that PG will make the right moves to get a few extra mid round picks and position the Habs to pick between 5th and 10th with their own every round.

- Sean Bonjovi

Just listened to Gauthier’s press conference. The dude is living in denial.

He thinks that Gomez’ return is going to help the club. Help them get a lottery pick no doubt.

He also says Habs fans deserve better. I hope he means better than perpetual mediocrity and constant backing into the play-offs for a few measly home games.

He blames the inexperience of youth but fails to acknowledge that he assembled this team. He says the vets need to lead the way but doesn’t recognize that it is the kids who are doing most of the producing and the vets who are not contributing up to their salary expectations.

He also tried to make it look like they have a big picture game plan. I am sure that firing Martin was part of that plan as was the Markov set backs.

They can stand pat and get a nice draft pick or waste futures on a futile attempt at the play-offs either missing them altogether or getting bounced unceremoniously in the 1st round as is the usual case.

• Bozo McBozo says:

Gomez is to the Habs what rubbing alcohol is to hemorrhoids!

• Habsolutely says:

Here’s what I don’t get….? PG was assistant GM to Gainey when Gainey went out and brought in BGL, who at the time was considered one of the toughest enforcers in the NHL. Now, we all know BGL didn’t work out for us right, but the fact is someone (Gainey or Gauthier) obviously thought the team needed an enforcer. So what happened to that? All of a sudden we don’t need a big gritty player who can scrap? This management team boggles the mind…

• Les Canayens says:

Also funny that after firing Carbo, Gainey put BGL in a line with Koivu and Kovalev to counter Lucic’s line during the playoff, (with disastrous result) then brought in an anti-enforcer coach in the form of JM. Baffling (in the context of their enforcer policy).

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

• Les Canayens says:

Looking at Gauthier draft record I would not trust him even with a lottery pick:
      Although with Timmins scouting for him (or the next GM) it’s not too bleak.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

• Bill says:

“He refuses to address the lack of size, grit and toughness on the team. Am I the only one who sees the correlation to the spate of injuries?” – HH

Following this reasoning, small players in the NHL would usually be hurt, and big players would never be.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• HardHabits says:

Your reasoning beats a meandering path. One that has been trodden by lesser men Bill. I said spate of injuries. The Habs in the past few seasons have had an inordinate amount compared to other more robust teams.

12. Les Canayens says:

PK vs Pleks and vs Lapierre circa December 2010.
    Funny thing was at the time all the vets said that was the right attitude to have. So PK is basically doing what they preach.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

13. habs001 says:

ottawa is the habs of the previous 2 years..they are getting key goals in the third and o/t…10 points ahead of the habs…

14. JayBee says:

Isn’t it funny that every vet that was brought in during the Gainey retool isn’t doing jack for this team?

Gill, Spacek (traded-we got him for his PP ability, but traded him cuz he sucked on the PP), Cam, Gio, Gomez.

I’ll leave Moen out since he’s been pretty good.

This is absolutely inexcusable.

15. Propwash says:

Helluva game between CZE and RUS. Going to overtime.

_____________________________
    Being negative has its advantages,
    you’re never disappointed.

16. ProHabs says:

Has that moron Colon Campbell suspended Barch yet.

• EricInStL says:

Probably tomorrow, Shanny took care of the 2 suspensions today. I guess tomorrow…

My guess is nothing will happen, they will say insufficient evidence.

17. habstrinifan says:

You’all invited back next day
    To this locality
    To have a heapin helpin spoon
    Of this insanity!

18. punkster says:

It’s clear why the Habs ownership and management tend to be as tight lipped and secretive as a Freemasonry lodge. These guys can’t pass wind without being accused of using mustard gas by the over hyped media, fans and bloggers.

Two team mates get into a shoving match, maybe even tried to throw a punch or two, at practice. Like this has never happened, anywhere, on any team at any time in any sport, ever. Trust TSN to make it an issue and fans to just lap it up as indications of a team rife with dissent.

Then the GM breaks the code of omerta by making factual and innocuous statements about future coach considerations and, oh my, let the interpretations and speculations begin!

It’s a Subbang world out there baby and we all risk getting concussed by the number of buses going by.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Propwash says:

Nature of the beast that is being a member of the Montreal Canadiens. Anything that happens is dissected, analyzed, re-dissected, pieced back together completely askewed, re-analyzed, then the next day rolls around.
      Wash, rinse, repeat.

_____________________________
      Being negative has its advantages,
      you’re never disappointed.

19. I’m a big fan of Gorges, but if that’s the kind of money it takes to keep a good player in Montreal, then what on earth is it going to take to keep a great player like Price?

So much drama, so little hockey.

Shane Oliver
    http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
    Custom Sports Figures
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

20. harrow15 says:

So was the scrap with PK and Pleks mucking around or for real?

21. Propwash says:

So, it’s clear that PG can’t do anything right around these parts. First he signs Gorges to what amounts to a kick the tires contract in hopes that his knee holds up. But it wasn’t a long enough contract. Now, he locks him up long-term, at a reasonable price I might add. The way the market is going, Gorges could very well have made perhaps even more money signing elsewhere.
    In all, to me, it was a good signing as Gorges, granted, he’s not perfect, lays it all out practically every game and is one of the steadiest d-men on the team.

_____________________________
    Being negative has its advantages,
    you’re never disappointed.

22. price365 says:

we need goal scores…once we get pass Cole, Max-pac, Kostitsyn what do we really have…nothing…clean house…start getting some goal scores…quit wasting money.

23. martincurran55 says:

Whatever morsel of respect I had for Gauthier has completely left my body now. Molson has to get rid of him now. We need a new GM before the trade deadline. I do like the Gorges deal, a lot, but I think if he is not going to be our GM next year (And he won’t) then we need him gone.

24. The Jackal says:

I won’t jump on the fire PG wagon as I did on the fire JM one. I think in hindsight that was a bad move, and as we can see it did not help the team. I think PG has made some good moves, however you would think he would have anticipated some sort of backlash from the QC media. That’s too bad for RC, and unfortunately PG does need to placate the QC media on the language issue because it is an important part of the cultural identity. What we can see from this whole situation is that MTL is a high-pressure atmosphere and sometimes it is not easy to shut out the external criticism from the arm-chair coaches and GMs…

While firing JM was probably a move with some element of desperation in it, picking up Kab shows PG thinks this team is not totally lost – which it is not. We have made the playoffs consistently and while we have not advanced as far as us fans hope, we have not rolled over and gotten bounced under PG… This season has been really unlucky for the Habs and the easiest thing to do is to write off the entire team. With a bit more luck this team would be right in the thick of it – the injuries and media circus have not helped the team’s focus and confidence, but it is still a solid team with promising young players and vets that are normally a good influence on them.

Sure, some contracts are not great and the composition of the team is not perfect, but the team is playing to the lowest of its ability.

• powdered toastmann says:

Hate to be so flippin sarcastic…but…OK…13th in the East and 3 points up on the 14th Islanders (and they have 3 games in hand). Let’s see, and he’s spending to the cap limit I believe?

Lot’s of injuries (like many other teams)… Yup the Goat’s doing pretty good…

• martincurran55 says:

When I looked at this team on paper at the beginning of this year, I thought it looked like we had a good team. However, we really don’t. Camalleri and Gionta are the 2 snipers on our team and they have done nothing. AK is solid and has to be resigned, but he needs someone feeding him pucks. I would try to dump Camalleri and/or Gionta at the deadline but I really don’t think it is going to happen. Too many years left on their deal. A rebuild is in order. I know we all hate to admit it, but it is true. Our younger players our playing great, the vets are the guys bringing us down. We need to sign our core (Price, Subban, AK, Max-Pac, Eller, Emelin). Everyone else should be considered trade bait (Except White, Gorges, Leblanc, and Cole). I think Gionta, Gomez and Camalleri are really good guys and really good in the locker room, but they are overpaid, and aside from Gionta, they don’t pay the price every night.

• The Jackal says:

I know it’s frustrating to watch this team this season, but we have almost the same roster. I think a full blown rebuild may be a bit too extreme, we’re playing very poorly and unfortunately the vets we count on are not performing very well. I think we forget that when they actually play well they can be a really good team, and last year they showed lots of resilience, this season is just not going their way, and we never quite know why, but I think we should have a bit more patience. I think some changes are in order but not a complete rebuild.

• powdered toastmann says:

Kinda agree. Might not mean much but probably want to hang on to Moen as well (short term)…he’s one of our leading scorers.

• showey47 says:

Moen’s good season and previous stanley cup ring would probably net us a good pick at the trade deadline. Gill would also probably fall in this category. A decision also needs to be made about AK. Personally i hope they can keep him.

25. slapshot777 says:

Nickster

I could never understand why this is the only professional sport where the officials don’t come under scrutiny.

The reason that this is would be that if Bettman and the League want to fix games they would need to have the officials on board.

I watched the game today and I noticed the same thing blatant calls that should be penalties on the Flyers were ignored. I know that you wouldn’t get every call but you think that you should have at least half of them called.

Great job by Torts to call out the officials. Maybe the players should make that part of their requests in the CBA, that the owners work with the officials union to have them accountable for their actions on the ice.

• nickster13 says:

I wish we called them out more, its simple psychology, so if a ref knows the coach is on to him, it will affect him deep down, and as everyone knows, hockey is often called based on gut instincts, as there seems to be no clear cut rule about anything. So i love it!

26. slapshot777 says:

Nicks tear

27. price365 says:

Habs winning percentage is around 45%…to make the playoffs that has to change big time

28. good for Plekanec, Subban, Georges and all the rest to muster up some media coverage – its a long way until Wednesday- nothing much more to examine. Not really enthused about Gomez and Gionta coming of age again soon. I somewhat like the looks of the lineup now. But i guess something has to happen to turn things around – change the vibe, puck-luck or lineup. Does this mean players like Darche, AK..etc. view games from the pressbox?

29. HabFanSince72 says:

Anyone else watching Russia – Czech Republic?

Tremendous end to end hockey.

Way more entertaining than Bettman’s shite.

30. the gonk says:

Gauthier latest comments are spineless; what a way to support your new coach! What a dangerous and inconsistent GM we have at the most fragile of times. Can anyone honestly say they have confidence that this man can make the right choices going forward? I certainly don’t see it – I shot my bolt when we got that floater from the Hurricanes (I shall not utter his name). But this is surreal. I mean really. Gauthier can’t be the GM any longer, especially as the trade deadline approaches.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Kaberle was a great pickup. He will be the Habs top scoring defenceman this year.

• the gonk says:

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

• martincurran55 says:

I was disappointed when we signed Kaberle too. However, he has put up points and he is fairly cheap in comparison to other defensemen. The 2 more years is the only thing that concerns me, but I have changed my opinion on him. On Gauthier, I completely agree. We have to get someone in there ASAP because the trade deadline is only a few weeks away.

• showey47 says:

I really don’t get the hate for kaberle,he has 7 points in 10 games. Will probably hit 40 points this year despite having the crappy start in carolina. He averages close to 50 points a season,what more do you want? If anything,this helps push gomez and his contract out the door by this summer.

31. LA Loyalist says:

Here is the problematic part, which is actually PG quoting Molson:

“As (owner Geoff) Molson said in his communique a week ago, it’s very important to us that our head coach be bilingual.

“So that will be part of our decision at that point.”

So if RC is by definition not Head Coach by way of not being Bi, then why is he here?

Do they not realize they are totally castrating him of any authority over the team for the rest of the year?

If Molsons want a Bi head coach, then they should have hired one, as I admit is their right and privilege, (though I personally disagree). To hang RC out to dry like that, is pretty bad. And what then if RC starts winning? What if we have a run like New Jersey last year and then win the cup?

“Thanks Randy, that was great. By the way, you’re canned.”

Oh yeah, we have fired cup winning coaches before. Hush my mouth.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Or RC could learn a bit of French.

They should hire a personal language instructor for him.

A pretty one.

(Although if the team plays this way for the rest of the season it will be moot.)

32. nickster13 says:

Good speech by Gauthier. Listened to the whole thing (tsn video clip), pretty much nailed it on the head, except he still threw Cunneyworth under the bus a little bit. But minus that, i gained a little respect for him as he seems to know the team and situation well. Now here’s hoping he’s not afraid to make changes as the season winds down.

33. pierre lapuck says:

Given that I’m from English Canada; does “Pierre Gauthier” mean “Oy am I stupid” in French?

34. theox_8 says:

Well with that apology , they pretty much slap RC in the face. Way to go, there are so many spin offs to this franchise at the moment I almost forgot they were in 13th place. Would kirk muller get all this media negativity about not being bilingual if he were the bench boss?

• LA Loyalist says:

As a Stanley Cup winning Captain? I don’t think so, do you? Unfair? Of course, and it just shows how dumb the language argument is.

Sorry to repeat it, by the day Ferrari hired a non-Italian driver is the day this no longer mattered.

• theox_8 says:

Completely unfair, That apology kinda makes me embarassed to be a fan of this franchise, (this is where people are going to say ” well cheer for another team then”) I LIKE the team but where is this franchise heading??!

• showey47 says:

I found it a hell of alot more embarassing when certian politicians and media were calling for boycotts and acting like they have the right to tell molson how to run his team.If they feel they know whats right for the organization they should be ponied up the half billion dollars when the team was for sale.

• showey47 says:

I’m pretty sure RC knew somebody would be insulted if an anglo coach was hired. I don’t see it as a slap in the face to the coach.If anything, its something that gauthier probably should said a couple of weeks ago. But then again, if the habs were winning games and in a playoff spot nobody would even care.

35. Bozo McBozo says:

Good thing that the Habs don’t play until Wednesday. It will allow PG time to arrange therapist sessions for PK and Pleks to work out their issues.

36. Mr. Biter says:

As I posted about a week ago. We have 14 players with under 4 years of NHL experience. Play em (except LL and see below post why). This way we don’t tank but see who can and who cannot play at the NHL level.Best way to seperate the men from the boys. If some of our overpaid scorers (?) do start scoring we can trade them at the deadline or keep them. We have some very good young talent,but the best way to see who will stay and who will go is to let them play their way on or off.
    As i’ve said before some players get the chance to “Grab the Brass Ring” and do it (LL, Diaz, Emelin) wand others AP for example get the chances but let it slip through their fingers.

Mr. Biter

37. LA Loyalist says:

The perfect post. Here’s my take – you guys post yours, too, and we’ll come up with a winner.

The Perfect Post (from the future).

Great Habs practice today as the team prepares to defends its 25th Stanley Cup.

No one was injured. No punches were thrown between players.

The team this year has set lines, and the coach doesn’t manage his anxiety by screwing with them too much.

The veterans helped the rookies, and the rookies were last off the ice doing extra drills.

After practice the team patiently signed autographs for young kids.

The only people in the press box for the game tonight are reporters.

The GM did not hold a press conference about anything.

Mr. Geoff Molson announced a new line of beers with the players’ pictures on the labels honoring their 25th cup.

In other news, Bob Gainey attended a book-signing in Westmount of his memoirs, which critics say has gone a long way to restoring his reputation as GM.

Happy New Year

38. WindsorHab-10 says:

Is there a bridge high enough in Montreal that PG can jump off of?
    Just listened to his press conference. Quite classless.

39. solomio says:

ok boys I’ve been keeping up the banter for a couple of hours now. I must pass the torch onto one of you worthy Habs fans.
    Don’t let me down.
    Signing off ’till next time.

“I figure PG has one or 2 moves left to bring the Habs that extra step closer to perhaps being the best in the league.” – Einstein

40. Bozo McBozo says:

The spoon-playing dude in front of that Montreal department store
    has let it be known that he would never have signed Gorges for that amount of dough for that term.

41. habs001 says:

if polian can get fired than there is no way pg can be back next year if this season continues like it has so far..the sportnet roundtable panel earlier today felt that it is a suprise pg has not been fired yet

42. Bobcat Bob says:

Bobcat Bob
    @LA Loyalist — sorry you are dead wrong on both Gauthier AND Obama LOL. Watch the Habs prove you way wrong in the last 43 games ( 86 points available yet you dismiss Canadiens chances out of hand—– What a fan — every see anything positive about anything – what a joy you must be to live with LOL)

• LA Loyalist says:

The problem is I am older and spoiled by good Habs teams.
      I am used to Montreal teams that at a minimum were exciting to watch and you always felt they could explode at any moment (i.e. the “Greatest Comeback” game vs NY Rangers).
      The other problem is even in difficult times you could hold your head up as a Habs fan in confidence that management would conduct itself honourably in all circumstances.

George Gillet was such a man, actually. I think we all had great hope for Molsons, but so far, it is not looking good.

The bloom came off that rose during the Tremblay/Houle/Roy/Correy trainwreck, but nonetheless many of us clung to that.

At the moment, the Emperor has no clothes. If you are ok with that, well, fine. You probably sleep better than I do.

• theox_8 says:

man that comeback agaisnt the rangers was a beaut!! God you just brought back a great old memory of one of my fav habs games !!! dam you lol.

• LA Loyalist says:

I hope you have the 100th anniversary DVD set (that game is included) – last time I checked it was 1/2 price, admittedly the original pricing was a bit rich. Totally worth it, and fun, too, just seeing the haircuts and 70′s porn moustaches and sideburns, etc.,

• LA Loyalist says:

My wife would probably take your side. I am no walk in the park.

I would be thrilled if we got in stride and won 4 or 5 games in a row. Or if Unicorns gathered in front of the Bell Center. Or we traded to get MAB back…

… or any one of the above :-)

Time to take the kid to practice with his Russian coach. His knowledge of Russian swear words is improving every week :-)

• HabFanSince72 says:

Obama is the only adult in US politics.

He’s going to beat the living daylights out of whoever wins the reality show “America’s Biggest Bigot” aka the Republican primaries.

• habs-fan-84 says:

Hilarious. I think I’ve read all I need to read here tonight.
        Go Ron Paul.

• LA Loyalist says:

I am not very happy with any of the Republican candidates, to be very honest with you. But that said, Obama’s poll numbers are worse than Jimmy Carter’s. The Republicans could run John Edwards and win.

I am actually not so big on who is President, I think the President has too much power in general. I just want a small, conservative government who quietly takes care of its responsibilities and leaves us alone. Is that too much to ask?

• Everlasting1 says:

Heard Of Ron Paul? The insanity needs to end.

——————————————————————-
        “As I looked, and behold, a whirlwind coming out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness about it. Out of the midst thereof, was the colour of amber. And in the fire was what looked like four living creatures.” Ezekiel 1:4-6

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HabFanSince72 says:

Did PG say anything more than

“I’m sorry if we upset people. Because that certainly wasn’t our intention,” Pierre Gauthier told reporters Monday.”

Because that’s hardly offensive.

43. keepthefaith says:

Trying to find a decent post here is like looking for a ring that fell in the garbage.

• solomio says:

Read all of mine Faith. You won’t be disappointed.

• LA Loyalist says:

What did it look like? (the ring)

You’ve given me an idea! We should have a contest – we each write what we think is the perfect post (with a word limit) and then vote on each other’s posts until we get a winner.

We need something to cheer us up in these dark days.

• slychard says:

Can we plagiarize? My entry would be from an old short stories Woody Allen book of two guys playing chess through correspondence, (before internet) hilarious.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Kiss my hAbSS!!!

44. Bobcat Bob says:

Bobcat Bob
    OK, here is my take on the remainder of the season:
    1) Let RC remain the coach — I like what he is doing and the record should have reflected that except for some major bad luck in the 3rd.periods of games.
    2) Canadiens have not been playing that badly — no breaks from
    refs or deflections etc.
    3) They have been in almost every game they have played this
    year — no one outplaying them badly at all
    4) Teams they have to catch are not worldbeaters at all, several
    have started to play poorly like they will in the second half ( ie.
    overachieving Leafs, Ottawa, Devils etc.
    5) Injured players returning should help ( including Markov who will make all the difference on the power play)
    6) 2nd best penalty kill in the league ( compare that to the Leafs
    who are 30th and with that record could easily finish last this
    season0=– best thing for them as Wilson would be fired)

Only one complaint about RC — do not play Leblanc on the 4th
    line. The kid could be outstanding 3rd or
    2nd line forward.

Lastly I still feel a fully healthy Habs team in the next 43 games
    can AND SHOULD make the playoffs.

Comments????

45. The Dude says:

Gauthiers next big signing will be Marc Savard to a 4 year deal with incentive’s.Would of happened sooner,it’s just that no one can get through to Marc …………….he thinks he’s fishing!

46. LA Loyalist says:

Just saw the article about Gauthier’s quasi-apology on TSN.

I have rarely been more embarrassed as a Habs fan. Gauthier makes Gary Bettman or Brian Burke look classy.

If you had any doubt about this season having been written off by management, that was it. RC is a lamer duck than Obama’s Presidency.

You think Pearn was thrown under a bus? Cunneyworth is currently shopping online for a brown paper bag to put over his head.

Just when we were happy for 2 minutes over Gorges… I was kind of on the fence over PG.

Today made it easy to choose.

Burn the Reichstag. L’Annee du Tanque has begun.

Shameful.

• habstrinifan says:

I have read and re-read the posts LA Loyalist.

I think that you and I, so far, are the ONLY ones who see this as a deeply embarassing moment for this franchise.

It was sad!

• isirota1965 says:

I agree with both LA Loyalist and habstrinifan. In a season that has so far had only lowlights, this was yet another one.

• LA Loyalist says:

Can you please extrapolate? I mean I know what it’s like to live in Quebec, I lived there for a long time – but man, it’s 2012. Has nothing changed?

And entirely aside from the debate over what languages a coach should speak to coach the Habs, is this how you treat a guy?

I would prefer JM to still be here, and I was first in line to dump him.

Guys, explain PG to me. And I’m going to do as Punk S. Ter suggested and listen to the actual interview. It’s true that context may help.

J’espair.

• punkster says:

Read the transcript or listen to the actual interview. You may interpret it in a different way from TSN.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• habstrinifan says:

TSN didnt interpret it. I listened carefully to the entire transcript straight out of PG’s mouth. PG could have said many many things. He could have said for instance, “We, the President and I, were unclear WITH YOU as to tH e terms under which our decision of interim coach was made (no one before this press conference had viewed Randy as anything but interim.. pg STRANGELY left it open that the appointment wasnt in this statement). Randy has and will take steps to improve his French and thus will be evaluated along with others at season’s end.” We acknowledge the need for the coach to communicate in French and the proper steps will be made to assure that will be the case… regardless of who ends up being the head coach.”

What he said shows, firstly, total lack of consideration for Randy Cunneyworth… he treated RC as a irrelevant in the final decision…and, secondly, total incompetency in handling the entire issue.

There was NO interpretation.

47. solomio says:

C;mon guys… man up to this….

I think PK will not become a Norris Trophy winner.

So lets size PK up… does he score a lot or earn a lot of assists?

Does he hit hard and often?

Is he as good as Josh Gorges in the defensive end.?

Does he make good outlet passes.?

Does he have an accurate and booming shot from the point.?

Does he make wise decisions at the point, pinching etc., etc.,?

Does he drop the gloves in defence of a team mate?

Can he handle himself when the going gets tough.?

Is he a team first kind of guy.?

I’m willing to bet you didn;t answer yes to one of those questions.

I rest my case.

• punkster says:

Man up? What’s so manly about making a guess on a 22 year old, year and a half experience NHLer?

I repeat:
      Just wondering. Did you make the same calls on Lidstrom, Keith, Chara, Neidermayer, Pronger, MacInnis, Blake, Leetch, Chelios, Coffey, Bourque, et al…when they were 22 with a year and a half NHL experience?

Your Honor, the defense rests.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• LA Loyalist says:

PK has the one thing you can’t buy or teach: talent.

Is he raw? Yes. Is he young? Yes. Does he need coaching and mentoring to fulfill his potential? Yes. Larry Robinson did, too. Remember him?

Print out your post and laminate and save it, so you can remind yourself in three years how stupid you were.

• solomio says:

So you’re saying that I’m stupid because you think PK will win a Norris Trophy?
        You didn;t answer yes to one of those questions did you?

• LA Loyalist says:

Read “Robinson for the Defence” by LR, or “The Game” by Dryden.

PK may or may not win a Norris. But he will win a Stanley Cup. Whether it will be with us or elsewhere remains to be seen.

P.S. I didn’t say you were stupid. I said your analysis was stupid, ill-considered and flawed. On other situations your analysis might be fine. I deal with each idea as a stand-alone topic, often I don’t even note the poster.

• solomio says:

Thanks for that. My analysis would be flawed if you could answer yes to any of those questions which I still believe, in all honesty, that you cannot . Will you be able to answer yes to any of those questions in one year, 2 , 3 or 10 ?
            Time will tell.

And neither did you !!

• habs001 says:

would you not be interested in a 22 year old d who after 117 nhl games has 17 goals and 56 points…

48. GUNKA DIN says:

Brace yourselves folks.

My take as a wannabe GM is

Now that the Habs have a primo D-man in Gorges signed to a six year contract at a pretty reasonable cap hit, who is just the type of player essential to a cup contender, they can trade him at the deadline for about two or three primo large body scoring prospects with the odds pretty good they will end up with one actual high impact player who can score, and two trade baits for other role players down the line.

And another serious need for a cup contender would be Hal Gill as the shut down man in the PK.
    Man that guy covers fourteen feet of ice without even moving. What’s he worth in prospects?

Does he have another year with the Habs?

Nope.

There are several very good D in the pipe to replace Gorges, but few big wingers.

At least the Habs are showing the development of strength down centre which is the real core of a successful franchise.

Remember how long it took Plex to develop then take a look at Lars Eller and LL. Both guys are big and growing bigger.

Give it a couple years and those two will be contenders for the top line, with DD as a killer scoring threat at centre as well.

I believe that in a couple of years the Habs will be real contenders, not like the flash in the pan in 2010 but more solid.

The core is good, and maybe one of those trades can be insisting on the tradee take Gomez and his cap hit on as well as Gorges.

Gomer can contribute elsewhere, he is a plus player on a low scoring team with some potential that needs a change.

see my blog at http://noroomatthedump.blogspot.com/

• solomio says:

Gunka… as a GM you’re full of Gunka.
      First of all you have stated that Gorges is a Primo defenceman. He is not a Primo defenceman. He is a good stay at home defenceman. Period.
      Therefore your trading him for 2 or 3 large bodied scoring Primo forwards just crashed. That was unrealistic to begin with.

Hal Gill and prospects.. not much thats for sure.

LL is not a phyical big center and never will be. He is 6ft & 184.
      Eller is 6’2 and 192 and is a lot more physical than LL

DD as of yet is not a goal scorer but rather a playmaker. Not a killer threat as you have imagined.

You want to trade Gorges??
      And you think Gomer could be usefull elsewhere ??

Sorry Gunka you have flunked the exam.

• LA Loyalist says:

Your post is good – my only qualification is Leblanc is pretty young (?) with good training he could put on 10-15 lbs over next two years which in hockey is a lot (trust me, I’m trying to LOSE that much on the other end to gain speed :-))

• GUNKA DIN says:

Learn to read before you flap yer keys, Solomio.

I wrote trade for prospects of size, not players which as you pointed out is unlikely. I knew that.

And for a team headed to the playoffs a D who is the TOP shot blocker in the NHL is something many GMs would want right away if they thought it would make a difference.

As for the whackadoos who want a trade for a big, hard hitting goal scoring centre or winger? What GM in this universe is gonna trade one away? And what can the Habs offer that’s tempting and they can afford for the team to lose?

The young six footers are gonna fill out and be bigger, stronger, more effective.
        DD makes things happen, like scoring, and winning face offs in the O-zone, and he is only on his second year. He reminds me of Henri Richard. A real play maker, with a fire in his belly. Never drafted, he played his way onto a team the hard way, with big talent.

see my blog at http://noroomatthedump.blogspot.com/

49. Eric37 says:

Not sure if that was actually a fight.

—————————————————-

To quote the great Carey Price: “Chill out.”

E.

50. aj says:

Our Team right now is such full of drama, we should’ve hired HBO to film everything LOL!!!

51. habsgod says:

here’s a question for my fellow habs fans do you think we trade pk subban after this? god i hope not he’s clearly the best defencman to come through our system in many,many years………..well since chris chelios! plus if we do trad him he will develop into the norris trophy defencman that he is and we’ll be kicking ourselves for that,plus if he trade him you knowgauhtier wil get fleeced in the trade and leafsfans,bruins fans etc will laugh at us at what we gave away!

• 24moreCups says:

Does anyone think Nathan Beaulieu will be better then PK? Obviously having both on our team would be great.

And I’m not one trying to say we should trade PK, I think he will be a great some day.

• solomio says:

I think PK will not become a Norris Trophy winner.

So lets size PK up… does he score a lot or earn a lot of assists?

Does he hit hard and often?

Is he as good as Josh Gorges in the defensive end.?

Does he make good outlet passes.?

Does he have an accurate and booming shot from the point.?

Does he make wise decisions at the point, pinching etc., etc.,?

Does he drop the gloves in defence of a team mate?

Can he handle himself when the going gets tough.?

Is he a team first kind of guy.?

I’m willing to bet you didn;t answer yes to one of those questions.

I rest my case.

• Everlasting1 says:

Case closed. The Blues have two rookie dmen who are leaps and bounds better than that chump.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Mark C says:

Ian Cole and Cade Fairchild? You must be hanging out with the Dude.

• Everlasting1 says:

Troll away..good times. Try Alex and Kevin.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Everlasting1 says:

If we’re comparing sophomores, have it your way.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Mark C says:

Hey, you wrote rookies and Cole and Fairchild are the only rookie D. My apologies, I thought you would know your favorite team.

• Everlasting1 says:

Apologist accepted.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• punkster says:

Your Honor, the defense rests.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• TorontoHabsFan says:

We’re in Canada my friend…I believe you meant to say “Your Worship” :D

Cheers!

• Everlasting1 says:

I shudder at this comparison. Those are some tight fitting goggles..

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Mr. Biter says:

How one’s stock can drop in 3 months.

Mr. Biter

• The Dude says:

Trade Subban for Ryan Ellis….

• smiler2729 says:

Trade Pekanec!

Freakin’ overpaid girlie player (his words)…

You all whine about Gomez (very good and very awful under the Montreal lights and yes, overpaid beyond belief), Cammalleri and Gionta about preformance vs. salary but c’mon man! Plekanec is no better than a 3rd line defensive forward masquerading as a top 6 thanks to Hab Nation hysteria…

Trade ‘im

___________________________________
      Jack Edwards sucks chowdah chunks

• olematelot says:

Your evaluation is totally out to lunch.

• mount royal says:

Pleks has played badly ever since he was constantly, and against his own wishes, put on the PP point by Martin. That was a disaster and sapped his confidence. I also suspect that, as a new father, he is not getting enough sleep. He’s still an excellent hockey player and Subban will be one of the premier Dmen in the league. No question about it; he’s a keeper..

52. aj says:

I just watched the petite scrap by PK and Plecks. I was wondering if the breaking of fights inside practice sessions are a part of the $3.9 Million deal that Josh Gorges signed 6 years.

Hmmm…….

• HabFab says:

Worried about those two, this is their third set-to.

• aj says:

You mean to say they did it before? I know Cammy and Gorges almost got a scrap back in 2009. PK and Max Pac almost as well.

• HabFab says:

Twice last season…remember Lappy giving PK a snow face rub. That was one of the two times.

• aj says:

No i didn’t remember that HabFab. Thanks for the info anyway.

IF PK wants to be the agitator role of the Habs, he’d better take up some fighting lessons ASAP (probably he should drop by at TriStar gym and take JiuJitsu lessons from GSP)! He’s a fruitcake in doing fights and I don’t know if he’ll survive a scrap in a real game. His last one by Marchand is by far, the lousiest fight performance he did.

Probably Chris Nilan should be dropping by Complex Sportif Brossard to teach Subban a thing or two about being an agitator.

yup, I hear you Frank. Team desperately needs Markov helping steer that defence core. Gorges can do a good job, but having an all star showing the young players how to be an allstar is even better. What do they say, Actions speak louder than words. I miss this team not having Markov’s actions.

• HabFab says:

Gerald, don’t know about you BUT man it is getting hard to stay positive about this season!

Notice the other evening you had a bit of a run in with “Sybil’ (multi personalities), one of our originals that operates under several avatars. He used to be a hoot but seems to be only a negative troll these days.

Edit; Sybil is my nickname for him.

• LA Loyalist says:

Page 62, para 6, line 3… and Gorges initialed it on bottom right corner.

53. The Dude says:

Plecs,Gionta,Gomez,DD,Cammi and Gallagher…fun times.

54. Habsolutely says:

just a little curious, for those who watched the Habs/Panthers game on tv, did they say anything on tv about the habs fan who got kicked out for mooning the camera?

• solomio says:

Don’t know but what became of the racial slur thing?

• Habsolutely says:

i didn’t even know the racial slur happened till I read about it after the game. they did the kiss cam thing like they do every game, (most arenas do it) they show panther fan couples on the big screen and they kiss and then they show another couple and so on and so forth. at the very end they always put the camera on two fans of the opposing team as a joke. well they did it to two guys in their habs jerseys and one of the guys was ready for them and quickly turned around and pulled his pants down. the habs fans in the place were laughing pretty hard. so then security came and kicked the guy out and as he was walking up the stairs he pulled his pants down again. it was pretty crazy.

• Danno says:

Those two Habs fans put the @ss in classy!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• solomio says:

I don’t care about the feaking moonies I just want to know what has come of that racual slur incident. You’re in Fla and you don;t know? It wasn’t in the papers down there? I think a member of a Florida sporting franchise cannot go around throwing racial slurs at African Americans without some repurcussions.(sp)

• Habsolutely says:

they had a blurb about it in the Miami Herald. But thats about all I know. I know the guy who did it is a meathead from Hamilton, Ontario. and I think he’s the same guy who called Maxim Lapierre “not much of a man” or something like that.

• HabFab says:

Retro was at the game ;)

• aj says:

maybe a hypothetical racial slur came up between Subban and Plekanec w/c led them to duke it out.

From Concussions, to racism, to homophobes, man the current players in the NHL sure knows how to entertain their fans this season.

• GUNKA DIN says:

The racial slur is being” investigated” by Colin Campbell. At least there were no Bruins involved.

see my blog at http://noroomatthedump.blogspot.com/

• HabFab says:

A long suffering Hab fan who drank too much at an Irish Pub and lives on the Keys.
      Why, do you know him?

Is he still in jail?

• Habsolutely says:

are you talking about the guy who posts here? Slychard I think his name is? anyway, I don’t know who the guy was, just one of many habs fans at the game, I was just curious if they mentioned it on tv.

• solomio says:

The guy who mooned the camera. Mooning is not looked upon kindly in Fla and I am certain the culprit whould have spent the rest of the night in the slammer.
          Just curious.
          And what did come of the racial slur thing?

• Habsolutely says:

last I heard is that it is being investigated by Colin Cambell. Which I don’t understand because I thought Shanny was in charge of NHL disciplinary stuff?

• HabFab says:

LOL, thought I was describing you! ;) My bad :)

• Habsolutely says:

lol, I thought so, but there is a guy who posts here who is a habs fan who lives in key west. I live in Miami. and I had my wife, sister and her husband with me so I had to be on my best behavior. if they showed the puck going into the crowd and being caught by a habs fan in the first period, then you saw me on tv, because it was me. I got a pretty good cheer for it to…

• slychard says:

It wasn’t me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          Kiss my hAbSS!!!

No? I heard they had wi fi at the Sunrise County clink

• HabFab says:

I believe you, that @ss I would definitely remember!

• slychard says:

No. I was too busy to go. Not that I would want to go the way they’ve been playing anyway. Last night I started watching the replay on habsonlinetv.blogspot and fell asleep only to wake up in time to see PK do his shenanigans, that was enough for me and turned it off for good. Maybe I’ll watch the whole thing tonight to see if I know the guy but most of my hab friends on the island are going to the feb game. I doubt I know him. Sorry to disappoint but it wasn’t me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• HabFab says:

No problem, didn’t actually believe it was you. However, you do live at one of my favourite spots in the world so some jealousy here…”sigh”

• Everlasting1 says:

No worries, your identity remains anonymous.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Habsolutely says:

you’re hilarious. I guess no former habs scored tonight right?? slow night for ya huh? I’m flattered you took time from staring at your Halak poster to respond to me.

• Everlasting1 says:

Games have just begun fool. Your gold-framed PK painting is just tacky.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• Habsolutely says:

well good luck. I hope lots of ex-habs score tonight so you will have lots of fun trolling us here tonight.

55. price365 says:

How about this line:

Max-Pac Parise Kostitsyn

Stop it !

• aj says:

for PG to get Parise here, good luck!

NJ ain’t letting go their current captain and top scorer. Come end of season, he might be offered a deal he can’t refuse.

56. The Jackal says:

I’m surprised some of the posters here haven’t been offered jobs at an NHL team front office…

Most of us already are