Microsummit this week, details to come

It’ll be too small to even call a mini-summit, but stay tuned to Habs Inside/Out Monday for complete details on a little event that’s in the works for this coming Thursday evening, July 15, in Montreal-suburban Pointe-Claire.

Very informal, but a chance for Habs fans and HIO visitors to gather in 30C temperatures of July and talk about, what else, the Canadiens.

1. showey47 says:

I agree,no chance it will happen. To me i’d rather see him play at least 2 years of ncaa and play in 2 wjc’s then spend at least a year in hamilton.

2. likehoy says:

i hope boyd turns out to be TK but better. Man i miss TK. would love to have him back on the team any day.

3. camel_larry says:

*salivate*

Man, him with Muller as the asst. would be phenomenal.

4. likehoy says:

i agree howard webb is one of the best, his experience in the EPL lets him work with primadonnas weekly so he knows his ship.

but he did mess up the sneijder free kick, and the de jong yellow could have been a red (viewed by some). I think at that point in the game (around the 25th-30th minute) it’s just tough to give a straight red to anybody…especially in a world cup final. the pressure is IMMENSE.

some blame on the free kick has to be directed to the linesman, he should have saw the deflection at the very least.

5. likehoy says:

it would have been more dramatic! plus i’m a huge iker casillas fan…would love to watch him stop some shots!

that one he stopped against paraguay was incredible, no rebound.

6. sholi2000.com says:

We spent the weekend in Wpg watching AA ball, and JT raising the Cup!

Going to watch the Twins in August.

Besides that, pretty quiet summer.

They Call Me Shane

7. ed lopaz says:

I could care less what the Habs would have looked like by firing JM.

Guy Boucher as Head Coach with Larry Robinson as his Assistant ?

be carefull, Bill. when your posts start sounding like mine, its usually a sign that there’s trouble ahead. 🙂

I could not agree more.

8. B says:

10 weeks and 3 days until the first pre-season game vs Boston (but who’s counting 🙂

9. JIMVINNY says:

Except for the free kick that went off the Spanish wall, that should have resulted in a dutch corner, but instead became a goal kick which ended in the game winning goal.  That was the big one, but the ridiculous number of dives he fell for were BS too.  So yeah, he was crap.

10. HabFab says:

I won’t say anything but you will have to talk to your ‘bro’.

On another issue, what are the Tampa fans telling Leo about their thoughts on the arrival of Boucher?

11. Bugs says:

You mean the last 10 mins of Slovakia – Italy, yes?

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

12. Bugs says:

No, it was NOT crap.

It was great officiating. No guff accepted.

He missed the Iniesta dive but everything else was on the money.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

13. Bill J says:

Uh-Oh Cat

we agree again.

I could care less what the Habs would have looked like by firing JM.

Guy Boucher as Head Coach with Larry Robinson as his Assistant ?

Man that woulda been nice.

Sorry to all JM supporters.

14. Bugs says:

Yesterday’s game was NOT great. Yesterday’s game was BY FAR the most dispassionate of the WHOLE competition. Mr.Ian, please…

Brazil – Holland was the best game of the tournament, followed by ze Germans dismantling of England and Argentina.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

15. Bill J says:

Just because he’s tall, doesn’t mean he will start purse snatching!

Jeez! You got something against our BIG D-Men ? lol

😛

16. JIMVINNY says:

I hope you’re not talking about that soccer game today.  Because that was some crap reffing.

17. HabFanSince72 says:

Howard Webb did hos best. He could easily have sent off De Jong, Van Pummel and Robben.

The Dutch disgraced themselves with one of the dirtiest displays ever seen in a world cup final.

18. Bugs says:

I love Howard Webb.

Doesn’t take no guff from nobody.

Great officiating.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

19. Bugs says:

Really?

I thought fersure he’d set his sights low, low, low, and say all the wrong things.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

20. Bugs says:

My granpa and cousin have left me messages goin “Viva!”

And of course, in true family spirit, I have replied “Somos campeones!” even though I never thought they’d get past ze Germans, nevermind those buxom blondies. But they don’t know that…

Our little secret, aye?

Viva!

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

21. SeriousFan09 says:

That would be great, but I would say Tinordi is a minimum two-year wait. He seems to have the body type and skill set to get it going, but I suspect at least a year of NCAA hockey, plus he’ll likely be putting in an AHL season. I think the Habs are going to try and go slower with the kids from now on.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

22. The Cat says:

I always like to see the youth get a push. I cant help but think though that Robinson would’ve been great for the young D (Subban, Tinordi, Weber and Obyrne), just knowing you have someone on the bench that has your back would do wonders.

23. JIMVINNY says:

I would like to see that.  Only thing that scares me is that he might pull an o’byrne on us.

24. showey47 says:

No,but his son apparently refs in the ahl,which scares me a little.

25. The Cat says:

Yes that was a good one too.

26. The Cat says:

Maybe the world juniors would be a good place to try it out first.

27. Chuck says:

Better yet: Have FIFA take Chris Lee off our hands!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

28. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Was Kerry Fraser’s long-lost, English twin officiating that match?

29. SlovakHab says:

For me: Slovakia – Italy 3-2.

30. dh says:

Spain was probably the better team but the refs were horrible.  That play where the dutch guy was in the box and the defender wrapped him up should have been a penalty shot.

And it looked offside when they scored.  The last yellow against the Netherlands, the replay showed that the Spanish player didn’t even touch him.  Too much diving.  And the refs were biting on too many of them.

Yesterday’s game was better to watch.

31. TripleX says:

Yeah they are awesome. This dude has the other major sports as well if you are interested.

“And I am really looking forward to watching Michael Cammalleri in the NHL. He had an awesome year in the AHL.” PIERRE McGUIRE

32. Pucker Up says:

The Greeks had it figured out around 300 B.C., and had surmised it to be true for about another 300 years previous.

33. Rugger says:

What might make Soccer more entertaining is allow players to keep hacking away at the ball for 4-5 seconds after the golaie makes a save like in hockey when Chris Lee is reffing.

34. Pucker Up says:

Big deal! With eight arms, you’re bound to be always pointing at the winner!

The winning team’s soccer federation will receive about $31 million in prize money from FIFA.
    The Spanish Football Association has promised to give each of its 23
    players a bonus of 600,000 euros (or about $758,000 in U.S. dollars)

FIFA will pay the final’s losing organization around $2.4 million. It
    gave out prize money to the tune of $7.5 million for a team getting out
    of group play, $9 million for reaching the quarterfinals and $18
    million for reaching the semifinals. Losing in the semifinals was worth
    $20 million.

36. Pucker Up says:

I’ll be your avatar’s beast of burden anytime!

37. SeriousFan09 says:

I think that would just have us getting our butts kicked. Theoretically we could assemble two teams for the OLY, but not 3 or 4 especially if you start dividing on territorial lines with the weakness from Quebec right now.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

38. Storm Man says:

And who says donkeys are dumb. Nice post 🙂

39. The Cat says:

Maybe Canada could do like the UK and divide up into 4 ‘countries’ (West, Ontario, Quebec and East)for the hockey world championships and olympics…Hockey needs more drama. There just isnt enough hate between Canada and Sweden, Finland, Germany etc.

40. Storm Man says:

I had 6 of my friends over to watch the game on my new 3D tv 52 inch (Sony) still the game was a yawn in 3D and to think I went out and had to buy 3 more pairs of 3D glasses at a 150.00 a pop. I cant wait for football and even better hockey season.

Cat–right, That was another good game!

42. ooder says:

Paul the octupus DESTROYS maggie the monkey

100% success rate!

——————

88 is the new 23

43. Pucker Up says:

Still smarting from the Halak trade?

We have quite a few months to go yet before we can start watching the best game on the planet! What do we do next for sports entertainment??

Oh ya! The Alouettes play Edmonton tonight at 7pm eastern. Go Als Go!—More Fan Summit Information—————–

45. The Cat says:

Uruguay-Ghana was the game of the tournament for me.

46. The Cat says:

Thank goodness Spain won,  the Netherlands were a bit of a disgrace. Normally I dont wish for any sports team to carry a psychological loser tag on them (3rd finals loss) but this time I was happy.

You were just not watching the same game that I was.!

True Dat Keith, Overall I enjoyed the tournament. Don’t know the game as well as hockey or even our football. But I liked the game yesterday a lot. Each team was going forward all game long.

But today’s game was a shame at best! Even though the better team won the game without question.

49. Storm Man says:

Yawn……. Who won?

50. Keith says:

Like I said in an earlier thread. You can’t drink out of that trophy.

51. BJ says:

Are you kidding! Ref was a joke.

52. BJ says:

Spain is a very good team. I was cheering for the Netherlands but…… I was also hoping the referee would not be a part of the end result or a factor in the outcome but he “took up too much space” in the scheme of things. I’m glad we have hockey as I don’t think I could take too much of the diving and I’m dead one second and I’m up the next.

53. likehoy says:

even up the possession? what game were you watching? it was spains ball but the dutch broke it up using anti-football so it didn’t feel like the spanish had more of the ball but they did.

the final percentages were 63% to 37% for the spanish

54. likehoy says:

it was an ugly soccer game at the very least. there were some points of brilliance, but way too many free kicks which resulted in no flow of play…the jabulani didn’t help keeping the free kicks down either.

55. Willy the bum says:

I was gonna talk about the weather here… 🙁

John Helms should do the commentary for this season’s NHL instead of Bob Cole; hockey and soccer seems a bit similiar…

The best team won the cup. But the best game in the tournament was played yesterday. It was great.!

This game was probably one of the worse,.I was pulling for the Dutch, but did not like their tactics.

Orange has a habit of this type of crappy play. Broad street bullies!

57. likehoy says:

well not saying the dutch should have won cause they were playing ugly anti-football…but the spanish were too scared to play against the anti-football and fouls. only iniesta and cesc showed any bravery. cesc is used to it considering he plays in the EPL, but i’m impressed with the diminutive iniesta’s hustle. although he dove too much (causing 2 cards and a sending off of heitinga), iniesta was brave like our fellow gionta.

i watched 116 minutes of listless soccer, i wanted at least a shootout. i am disappointed in the result.

at the same time, howard webb is much deserving of reffing in the world cup. a very good ref from the EPL and he knows how to handle the primadonnas.

58. homerbowen says:

OMG….what a boring game. Back and forth, back and forth, yellow cards, red cards, no wonder they drink so much in those countries.

59. Pucker Up says:

That referee should apply to the NHL!

60. likehoy says:

the dutch were robbed…foul on elia + deflection on sneijder’s free kick that resulted in a goal kick and not a corner kick.

61. likehoy says:

red card finally!

iniesta diving around drawing cards.

62. Pucker Up says:

3 billion people can’t be wrong, can they?

63. TripleX says:

For those who own a new iTouch or iPhone with ios4.  Here are some NHL wallpapers including Montreal.  Woohoo!

64. camel_larry says:

*yawn*

can somebody at least impale a member of the other team with their cleat again? That and the spanish goaltender pwning Robben’s face off have been the highlights for me.

65. homerbowen says:

I painted my deck planters this morning and watched the paint dry. This was very similar to world cup match on TV. What a boring game. I can’t wait until hockey season starts.

66. likehoy says:

terrible game.

the spanish show their soft selves and are afraid to play…while the dutch are playing anti-football.

i’m hoping to see both teams go down to 10 men to open things up.

67. likehoy says:

lol they might as well…8 yellow cards and a kung fu kick

68. alestar says:

Soccer is just so brutally boring to watch…they should allow body checking or something…

XXIV…and counting

69. Bozo McBozo says:

Robbin had the game on his foot!

70. likehoy says:

that was pretty bad, but there was no red card and no shame…so the drama level isn’t high enough.

71. SmartDog says:

What? A brutal kick in the heart doesn’t make the scale?

Seems like Spain is trying to score at least.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

72. likehoy says:

could there be a more boring world cup final? oh ya the 2006 one…but at least zidane threw in the head butt to liven things up