Video update: Chara looks good but still unconfirmed: Julien

price-skate

Canadiens goalie Carey Price flashes a look your way during a break in the Habs’ morning skate.
Stubbs video framegrab

Mostly uneventful morning skates for both teams at the Bell Centre.

All hands were on deck for the Canadiens first, head coach Jacques Martin saying any lineup changes will be determined at game time. Jeff Halpern is getting closer to returning, he said.

Bruins captain Zdeno Chara skated the full session with his team, laughing and with colour in his cheeks. He seems almost a certain go tonight; he wasn’t made available to the media after the skate. Head coach Claude Julien says it looks good but Chara’s participation tonight is not yet confirmed.

Both rooms featured exactly what you’d expect to hear: nothing new, nothing contentious, nothing truly noteworthy. We’re in the playoffs, after all.

Some video looking at the rink and in the dressing rooms afterward:

1. punkster says:

A day of omens.
    Show Me Something Beautiful
    Driving home 30 minutes ago listening to CBC2. An old tune from way back when updated by Trombone Shorty.
    Go to the site and click on the song’s link at the top:

Or a live You Tube version:

***Subbang Baby!!!***

2. LL says:

And speaking of omens, this morning, I needed something from the closet, and when I opened the door, BANG, the broom fell on my head. The message was clear…..sweep. ;)

3. JD_ says:

Huge positive omen from the annals of strange coincidences.

This mornin’, I posted this little bit of fake news regardin’ everyone’s favourite delusional Broonz:

—–

This just in: Asked about the likelihood Bell Centre fans will be fervently booin’ when the Broonz step on the ice tonight, Baghdad Brad Marchand commented, “The fans won’t be booing us. They’ll be booing those little kids with the flags. They’re really lousy skaters.”

—–

Not a half hour ago, I was at Club Piscine to replace a cast aluminum outdoor dinin’ table that literally exploded over the course of the winter.

Noticin’ my son and I in full Habs regalia, the salesperson mentioned that her neighbour’s son entered some contest early last week and, I believe on Friday, was informed he had been selected to be one of the two flag-bearers for tonight’s game.

Unlike my Baghdad Brad Marchand stories, you can’t just make this stuff up.

Don’t know ’bout you, but it seems Boston is effin’ doomed.

The BroonzMeltdown™ 2011 is an unstoppable juggernaut, baby!

So it is written, so it shall be done.

4. Has anyone else seen the massive douchetard Bruins fan at the end of the nhl.com highlights for the last game?

5. derfab says:

Stretch is dreaming if he thinks he can come out of this one unscathed.

Will someone get the same little dose of hemlock into the big goof’s water bottle again?

Julien should tell him to stay at the hotel. It could get very ugly.

6. Willy says:

Let’s drop the puck already! The day is dragging in anticipation of tonight’s game….

7. Fansincebirth says:

I suggest that the organization let Max drop the puck for a ceremonial face off :o)

Welcome to the new NHL – NASCAR on Ice

8. HabsalwaysCA says:

Well, here we go..

VS will not televise tonight’s Habs game (or the next one, in favor of the Philly- Sabres series.)
    So that leaves us without U.S. coverage…. UNCIVILIZED !

Anybody in North County San Diego heading out to a sports bar to watch our game on Center Ice ?

number 25 before 2015

• SD Habs Fan says:

Me and my friend (another Habs fan) are going to Bub’s Dive Bar on Garnet Ave in Pacific Beach to watch the game.

• JOOCE says:

I’m in Austin, TX and watched games 1 & 2 on VS. Game 3 is not on VS (I will watch it online), but according to my cable box’s TV guide, game 4 will be on VS (it’s on Thursday night).

As a side note, it is really hard to listen to the VS play-by-play. At least Darren Pang was the analyst in Game 1, but Game 2 was beyond terrible.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

On VS, a goalie can make a spectacular save, then saucer it to a streaking forward at centre ice who goes in alone on a breakaway, his team down a goal with 8 seconds remaining, and the commentators will be talking about how the assistant coach was once runner-up in the Adirondack Senior League coach-of-the-year award.

You can always turn down the sound and listen to CJAD…

I think that along with Chara, Dr Recchi will be receiving an equally warm welcome from the Habs faithful in attendance tonight. Hope people brought some heavy things to throw.

10. Feraco says:

Productivity is at an all time low, FB pages are being updated with Ole Ole Ole and Go Habs Go as well as pictures of good looking women with habs underware garments!!!!

Keys to the game: Continue using their speed, speed on the outside, get the puck deep and tape to tape passing. Keep Boston to the outside and allow Carey to see the puck.

Stay out of the penalty box!

**Boston will look to play a more disciplined game, they have tried the thuggary which has not worked, Horton and Lucic are frustrated but I believe they will bo back to basics and start dumping deep and wait for MTL to make a mistake.

Last change will be key so lets take advantage!

So if AK is good to go who sits? Weber who scored an ever important goal last game or Poupou who hasn’t scored anything in like 20 years?

• Mike D says:

I would say sit Benny and let Weber play. I haven’t been overly impressed with Benny yet in this series and he’s prone to taking penalties. Also, dressing Weber gives us a better look on the second PP unit.

Then again, I also said before the playoffs started that we should play Mara instead of Sopel, so what do I know.

- Honestly yours

12. forskis says:

Read on Sportsnet that the Habs were a bit TOO lackadaisical and loosey-goosey during the gameday skate…Cammalleri said that “it could have been better. It has been addressed”. The vets and coaching staff BETTER crack the whip and get the troops BACK in line and the tenacity back UP because the B’s are going to throw everything above and beyond the kitchen sink at them tonight. Habs need to take Game #3, the turning point game, I do not want the B’s to get ANY momentum or accolodes whatsover after tonight.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

13. Psycho29 says:

I have heard from a reliable Bruin source that Chara will be good to go tonight.
    Dr. Recchi has been pumping him full of fluids since Saturday.

14. Dear Mr. Gainey,

Thank you.
    For believing in Carey Price when it was easier not to.
    For developing PK when it would have been easier to bring him up.
    For trading for players with character, poise and leadership.
    For building a team that was made for the playoffs.
    For the 1000 other things we never see or hear about.

Sincerely,
    Every true Habs Fan.

15. nek25plus says:

let’s boo him once…loud and clear, but then let our guys concentrate on the game in hand and not get caught up in Chara. I don’t want that to become a circus and a huge distraction for the Habs. And I don’t want it to wake Chara up.

Go Habs!

16. kakey says:

If Tuukka Rask plays may I suggest chanting “rascal….rascal…”

17. Malreg says:

Creating a youtube playlist to pump myself up for the game tonight. Any suggestions? Here’s what I have so far:

Annakin Slayd – Feels like 93
    Annakin Slayd – MTL Stand Up
    Herb Brooks Miracle speech
    Any Given Sunday Al Pacino speech
    Survivor – Eye of the tiger
    Europe – The Final Countdown

18. Key’s to B’s ; reduce the giveaways, block more shots, control the rebounds, backcheck like a team and be patient. Tonight feels like 2-1 overtime (Habs of course). Habs have capitalized on every Bruins mistake so their focus will be on not making any. This will be a tight, low scoring and territorial game. Edge of seats all night.

19. Corio says:

It truly makes no difference if Chara is in tonight or not, he will be weak though if he is, we all know how a retrovirus can effect a person, you don’t get your energy back for at least a few days at best. All we need to do is continue playing like we have and with Price in nets we have what it takes to take them to Defeatsville..

Gotta say though the Bruins look nervous going into game three, they will be squeezing their sticks very tight..

Let’s take it to them boys!

20. Shiloh says:

I have a Board meeting tonight (6:30 – 9:00). Luckily, my laptop has a mute button. Is the game streamed simultaneously on CBC.ca? Does anyone know of a site where it will be streamed?

Have we heard whether AK46 is playing or not?

21. Joe Habsfan says:

The players don’t care if Chara is in or out!

22. ffenliv says:

For some reason, the part of the game I’m most excited for is Habs fans at the Bell showing Bruins fans how booing is really done.

In Boston, they’ve been ‘booing’ Subban. Tonight, if he even skates in the warmup, Chara and Bruins fans alike will learn what it’s like to hear 21,273 people (plus ushers, probably :) ), sound like when they hate someone with every fibre of their being.

Should be good.

• Former Jets Fan says:

Not just the booing – fandom in general. I can guarantee – not that it’s a stretch – nobody leaves early, nobody boos the home team tonight, no matter the result. And through two games – how many Let’s Go Bruins chants – or any fan participation for that matter, save their comical PK boos – did we hear in the Gahden? NOTHING. Boston fans suck. I saw people walking out with 4 minutes left wearing ‘Orr’ and ‘Neely’ jerseys! Talk about fairweather poseurs.

23. Feraco says:

Can’t wait for tonight!!!! The Montreal faithful will be out in full force!!!! Lets shake the town and send the B’s home!!!

According to TSN no further disciplinary action will be applied to Torres. NHL is such a joke. Did they not themselves say that ANY hit to the head (intentional or otherwise) going to be penalized? Torres targeted Seabrook who was in a vulnerable position. But I guess he was not aware who and where he was and what he was doing. Everyone who knows him will tell you he is not that kind of guy. More of the same bullshit.

• Greg says:

Such garbage. Kerry Fraser was on the great TSN.ca segment called C’mon Ref, and he was saying that it was textbook Rule 48. Fraser said he wouldn’t be surprised if it was double the last suspension. Apparently Colin Campbell knows something we don’t. What a joke. Makes me sad more than angry at this point.

• Former Jets Fan says:

Marouelli said the same on CBC. Clear case of 5 and a game. The head was the principal point of contact – obvious even at game speed.

• mrhabby says:

and torres only received a 2 minute penalty..lol

25. naweed235 says:

wow ok… I really did not think that people would find this so offensive… my mother is black and I dont find it offensive… anyhow, sorry if I offended anyone because that was really not the point and I cannot take it off at this point for some reason because the edit page does not load…

• Peter Young says:

I note that the original post has been removed from the blog, presumably by the Gazette. I’m pleased to see that and the unanimity of condemnation of this disgraceful video by my fellow Habs fans.

• Peter Young says:

I’m glad you had the grace to apologize and I believe there’s hope for you, although I don’t think you get why it is so racist. Think about it. It resurrects the old stereotype that if a black male can’t make it in hockey, baseball, football or other pro sports, he’ll turn to crime to make his living. Moreover, it features the n word, which carries its own racist history as an expression of white supremacy. What it says is that all you n–gers are fit for is pro sports or crime. And look at some of the people on YouTube who think it’s funny; they say that stereotype is the truth. Would you like people to think of you that way purely because of the color of your skin? The race of your mother–and of the guy who posted it on YouTube, who is also black–is irrelevant. No black person should be saddled with that kind of imagery. You are no doubt too young to know that only a few decades ago–well into my lifetime–a huge proportion of the white population in the USA believed that stereotype to be true and freely and commonly used the n word to disparage persons of color.

26. PrimeTime says:

I don’t get why so many here are so scared that the B’s will come out strong and desperate. Of course they will. They’re playoff hopes rest on tonight’s game. Sure glad the our boys don’t think like some of you. Habs have enough experience and are smart enough to know what to expect. They will be ready! It’s another 60 minute game and anything can happen. Win or lose we still control the series. You really think a loss tonight turns the series into B’s favour?? Ha! Lay off the nails and have some confidence people. BOS is much more fragile than our Habs.

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

27. ZepFan2 says:

Maybe instead of booing Chara or chanting his name.

Instead chant, WATERBOY!

————————————————————————
    Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Head-shots League.

28. I don’t find that funny one bit and which part did you find funny?
    I’m 39, maybe I just don’t get it.

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

29. Chris79 says:

I hope #94 scores tonight.. he soooo deserves a Goal.. after playing extremely well..the last 2 games..

My employer isn’t getting much out of me today, that’s for sure. The wait is torturous.

31. ShangaDoo says:

Seriously?

“They say you can’t buy experience,and it’s really true.” -Carey Price

32. Sakus Evil Twin says:

If Z plays, half the fun tonight will be watching Pleks and Gio slowly driving him insane… like water torture…

Yeah – we’ll see some colour in his cheeks. And steam from his ears.

Pleks pots AT LEAST one tonight.

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

33. Peter Young says:

I hope that Max Pacioretty is at least mentioned or his presence acknowledged during the pre-game ceremonies while that thug Chara is present and hears the crowd response. Get inside Chara’s head if he’s playing.

• habsindepth says:

You can bet that all Chara will hear are BOOOOOSSSSSSSS
      Bell Center crowd can be very unforgiving. The way Chara expressed his frustrations on Plek in game 1, can you imagine if he lets things get to him in this one….

===================================
      Web: http://www.habsindepth.com – For the Fanatics
      Twitter: @habsindepth

34. Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

If the Canadiesn players are as worked up about whether Chara is in or not as the media seems to be, we fans and our team might be in for a LONG night…..

____________________________________________________
    Sorry for being obnoxious, props for being generous,
    y’all down, we booze hounds, take two drinks and pass.

35. Propwash says:

Done in poor taste, and probably by a bruin fan.

36. Athlétique.Canadien says:

I don’t know what to expect. The Bruin’s should be a very hungry and angry team tonight. But will they be? I proclaimed on Saturday to watch out in game 2 because the Big Bad Bruins will be coming…well, they didn’t. If they pull a lacklustre effort tonight I’ll be shocked.

A 3-0 lead (unless B’s can somehow come back) is a virtual pink slip for Julien I bet!

37. kirkiswork says:

In Game 1 I thought that Chara did a couple of very good impersonations of a big pylon.
    Speed kills.

38. BadHabit says:

My advice: Play a perfect road game at home.

Go! Habs! Go!

39. adam76 says:

JUST

PLAY

THE

SYSTEM!

40. Habsfan16 says:

@naweed235
    I found that video horribly stupid, and racist!

Bring Hartley to Montreal!

41. Pucker Up says:

The boys just have to play within themselves tonight. The energy in the building is going to be through the roof, so it’s up to Martin and the rest of the staff to keep them grounded an focused on the game plan. No stupid aggressive penalties early on that could turn into an early Boston lead. Execute just as they did in the first two games: sound defense, skate, be patient, and force turnovers which will generate scoring chances.

I believe. GHG!!!!

42. samTHEman says:

Lmao down 0-2 on home ice, the Big ‘Sad’ Bruins can’t be more desperate. Somethin tells me Campbell is gonna give papa a ring to get the refs on Boston’s side.

If we have a commanding lead in the 3rd and Boston runs out of hope, look for them to want to hurt us. Here’s where White will be useful.

The minutes till 7:30 pm are longer than ever. 3-0 BABY!!!

~Kiss my ass Lucic!!!!

43. PrimeTime says:

Couldn’t care less if Z played or didn’t. Habs have a game plan and they must stick to it. B’s will come on strong to get that 1st goal to get some momentum, and to quiet the crowd. The 1st period is going to be huge. If Habs can get a lead then Julien’s head may explode and a Therapist may be needed for the rest of the team. Bye Bye B-boys. If B’s have the lead after the 1st, I think they are so messed up they will collapse under the pressure of “must win”. That’s the advantage we have underlined by being on home ice.

This is not a must win for the Habs. Other fans say that so it would ease their own minds. B’s know they are done if they lose tonight. We should see their best game. Habs will be ready and once again I think we out-smart them again. Habs may get out-played but I don’t think we lose. B’s are far too fragile in the head and anything going against them will spook them.

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

44. 4m3y2j says:

I have a funny feeling this will be Prices night tonight more than any previous game,lok for a very BIG save early , Gionta & Pleks should lead the charge,PK will be soooo ready as he feeds off of the BC atmosphere.Also I am concerned that benny may resort to old habits which is something to watch out for,he worries me as our 1 weak link,he is such an enigma The first 10 minutes are key,the habs need to come out charged but not sloppy…Whoever will be there is very lucky as it will be an incredible atmosphere.

45. Montreal1993 says:

Anyone Interested in tickets to thursdays game at the bell???

section 122 row EE seats 9-10

contact alexcarfagnini@gmail.com

46. Norcal Habsfan says:

Will Chara be questioned by police today or tomorrow? If so, can I be the guy that walks in the metal briefcase filled with IV interrogation paraphernalia?

Also, what do you lucky fans who get to attend the game tonight have in store for our freakish friend? I can’t be there so I’ll have to live vicariously through you.

47. Lee_D says:

What time does warmup usually start? Going to the game tonight and want to soak it all in :)

48. hirky says:

The first goal of tonights game is HUGE!! If the Habs get it, it might just fold up the Bruins season. But if the Bruins get it, and get it early it may just give them the boost they need to take this game. I still think the Bruins are in trouble as I dont think the Habs will lose both games at the Bell Center. If the Habs can get an early PP which is a real possibilty, as the B’s will probably be out to smash everyone again, and an early PP goal, we could see another Canadiens win and a stranglehold on the series. Look for Plek’s to have a BIG night points wise if the Habs get an early lead. If Chara cannot go tonight the B’s are also in for a long night. In my opinion its Thomas in nets, Rask is not the answer.

Looks like Dr Recchi worked his magic and got Chara back from the illness.

50. thebigguy says:

I said this last night but the Bruins have now lost 6 games in a row. To use a phrase much beloved in Canada, let’s make it 7!

51. habsindepth says:

With Chara’s return, this game will be a really tough one. A lead tonight can really help the Habs out in securing a second round, a loss tonight on the other hand means we will be in for a long run.

Pressure remains on the Bruins though, and that’s a good thing. Bell Center crowd can be extremely intimidating

===================================
    Web: http://www.habsindepth.com – For the Fanatics
    Twitter: @habsindepth

52. krob1000 says:

so does this mean andrei will play or looked as ready as Chara anyway?

53. Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

Better friggin not be, I’ll be about 8 Olands in to it at puck drop, stuff could get messy here in Annapolis Valley if things don’t go the way game 1 and 2 went……
    ____________________________________________________
    Sorry for being obnoxious, props for being generous,
    y’all down, we booze hounds, take two drinks and pass.