Multimedia after Canadiens lost 3-2 to Islanders in shootout

LeblancRoom

Randy Cunneyworth said he was satisfied with the way the Canadiens battled.
And the coach took the blame for a rarer-than-they-used-to-be Too Many Men penalty.
“‘Nokie’ and ‘Plekie’ sound way too similar,” Cunneyworth said.
In calling for Petteri Nokelainen to jump on, the coach’s instruction was misinterpreted by Tomas Plekanec.

AUDIO: Randy Cunneyworth

1. Nobody says:

Ok fellas this is a hockey comments page not a Thai brothels chat group. It’s unethical and doesn’t belong here.

2. bamfordj says:

I hope the Habs have been watching Gallagher in lotus land with the Giants…his teammate who was not drafted Jordan Martinook scored the winner again in OT…of the three games I have seen live this season against solid playoff teams, Tri City, Portland and Kamloops…Martinook has been stellar and scored the winner in two of them…

His current stats are: 25 Jordan Martinook C 72 40 24 64 +14 80 8 3 0.89 1.11.

Why not take a later round flyer on the lad…he is taller than Gallagher (but again who isn’t)…and seems to be clutch…

I am sure Holland or Tallon will take a chance on the lad…it isn’t like the Giants do not have a strong history of producing NHL caliber players…(still shocked the Canucks did not take Lucic…he played in their own back yard!)…(and is from Burnaby)…

But Vancouver is the franchise that traded Cam Neely…

Mr Gauthier of Nill, or whomever is GM come the draft, take a chance on Martinook…or hire me to be your scout!

First time post to the Habs inside out, great website keep up the good work!

3. slychard says:

So the Habs gain a meddlesome point from a pointless (pun intended) game between cellar dweller point deficit teams of bottom feeders within a season that commenced from the point of no return. We are at a chokepoint. Get my point?

I am now in the tank side. Confession; I was a closet tanker a month ago but I finally came out… As Kramer once said, I’m out baby and I’m loving every minute of it!

Only by default I should add. By default and by necessity. So where are they now after tonight’s ‘fiasco’ of a point in the standings. Or should I say, sTANKdings;

In the east we are at the bottom with 69 points, tied with tonight’s SO victors who have a game in hand. Over all we are ‘surpassed’ by Columbus (unreachable) Edmonton (2 games in hand but a long shot) and Minnesota (2 games in hand and hopefully doable) which puts us in 4th at the moment. I’m not sure but we need to be in the ‘top 3′ to make the lotto and have a chance for the first pick. I’m actually hoping we end up with the 3rd pick but that’s another post altogether. Actually if by some miracle they get the first I would hope they trade the pick to someone close who badly want Nail and reverse their pick along with some proven ‘now’ assets, then, choose from the ‘leftovers’ at the top of the draft. Any of them, D, W, C, I don’t care, there are a few tantalizing prospects in all area of position. Radeck is a sleeper forward with size as opposed to Nail’s smaller stature.

Now. To make this happen. What do we have left on the schedule;

Road; Buffalo, Philadelphia, NY Rangers, Washington, Carolina

Home; Ottawa, Florida, Tampa, TO

Not a cake walk of a schedule. Most of the teams are tough and have a meaning and purpose to their season to get to. Positioning or making the playoff. Not good… I mean excellent.

The fact of the matter is, my POINT being, just tank baby, TANK.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

What ever happened to E1? You’d think he’d be all over this. The Blues are the first team to reach 100 points and clinch a playoff berth. A far cry from clinching the last spot with an OTL on the last day of the season.

Halak has been the best goaltender on the planet in 2012. Halak is 18-3-1 in 23 starts with five shutouts since Jan. 1, and he’s allowed a total of 33 goals in that stretch.

I wonder if the Habs will ever be able to put together a team that makes 100 points again.

This is not a Price-Halak dis. This is a Habs bozos dis. The so-called brain trust who are conspiring to put together another middle of the pack team and package it as a contender for the Cup.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…You are relentless David :)
      …but, I understand the point You are hoping will sink-in to the mob :)

_________________________________________________________
      HIS’ Official Habs’ Fan Theme Song: Morrissey ‘There is a light that never goes out’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjObvIQtsLk&feature=related

…the Montreal Canadiens organization and Our Fans, as a whole need to feel this current cold frigid splash of reality, …this process will, hopefully, give Us a long needed sense of humility, not humiliation …and help to revive and renew Our tattered culture of high hockey ideals, and ultimate success in the near future
      …ride the wave, is all We can do as Fans: …Ownership must make the right choices, persevere, and act not talk

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

5. Sean Bonjovi says:

How is it possible that Louis Leblanc’s last name is mispronounced on Canadian television more often than Aaron Palushaj’s?

“Patch the holes, ride it out, Play for 2015″
    - Sean Bonjovi

• Duracell3 says:

I don’t want to get banned again.

• shootdapuck says:

Sure, it’s called HNIC!

Desharnais is also butchered by the same mob.

But remembering the two Hewits try to get the lips around Beliveau, Cournoyer, Laperierre, Rousseau, Rogatien Vachon even Nyrop was more alarming.

Sometimes I reckon they do it on purpose.

=================================================
      The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
      “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

6. Chuck says:

Instead of calling names, why not call numbers to avoid confusion in line changes?

___________________________________________________

• Kingofswing74 says:

interesting idea, but i feel like RC’s head would spin trying to yell out numbers all night

• habstrinifan says:

Numbers would be too confusing… line-up changes ec. Also when you yell out the name it is done with a certain nuance and familiarity(encouragement.. demand etc).

Names gotta stay. I would change from Plekie and Nokie.. to full names though and the odd Pleks for Plekanec.

7. H.Upmann says:

Hoooooo boy, I have to admit there is a special pleasure about being a cellar dweller team

8. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Chaleo Yoovidhya, the Thai co-founder of Red Bull, the international energy drink firm, and F1 teams, and X-game like events around the world died
    …so what You ask ? …hmmm, ok, fair enough
    … I mention it because years ago in My frequent traveler days, especially to Asia, I met this elderly guy in a high-end hostess bar in Bangkok (a friend of a friend) …after an almost 48 hour air transit from Montreal over the Pacific to Singapore and an endless (though fascinating) train-ride from Singapore to Bangkok, I had ended up in this hostess bar, the same evening I arrived, with a Thai Government official for ‘a business meeting’ :) …as with many Asian businessmen they like to often mix business with ‘pleasure’ :)
    …My Thai friend introduces Me to 4 lithesome Thai girls wearing silk curve-hugging pha sin dresses with slits up to their upper thighs …under ‘normal circumstances’ I would be rutting up a storm, but I sat there glumly in the din of the club, wishing I could be sleeping in My hotel bed and reluctantly sipping My scotch and ginger, …not at all into the temptations and perfume around Me
    …in a large adjacent group was an older man in his 60s or so, very much enthusiastically enjoying his own bevy of ingenues
    …he obviously was watching Me, and came over to My table with a glass of syrup which He placed in front of Me, smiled, spoke a few Thai words to My government friend, and left …My friend told Me the old man said ‘drink this, You will make love for a week, no stop !, …it’s called ‘Krating Daeng’
    …well, I did what I was told, …I didn’t make love for quite a full week (because real ‘business’ unfortunately, got in the way :) ) …but let’s say I thoroughly frolicked :)
    …to make a long-story abbreviated, I was re-introduced to the ‘old man’ that rescued My evening later during My stay in Bangkok, and learned the energy syrup he gave Me was an energy drink mostly known only in Asia …it’s name ‘Krating Daeng’ …Thai words meaning ‘Red Bull’
    …over the subsequent 25 years or so I have been fascinated to observe it also become part of Our culture here in Canada
    …so, THANK YOU Khun Chaleo for Your kind ‘intervention’ many years ago …as You ‘wing’ Your way to the Great Hostess Bar in the sky :)
    …and seems Our Habs have been dipping into Their Red Bull supply too lately …We really have to put a lock on Their locker-room fridge :(

_________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• shootdapuck says:

Chris,

He didn’t mix it with Mekong and Soda?

Now that’s local in Krung Thep!

There’s not a truck, bus,taxi or Tuk Tuk driver here who isn’t fueled by Kratin Daeng or M150!

=================================================
      The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
      “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…back then it was more ‘syrup-py’, thicker than the Red Bull today in a can …he gave it to Me in a glass, straight
        …His Austrian partner later adapted it to be thinner, as We use it today
        Post Script: …unusual for Mekong Whiskey is served in ‘higher end’ Thai establishments Roy …at least in those days …only the BEST Scotch :)

_________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• shootdapuck says:

Chris,

Just back from golfing!

Ah yes, but the so called high end Bangkok niteries cater to all tastes and if late at night the local mafia don has a taste for the tipple of his village youth they would have it.

Not to mention mixing Kratin Daeng with good scotch or french cognac would be considered a sacrilege even now and the required kick would be similar at a fraction of the cost. The Mega Rich here will still pinch a penny where possible in this neck of the woods believe me!

I found out recently that my driver is a member of a very nice aka expensive gentlemans club when he offered to take me as his guest. He says he bought it to take visiting relatives from the provinces to prove he was a success.

The kicker was I had to buy the prerequisite bottle of Blue Label ( used mainly to impress the ladies) at 300 US per plus corkage and tips. He had already used up the 10 bottles of Chivas he got with his membership.

=================================================
          The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
          “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

• slychard says:

The moral is, never mix downer with uppers…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…fact Roy, is either ex- or current senior police and military officers throughout Thailand are ‘the mafia’, owners of pretty much all of the premium bars and massage parlours
            …junior officers the ‘less than premium’
            …as far as Your ‘driver’ is concerned, in almost all countries in Asia, excepting in ‘advanced’ economies like Japan, Korea, and Singapore, it was always interesting how much more ‘a driver, tour guide or taxi driver’ made as income compared to other professions in those countries
            …a ‘taxi driver’ or ‘tour guide’ was never simply a ‘taxi driver’ or ‘tour guide’ but were ‘conglomerates’ of many income sources :)
            …I was fortunate to have Thai friends in high places that hosted Me …otherwise I would have gone bankrupt several times over :)
            _________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• shootdapuck says:

Chris,

The fact of who runs what is not even discrete anymore!

Guess where the company drivers are recruited from?

The Cops and Military.

It’s an endless circle.

BTW if you thought it would have bankrupt you back in the day it is no longer a bargain here now!

Must be late there as its 1700 hours here.

CYA

=================================================
            The cerebral insight of PJ Stock:

“Le problem est Markov n’a pas jouer un seul game cette annee”
            “Louis Leblanc est un kid locale”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…3:05 AM here Roy, but good reminiscing about a part of the world I greatly enjoyed …and, not only the beaches, ladies and night life, but the thoroughly rich cultures
            …first time in Bangkok was way back in the mid-60s on R&R from Vietnam …inexspensive, no traffic logjams, no high-rises, little pollution, clean Klongs, early morning boat markets, and the friendliest unspoiled people with sincere smiles
            …where walking into a Buddhist temple You never had someone reaching into Your pocket
            …Thailand was, then, ethereal
            …last time I visited was 1997, …the world, unfortunately, changes
            …Bangkok, completely spoiled …unless You go into the country-side and the provinces
            …nice recollecting with You Roy …another time …all the best
            …gonna hit the hay …and that ain’t ‘Red Bull’ :)

_________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• slychard says:

Is that you in the white suit?

Confess… Don’t make me link Falco. ;-)
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Kiss my hAbSS!!!

9. H.Upmann says:

One thing about Vancouver: they have a lightning fast transition!

10. Curtis O Habs says:

PALOOSH! PALOOSH! PALOOSH IS ON FIRE! WE DON`T NEED NO WATER LET THE…….

11. Exit716 says:

I can’t wait for the press conference where Molson announces the current management regime is out on their ass.

12. Da Hema says:

Did the Canadiens play tonight?

13. rjcp says:

Satisfied? Really Randy? Guess the bar is set pretty low in your world.