Multimedia: Auld starts vs. Atlanta

Missed it by that much…

AUDIO: Jacques Martin

Canadiens goaltender Alex Auld will get the start between the pipes in Atlanta tomorrow night vs. the Thrashers.

It will be just the second game this season for last summer’s free-agent signing, his only previous game a 30-save, 3-1 road victory over the New York Islanders on Oct. 29.

Post-practice audio is linked above of head coach Jacques Martin, and below is dressing-room video of Auld, captain Brian Gionta and Lars Eller, who’s beginning to feel nervous about the rookie-pays team dinner that must be on the horizon.

Eller doesn’t think his teammates will go for McDonald’s. But at least he will split the tab with P.K. Subban…

VIDEO: Captain Brian Gionta on his team’s effort against Los Angeles and their game Friday in Atlanta, and a little about the Grey Cup. When he says “Who’s playing?”, note his wink.

lB3kZBBpgZA

1. VancouverHab says:

Maybe “good” is not quite the right word to describe Timo….

Fruck, I hate stomach flu… the worst flu of all. And I am hungry but I know I shouldn’t eat. Sigh. That just sucks.

As for winning… i hope we beat Atlanta and there is no let up cause… well… it’s Atlanta. Maybe even Gomer will score. Btw, was happy that Ellar finally got his first last night.

What’s it going to be then, eh?

4. RiverviewCanadien says:

Alex?

The Ludovico technique works wonders. He’ll be thinking positive messels and posting cheery veshches in no raz, me bratties.

6. Say Ash says:

Atlanta whipped the Caps and Wings this week, didn’t they?

7. Say Ash says:

Agreed, but he says he’s throwing up today. It’s related.

8. Castor says:

I gotta be honest. Timo’s been good lately.

9. SLONCOLD says:

nah, he still has the whole MAB thing to be angry about:-p

10. Rob says:

The Montreal Canadiens: sporting the best AND worst fans since 1909!

11. Say Ash says:

All this winning has Timo sick to his stomach.

12. iwardhabs says:

NFLD premier Danny Williams resigned today.  A little known blog-relevant factoid: he played for the Oxford University hockey team (as did Lester Pearson, way back in the day).

13. rocketsglare says:

Atlanta is a young team with good talent. They can skate and score and the Habs need to be ready tomorrow

night. If the team continues to be intense and focused as they were against the Kings and play a smothering

checking game against the Thrashers, then this team should prevail.

To those of you in the states I wish all of you and your loved ones a happy Thanksgiving Day!

14. iwardhabs says:

We need the HI/O folks to blog the Annual House of Commons Charity Game.  Whatever the national political stakes are, they can’t be more volatile than the day-to-day status of our beloved Habs.  Boone?  Mio?  Stubbs? Hickey?  Any takers?

15. Habanero Gomez says:

I appreciate the comments below…

Points taken… However, consider the following;

the questions I posed were rhetorical…

The point is this…  I read on here constantly that if we could free up the cap space that Gomez is taking up, we could do this and do that (get some unnamed player for half as much and be twice as good)… Well, there are several teams with plenty of cap space and need better players too… The problem with this sort of reasoning is it assumes that there is a player available to swap with… It also assumes that said player if available to trade would fit in with this group of players… This year’s Habs for the first time in recent memory are player as a team and for each other… For anyone who has played competitive hockey or any other sport for that matter, knows that it is important a players is a good “fit” on a team… This team has good chemistry going, and I for one would not mess with it… Because you really don’t know how the alternative will pan out…

- As far as Koivu (and I was a huge fan of)… well the team’s fortunes have been getting better since his departure… And sorry, but I would take Gomez over Koivu… I just think Gomez is a better fit with this particular group of guys.. Hey, we are all allowed to have our opinions…

This was not intended to be a rant… Thanks again for your comments…

16. Hagar says:

Sweet. Thanks.

17. darcy1 says:

Yesterday according to NHL Home Ice (XM) they need to do more testing.. hosts talked about how he won’t play on a knee that needs surgery without a new contract & jerperdize the rest of his career.. so we can either expect a new deal (I’d guess 3-4 years & 6-7 mil/year) or that he’s having surgery and rehab again

18. darcy1 says:

Koivu – YES.. especially seeing as it would free up 4mil in cap space.
    AK – too much of a headache, would probably screw team chemistry up & not enough cap space gained

19. darcy1 says:

the Als won’t underestimate SK.. and weather won’t be that as big of a problem as the other poster mentioned.. the low Sunday is -12 (I’m going to be at the game, I’ve been watching the weather all week).. don’t forget, the game starts @ 4pm Alberta time, it will be warmer than you think.

20. habs365 says:

The Habs are doing good, so someone is stiring up the pot, most likely a Laffs fan

21. TOEmastro says:

you were listening to the CJAD comedy show after the game weren’t you? lol

22. Hagar says:

TSN gets a lot of flak for their Toronto bias. For the longest time I felt it was exaggerated, until I witnessed a stat they put up relating to their defence, showing that they were improving along with words to the effect of “No need to worry” headlining them. I laughed my ass off. TSN was not only acting as Maple Leaf boosters, but also acting as a form of psychological support for their sensitive fanbase by gently rubbing their backs and reassuring them that their team isn’t as terrible as some of their recent play might indicate. Props to TSN for caring about the mental state of Leaf fans. It’s a tremendous service they’re providing.

23. Castor says:

It’s okay. The game before TSN called AK Sergei Kostisyn.

“Much needed win”

They have much need to look at the freaking standings.