Mobile usage way up

Gazette marketing stats maven David “I Love the New England Patriots” Klimek checks in with the latest Google Analytics numbers on Habs Inside/Out page views.

The web site had 2,478.526 page views in October – our best month of 2010.

And the mobile version of HIO had 191,008 page views – best total ever,

As a reward for our record reach among mobile device users, Patrick V. Hickey has been given a BlackBerry, programmed with the home number of Red Fisher’s rotary dial black telephone.

1. fbkj says:

ENOUGH!

the only reason you have these stats is because you arent giving the users a choice, you are forcing a redirect without giving the option to always go to the full site

the only thing your mobile site does is remove functionality, which is retarded

if you dont want to develop an app, giving us full access to the sites features and if you want to gimp the mobile site accordingly, give our devices a choice as to which site WE WISH TO VISIT

if you need help figuring out how to do this, i will gladly volunteer my services, i have worked on a few sites that do rectify this issue, but this has to end NOW and by now i mean its been a long time comming…

~love HIO, but please, for the love of GOD… stop redirecting us to your horrible mobile site…~

2. since1988 says:

congrats on the page views…keep up the good work

3. fbkj says:

so just out of curiosity, will you guys be removing the auto redirect?

4. zamboni says:

I’m glad that you’re noticing the increased numbers in mobile users.

I hope that will translate to catering a little better to the mobile users.

as it stands the mobile experience SUCKS!

- RSS Feed links end up on main page (not the article it references)

- Forced redirects to the mobile version

- even if we switch to non-mobile version, next page load goes back to mobile

- no comments section

I can go on and on …

5. fbkj says:

okay im glad this has been brought up

can you PLEASE stop automatically redirecting HIO to its mobile site… its infuriating

if you insist on an auto redirect can we have access to comments from within the mobile site?

also, i can haz app plz?

6. blu3chip says:

I second that.

It is really annoying that I have to click the top of the mobile site to access the desktop version, which has the comment section, every single time I come to this site.

I wish they can just have separate URLs so I can bookmark the desktop one.

7. yehaken says:

Yes, I third this motion.  Mobile views are increasing because we’re forced to the mobile site on devices like iPads. Sadaam Hussein got 100% of the votes in the 2002 Iraqi elections using a similar technique.

8. cunningdave says:

Yes, agreed, please stop patting yourself on the back about this!  These numbers are coming from iPads that are forced to go to the mobile page by redirect.  Look at the stick numbers, and you’ll see how many people immediately switch back to the main website.

Seriously guys, this is bush-league.  This is Leafs-style hockey.

9. RGM says:

*Adds mobile site to phone bookmarks*

Blame it on the games being underway – so much easier to send a text post from the couch than lumber over to the computer! LOL

10. fbkj says:

some sites have options to permanently go to full site when visiting (wikipedia for one)

11. Psycho29 says:

Actually I found an image of Pat’s ‘new’ cell phone…

12. newbrunswick troy says:

Hey is that a cell phone …or a reconfigured “birth control pill box “

Here is where we place in a 30 team league this week.

Goal Against—–25.. We are in  6th place.    Last week we were in 5th.

Total Points——15.. We are in  3rd place.    Last week we were in 14th

Goals For———29.. We are in 15th place.    Last week we were in 26th

Not to shabby and 75% better than last years start.

For SUMMIT information.. Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

Technologie is way over my head, I don’t even have a cell phone.!!

I am just getting to the point of spelling larger than 4 letter words without spell check.!!

15. Storm Man says:

Warren Buffett does not have a cell phone, You are in good company.

16. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

Got two extra tickets to the Habs game in Buffalo this Friday, private message me if interested. They are section 306 (center ice), row 12, seats 16 and 17. Good view of the whole rink. Will consider any offers! Maybe meet up for a beer at the Pearl Street Brewery!!!???

The Hockey God will remain for 6 more years…

17. fbkj says:

now i want an app for THAT

18. ths says:

I am personally committed to not clicking on any ad on this site unless its Chez Paree

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

19. newbrunswick troy says:

WEll i personaly only check out Chez Paree,s adds on there Foyer wall….ha,ha

20. newbrunswick troy says:

Hey Hickey….when your calling old “RED” on his rotary phone , remember to let it wring 6-8 times as its wall mounted in his kitchen and before he can get to it he has to find his glasses…(8 wrings should do it)