Monday Video Theatre

Yes, there are people who are crazier than Bruins fans.

Vanity Fair posted these videos on its web site.

1. Da Hema says:

That woman in the God is so Good video is so right. I find myself praying to God that she shuts her goddamn mouth.

2. Danno says:

Imagine there’s no countries
    It isn’t hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

It turns out she was a troll. In this case she went “epic troll”. Her YouTube account has since been deleted. She also received death threats, had her address and phone number posted online and is receiving 100’s of pizzas delivered to her house. Un-friggin-real.

4. jew4jah says:

To: Team990 Programming
    Subject: re don cherry

why do you continue to play him daily?  is it not enough that the CBC
    employs this buffoon?  why do we also need to hear him on montreal
    i hope you don\’t pay him to sprout his non-wisdom.

i’d prefer dead air!

We have an agreement thru april and will
    review this summer

Wayne Bews
    General Manager
    THE TEAM 990

chara = חרה

5. Aerobiz says:

Ummm… wow.

Maybe we should just drop the bomb now and start from scratch.

6. Danno says:

That is absolutely religulous!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. ABHabsfan says:

Why would I want to go to heaven? I wouldn’t know anyone when I got there and I’m thinking there would be no beer. I think I will take my chances

8. 21BIGGionta says:

9. ABHabsfan says:

Are we really supposed to believe that that third chick even knows where the library is located?

10. G-Man says:

Those videos go out to all you true believers out there…..scary, huh?

11. HabFab says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but does the first girl believe God answered her prayers and killed thousands of people in answer to her prayers????????????????

12. edmontonhabsfan says:

C’mon Booner! I come to this site to hear banter about the Habs, not to hear religious and anti-religious nutjobs share their ignorance. Let’s get back to hockey.

13. edmontonhabsfan says:

14. Habnofear says:

Well Japan ,Booners got yer cure .You see all the stuff that comes out of these three lady’s when they breath out ?Well ,put them by those 3 leaking Japanese reactors when they inhale and  shazam, they’ll suck all that stuff up. Yeah ,there’s some lucky guy’s  waking up too that or what.!…We should set up a date for Chara with the first one;)

15. Wencz says:

With respect to Booner, I agree.

16. habsfan0 says:

Leafs lose to Tampa Bay. Edge closer to playoff elimination. Don Cherry blames Air Canada,VIA Rail,Geoff Molson,the Bell Centre,City of Montreal.

17. Jdub1985 says:

Went to USC for undergrad and grad … you think that Blonde is bad? only the tip of the iceberg.

18. longtimehabsfan says:

I was born in Montreal and have lived in NY since 1968.  Again, I feel I have to apologize to all reasonable people for the stupidity exhibited by some below the border.  For those who have seen the movie Idiocracy I believe that’s where we are headed.

Monday Video Theatre

Video scout Jarred Friedman dedicates this Neil Young classic to Jaro Halak.

Monday Video Theatre

Memo to the unDickensian-named Jim Playfair:

Next time, try the de-caf.

Can someone read his lips to see if Dr. Demento is suggesting Don Koharski’s son “go eat a donut, you fat pig!”

1. doug19 says:

Stupid is a possibility! I hope this is wrong and they somehow keep both goalies.

2. RudeMood19 says:

If they trade Carey Price they are stupid.

3. doug19 says:

Gainey ignored advice

“He elevated Price to the big time before the kid was truly ready.”

Inquiring minds want to know: If freshly minted Habs general manager Pierre Gauthier decides to trade Carey Price this summer, will Guy Carbonneau and Rollie Melanson receive engraved apologies from Bob Gainey?

4. longtimehabsfan says:

I remember that incident well.  Shonny was suspended for a key playoff
    game against the Bruins and the Devils fell in 7 games.  Much like last
    year’s Tortorella scenario.

5. PureGuava says:

This was the appropriate reaction for a brutal call in 2-0 hockey game, especially when the zebra’s last name is Koharski.

“Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.” – Robert Anton Wilson

6. Xtrahabsfan says:

Man I enjoyed that read…GREATFUN Christopher….

7. Les-Habitants says:

haha, I just realized that this was the game in which the Bulldogs won 4-0, and in the process broke a whole slew of franchise records.

Thanks Playfair, for making sure that this game is remembered for a while.

Speaking of which, who wants to bet that Calgary is cleaning house this off-season.  I think they need to get rid of Playfair, Sutter(s), a get a fresh perspective in there

8. coachdoug says:

It’s Cops and Donuts…not Referees

“Vive le col roulé! Le système, C’est le col roulé!”

9. Dave Stubbs says:

Did a feature with Don Koharski last year upon his final game in Montreal. He said he never liked doughnuts. Schoenfeld had the wrong junk food…

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter:

10. Habitant in Surrey says:

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

11. mrhabby says:

funny but also playfair is just an idiot ..a freak.

12. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

For a second, I thought he was going to rip off his shirt too.

13. Chorske says:

I’m with Tourneur. The player immediately to PLayfair’s left cracks me up.

14. Keith says:

I watched it last night and it wasn’t really that bad but they left out some stuff, I think, to make it more favorable to Cherry. It had some funny moments to it as well.

15. Keith says:

Man that was CRAZY! I thought he would start foaming at the mouth. A little over the top I think.

16. Danno says:

Why doesn’t the CBC do a biopic about a real coach? The legendary Toe Blake. Now that, I would watch.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

17. Habitant in Surrey says:

…wasn’t too impressed with the promos for the Don Cherry CBC drama series …didn’t think the lead actor as too convincing in the short vignettes …yet, My Son turned it on, and found as a brainless way to fritter away 60 minutes of One’s Life, it was better than I thought it would be …in a Canadian bete-noir kinda way

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Monday Video Theatre

Something to chase your post-Games Blues:

During the Montréal-Québec TV series, Patrice Brisebois gets into with Bob Hartley.

I won’t provide a full translation, but several “shut your face”s, a couple of Stanley Cup ring citations and Breezer told Hartley “you have trouble finding a job.”

•  •  •

Best line on the Games ceremonies from my great and good friend Josie Gold, the Photo Shop wizard of Four Habs Fans:

“Giant penises to open the Games, giant beavers to close them.”

•  •  •

Damien Cox on Twitter:

A reader says the
3 biggest goals in Canadian hockey history are from Paul Henderson and
2 guys who live in the same house in Pittsburgh.