Multimedia, video of both teams: Carey Price wanted a whistle

Pleks:Pacioretty

The Canadiens goaltender said he thought he had the puck frozen on the play that became Kris Letang’s overtime goal.
And Jacques Martin felt “extremely disappointed” for his players.

“We were playing our ninth game in 15 days,” the coach said, “against the best team in the league, and they have no injuries.
“We competed really hard.”

Martin audio

1. Izzy says:

I read 3 or 4 posts below, until someone said Cammy cant win a puck battle right now. I could read no further. That same poster also included Gionta in that sentence. Those two in the same sentence dont ever belong unless they’re sharing a mutual tee off time. Gionta goes full bore into the corners head first against the biggest guys in the league. The last bruins game for example he went at Chara on 4 ( four) seperate occassions. He bounced off, but he went in there.
    If any of you have last nights game PVR’d, please go to the pens second goal. It is exactly indicative of that which I’ve been complaining about in regards to Cammy all year. Cammy is coming out of his zone, deep on the left hand side……the puck trickles into the zone on the left hand side, with crosby about 30 feet behind it on the chase. When cammy watched the puck go by his left skate, he was about 6 feet away from it, still 25 feet clear of crosby or any other penguin….he proceeded forward towards the blueline and let crosby retrieve the puck, at which point he made his fabulous left turn a la Toller Cranston, and made like he was on the chase…never touching a thing on the shift. The rest can be seen on the scoresheet and in your gazette box score.
    You CAN NOT CHEAT like this even at the pee wee level. You will get burned and lose, AND…at the pee wee level, the coach will take you aside and tell you to go ahead and take your skates off, as your afternoon is finished.
    Seriously?……what gives with this prima donna coward?…..and does he have a picture of JM sitting in his office secretly eating a bowl of count chocula that allows him to get away with this?
    You cant fool ANY of the fans, let alone all of em.

“Peter Mahovolich wouldn’t have taken that crap”

• habitual says:

Yes, that play pissed me off. That type of play would have a rookie’s ass stapled to the bench for the rest of the game. Thought Cammy really wasn’t interested last night.

• petefleet says:

I saw that play as well. I found myself looking at the cieling saying “WTF?” If he’s waiting for the playoffs to get his mojo going, he may be waiting a long time.
      I haven’t extrapolated Gionta’s points, but I think it’s fair to say that he’s on pace for a Gomer-like year if something, anything, doesn’t change soon. He’s got alot of catching up to do and so does Cammy. Good thing the new guys and young guys are showing up most nights or the Habs would be right up there with Columbus.

******************************************
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

***Habs Forever***

2. oioioi says:

Can we just talk about Cammy?
    Yeah we have issues, Gomez sucks, Weber forgot how to play hockey, PK forgot he is a star, etc
    BUT CAMMY?!?! WHAT THE HELL??
    Doesn’t want the puck for more than 1 second for fear he will get hit, wont go into the corner, wont check anyone…
    I know everyone says he is hurt, etc. I would rather he sit his ass down and bring up some AHL kid like Blunden (although that hurt to say) and heal from whatever is “ailing” him than play like this. Its embarassing. And how has Plecky not flipped out on this guy yet for ruining his line?
    Honestly. I hate Cammy. And you should too.

• CHasman says:

Hate is a strong word but he has been my whipping boy when I watch the games this year and my wife has asked me why. She said ‘I thought you liked Squid’ and then I told her what you just wrote. He has quit and I don’t know why. Definitely needs an attitude adjustment because he’s just dialling it in.

• petefleet says:

I had to check your profile. I thought you were a buddy of mine cause we call Cammy squid too. Started over him not being able to say his name and said calamari instead. We were on a road trip to Montreal 2 years ago. Laughed our asses off the whole trip. That’s too funny.

******************************************

***Habs Forever***

3. emann_222 says:

Best video of the night was the Price interview and reaction to the abysmal non-call on the puck freeze.

This team wasn’t aces tonight, but they deserved a better outcome than this.

As far as the Pacioretty hot goes, I stand by my thoughts that it was a clean hit. Many reasons for that thought.

Feel free to check out “Canadiens v Penguins : Head-shots and Blowing Whistles” at http://bit.ly/t2P3MU

More than happy to hear your thoughts!

Visit me at http://www.bleedbleublancrouge.com and http://www.allhabs.net

4. C-Sword says:

Pleks forgot how to carry the puck out of his own zone. Didn’t he recently cause a turnover that led to a shorthanded goal by the opposing team? He has been making a lot of terrible decisions lately and having him at the point on the PP sure doesn’t help. Cammy and Gio just can’t win puck battles, they may be fast, but they lacked strength. The lines need to be balanced better, you just can’t have a trio made of 3 midgets.

I’d like to see

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Cole
    Moen – Plekanec – Gionta
    Cammalleri – Eller – Kostitsyn

That line of Plekanec-Cammy-Gionta was awful and needs to broken up. Switch up Cammy and Patches and bring up Blunden. Send down Palushaj.

At least the power play tried Subban and Eller for a change. Both were nervous as hell. That’s what happens when certain players get electric shocks for errors while Gomez and Darche get food pellets.

Two of the Habs goals scored tonight were essentially tic-tac-toe plays although in each case the tic was a rebound pass.

But the line of Plex, Cammy and Gionta really sucked. Did I say that?

::::::::::::::::

6. Rickly33 says:

They wouldn’t have any of this crap if they drop the instigator rule. You think Sydney (girls name) Crosby would butt end someone in the face if that didn’t exist. Listen you have Sydney (girls name) Crosby going around throwing his weight around, if that rule didn’t exist.

• Chuck says:

Crosby was asked about that incident, and basically said, “That’s hockey. That’s what happens in scrums. If you crosscheck the goalie, than you’ve got to expect to deal with it.”

So Crosby’s point of view was that his elbow/butt end to the head was warranted. And yet, he wants hits to the head eliminated because of his concussion. What a hypocrite.

• olematelot says:

Sidney, not Sydney

7. Ozmodiar says:

Funny how people blame JM, given the depleted defense corps and a top line (in dollar terms) featuring Cammy-Gomez-Gionta (18.3M cap hit).

I’d like to see how we’d do without “The System”.

Tankologists, I’m sure, would also like to see it.

8. showey47 says:

Not sure if maxpac will get a suspension or not. At the beginning of october i would have said yes but over the last month or so shanahan,for some reason,has become inconsistent at best with the way he has handled these cases. Its tough to say,it wasn’t blind side but it was a high hit on someone who was taking a shot which makes him vulnerable.

• Chuck says:

Though not an intentional intent to injure, because their was blood on the ice it wouldn’t surprise me to see him get a couple of games.

(I’m trying to run Boone’s reverse-jinx here…)

• leftwinger2010 says:

It was a big blindside to the head, elbow out, leg out and lunge to the player. Suspension is written all over it. Couldnt happen to a better whiner.

Leftwinger

• showey47 says:

You don’t get a broken nose from direct contact from the blindside unless your nose is where your ear is. But nice of you to make up a new username today to troll about it.

9. durocher says:

Cammy for Umberger. Do it!

• Ozmodiar says:

Or, maybe TJ Oshie? Not enough? Perhaps they could add a draft pick or BJ Crombeen to round out our 4th line.

I suspect Oshie can be had, and there seems to be a pattern of our GM dealing with theirs (D’Ags/Eller)

10. Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

On the Pacioretty/Letang issue, there was a similiar hit a couple days ago, Zack Bogosian on Cody Eakin, no call on the play, no suspension. Interesting to see if the suits in NYC agree.

*edit* I don’t think Eakin was shooting, just a cut across the blue line and the defender hit him
    ____________________________________________________
    They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

11. Habsolutely says:

just breaks your heart listening to Carey in the scrum. He deserved better than that. He had the puck covered and the pens player skates from behind the net and kicks the puck out. What the hell is wrong with the NHL.

12. punkster says:

OK, the inmates are taking over the asylum so it’s time to chill, mellow out and drift off.

Herbie Hancock, 1974 live in Bremen, “Butterfly”…just let it flow:

***Subbang Baby!!!***

13. durocher says:

Good on Price for expression his frustration and anger. I also respect him for implicitly criticizing “the system” – sit back and the opposition will be all over you.

The present circumstances are not sustainable — winning one, losing one, playing .500 hockey, pretending like we are competitive. Our “top” line — Pleks, Cammy, Gio — is horrendous. Thank all deities for Price, Cole, DD, and Max Power.

Fire JM. Fire PG. Bury Gomez in the minors. Trade Cammy. Dump Darche. Get Pleks off the point on the PP. Get Weber off the top PP unit and give him a kick in the pants. Clone Cole and Emelin.

14. Bouleau noir says:

How many referes do you need out there to get a whistle going when a puck is frozen ? seems like having two of them is just not enouph….. frustrating .. again.

Price was busy tonight and got us a point but they were other players, the Desharnais line was full value but Pleks line is being dragged down by Cammalleri’s ultra soft plays, Eller’s puck handling is getting to be very good but he will be more usefull when he stopped taking penalties…. 8 goals for Moen, this guy is doing really good this season…. not a bad line once Kostitsyn warms up.
    Are we last in PP efficiency ? Why does Martin keeps using Weber on the first wave ? Subban is a better PP point player…. and why keep using Plek at the point ? we’ve proved to have a poor PP this year so what the hell is he waiting for ?

15. Rickly33 says:

Watch sports desk, a 5’11″ rookie maybe 190lbs hit him from behind, chara went into the boards like he was shot.

16. Rickly33 says:

I think something is going to happen in the league, there’s no control over anything. You have officals that control the outcome of a game. You get that in the play-offs something bad is going to happen on the ice.

17. Rickly33 says:

Ps if chara goes down that easy, everyone need to hit him! Candy ass.

18. Carey was fuming and at the same time slammed his guys/coach for sitting back.

I’m the world’s Best Price fan, and I say Well Done Carey.

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

19. JoeC says:

“We competed really hard.”

Ninth Game in 15 days means F all, just an excuse.

We competed really hard??
    REALLY

REALLY??????????

Did i miss this game and watch a repeat from last year or somethinG?

JM should be complainign about the reffing, not blowing smoke up our butts trying to hide the fact that his team doesnt play for him.

• I was really surprised he said that. Excuses are very un-JM.

______________________________
      Seriousfan09 has started a Movember team named McPhee’s Irregulars. Donate to him, or me or the team to raise money for a great cause!

• otter649 says:

A media member probably asked him a question that brought out that answer since JM does not normally use excuses as AB said…..

• Shiloh says:

I was 6 rows behind the Penguins bench and saw things up close. Bylsma must have had 50 different little exchanges with his players – a word or two sometimes. I did not notice Martin interacting with his players once.

• Sap Anderson says:

I have season tickets just above the Habs’ entrance, so I’m lucky to see a lot of games. One of my favourite parts about those seats is that you can see (and hear) the players going back to the bench, and you can watch the coaches operate.

I can safely say that every single other coach in the league interacts more with his players than JM, and it’s really starting to show.

• BMO HAB says:

….if I’m not mistaken I believe that is called in-game coaching…..haven’t seen that up here in Mtl. Must be some new faze going on in the US…..never catch on up here…….

“I reject your reality and substitute my own”.

- Adam Savage

• PureGuava says:

I thought he seemed more positive than usual. Less Dim.

“Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.”
      - Robert Anton Wilson

20. Shiloh says:

Back at the hotel after seeing the game at Centre Bell. Long day – left Thunder Bay at 8 am. Last call was horrible. Couldn’t believe that they showed all controversial replays on the scoreboard. Camalleri is basically ineffective in all areas of the game right now. Nokia looked very good in his limited role – don’t know that he saw the ice much in the 3rd. PK and Eller are squeezing their sticks – they know they are just one screwup away from riding the pine – their names aren’t Scott Gomez.

Martin seems to want to impose himself on every game instead of providing all the support he can for his players’ strengths and then allowing them to play. Cole seems to be saying on every shift – “Martin, I’m going to play this way – just go ahead and try to change me,” Many of the others don’t seem to be as brave.

Very exciting game – great venue, but count on at least a half hour to pee, unless you want to miss some of the game.

• Mark C says:

The Habs’ leader in ice time, by almost 2 minutes, is squeezing his stick for fear of making a mistake and riding the pine? Really?

• JoeC says:

Im being a broken record all season long, but even during the wins , i keep saying it.

The system does not work! the players that are not buying into it are succeeding, and the players that are “trying” to buy in really dont give a $hit and sucking bad .

JM has to go

• Ozmodiar says:

+1 on Cole’s internal dialogue.

BTW….i find that if one waits until halfway through the intermission, the washroom line-ups die down, considerably.

• ProHabs says:

Oh man what a waste of a night in Montreal Shiloh. Watching the Habs lose and then you head back to the hotel instead of going to Chez Paree’s. If not Chez Paree at least go to Wanda’s.

• HardHabits says:

Good call Shiloh.

PK and Eller were finally given a chance on the PP and you can see how nervous they were. Totally afraid to make a mistake. Bad passes. Could not set up.

At least they were out there.

• j2w4habs25 says:

Thunder bay all the way!!.. alot of snow for when you get back…

Carey Price #31

21. Rickly33 says:

Something coming, Carey was that mad, that he could of tore the head off of someone. That was bad, he had the puck covered for a good 5 seconds. Ref must have felt bad for crybaby I mean Crosby. That was bad, you fight and BS like that happens. Booooo for the officials tonight.

22. JoeC says:

Price looked like he wanted to start throwing his equipment around in his interview, he WANTS to win. Whats wrong with teh rest of the team?

Oh ya, thats right, the “SYSTEM”

Listen to what Patchs sais, its almost like hes hinting that they shouldnt have took there foot off the gas, almost like they where “TOLD” to do it

Hmmmm

JM, yes, you are a mastermind……

Please, PG, do your job with this beer league coach.

23. naweed235 says:

OK I’ve had with Cammaleri!!! WTF is wrong with him? he can’t make the simplest play, does not skate, NO COMPETE IN HIM WHAT SO EVER!!!
    Can’t believe it… Is is b/c he has become a father and he is up all night? JEEEZ

• ProHabs says:

Cammy should be sitting on the bus right beside Gomez heading straight for Hamilton.

• mb says:

Cammy has been invisible for the whole season. He looks scared of getting hit, never gets in the corner, never fights for the puck… Frustrating, really!

• BMO HAB says:

…..not as frustrating as buying his jersey at the start of the year and seeing this shit ass performance so far…OMG!

“I reject your reality and substitute my own”.

- Adam Savage

• JoeC says:

Cams should be with a Powerforward, should be the one thats getting passes and shooting the damn puck, like in Calgary, but JM has 3 small players trying to play dump and chase and cycle the puck. Thats whats wrong with Cams hes not being used at all properly.

• mb says:

Used properly or not, he still doesn’t show any signs about competing and getting involved. I agree, though, that the whole team isn’t that much better than him.

• naweed235 says:

Oh trust me dude… if you watched him play for the last 6 or 7 games or so, you’d know what i am talking about… He just seems like he does not give a rat’s a$$… no fighting for the puck, dangles with the passes, horrible, HORRIBLE on the PP… F HIM… IM SO PISSED… That was a $hitty night all together… Never though I would hate my favorite player so much…
        And that’s me probably over reacting a lil…

• JoeC says:

OH OH i agree, dont get me wrong. Hes not the only one, and yes hes not trying, but i think this stems from hatred of the system or the coach, because Cams is usually one of the hardest working players and focused, but it looks like hes given up on the coach.

• HardHabits says:

Cammy is like a mini Lucic. He skates around all hunch backed as if he did too many reps and forgot about stretching and flexing.

24. Quote of the night

likehoy
    November 26, 2011 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm
    if Halak were in nets, this would never have happened.

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

25. thetruebeerman says:

i just watched all the Video comments from the game by players/coach’s…………….i have one thing to say……”WHERE IS YOUR BALLS COACHING STAFF”……do you think other organizations would stick up for there players…..of course….but not Montreal….no wonder this team is struggling the way it is….”IT’S LACK OF LEADERSHIP”……Grow a set JM…….this team needs a change as this Organization is going no where with this coaching staff, if they cant take a small fine to make a point about the bad call.

Utterly disgraceful!!

26. Habsolutely says:

eggzactly. some guy was criticizing Gio for being a minus and I was like, the whole team was a minus!! lol

27. Nine1one says:

Really disappointing game, Eller looked great though.

28. TOP DAWG says:

C’mon Carey. Tell it like it was that it was a Bullshate call & the Refs are bush league. I did not like Jeremy Roenick but he didn’t have any trouble call anyone out! I figured Martin would blow a gasket on that blown call. The Habs are starting to make me sick. Not one pair of gaunads between the lot of them.

“If you’re not the TOP DAWG, the view never changes”

• athanor says:

If you had heard the RDS feed of that interview, you wouldn’t have had the lame editing job that HI/O gives us above. Carey said something like ‘I had the FN (except he used the full word) puck covered.’

29. habsfan0 says:

The refs called 2 goals back on the Penguins. Guess they felt they owed em one.

30. Tharsis says:

Seriously, the ref was behind the net, there is no way he could see the puck let alone make a judgement call whether or not Price had the puck. Total BS, the habs clearly were dominated this game but to lose that way is just sickening.

Also, Cammy is just terrible. He is sooooo soft on the puck, and refuses to go into the boards…that 3nd goal was totally on him for not tying up Crosby along the boards…shameful.

———————————-

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

• TOP DAWG says:

There are TWO Refs on the ice is there not? AND if the Ref can’t see the puck the play is to be called dead.

“If you’re not the TOP DAWG, the view never changes”

31. Exit716 says:

Wow. What stinging words towards the offficals by Martin. Grow a bare you Eunuch. Disappointed for the players. Ask your owner in April when he misses out on $2 million per home game in the playoffs. Nice to see there’s fire and passion in Habs management. Tired old fart with no ideas and a vegan as GM. No wonder the Habs get shit on regularly.

32. Chrisadiens says:

I was prepared for the loss in OT or the SO, but the refs refusal to blow the play dead on the game winner has left me furious. I have zero faith in the NHL. There is good reason this sport will NEVER achieve high rankings in world popularity. The officiating. Almost every call is a judgement call, and the refs never seem get the right call. We need black/white rules that are enforced without judgement. I thought we were getting that after the lockout…..not so much. Enjoy being on channel 4000 in standard definition NHL.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

33. billylove says:

I’m usually pretty critical when we blow a two goal lead at home but not tonight. I can’t even get worked up at the way it ended. Fortunate we even got the point so I’m giving full credit to Carey Price for stealing it. After all, this team will go only as far as he can take it.

34. Sheldon says:

Jacques Martin is about as effective as a mesh condom. Who will rid us of this useless jackass?

35. mb says:

Wow…
    1- The puck was covered (AND if the ref didn’t see it, he should have called the play dead)
    2- The guy with the OT goal wasn’t even allowed to be on the ice (not with a jersey stained by blood anyway)

But hey… Why am I not even surprised with this reffing?
    Total BS.

• Chuck says:

Good point about the blood stains.

• Ozmodiar says:

Really, if you think about it, if we’re blaming the loss on some blood stains, that’s pretty sad.

The stains were sufficiently wiped (although still visible). The frozen puck, on the other hand….

• Chuck says:

It’s in the rules, which is why it came up for discussion. But whether he was wearing a stained jersey or a fresh one has no bearing on the ref blowing the call.

• Ozmodiar says:

Exactly….blood or no blood, it had no impact on the outcome. We shouldn’t blame this. It will only provide fodder for Bruins fans.

If we’re gonna bitch, let’s bitch about the non-whistle on the goal, shall we? You know, those whistles that we usually hear all to quickly when the puck isn’t covered!! ….but juuust so happened to be a bit delayed tonight…on national TV….with our golden boy Sid the Kid playin’…..against all odds…

• Chuck says:

By the way HNIC addressed the issue of the jersey, saying that the NHL agreed to let it back on the ice, even though the rule states that there must be NO blood.

• Ozmodiar says:

Yeah, as long as risk of contamination isn’t there…

• mb says:

I’m not blaming the loss on the blood stains, just saying that it added up to the absurdity of the reffing tonight.

36. deuce6 says:

Oh No! Martin didn’t feel “extremely disappointed”? What did he do afterwards? Go into his office and rip a piece of paper?

His in-game adjustments are what cost us this game. Simple as that….

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

• LL says:

lol, I question a lot of JM’s decisions, but blaming him for this loss?
      You might as well blame Gomez.

Pens are a powerhouse. As much as I love our team, we do not have the players they do, and considering, they did very well.

Without the BS at the end, I would bet on on Price before I bet on Fleury for a win.

• punkster says:

Good points. It didn’t appear to be a coaching issue but rather the Pens forcing Habs to make sloppy errors. These Pens are damned good and some key Habs were just horrid. (PK and Cammy and the whole retched power play for example).

Lucky to get a point. Move on.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• habsfan0 says:

Wouldn’t John Tortorella have about the exact same reaction?

Probably not.

37. Ozmodiar says:

a) Gomez scores
    b) Cammy wins a 1 on 1 battle for the puck

So…what happens 1st??

38. habs-hampton says:

Too many soft passes. We need short, crisp passes to move the puck.

Time’s up, JM must go!

39. DorvalTony says:

Missed the game but pleasantly surprised/relieved at the result. Now for Canadiens Express on RDS.

40. RGM says:

Boone, y u no show F-bomb!?!

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!
    RGM’s Movember page: http://mobro.co/RGM81

41. Fred D says:

(1) It won’t get us the second point, but we didn’t deserve the missing whistle on the last goal. How many times in the last week have we seen a fast whistle when the action was at the opposition net?
    Not very consistent.
    (2) We played with the Penguins, stride for stride most of the time. I hope the belly-aching on here lets up a bit. See this team in today’s perspective and stop looking through 1960′s glasses; the playing field has a different topography

42. cameronwalker89 says:

If Patches was a B would he be in contention for a suspension? Just sayin’.

“The day you hear someone call me captain will be the day I buy a boat.”
    -The Flower

• Jim Edson says:

If he was a B it would already be dismissed as a pure hockey play!

Jeremy Jacobs would have made the call by the start of OT.

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Barak Obama or Gary Bettman.

43. smiler2729 says:

Ripped off.

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards sucks chowdah chunks

44. Habsolutely says:

Why the Hell do people lump Gionta in with Gomez??? Gionta is on pace for 24 goals this year, he had 29 last season and 28 the season before. How the hell does he compare with Gomez? What the hell has Gomez done on this team?