Multimedia after Buffalo beats Canadiens

Price

The Canadiens weren’t desperate enough.
Carey Price kept them in the game, but the Sabres were full value for the win.
Max Pacioretty was not in the room, but other players said his contretemps with Paul Gaustad came about because the Buffalo playe asked “Where’s Chara?”

AUDIO: Randy Cunneyworth

1. D Mex says:

Just in from the CHL Prospects / Skills Competiton. Chatted with a couple of older NHL warhorses (Canucks fans will remember Jack McIlhargey) turned scouts – put a mike in Rob Faulds’ hand and listen to him go. Left Montreal for TO – go figure …

Closest the prospects got to game action tonight was 30 minutes of run time 3-on-3. Grigorenko looked OK – could be they’re saving the push for tomorrow night’s game.

Dr Recchi was in the house and, being from Kamloops, he got little traction from the Kelowna crowd which was OK with me. A few folks almost upchucked when Faulds asked him to flash the cup ring – and he obliged. Can’t think of many former Habs I would prefer to avoid, but this knob would certainly qualify : should have kept his size XXL yap shut about the MaxPac injury last season …

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

2. theox_8 says:

who goes and who stays is now the question.

3. Natrous says:

Next HockeyInsideOut poll should be:

Who do you think will end the season with more goals?

a) Hal Gill
    b) Scott Gomez

4. szthecatman says:

Habs are obviously going to be sellers at the trade deadline… Im a bit concerned cuz I dont trust PG at all and I can only imagine the garbage moves he will make.

I dont mind trading UFAs Gill and Moen for picks, but PLEASE dont get rid of AK! I know hes on and off but hes a big body with tons of skill, he hits and all we would get in return is a draft pick …

I know we need to rebuild but I think we should sign AK for a reasonable price cuz he brings a lot to the team

5. Frank2468 says:

Flames lost 3 to 1 to Wings. Yes Cammi got a goal in the second period but still a lose. I’m just waiting for the honeymoon to come to an end. He should start saying very soon to the press out there. I bring it every night, see I even got a goal, it’s the other guys. I really don’t know whats wrong with Iggy and he even gets more ice time then me? Let just see how long before Jay Feaster gets fed up with Cammi’s flare honesty and his “Me Myself and Cammi” attitude. It will be painfully obvious in the near future as to why the Flames traded him in the first place. Well it is said the first thing you forget is pain and when it comes back you then quickly remember what it feels like. LOL

6. AliHaba says:

Tinordi
    Beaulieu
    Bournival
    Gallagher
    First Round pick in 2012

7. DickandDanny says:

Tonight prooved once and for all we have only one line that can score consistently. If our big line doesn’t score more than one or two goals a game, then we have nothing else to fall back on, and tonight was a prime example of that. If anyone else from another line chips in with a goal here and there, we may win these type of games. However, that isn’t happening. Guys like Darche, Blunden, Enquist, even Eller, if you take away the 4 goal game he had, aren’t giving us any production. And this really hurts. You need second and third line scoring. The Plekanec, Kostitsyn combination has also run it’s course and there is no production coming from them either. In fact there is absolutely no chemistry left between these two, and I doubt Plekanec can play with anyone right now. I hate to say this, but tonight coaching was the difference. Lindy took Randy by the hand and led him all over the dance floor. Randy, when things aren’t working you need to shake things up mid game. you need to get certain matchups, players away from certain players, and get the matchups you want. I saw no evidence of that at all. Apart from the odd double shift by Patches, and Cole on the 3rd and 4th line nothing changed. It was obvious Plekanec head was not in the game, and AK was right behind him in that regard. No passion, no energy, no effort from either of them. Just terrible. They should have been split up. And for all those who think Moen should be traded, he sure was missed tonight. No one kept Gaustad or
    McCormick in check all night. Puck battles in the Sabres end were infrequently won by our guys. That’s where Moen is a gem. Time to move Plekanec and Weber for Hemsky. Skill level vs a two way player and a pp specialist. I’ll take the skill right now, over those two, because we need points guys and Plekanec will never amount to what Hemsky can put up on the board when he is healthy and playing with talented players. Put Hemsky with AK and watch the magic. Just my thoughts. We have three 2nd line, or possibly 3rd line centres. We need a top line centre. That’s my take on it.

“A cannonading blast from the wing, by Lafleur”

8. AliHaba says:

Honestly though….everyone has their take on why the Habs are failing so badly but one item not mentioned often is the decision to keep Gill over Hamrlik.

9. ProHabs says:

Trade Plekanec, Gomez and Markov to Anahiem for Koivu. At least Saku brought it every night and gave a shat.

• Da Hema says:

We turned that page long ago. While I loved Koivu, he also was the leader of a team that accepted mediocrity. I don’t see much difference between this current team and the ones with Koivu. What is the point of going back to the future? This organization needs another round of detritus removal — although this time I hope the team opts to build via the draft rather than attempt to do so principally through free agency.

10. Propwash says:

Gaustad is a gutless puke.

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• Da Hema says:

It is a nasty thing to say — even by the “heat of the moment” standard.

• Propwash says:

Chris Nylan isn’t thrilled with him…

“Gaustad comment classless, coming from a guy who was hiding in the net when his teams best player got run by Lucic.”

_____________________________
        Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• Marc10 says:

Meh…

It hurts more because we lost to those bums.

If we bothered to show up and put 5 or 6 behind Miller, whatever that under-performing 4th liner would have to say wouldn’t even register.

11. habs17 says:

my sources are telling me that Mr. Gill is going to be traded to the penguins GILL to pitsburgh for a 5th is what im hearing

I support Scott Gomez

12. dre1744 says:

Malkins chest has more goals then Gomez has this season!!!!!!

13. nickster13 says:

Russian Rap featuring Alex Ovechkin!

Maybe it will help us relax.

14. AliHaba says:

I think they need to give Gomez his own line with maybe Bourque and Darche (out of ideas…geesh) on the wings. Give it a shot, just might work.

• habs17 says:

gomez is not the problem the guy is a champion

I support Scott Gomez

• AliHaba says:

was a champion

• kempie says:

I don’t usually do this and I guess I’m unusually crusty tonight, but you Sir, are an imbecile of the highest order. On here, that’s really quite something. Go Gomez go.

Geeeeeeezus.

• AliHaba says:

Like a loaf of overdone homemade bread….unusually crusty. Don’t know why you’re getting in such a fluster. I suggested that he have his own line and pointed out that he was once a champion. Surely you can’t say that he is a champion today.

And I’ll ignore the insulting name that you called me because enlightened people know that the hurler of epithets is saying exactly what he is.

• kempie says:

Yes, well put dude, but I wasn’t directing that comment to you, but at Habs17. Prolly shouldn’t have but I guess I’d just had enough. And yes, Gomez used to be a champion.

• nunacanadien says:

It’s that Bourque guy, and the Darche guy, in fact Gomez is so good, no one on the team is good enough to pass him the golden pass he deserves so he could score. That is why. Molson is correct. We have a top 6 forward playing on a team that is not top 6, that is why Gomez has not scored. The whole Habs team let him down. Now I finally see the light Geoff Molson…..

15. NCRhabsfan says:

On the plus side, that was a great hit Emelin put on someone behind the net during the second period!

This miserable season cannot end soon enough.

17. christophor says:

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access

Kinda tired of this. How is this still an issue around here?

18. punkster says:

Hang in there. Better days ahead. Like Stevie says, they just gotta keep on tryin’ ’til they reach higher ground:

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Frank2468 says:

punkster I bet if Stevie Wonder played for the habs he would score a goal before Gomez does? lmao

• CHicoHab says:

sorry, my money is on Gomez

“take your time and hurry up”

• Frank2468 says:

CHicoHab I still think Stevie Wonder would score before Gomez, cause Stevie Wonder would have a nose for the net, better senses then Gomez. LOL

• nunacanadien says:

No, it’s true what Geoff Molson said, Gomez is indeed a top 6 forward who is being let down by the whole team. Enuff said. That is why we are not going to the playoffs cause the whole team let Scott Gomez down. Turns out we did a minor rebuild after we did the disasterous rebuild around Carey Price, which only got us small wimpy defense that Carey can boss around, and wimpy small forwards so Carey can see the oncoming rush, now we know the reason why Gainey went small…..ok, so this time turns out the habs rebuiilt around Scott Gomez and the habs acquisitions and signings were to help Scott Gomez become the top 6 forward he really is, and to have Scott Gomez among the top 6 scorers but no, the habs let him down. Even Carey Price couldn’t skate fast enough with the puck offensively, so maybe even Carey is expendable now, now that we know the Molsons have rebuilt the habs around Scott Gomez!!!! NEWS FLASH!!! MONTREAL GAZETTE WRITERS…..You missed the big news item that Molson came out with.

• citizenSanto says:

Preachers, keep on preachin’.

………………………………………………………………
      Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are. — Augustine of Hippo

19. habs17 says:

gomez was our 4th best player tonite

I support Scott Gomez

Not to much to say except the Sabers would not let us play in their end of the rink and they were on us fast and tight fore checking in our end. We did not have 100% effort from all players, which is needed for wins.
    J.Martin burned out Plekanec, he is done like dinner! Gomez is playing well, or a least better.

• kholdstare says:

Here we go, thats awesome. JM got fired months ago, and its still his fault. You guys have got to be kidding me, the loss tonite, was the player’s and RC’s fault, they/he didnt adapt, stuck to a gameplan even when they were trailing by a goal. Came up with no sorta effort for the final minute, and to put the cherry on top he sent out Josh Gorges, great guy dont get me wrong, but is he who you would put out?

• aj says:

At least Gomez is playing well. He’s the $7 million guy in this team anyway, even when he’s not scoring goals though.

21. habs17 says:

trade every1 on this team for 5th rounders

I support Scott Gomez

22. aj says:

Interesting comment by Pierre Lebrun on TSN stating the Flyers are looking for a Defenseman and Gill might be a good fit for them. I’ll take Talbot or Giroux for Gill if I were Gauthier.

23. kholdstare says:

This team will not change until the lame duck coach is gone. I’m sorry but he isnt very good, I know I know, no one listens, its PG, and GM fault they put him in terrible position. But the guy has made some dumb decisions. They need an NHL experienced coach, look at what Hitch did, are the habs and blues that different. I dont think so.

• HardHabits says:

You haven’t been looking at the standings. If the Habs were in the Central they’d have last place locked up by now.

• aj says:

oh yeah! well too bad most of the coaches the Habs hired since the firing of Jacques Demers are nothing but lame too. Who’s that NHL experienced coach you’re talking about? You?

• kholdstare says:

Yes aj i’m talking about me obviously. hehe

Ps I liked how you started your comment, “oh yeah” reminds me of grade school. I know you are but what am I? good times

24. alfieturcotte says:

FIRE GAUTHIER, FIRE GAUTHIER, FIRE GAUTHIER

Just watched the Leafs highlights — man, Gainey is as dumb as Gauthier. How could he have given up so soon on Grabovski. That guy is an offensive dynamo. Imagine him electrifying the Bell Center with that speed.

Gauthier’s moves has made the team stuck with Markov, Pleks, Gomez, Kaberle…..

• AliHaba says:

One of Gauthier’s first moves last off-season was to sign Gill and let Hamrlik get away. Methinks he kept the wrong guy. Agree?

• showey47 says:

I would have given gill one year at 2.25 long before i gave hamrlik 2 years at 3.5. I wouldn’t sign any dman in the league other then lidstrom(or a healthy pronger) over the age of 35 to anything more then 1 year at a time.

• AliHaba says:

History is full of D-men contributing to 40 or later, who’s to say that Hamrlik won’t be one of them.

• kempie says:

Me.
            He won’t be one of them.

• showey47 says:

After lidstrom retires it will be a minor miracle to find any d-man who will make it to 40 never mind surpass it in this hockey era. Is there anybody other 40+ dmen currently playing that i’m forgetting about?

• Stev.R says:

How could he give up on Grabovski? Grabovski gave up on us. He played like shit as a rookie so he got sat, and then he ran away (literally) and bitched to his agent about wanting to traded. Nobody in the dressing room liked him, and he wouldn’t put in any effort. Even Koivu tried to fight him. Grabovski is a garbage player.

• showey47 says:

No kidding,what a great team guy he is. What constantly gets left out of the “we should have kept grabovski” arguement is that gainey did give grabovski a qualifying offer which he refused and told gainey to either trade him or he is going to the khl. He also pulled a similar stunt using the khl as leverage when negotiating his last contract in toronto.

• Habitforming says:

They didn’t give up on him. In LA on a road trip he told the coaches that he wasn’t getting on the plane with out getting more ice time. He was told to stay and was traded shortly after for a 2nd rounder/Greg Pateryn.
      That 2nd was traded for Robert Lang (The original pick was used by Boston in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to select American Centre Jared Knight from the OHL’s London Knights.)

25. CHicoHab says:

This team has NO IDENTITY. No one stands out. Yes there are big moves by Cole every now and then, but no one takes charge to inspire the troops. Everyone just floating around waiting for something to happen. No guts, no sweat, no tears. Just keep cashing that pay cheque.NO IDENTITY!!
    Who are these guys?? Certainly nowhere near of being the MONTREAL CANADIENS teams of the past. This crew that has been assembled just isnt clicking.What a waste of a year. Just
    a few more games and the fat lady will sing………………

“take your time and hurry up”

26. price365 says:

Out shot 40-28 don’t tell me this team came to play, I’ll give credit to Carey that’s it.

27. habs17 says:

lets get rid of tomas plekenec he is awful
    I support Scott Gomez

28. JayBee says:

I want the team to make the playoffs, but if they don’t…. I hope they finish DEAD LAST.

It will guarantee the following:

– Gauthier and Gainey will both be gone.
    – New coaching staff.
    – A chance to finally draft that gamebreaker this team has lacked for a long time.
    – Change in culture and philosophy
    – Gomez, Gill = gone
    – No more dressing a d-man on the 4th line
    – A legit 4th line. Finally

29. AceMagnum says:

Gaustad must be eradicated post haste with a minimum of fuss.

30. aj says:

Who’s still optimistic about Markov coming back this season? I’m not. Anybody else here?

31. habs17 says:

hal gill is a decent player that can get us a 3rd rnder

I support Scott Gomez

32. mb says:

OK. Besides money. What’s ONE good reason why Carey Price would want to stay here.

He looks tired of this all. I can’t blame him.

33. montreal ace says:

For the first time after a game lol, I cant think of an excuse for why we played so poorly, and did not show up.

34. aj says:

I like Price’s facial reaction when Mike Boone posted the picture for this blog post.

He looked like he’s bored, tired, just want to relax and chill out after a hard losing night.

35. habsguy says:

well I never thought I would EVER feel this way, I’m done with them this year, if thats the best effort we can get, you may as well tank !!!….Damn, did I just say that !!!!

36. aj says:

Potential Trades after this game after the next few more games this month: Kostitsyn, Moen, Gill, Campoli.

Man, they need another top forward and a possible 2 way Defenceman to adjust their lineup.

37. habsfan0 says:

Gomez will score a goal in NJ Thursday night.

Remember where you read it first.

38. bel33 says:

I don’t even want to comment on the game… I’m done with that. This may have been posted before but trust me… she’s better than talking about the game and worth the look: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/icegirls/alina_kravchenko/index.html

Go Habs Girl.

39. aj says:

He always does that! He beat the crap out of Tootoo after Miller was rattled by that jump over the head.

40. aj says:

I can’t wait for this Sunday to come. Seems the players and the fans are going to be bored all week long.

41. aj says:

I’m starting to feel like you’re teaching the Habs to do the finger pointing blame game. How original.

42. kholdstare says:

Unfortunately he is right though, it was his fault. Even if it might be unoriginal.

43. aj says:

He’s a big 6’7″ stud. That’s why he can’t move that much. No wonder why he’s one of the potentially listed in PG’s “to sell” list.

44. mb says:

I don’t think he lacks of loyalty and integrity, at all. But don’t you think he might be considering playing for a good team, at some point? Let’s face it, he’s the only reason we’re not dead last in the league 10 points away from the before-to-last spot.

45. mb says:

I think you got me wrong here! There is no way in the world that I want Price out of town. That’s exactly why I’m afraid he does not want to stay here.
    And I agree that there is no place like here when the team wins.

46. otter649 says:

Gusturd got 3 points tonite…..