Multimedia after Canadiens’ 4-0 loss

upload_feedback

Audio of Jacques Martin

Video of Brian Gionta:

Brendan Gallagher:

Peter Budaj:

More Brian Gionta:

Josh Gorges on his scary moment:

New defenceman Chris Campoli:

1. doug19 says:

To be fair they were missing Moen,Eller and Whites scoring power.
    I liked the look of Canpoli he is a keeper. I wish they had a couple of big cruncher defenceman though. Come on hurry up and finish developing Tinordi.
    I noticed Pleks was passing the puck behind the opponents net to where Cole was not. I hope Cole stays away from behind the net and Pleks loses the stupid reminants of years of useless cycle and plays straight ahead breakout like he did on one rush in the third.
    If they stop shooting at the posts and the goalies they will be OK.
    Budai isn’t threatening to be number one. I hope he threatens to be number two soon.Can he find the groove playing 10,15,20? I hope so. Gallager reminds me of Bobby Rouseau when he broke into the league he was exciting.

2. FanSince91 says:

It’s preseason guys – you really have to chill. These games mean absolutely nothing and everyone knows this… including the players. Prospects are battling to make NHL squads (Habs had six prospects with little or no big league experience, while Tampa had none), and teams don’t always start their starting tender (Budaj vs. Roloson). History has clearly proven that exhibition games have no correlation to the regular season. Edmonton won every preseason game last year.

Montreal will compete for top spot in the Northeast Division this season; I say they get it.

Don’t forget this post.

“You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.”

3. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I really like to bite My tongue in reactionary moments like this, because it is just too easy for low-blows from the back-seat …it’s PRESEASON !!! as they say …but, I just can’t help Myself feeling deeply when I look at the Tampa bench and ‘think’ What If ? …if We had had a prescient Owner and Management to bite the bullet on Jacques Martin to hire Boucher
    …We would have offence comin’ out of Our rear-ends like bullets, PLUS a wall of D
    …and We would likely be tappin’ on Our mobiles and PCs gloatin’ ’bout kickin’ Tampa’s azz 4-0, ‘stead o’ bitchin like most of Us here are, contemplatin’ Our navels

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• Jim Edson says:

So if this team goes 0-4 to start the season is the new mantra ” chill out its early in the season”?

The backend of this team is very suspect, they definitely improved mobility in the offseason but there is even less continuity and confidence while in their own zone.

or

Simply the vets haven’t had sufficient game time during the unimportant pre-season and its really showing!

Budaj over Auld is a whole other can of worms!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

4. habsgod says:

really,really worried about our defence this season! they look horrible and to think that they let hamrlik ,and wizniewski go for emelin , and diaz ………….and re-signed markov over the wiz! geez gauthier did you ever make a mistake! please fix it now!trade kostitsyn for a defenceman like suter in nashville!

5. J_P says:

Ive been on the sidelines this pre-season. Ive tried not to get worried, but this lack of goal scoring is absolutely alarming. Im not aware of any magic switch that you press once the season starts that allows your team to suddenly score goals, but i hope the habs have it. I guess well find out in a week, cant wait!

• Trisomy 21 says:

yeah the lack of scoring thing bugs me, but we saw this last year too. I hoped Cole and Pacioretty would help that along by adding a dynamic that we’ve lacked. Well, it is early, I can only hope that the vets were giving 60% today, and that in the next week the communication will be good.

I don’t know what you people expected… MAB was playing against us. Of course it’s a shutout. Sheesh.

7. Propwash says:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMED!

8. HABZ24 says:

its going to be fun this year inside the bell center when booodye plays i can just hear it now one zip opponents, boooooooo, two zip boooooooooo.price better play 75 games this year or were cooked.

GO HABS GO

9. harrow15 says:

Im in season mode in NHL 12, and ive traded Gomez and Gionta for Cogliano and Selanne; Plekanec, Kostitsyn and Eller for Kesler, Burrows and Lapierre, all because they either werent performing or couldnt win a faceoff all game, and im 8-2 so far in the season.

Life is great in the AI world LOL

WAR MACHIDA

10. The Dude says:

According to the facial expression on Captain Gionta I’d bet this to be one long Habs season.And yes it is preseason so when the injury bug hit’s us again this is the Team! Again nothing makes sense…Coach Martin “a former goalie himself” and Gauthier grab Budaj for $1.5 million per and I ask myself could they not have gotten someone else? Martins system???????????? turns out to be a defensive liability! Gomez,Gionta,Plecs,Cammi,Gallager ,DD and a smallish D-corps for the NHL? really?At least get them taller skates. But it’s not really the size BUT THE HEART “not another perimeter year dam it!” Some one get in front of that 43 year old Goalie!And the rest of the young guns…don’t have GUNS,manoman….I’m sorry but I think it’s Molson brother time,get pro-owner active dude’s!

11. DLN-CH4Life says:

Still not worried.
    Disappointed a little, yes, but not worried.
    As long as we’re full by max 15 games into the season I’m happy.

Cam-Plec-Cole
    Gio-Gom-Pac
    Ak-Gal/Eller/Desh-
    Moen-White-Darche.

Mark-Sub
    Gorges-Gill
    Spac/Camp/Web/Diaz/Yem.

-DLN

12. garyjoseph says:

I don’t know what’s going on with Mr. Gauthier; I thought he was an excellent choice for GM. But when I saw him hire Jaques Martin as coach I was stunned; this guy’s attitude, no matter what organization he’s with, has always been that losing is not too bad as long as you gave a good effort. He’s the best in the league at explaining and rationalizing losses at post game press srums. Where does that thinking fit with the glorious tradition of my Habs? And then to have to witness Gauthier’s inaction as the likes of Guy Boucher and Kirk Muller leave the once regal organization is actually heartbreaking. It’ll be painfull watching the Leafs in the playoffs next spring while the Habs are on the golf course. Thanks for your half assed effort Pierre!! Gary in Oshawa. Ontario

• DLN-CH4Life says:

I’d love to see Carbo come back with a team like this.
      Even Muller.
      letting go of Boucher just too stupid.
      I wonder if P Roy would ever coach at NHL level.

-DLN

• habsgod says:

gauthier didn’t hire martin as coach bob gainey did!

• Ron in Ottawa says:

I agree except it was Gainey who hired Martin. But you are right: JM has winning numbers as a coach only if you count the season numbers when he was in Ottawa. in St. Louis and in Tampa and in Montreal he is mediocre. And his playoff numbers are not great. i wish the Molson’s and PG would have had the guts to fire JM two years ago- yeah i know they almost made it to the finals- and the kept Boucher. But PG appears to have the same style as BG: don’t rock the boat; don’t negotiate contracts during the year; don’t make major trades. Too bad we won’t really win consistently until the Molson’s find the courage to release PG and JM and find a new gm who will make changes when necessary.

13. RiverviewCanadien says:

In the next couple of days, Gorges will be suffering from a “lower body injury”. For him to be that surprised about the new knee?

Probably gonna be worse tomorrow. At least Yemelin is here now.

14. Mattyleg says:

I watched the third.
    All I saw were missed passes, stuttering flow, miscommunication, and uncertain coverage.
    Know what that means?
    Youngsters on the ice.
    Greenhorns.
    Once we ice a full team of NHLers, it’ll be a different story.

I feel like I live in a stupider world now that I’ve had to say that.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• samTHEman says:

the only youngers in the line up were gallagher and bournival. you’re going to put the blame on them?

———————————————————-
      It’s P.K. Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

• SmartDog says:

The team had almost all of its game-ready veterans out there.

I think what it means is that you’ve got a lousy back-up in net who couldn’t stop a beach ball and the team gets frustrated and loses it’s mojo. That’s what it means. Put Price in net, don’t let in 2 or 3 soft goals in a row, and the forwards hit more corners. Sucks to have a sieve back there.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• Timo says:

I thought we have pretty much 3 lines of NHLers there.

15. JohnBellyful says:

I’m putting this up on my fridge, to keep the proper perspective …

GLASS OVERFLOWING – Canadiens go undefeated in playoffs

– Budaj plays more than 10 games
    – Two Canadien forwards finish among Top 200 scorers
    – PK unit scores more goals than PP unit
    – Moen moved to ‘top’ line to add firepower
    – Moen one of two Canadien forwards to finish among Top 200 scorers
    – Hangnail sidelines Pacioretty for 40 games
    – White only Hab willing to stand in front of opposing goalie, leads team in blocked shots

GLASS EMPTY – Canadiens miss the playoffs
    GLASS SMASHED ON FLOOR AND THEN WALKED ON – Bruins win second straight Cup

16. JohnBellyful says:

See above.
    Edit: No, I changed my mind. Look below.