Merry Christmas from Habs Inside/Out

Best of the season to everyone … yes, even you, Timo.

Gifts of the Magi:

• David Stubbs sold two Terry Sawchuk corn plasters for gold

• Mike Boone scored a dime bag of myrrh

• Patrick V. Hickey brought a case of frank incense-flavoured Diet Cokes.

• Kevin Mio was a healthy scratch because who ever heard of four wise men?

Listen up, peeps:

Forget hockey for a couple days and spend some quality time with your families and friends.

Count your blessings … including a pretty darn good team that has exceeded the expectations of all but the most delusional among us.

And spare a thought for people whose preoccupation is their next meal, not the next game. Jesus loved them, and so should we.

Thus endeth the HIO sermon.

Health, happiness and confusion to our enemies in 2011.

See below for three pieces of Canadiens history from Christmases well past:

From top: a 1924 Canadiens Christmas team photo; a 1940s Christmas card from Canadiens GM Frank Selke to Maurice (Rociet) Richard; and a 1947-48 pre-Canadiens Christmas card featuring Quebec Citadelles goalie Jacques Plante.

Courtesy classicauctions.net

1. Say Ash says:

yeah, I couldn’t decide on a real or fake aluminium pole

2. Chuck says:

My grievance is that you’re late. Festivus is celebrated on the 23rd.   :)

Centre Hice: Top-10 worst Hab nicknames

3. Say Ash says:

Festivus for the rest of us! Got my grievances all lined up.

4. smiler2729 says:

Merry Christmas to a bunch of us, Happy Hanukah to some of us and Happy Holidays to all of us!

5. habsfan_61 says:

safe and happy holidays to one and all

6. WestHab says:

Peace, Love, Habbiness.

- Who will be at the Heritage Classic?

7. Julie H says:

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

♪Your cares and troubles are gone. There’ll be no more from now on. From now on happy days are here again, the skies above are so clear again. So let’s sing a song of cheer again. Happy times, happy nights, happy days are here again♪

8. Castor says:

Happy Holidays and many many thanks to you guys at this site. Going on my third year visiting here every single day. I’m not sure if I could live without it!

Here’s to a HABBY new year.

Couldn’t resist.

9. drivefor25 says:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all at this terrific site and special thanks to the HIO staff for bringing us together. Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel to the Montreal Canadiens!

Fan since ’71

10. Habnofear says:

Joyeux Noel tout monde,tabernouche…………

11. SeriousFan09 says:

Happy Holidays folks and for my fellow night owls, TSN 2 is presenting Episodes 1 & 2 of the Meet Your Canadiens series put together by Bell at Midnight.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

12. habfan01 says:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

13. N.B.habs fan says:

Merry Christmas to one and all.

14. arcosenate says:

Merry Christmas all, Good Health and Good Cheer!

15. Greg says:

Merry Christmas to the HIO bloggers and all of the members! I don’t post that often, but I always enjoy our discussions! Here’s to another great year.

“I lined up next to him at a faceoff, looked over and said “Hi Rocket”. All he did was growl.”

-Gordie Howe

16. HABdriven says:

Happy holidays to all at HIO. Enjoy!

17. Bill says:

Merry Christmas to all and especially to the HIO/Gazette staff who run this site, which has become such a big part of our hockey-watching lives! Many thanks.

18. StevieRay says:

Thanks for all your great work boys !!! Have a Happy !

19. Graves says:

Just a dime, Boone? Haha, Merry Christmas everyone.

20. dancevon says:

Merry Christmas to Mike Boone, Pat Hickey, Kevin Mio, Dave Stubbs and crew. Merry Christmas to the Habs Inside/Out Community!

21. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

Cheers to all! Never forget the reason for the season: the angle of the Earth’s axis which causes our hemisphere to tilt away from the Sun, resulting in less daylight and colder temperatures. Make sure to keep the ember in December, and get those fireplaces burning!

22. cautiousoptimist says:
    Happy Christmas everyone!  And thanks to Boone, Mio, Hickey and Stubbs for bringing our ragtag little band together.
    1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  23. showey47 says:

Just heading out to the inlaws in north bay for a couple of days. Just wishing everybody a merry christmas and happy holidays.

24. punkster says:

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and a Subbangin’ new year!

***Subbang!!!***

25. Hoegarden says:

Joyeux Noël to all Habs fans and may Santa spoil every single one of you.

26. Rainrocket16 says:

Merry Christmas fellow Habs Fans!!!

27. Klondike Habs Fan says:

Merry Christmas All. Easy on the myrrh Boone.

28. adam76 says:

Have a great Christmas everyone.

29. JF says:

The last ten days have been so stressful that it’s actually a relief to have a couple of days away from hockey, and a greater relief to head into the break on a positive note.  Happy holidays to everyone on HIO, and enjoy the World Juniors, which always have some great games.

30. VancouverHab says:

Sincere Merry Christmas to everone here: especially the great gentlemen who run the place. Many thanks!

Back the night of the next game…

31. RetroMikey says:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Cheers!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

32. MTLForever says:

Hahah, that’s a good one!

Merry Christmas!

33. SlovakHab says:

Habby CH-ristmas everyone!!!

34. Say Ash says:

Whoa, CH-anukah works, too. Proof we have a fan up above.

35. Keith says:

Merry Christmas to everyone on here and especially to Boone, Stubbs, Hickey, Mio, Hackel and all the rest of the fine folks who make this great site what it is. Have a safe and happy holiday. CHEERS!

36. HugeHabsFan says:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!  All the best!

Thanks to all of my Gazette friends for a great and informative site!

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

37. dre1744 says:

Merry Xmas  all my fellow Hab fans!!!!!!

38. smiler2729 says:

“Well I’m gonna park the cars and get the luggage, and well, I’ll be outside for the season.” – Clark Griswold

39. Dryden says:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Habs fans.

Santa, in the guise if my best friend has bought me a signed Jean Believeau jersey for Christmas! Woohoo!! Thanks Frank! :)

40. RJB says:

In the immortal words of the Pogues:  ”And the boys from the NYPD choir were singing Galway Bay, And the bells were ringing out for Christmas day”.  Happy Christmas to all!

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

41. habaholic68NJ says:

A happy holiday season and a healthy and prosperous new year to all my fellow habaholics.

42. Yeats says:

May God bless us everyone!

43. joshua94k says:

Merry Christmas everyone!

2010 has been a great year and 2011 will be better. We have a great goalie, a strong group of defensemen, a quick and energetic group of forwards and character players. The Canadiens have demonstrated that they can beat any team in this league.

With a lot of depth, four good lines, key special teams, experienced coaching and the best defence in the league, the Stanley Cup is in our grasp.

Go Habs go!

44. Mattyleg says:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays in general to everyone!

Always love coming on here and hanging out with you nutcases.

Be good to the ones you love and the ones who love you!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

45. Habitant in Surrey says:

…HIO has become overall a much more pleasant and interesting place to receive My requisite hit of Hab-Opium …I am unable to visit as much as I would prefer, yet in My eyes there appears significantly less rudeness and more thoughtfully expressed opinions …including a more mature way of dealing with those Whom do not share Your opinions

…Christmas is all about Family and the truly beautiful story of Jesus …whether that is Your faith or not

…over time most of You have morphed like an extended-family though I know nothing about You all beyond Our shared fandom of the Montreal Canadiens

…to HIO’s extended Family …peace, love, wisdom, good health, patience, good-humor and happiness …these mean much more than material things ever could [...yet, that's not saying I wouldn't mind finding an Aston-Martin parked in My driveway tomorrow morning]

…Merry Merry Christmas

…and that means You too MIKE …and, a nice present from You to HIO would be developing Habs Future further as I outlined to You previously …AND, the 3 Wise Men just told Me it will be A Winner !

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

46. Psycho29 says:

Merry Christmas to one and all, whether you are a Negative Nancy or a Positive Polly, a Pricebot or a whiny Halakian :-)…..We are all Hab fans first and foremost!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

47. tony d says:

Merry Cristmas to all the HIO gang and posters. Let’s hope 2011 brings us more exciting hockey and that we won’t have to cancel RDS until late June. Cheers.

48. habbyone says:

Merry Christmas everyone.

49. HabSgt says:

Merry Christmas & Habby New Year everybody!

To All My HIO Family.

Thanks for being here for me, hugs are in order for one and all, don’t walk by, everyone needs a hug, not only a Christian.

Merry Christmas, and look after each other every day.

All our Love

Ian & Andree

51. joeybarrie says:

Feb. 1st. Habs vs Caps. Section 101 right behind the Habs bench. I have the greatest wife…

Merry Christmas to all CRAZY HIO poster on this site today (and everyday).

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

52. larisalapointe says:

Some CH ristmas humour:

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
        “If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside.. I just finished cleaning.”

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
        “You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
        “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
        ” Because I said so, that’s why.”

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
        “If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”

6. My  mother taught me FORESIGHT.
        “Make sure you wear clean  underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”

7. My mother taught me IRONY.
        “Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”

8.  My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
        “Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”

9. My mother taught  me about CONTORTIONISM.
        “Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA  .
        “You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”

11.  My mother taught me about WEATHER.
        “This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
        “If I told you once, I’ve  told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF  LIFE.
        “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out..”

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .
        “Stop acting like your father!”

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
        “There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.”

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
        “Just wait until we get home.”

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
        “You are going to get it when your father gets home!”

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
         “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way.”

19. My mother taught me ESP.
         “Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?”

20.  My mother taught me HUMOR.
         “When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
         “If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
         “You’re just like your father.”

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
         “Shut that door behind you.  Do you think you were born in a barn?”

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
         “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”

25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE  .
          “One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”

53. habs001 says:

Merry Christmas and everyone have a great 2011.

54. BJ says:

From Germany a Merry Christmas….. Fröhliche Weihnachten

55. SeriousFan09 says:

Haha, that’s awesome, thanks.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

56. K-hab25 says:

Merry Christmas HIO’rs, even the trolls. :-)

57. K-hab25 says:

Great Post Larisa!!

58. Keith says:

Excellent post Larisa!

You’re mother sounds EXACTLY like my mother lol! Merry Christmas!

59. ooder says:

awesome hahahah

——————

88 is the new 23

60. smiler2729 says:

Perfect!

I got to whack one of my kids’ elbow with a salad spoon and say “get your elbows off the table while you’re eating!” last week, I think I’ve waited forever to finally be able to do that, it made my parents proud!

Great post, LL, a keeper.

61. Sith says:

Merry Christmas.

62. matrags says:

smiles and most of all she taught me about real love ….miss you mom  …Merry Christmas …

63. AH says:

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!

Hello all, with all due respect to all your wives, girlfriends, fiance’s etc., but I HAVE THE BEST WIFE EVER! Why? because what did I find under the tree?….2 tickets,Habs at Oilers, Feb. 17, 2011!!!!! I’M THERE! I haven’t seen the boys play live in years.

And then, what does my son the Oiler fan do?…gets his old man a 76 PK jersey!!! Unreal, what a kid!!. That game is going to be so fun, him in his Oiler Blue and me surrounded by tons of fellow Habs fans; my son has never experienced the Habs fans outcheering the Oiler fans, so its going to be great! (I just hope the Habs will come to play hard out West, and that PK is out of JMs doghouse by then, haha!)

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all got what you wanted, I know I certainly did!!!

GO HABS GO!

64. mrhabby says:

merry xmas to the HIO family and the best for 2011.

65. Kaptain K says:

Happy Break to everyone! Get crunkkkkkk!!

66. Danno says:

Well, maybe I’m the best son ever. I got two tickets, for me and Dad Jan. 22 – Habs vs Ducks.

Merry Xmas AH and enjoy the game!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

67. ParrySoundHabber says:

Merry Xmas to all at HIO

“Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.”

Jean Beliveau

~If winning wasn’t important we wouldn’t keep score.

68. The Teacher says:

Merry Christmas!

I have the best girlfriend EVER!

Two Tickets in the REDs for the Koivu return game!!!! Yahooooooooo

SA-KU

SA-KU

SA-KU

I warming up :)

69. Say Ash says:

Ha! My kid got me Habs chapstick!

70. MikeMcLaren says:

MERRY Christmas, everyone!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

71. AH says:

Good on you Danno, well done! And the same to you and yours!

72. AH says:

I strongly suggest you marry that woman!!!!!

oops double, sorry.

73. AH says:

I strongly suggest you marry that woman!!!!!

74. JohnBellyful says:

Thanks for the timely gift. I’ve made a copy for my daughter. I’m sure she will always CHerish it.

75. SmartDog says:

That’s pretty awesome really.  Practical, taking care of dad, and being habs-loyal at the same time.

——-

76. SmartDog says:

I won’t ask how you’re warming up… but as long as she’s the one getting the most warm, I think you’re doing the right thing!

PS: If she leaves you, give her my number. ;)

——-

77. 1010 says:

Merry Christmas to all connected with this site. I don’t comment on here nearly as much as I used to, but I still read the site everyday and enjoy everyones thoughts(well…for the most part).

Seasons Greetings to all.

GO HABS…

78. SmartDog says:

It’s a Merry Habs Christmas in my house.  Brian Gionta signed puck for one of the kids (she’s 8 and he’s her first crush)…. signed photos for others, a Habs banner, Habs shirts… and I’m told mysteroiusly there’s more to come.  Crazy.

——-

79. Say Ash says:

My 35-year-old wife has a crush on Patrick Kane. Not sure what to think of that.

80. N.B.habs fan says:

Good for her,she will cherish that for years to come.

81. 123456 says:

my son (6) is a sabres fan and got him a real miller jersey – it’s sweet. but i wrapped up 100 habs plus a few price cards for myself – kids didn’t understand me gettign myself gifts….

82. fbkj says:

merry christmas guys

83. Matt_in_TO says:

Merry Christmas to all.

No matter how we all feel about the man, you’ve got to tip your hat to Don Cherry for spending Christmas with the troops in Kandahar.  I’m sure the Van Doos were happy to see him.

- In Price We Trust

84. Say Ash says:

Can he stay there?

85. gohabsgo25 says:

any one need heritage classic tickets let me know

86. Mr_MacDougall says:

I am very interested, can you get 4 together and also what are the price? Much above face value

87. VancouverHab says:

Don Cherry visits French Canadian troops in Kandahar:

The 76-year-old Cherry worked the mostly French-Canadian troops at each stop with the Kandahar version of his long-running “Coach’s Corner” segment that airs during the first intermission of NHL games.

“Is this your favourite team,” he asked, holding up a Washington Capitals logo.

“No!” the troops shouted.

He held up a Calgary Flames logo. “Is that your favourite team?”

“No!” came the reply.

“What about that one?” he asked, a Montreal Canadiens logo in hand.

The troops erupted. But the biggest cheer came next.

“Les Nordiques!” someone cried as Mr. Cherry held up the logo of Quebec City’s former NHL franchise, which the city is trying to bring back.

88. SmartDog says:

Mine has a list: Plekanec, LaPierre, Gorges.  Sometimes I think it’s the only reason she watches.  Well, maybe the MAIN reason. I’m okay as long as she’s faithful.  Um… to the Habs I mean.  I think it’s healthy but Chicago, what’s up with that?

——-

89. CHsam says:

She’s developing a taste for taxi cab bashers eh? heheeheheheh justkiddingdonthitme

90. Mr_MacDougall says:

my gf thinks that Pleks is the best player, but Loves her Cammalleri.. giggles every time he scores. And, on our way back to the East coast from Ft Mac AB we went to the two weekday games last week and she was giggling like a little school girl when we saw him score on the penalty shot live, and got all concerned when we saw him bleeding a little bit after the fight..

91. sidhu says:

Don’t think about hockey for a couple days… no thanks.  If I do that, I’m afraid I may end up like the Leafs and not think about hockey all year.

92. MTLForever says:

time to get back into the hockey mind set guys! CANADA VS RUSSIA, MONTREAL VS NY ISLANDERS. Lets go!

93. gohabsgo25 says:

best i can do is 3 and the price is 275 each for all 3.

94. coachdoug says:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow HIOers!

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

95. otter649 says:

Merry Christmas & All The Best for 2011 to Habs Inside/Out Community………

96. notbigbird says:

Merry Chritsmas. This is a oretty good place. The trolls seem to be dwindling in number and those who still lurk seems to have become a little quieter.

97. jimmy shaker says:

Cheers to everyone and Merry Christmas as well.  Great sermon Boone.  Jesus IS the reason for the season and we all must keep Christ in Christmas!  Have a good one all…..till after the next game!

Shaker

98. phillyhab says:

Merry Xmas hosers!

99. CanadienBoy says:

Joyeux Noël and bonne Année

100. merlin_24cups says:

May the lucky bounce gods save and preserve you all!!!!

101. Danno says:

God bless us, everyone!

– Tiny Timo

Nice sermon Boone. Competition for the Right Reverend Cherry? Duelling pulpits?

Habby Holidays to all!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

102. madcap_habsfan says:

Merry Christmas everyone :)

-”People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

103. Chips says:

Happy HO HO everyone!!!

Be safe and be kind.

25 in 2011

104. habs365 says:

Merry Christmas Everyone and to our team (The Montreal Canadians)

105. habsonly says:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

GO HABS GO!

106. ooder says:

hey guys… happy holidays to everybody!

——————