Monday Video Theatre

Yes, there are people who are crazier than Bruins fans.

Vanity Fair posted these videos on its web site.

wPYQHEoJAT4

1. edmontonhabsfan says:

C’mon Booner! I come to this site to hear banter about the Habs, not to hear religious and anti-religious nutjobs share their ignorance. Let’s get back to hockey.

2. edmontonhabsfan says:

3. Habnofear says:

Well Japan ,Booners got yer cure .You see all the stuff that comes out of these three lady’s when they breath out ?Well ,put them by those 3 leaking Japanese reactors when they inhale and  shazam, they’ll suck all that stuff up. Yeah ,there’s some lucky guy’s  waking up too that or what.!…We should set up a date for Chara with the first one;)

4. Wencz says:

With respect to Booner, I agree.

5. habsfan0 says:

Leafs lose to Tampa Bay. Edge closer to playoff elimination. Don Cherry blames Air Canada,VIA Rail,Geoff Molson,the Bell Centre,City of Montreal.

6. Jdub1985 says:

Went to USC for undergrad and grad … you think that Blonde is bad? only the tip of the iceberg.

7. jew4jah says:

To: Team990 Programming
    Subject: re don cherry

why do you continue to play him daily?  is it not enough that the CBC
    employs this buffoon?  why do we also need to hear him on montreal
    radio?
    i hope you don\’t pay him to sprout his non-wisdom.

i’d prefer dead air!

RESPONSE:

Michael
    We have an agreement thru april and will
    review this summer

Wayne Bews
    General Manager
    THE TEAM 990
    514-931-4910

chara = חרה

8. Aerobiz says:

Ummm… wow.

Maybe we should just drop the bomb now and start from scratch.

9. longtimehabsfan says:

I was born in Montreal and have lived in NY since 1968.  Again, I feel I have to apologize to all reasonable people for the stupidity exhibited by some below the border.  For those who have seen the movie Idiocracy I believe that’s where we are headed.

It turns out she was a troll. In this case she went “epic troll”. Her YouTube account has since been deleted. She also received death threats, had her address and phone number posted online and is receiving 100′s of pizzas delivered to her house. Un-friggin-real.

11. Danno says:

That is absolutely religulous!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

12. ABHabsfan says:

Why would I want to go to heaven? I wouldn’t know anyone when I got there and I’m thinking there would be no beer. I think I will take my chances

13. 21BIGGionta says:

Shit.

14. ABHabsfan says:

Are we really supposed to believe that that third chick even knows where the library is located?

15. G-Man says:

Those videos go out to all you true believers out there…..scary, huh?

16. HabFab says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but does the first girl believe God answered her prayers and killed thousands of people in answer to her prayers????????????????

17. Danno says:

Imagine there’s no countries
    It isn’t hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

18. Da Hema says:

That woman in the God is so Good video is so right. I find myself praying to God that she shuts her goddamn mouth.

The first commandment is “Thou shalt have no God before me.”

The Koran starts “There is no God….”

IM very HO the mystery of existence is beyond our understanding, beyond words, without a name, beyond images.

All values come from people. Religions only glean what already was and claim it as their own.

My other belief is that worship of any manner is a negative force, a violent one, and is ruse to justify a collective insanity.

I wouldn’t deny that there is something that goes by the name of God, but whatever it is, it is far beyond any attempt man has produced to describe It. Man created God in His image. Not the other way around.

20. Sheldon says:

That’s why I’m shooting for Purgatory. If this trio is destined to be saved, I am in no rush at all to get to Heaven!

21. punkster says:

I will say, however, that given her..umm…outstanding qualities, a shot of salvation wouldn’t be a bad thing. Like say 20 minutes or so?

***STOP THE MADNESS***

22. RGM says:

Yikes.

23. 134 says:

wow… I’m speechless… that’s the epiphany of American ignorance and honestly, Jesus must have wept after watching the first 2 videos.

24. HabsProf says:

Careful – I’ve seen many of my fellow Canadians who leave me just as speechless.

And lest you think stupidity only belongs to the radical religious right, hang around California for a bit and you will see a truly loony left, people who have NO grounding in reality.

_____________________________________ They brought their f____ing toys with them!

25. andrewberkshire says:

I thought that too initially but she has a bunch of videos doing the same.

26. HabsProf says:

Do you think it is possible that the first one is just great satire?  (Tasteless in the extreme, but well done.)  Just wondering.

As for the 3rd, I live in California.  There are a lot of vapid students at UCLA just like this gal.

27. andrewberkshire says:

What a disgrace.

28. Axeman says:

It is really frightening some of the nutjobs that are out there.

The next thing that will be posted is that Max was being punished by god through Chara for some sin he committed.

I am not a religious person, and do not want to start a debate, but it is people like these, from ALL religions that are the most dangerous people in the world.

All the best (and godspeed) to the Habs tomorrow against Washington.  GO HABS GO!!!!

29. Mr.Hazard says:

These people, especially the 1st and 3rd, made these for the sole purpose of getting lots of views. And we’re feeding them!

30. 1010 says:

100% correct. Some like to think that America owns the patent on stupidity. WRONG!

go habs…

31. 134 says:

True that (guess I must have had a momentary amnesia- I mean, how could I forget Don Cherry on that subject ;).

Of course ignorance and stupidity is not exclusive to Americans. But I do have to say though, that as someone from a different culture living in North America and being in Canada for the past 20 years, I find that Canadians are way much more levelheaded than Americans. Whenever I talk to my Americans friends or colleagues on political/international issues, I certainly get that sense of “the US is the king of the world” if not in a very subtle way. And that kind of attitude is being reflected in so many aspects- including religion. And then you watch TV you see they way people talk or the comments they make, starting from Bush, Miss Teen USA, to the people in these videos- I mean, it’s just hard for me to think otherwise. I guess you can say that it has just become a stereotype for me.

Anyway. Just a personal observation.

32. 1010 says:

Talk about shock and awe. George W. could have used that first bi!#! a few years ago.

Unbelievable what kind of morons inhabit the planet.

GO HABS…

Gross dude.

34. SLYDER says:

looks like charlie sheen is off the hook….not so crazy after all!

Monday Video Theatre

Video scout Jarred Friedman dedicates this Neil Young classic to Jaro Halak.

N7mO_esjPUw

1. Will Longlade says:

What a whiner. I hate the Pens & I hope what goes around comes around for Cooke. Would be nice to see OB flatten him like a pancake.

2. Xtrahabsfan says:

If that’s how he feels then he should shut his mouth

,fight Subban and get knocked the fu*k out again……..loved seeing  it and want him knocked out more!

3. JasonM says:

Reading Matt Cooke complaining about Subban intent to injure Pittsburg players is surreal to say the least.

4. HabFanSince72 says:

Link from RDS:

The original story comes from the (don’t laugh it’s true)  “Beaver County Times”.

5. Willy the bum says:

I saw on TV recently Neil Young in a Sharks game and was told he bought season tickets to San Jose Sharks.

So I sensed he is a Sharks fan.  I guess I don’t mind, ’cause he probably gave up on the Leafs looooong ago.  :P

6. aemarchand11 says:

Markov is more of the setup man, he had streit and souray in the past to get the puck on net.

-Halak it alot because the Price is right-

7. Grabbed The Cup says:

It already has (come around), rhough I’m still hoping for much more, and worse.

Nice little remix here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxcvGJ-JMnY

You leave me little notes on my pillow. Told you 158 times I can’t stand little notes on my pillow. “We’re all out of cornflakes. F.U.” Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Unger!

8. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I prefer being a Canadian, even after years of living in the US …yet, I rather live next to the USA than any other country on Earth

…it’s only when it comes to hockey I become ‘anti-American” …and THAT’s only because You are becoming too good on the ice ……and the dwarf in New York

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

9. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I think Mike writes more like a Fan than a journalist, which is His intent …there are some extraneous stuff He goes off on that can annoy People …but Mike speaks from His heart when it comes to hockey and Our Team …I know He has liked the Kostitsyn’s in the past, but likely is becoming frustrated like many of Us are

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

10. topher5468 says:

Hey Boone, I just read a peice by Rocket on All habs in which he was a bit harsh on you for your treatment of specific players. Thats not true is it, you dont play favorites due to a players nationality. I have felt that your critisisim of Both K bros specifically AK has been just. I feel they are both very talented but they do lack something, I really dont pretend to have answers, I have opinions but I am no expert. Regarding MAB, well, I know he has a great shot but he is to often a liability and would not be upset to never see him again. I know you love Benny, heck, I think we all appreciate his potential and with his offense suffering his physical play in this series to me is a revelation, I believe this type of play will incite his offense. As I am American and sometimes feel like sometimes we get a bad rap from our Northern Neighbors, dont want to believe that your analysis is biased. Anyway, I hope its not as I throughly enjoy your game blog and pre and post game comments.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

11. Shiloh says:

Neil Young – out of Winnipeg, formerly of Neil Young and the Squires. When I was about 15, his band used to play a lot here, when the cities were Port Arthur and Fort William. He drove around town in an old hearse and he would walk along Victoria Ave. with his guitar. Once, he asked my buddy and I as we walked along the sidewalk, “You wanna hear a song I just wrote?” We listened – it wasn’t long – but I absolutely can’t remember a note of it.

His Dad was Scott Young, who appeared on Hockey Night in Canada and wrote for the Toronto papers. Scott Young also wrote a bunch of kids hockey books featuring a fictional character Bill Spunska, who grew up having to learn English as his parents had just emigrated to Canada from Poland. The series eventually  takes Spunska all the way to the Maple Leafs. I must have read them each a dozen times.

Sorry for the non-hockey rambling….Go Habs.

12. Corporate says:

Don’t aplogize. It is nice to read something a little different once in a while. It is a breath of fresh air.

13. Peter Young says:

Sheesh, I didn’t know Scott Young was Neil’s father.  As a boy in the 1950s, I used to read Scott Young’s magazine pieces.  Thanks for sharing this.

14. Corporate says:

Nice Video…

As for the boards. I have read the coards saying they should do this, they should do that. Give so and so an extra days of rest. That is why we are not coach. He makes the tough decisions. he also knows who deserves to go out there and who doesn’t.

Kudo’s for Gainey. After he got soooo many bashers after the first month of the season for changing the whole team around. Then the protests for Kovy,s return. You know what.. Screw Kovy… We don’t need him. He is not a real leader. he would have never done with Subban or Laiperre as what Gomez and Gionta do during the game. They talk to each other and don’t have any complexes. Why? Cause they are all there for one goal and that goal is to win hockey games. I love this binch we have and hope the nucleus will stay with us for years to come.

15. Peter Young says:

Mike, thanks for posting, on the main page, the link to Hickey’s piece on Cammy’s soccer skills.  I remember reading–it may have been in Ken Dryden’s first book–that Canadians were bemused in 1972 when they saw the Soviet team training by playing soccer–as I recall, some laughed at it–then discovering its value to hockey players when the Soviets used their skates to control, redirect and pass the puck.

16. Shiloh says:

The parents had split up and Neil spent his formative years in Winnipeg. He sure looks like his dad too.

17. Natrous says:

If you haven’t read ‘Shakey’, it’s a great bio on Neil throughout his life. I recommend it.

18. Shiloh says:

Thanks – I’m headed over to Chapters tomorrow. I just finished a couple of older John Irving novels I hadn’t read – a good bio sounds great.

PK comes to play his game as advertised. Now you see why no one was named captain as yet!

We will have a 20 year captain towards the end of next year. Like Pittsburgh had a couple of years ago..

20. punkster says:

Easy there Ian. Go slow.

21. DearyLeary says:

A little premature.  I still think Gionta is the most deserving, experienced, gritty, can’t look the guy in the eye after you have a bad shift, Stanley Cup winner…

Subban will be a Calder contender, unless playoff games count towards a rookie season.

22. MikeMcLaren says:

Ian, glad to see you are still celebrating yesterday’s victory, but perhaps you celebrated a little too much!? :)

Just as you wisely cautioned others who said that PK was ready for the NHL and that he should skip the AHL altogether, I’ll caution you that I think (not knowing PK personally as you do, obviously) that for the team’s sake, he needs more seasoning in the NHL before he jumps into any captaincy.

It’s not at all inconceivable that PK is a future captain, or even will get the “A” on his jersey sooner than later, but the “C”?  Next year?  After these playoffs it’s most likely going to Gionta.

Remember at the beginning of the season and even mid-way through when there were those who didn’t know if Montreal even had captain-quality players?  I think that notion is now fully dispelled.

Would too many people have a problem giving it to Gionta now?  How about Josh Gorges?  Heck, how about HAL GILL?  Or the other candidates, Markov, Cammalleri (I think he should just focus on scoring goals), even Gomez.

This team will have a captain at the beginning of next season.  His last name won’t be Subban, but my goodness what an extraordinary player PK is.  And the jokes are even over – he’s on the PK now!

On the way to the silver cup are some dark clouds, namely Markov’s playoff ending injury, but fortunately there are also silver linings, namely the continued emergence of PK Subban.  I’m still happy to say I was one of the few Canadiens fans who personally witnessed PK’s NHL debut, and I still cherish his game-used stick that I picked up at the HIO Summit raffle.

It’s a great story and a great ride.  Love it!

I’ll be traveling up for tomorrow’s game.  I cannot wait.  The Bell Centre will be rockin’ and there might just be a PK, PK, PK chant or two as well.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

23. Will Longlade says:

Well, PK definitely has an A or a C in his future, but I wouldn’t burden him with that distinction too early.

Anyone notice that PK has a better shot from the point than Marky? It’s more accurate and he get’s it off faster. I see him making an  offensive contribution in this series as he gains his confidence. But we won’t see too many end to end rushes. JM and Pearn have him playing a conservative style game fitting for the playoffs.

24. Natrous says:

I like the enthusiasm, but that’s a huge step that won’t happen just yet.

Monday Video Theatre

Memo to the unDickensian-named Jim Playfair:

Next time, try the de-caf.

Can someone read his lips to see if Dr. Demento is suggesting Don Koharski’s son “go eat a donut, you fat pig!”

21nBVuCMPuQ

1. doug19 says:

Stupid is a possibility! I hope this is wrong and they somehow keep both goalies.

2. mrhabby says:

funny but also playfair is just an idiot ..a freak.

3. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

For a second, I thought he was going to rip off his shirt too.

4. Chorske says:

I’m with Tourneur. The player immediately to PLayfair’s left cracks me up.

5. Keith says:

I watched it last night and it wasn’t really that bad but they left out some stuff, I think, to make it more favorable to Cherry. It had some funny moments to it as well.

6. Keith says:

Man that was CRAZY! I thought he would start foaming at the mouth. A little over the top I think.

7. Danno says:

Why doesn’t the CBC do a biopic about a real coach? The legendary Toe Blake. Now that, I would watch.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

8. Habitant in Surrey says:

…wasn’t too impressed with the promos for the Don Cherry CBC drama series …didn’t think the lead actor as too convincing in the short vignettes …yet, My Son turned it on, and found as a brainless way to fritter away 60 minutes of One’s Life, it was better than I thought it would be …in a Canadian bete-noir kinda way

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

9. doug19 says:

Gainey ignored advice

“He elevated Price to the big time before the kid was truly ready.”

Inquiring minds want to know: If freshly minted Habs general manager Pierre Gauthier decides to trade Carey Price this summer, will Guy Carbonneau and Rollie Melanson receive engraved apologies from Bob Gainey?

10. Xtrahabsfan says:

Man I enjoyed that read…GREATFUN Christopher….

11. RudeMood19 says:

If they trade Carey Price they are stupid.

12. Les-Habitants says:

haha, I just realized that this was the game in which the Bulldogs won 4-0, and in the process broke a whole slew of franchise records.

Thanks Playfair, for making sure that this game is remembered for a while.

Speaking of which, who wants to bet that Calgary is cleaning house this off-season.  I think they need to get rid of Playfair, Sutter(s), a get a fresh perspective in there

13. longtimehabsfan says:

I remember that incident well.  Shonny was suspended for a key playoff
    game against the Bruins and the Devils fell in 7 games.  Much like last
    year’s Tortorella scenario.

14. coachdoug says:

It’s Cops and Donuts…not Referees

“Vive le col roulé! Le système, C’est le col roulé!”

15. PureGuava says:

This was the appropriate reaction for a brutal call in 2-0 hockey game, especially when the zebra’s last name is Koharski.

“Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.” – Robert Anton Wilson

16. Dave Stubbs says:

Did a feature with Don Koharski last year upon his final game in Montreal. He said he never liked doughnuts. Schoenfeld had the wrong junk food…

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

17. Habitant in Surrey says:

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

18. Jbell10 says:

Exactly what I needed on this dull monday morning Mr. Boone, thanks.

ps. Hahaha thats highlarious

19. Mike Boone says:

Laffs R Us

20. Tourneur says:

the player on the right covering his mouth laughing   awesome

21. MikeMcLaren says:

Heck, it was two players – they both couldn’t stop.  Classic indeed.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

22. Xtrahabsfan says:

Geese…Now Carbo and Roy have a new coaching line to cross…..

23. JD_ says:

To trigger that kind of outburst, seems to me Have-Another-Donut Jr. must have brought up the fact that, despite being the 20th overall pick at the 1982 NHL Draft, ol’ Jim only played about that many games in the NHL. His older brother Larry, you know, the favoured son, played almost 700 games.

Heck, RDS’ Gaston Therrien was picked 129th in 1980 and managed to eke out a 22-game career.

That’d set anyone off.

24. Rob D says:

Heck, this is nothing..I got to watch Terry Crisp behind the bench of the Soo Greyhounds for a few years in the 80`s. Dr. Jeklyl, Mr. Hyde situation. One of the nicest, most well spoken guys you could imagine in a social situation like the private men’s club I bartended at.

Behind the bench? the most histrionic, foul mouthed (fouler than foul..trust me..he had tough steelworkers cringing at the invective spewing forth after something as innocuous as a close offside call in the opening minutes of a period)

He’s lucky the net and YouTube weren’t around. he’d be an internet star..lol

25. notbigbird says:

That was kinda fun.

26. doug19 says:

Wow put him on coach’s corner!

27. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

aww he didn’t turn green :’(

28. showey47 says:

I can see why he was pissed but no need to snap like that. Thats just embarrasing yourself and the organization.

Monday Video Theatre

Something to chase your post-Games Blues:

During the Montréal-Québec TV series, Patrice Brisebois gets into with Bob Hartley.

I won’t provide a full translation, but several “shut your face”s, a couple of Stanley Cup ring citations and Breezer told Hartley “you have trouble finding a job.”

•  •  •

Best line on the Games ceremonies from my great and good friend Josie Gold, the Photo Shop wizard of Four Habs Fans:

“Giant penises to open the Games, giant beavers to close them.”

•  •  •

Damien Cox on Twitter:

A reader says the
3 biggest goals in Canadian hockey history are from Paul Henderson and
2 guys who live in the same house in Pittsburgh.

WI-RkFPNgtE