Morning-after musings

With his 104th goal, Tomas Plekanec tied Stéphan Lebeau and Kirk Muller for 50th on the Canadiens all-time list.

No team does ceremony better – Dave Stubbs

We have to be better, Gionta says of his line – Stubbs postgame column

TB is for real – Red Fisher

• Pat Hickey’s game story

Quotes from the room

Pierre Ladouceur’s analysis in La Presse

• JT’s game notes

And in case you missed it

n9V-BgBVPrE

1. falconea says:

I agree it would not have been hard for Koviu to put forth the effort that Gionta did last night.  I think the organization realized that and did the right thing.  Which is why I believe the french media will not be as hard on Gionta.

2. larisalapointe says:

No but showing some passion might incite the team.

3. Bugs says:

Totally agree (again) that the Priceberg is playing great so far. Best he’s been since his stint with Huey, imo.

But he’s not excluded from striving to play better, Newf.

No one is.

Decadently yours, I recline as

We are as fast as any team in the league. But we lack 60 min. tenacity. Tenacity draws penalties.  Passive coaching during the play.!

And without a power play we are done like dinner, in the new era of NHL play.

Two power play goals against last night again! and no PP goals for us again.!

5. G-Man says:

Well, not being privy to inside the room jokes- it sounded wrong- and Lapierre did not smile about it when he acknowledged the crowd.

6. Bugs says:

Noooo, our “beef” was that Koivu made no EFFORT to speak French. Nuance.

Decadently yours, I recline as

7. Bugs says:

This is usually the part where I sigh, then wail that “no one gets me!”

But my joke was lame to begin with so I deserve this.

Decadently yours, I recline as

8. SLONCOLD says:

alright… has a penalty call every been over turned from yelling at a ref?

9. FormalWare says:

The Habs’ forwards are Wicked fast–but the D are not mobile enough–4 of the 6 who played last night, anyway. Markov’s return will help.

10. falconea says:

One of the french media’s biggest beefs with Koviu was that he would not speak French.  I think the organization learned form that and did something about it with Gionta.  It has nothing to do with English media not caring about french culture.  It has to do with the Canadiens as an organization caring deeply about French culture and doing something about it.

11. TomNickle says:

Giving up 40+ shots on a regular basis isn’t a good thing especially when you’re only getting 25 yourself.

Giving up 40+ shots in a hockey game is embarrassing.

Which is why Brian Gionta is the of the opinion that the team needs to be better.

1.  Price was the best Hab of the game despite the score.

2.  Asking a 20 year old to replace the best player on the team is a pretty tough gig.

3.  It’s a non-issue.  There’s no way Boucher would be coach of Montreal right now, not with Martin’s contract and playoff run.  Boucher will join the Habs at some point down the road.  It’s destiny.

4.  I thought it was kind of lame.  Not much creativity.

5.  SD read my mind.  What else is there to say about this cap-killing albatross?  Pleks outplayed him at 2/3 the cost.

13. shiram says:

No harm done 😉

14. Bugs says:

Like I said: no one is excluded from getting better.

Decadently yours, I recline as

15. Halak the Franchise says:

Get real!  By thirty quality shots I mean shots Price actually had to move to stop.  They count long, outside shots that don’t have a chance of getting through, which adds to the total.  It’s not like he was bombarded constantly.  Look at the NHL stats and you’ll see most teams give up an average of 28-33 shots a game.  Giving up 48 once in a while isn’t as bad as it looks.

16. Bugs says:

Ohhhh…

Sorry.

Decadently yours, I recline as

17. habs youngtimer says:

Guerin!

18. habs youngtimer says:

well when you get paid 7.5 mil, and nothing, he deserves it!

GOMEZ IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE’S STEALING 7.5 MIL FOR CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. shiram says:

You Are Bugs, note the upper cased B in there??
    Do no thing everything revolves around you!!