Max leads balanced fantasy attack

Max Pacioretty

Suffering Canadiens withdrawal? The Gazette has the answer with the ultimate fantasy experience as beat writer Pat Hickey and Gazette techie Eric Tobon employ EA Sports NHL 13 to produce The Season That Isn’t. Here’s how things might have looked in Saturday night’s game between the Canadiens and the Vancouver Canucks at the Bell Centre.

PAT HICKEY

The Gazette

Max Pacioretty scored his  ninth and 10th goals of the season to lead the Canadiens to a 6-3 win over the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night at the Bell Centre.

“Max has been doing everything we expect from  him and the top line has been outstanding but the thing I liked about tonight is that we got goals from  three different lines,” said coach Michel Therrien, whose team is clinging to a share of first place in the Eastern Conference with a 13-6-1 record. The Canadiens, the Rangers and the Washington Capitals each have 27 points but the Capitals have played  one more game.

Erik Cole added a goal from the top line _ his eighth of the season _ while centre David Desharnais collected three assists to move into third place in the NHL scoring race.

“I’ve been telling everybody that he’s the best centre I’ve ever played and now people are beginning to see what I’ve been talking about,” said Pacioretty.

Lars Eller and Tomas Plekanec each scored his sixth goal of the season while Travis Moen had the other Montreal goal.

Twins Daniel and Henrik Sedin each scored once for the Canucks while Alexandre Burrows had the other goals.

Roberto Luongo started for Vancouver but was lifted after Moen gave the Canadiens a 4-1 late in the second period. Luongo faced only 13 shots.

Carey Price returned to action after missing Tuesday’s game in New Jersey and two days of practice with the flu. He allowed three goals on 18 shots.

“It wasn’t my best game but I didn’t have to be my best because the guys gave me a good lead,” said Price. “I could have practiced Thursday but we didn’t want to push it. I lost some weight because I couldn’t eat for two days but I’m going to watch some football tomorrow and eat some of Max’s Thanksgiving leftovers.”

The Canadiens are back in action Tuesday when the Tampa Bay Lightning visits the Bell Centre.

phickey@montrealgazette.com

1. commandant says:

Here are the highlights from last night.

The first two goals (a goal by AG, and an assist on a goal by Sarault) are good examples of what I’m saying.

AG is playing in the middle of the ice when he intercepts the pass and scores.

on Sarault’s goal…. Boucher is playing at lw, passes to Gally (in middle), who gives it to Sarault (now set up like a RWer) who buries the one timer.

This is what I’m talking about when I say Galchenyuk is playing a lot in the middle in the offensive zone, rather than a pure wing position.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• jedimyrmidon says:

On his goal, I think that was almost creating something out of nothing, seeing how he to make a move to get the puck to the other side of the Dman before using his backhand after creating the initial turnover to keep the puck in the zone – I don’t think many players would be able to do that.

2. jols101 says:

Ryan Strome, Mark Sheifele and Boone Jenner were all given better then average chances of making their NHL clubs this year. I am still a firm believer that we will get a shortened NHL season. They are all now penciled in for Team Canada in the WJC, what happens if there is a new CBA on lets say Dec. 15th?

They are all on the short list of players that can get called up to the NHL once a deal is reached but is there a rule that commits them to play in the WJC, or can NHL teams screw Team Canada and call these guys up? What are the rules on this, if any?

So the other day the NHL made the players a pretty reasonable offer, today on Sports Center I see Shane Doan whinning.

SHANE DOAN “if someone is gonna rob you they say give me your money or I will hurt you, not give me your money and I’m gonna hurt you! thats how we feel.”

Well Shane Doan let’s do some math. You’ve been in the NHL for 16 years, you’ve made $41,294,000 in those 16 years.
    Which averages out to $2,580,875 per year and $31,474.09 per game.
    Last year you averaged 21:02 min of ice time per game so basically you get paid $31,474.09 for 21 minutes work.
    Oh!, but on a plus side to get to play hockey, not for long, but from September until June, if you make it that far and then you get the whole summer off to play golf and relax. WOW what a tough life!
    So really? Shane Doan, really?? are you gonna be that hurt if you lose $50,000, $500,000 or even a Million $ this year? or next year?? Give your head a shake, your playing and living the dream and next time you wake up in the morning in your MANSION and look in the mirror I hope you realize how ridiculous you sounded when saying that to the Media.

Lastly I’ll leave you with this since you are Canadian. The 3 jobs I’m about to list are technically all jobs that are considered on duty 24/7/365, but they all get some time off here and there so I broke their average salaries up based off working 200 days a year.

Avg pay per day of work – Canadian Cop – $412.27 Avg pay per day of work – Canadian Soldier – $343.25 Avg pay per day of work – Canadian Doctor – $1,216.67

Now that being said why should YOU get paid $31,474.09 to play 21:02 minutes of a hockey game?
    Shut-up and play already!

I am not sure who wrote this! But I thought I would put it up for debate! Ian

• habsfan0 says:

I think it was Shane Doan’s wife who wrote it.

• commandant says:

Ian, thats only one side of the equation.

The owners are Billionaires… .Are they really gonna be hurt by paying 1.2 million more per season for 5 years, compared to losing all the revenues (and profit) they lose by not playing.

Financially this lockout doesn’t make sense for either side in a short term analysis.

I think both sides are looking at long term. We get 50% now, 45% in 5 years, 40% in 10 years, if the players just keep losing.

That has to be the equation BOTH SIDES are looking at, because if its a short term equation of just the next five years, the deal would be done as they are only 182 million apart.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• B says:

I don’t think it matters if some owners are billionaires. I think you are confusing the owner with the team. The owners personal wealth (or any money they may earn or lose through their other enterprises) is NOT a part of the team’s books (nor should it be). Similarly, it would not be fair to suggest any player who has already earned mucho millions should be paid less than other similar calibre players just because he personally has way more money. That does not make sense.

Ian forgot to mention the new 4 year $21.2M contact Doan recently signed after shopping himself up and down the league looking for the best situation and contract he could find for himself. Don’t get me wrong, he is certainly entitled to do that (and I don’t fault him for it), it’s just the whining and rhetoric afterwards about being robbed and hurt that makes most of us (or me at least) shake our heads.

• habs001 says:

True comments but in todays society sport figures and entertainers get unbelievable incomes…i read Harrison ford made 60 million for the last Indiana Jones movie as he has a share of the profits…even the lowest paid nhl player will make more in one year than the average person makes in 10-15 years…

Where can I get this manboob feed? Or are beer and pork rinds enough?

5. commandant says:

Nice to see Galchenyuk get right back on track with 4 points after having his scoring streak stopped.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Habfan10912 says:

Watched Mac Bennett last night as his Michigan team lost to a very big Cornell team. Maybe it was because Cornell is such a big squad but he looked small out there. He did show very good offensive skills and makes clean crisp passes. Hate to say this but he reminded me of a player in the Weber/Diaz mode. Am I wrong?

———————————–

• commandant says:

Bennett is very much in that mold. He’s still a few years away (at least 2, probably 3 more likely, could even be 4) though, which means by the time he gets here, those two may be gone.

He’s talented offensively and skates and moves the puck well, which is always valuable.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

6. HabFab says:

Here is a link to watch Pribyl play in the Czech league. It is in the first intermission, not exactly the intermission show we are used to;

7. HabFab says:

Emelin on a tear! 2G + 2A in last 3 games.

8. HabFab says:

Care to guess which team in North America is drawing the highest crowds during the lock out?

9. HabFab says:

dogsplaybyplay – Mike Commodore @commie22 will not make his @BulldogsAHL debut today…he only spent about 10 minutes on the ice with the team yesterday.

10. frontenac1 says:

Hola Amigos! One day closer to WJC! Enjoy the Football today!

11. Chrisadiens says:

Maybe I can hire the “chief” from Joe Vs the Volcano to do the ceremony.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

12. Mike D says:

Here’s some hockey-related good news:

Daniel Tolensky ‏@dtolensky

After picking up another four-points yesterday, Alex Galchenyuk has 20 points in his last 9 games. @AGally94
    Retweeted by Arpon Basu

- Honestly yours
    Twitter: @de_benny

Congrats to the players last night who played a non league sanctioned All Star Game to raise money for those affected by Hurricane Sandy.

14. habstrinifan says:

Well since no one commented on the “fantasy game” I will. I thought it was a great game but I still believe that Plekanec is our number #1 centre and if you had given him two wingers like Cole and Pacs he woulda had more points that Desharnis. If you think Desharnis is a number 1 centre you operating in a fantasy league.

15. habstrinifan says:

If this lockout continues, HIO is pleased to accept the gracious invitation from Chrisadiens for all and sundry to attend his betrothal to the lovely Stephanie.

Come wearing your HABS paraphernalia and be ready to sing “OLE! OLE!” and celebrate as you would have a Gomez goal. Both are semelincident happenings. One happily so and the other NOT.

Congrats Stephanie and Chris. Look out for party-poopers named Gary and Donald.

• JohnBellyful says:

For everyone’s eyes but Chrisadiens’ (nothing personal, Chris. Actually, it is personal, so move along, buddy):
      I think HIO should put together some virtual wedding gifts for Chris and his bride. Suggestions include a song parody by Cal, a link to tips on how to plan a wedding by HabFab, a fantasy report about the wedding night by Hickey, recommended honeymoon destinations by Commandant, a sobering reminder of how many marriages end in divorce by Timo …

• Habfan10912 says:

Trin, we’ll hire lots of BIG security to keep Fehrbutt away. Any volunteers?

———————————–

• Chrisadiens says:

Ill take it one step further…a wedding at the Bell Centre. Hm…I wonder if Steph would go for that?

:) Thanks Trini.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

16. HabFab says:

These European leagues are obviously better then we thought. DD is 3rd in NHL fantasy scoring while only has 2 assists in 4 games over in the Swiss league.
    I’m so confused!

17. Habfan10912 says:

OK, I can’t help myself. What the heck is an Argonaut?

———————————–

Just stirring the pot here a little.

I had to chuckle earlier in the week in terms of the Hamrlik-Cole debate.

Hamrlik is a prime example of the type of UFA the Habs are able to sign. A good, but not great player, who doesn’t get picked off right away on July 1st. That’s why he got the higher coin and the extra year.

Erik Cole is a good, but not great winger, who also got the extra year in Montreal. Some posters even wanted to dump Gionta as captain (or Gorges) in favour of Cole. Now the bloom is off that rose.

What’s my point? Assuming there is no hockey season this year (but Cole finishes out his Hab contract), Hamrlik will retire with $56, 895,500 in career earnings. Cole will be at $34,460,000 with maybe another year or two left in the tank. Let’s call it 40M. At the other end of the ice, dozens of former NHLers will miss their league top up pensions (Senior Benefit Plan) of $12,000 in January due to the lockout.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -

“Rhino514 – I don´t understand what´s going on with the draft lottery, can someone explain?
    What are our chances to get a top/mid/late round pick?”

Reply to Rhino on a possible lottery format this summer (based on the last lockout).

- lottery balls are awarded based on the performance of each team over the past three years.

- each team gets one ball for every year they did not make the playoffs.

- every team has one ball in the lottery regardless of their past record.

- Edmonton would only get one ball due to the fact that they have had the 1st overall pick for the past three years.

- the calculations mean that there would be 51 balls in the lottery (doing this from memory!)

- Montreal would have one ball which means a 2% chance of winning.

- Calgary would have 3 and Nashville would have just one.

- the 2nd round would go in reverse order which means the Habs would want Calgary and Nashville to draft near the bottom of the first round.

- other teams with three balls would be: Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, Islanders, Toronto and WInnipeg.

- teams with two lottery balls: Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, St Louis and Tampa.

In a perfect world, Montreal will get a high 1st rounder, Nashville and Calgary will draft at the bottom of the 1st and the Argos will win the Grey Cup.

I can agree with most everything you write, except that part about the Argos!

• HabFab says:

The Argos? Aren’t they one of those mythical Toronto sports teams?

• 24 Cups says:

Gerald -This coming from a man who’s team is the worst in the league and doesn’t even have a stadium to play in.

Not to mention that the Hab brain trust gives you all of their best kids and you still can’t put together a hockey team.

Civilization in Ontario (heading west) ends at Avenue Road, baby!

Haha, yah I know, BUT, I must go to my roots and cheer for the representative of the West. By the way once the Ottawa (RoughRiders?) re-enter the league, my Bombers will go back to their rightful conference in the West and will again reign Supreme!

• JohnBellyful says:

I’m conflicted. My first impulse is to be opposed to the Argos winning, a natural inclination reinforced by the fact that a city that shows so little interest in its team should not be rewarded with a championship. However, I have no desire to see a team claim the Grey Cup led by a quarterback who disappointed in Hamilton and was prone to throwing interceptions that proved critical, as in being returned for touchdowns (a failing that Burris turned into a Ticat tradition this season).
        Here’s my prediction: Glenn will throw an interception that will decide the game.
        Here’s my hope: It’s a closely fought contest that will rank among the best in CFL history, which the league deserves for its 100th anniversary.

He managed to throw some nice interceptions as a Bomber also JB. Granted only in our dear CFL can the best quarterbacks in the league all play for at least 2 different teams throughout their career.

• JohnBellyful says:

They move around so much that announcers save time by telling viewers the teams they HAVEN’T played for.

• HabFab says:

Will each round reverse or just from the 1st to 2nd?

• 24 Cups says:

I believe it was every round, Frank.

Montreal selected 5th (Price) and then swung a deal with the Rangers to move up to get Lats. At the bottom of the 6th round they selected D’Agostini and then went with SK74 ten picks later. The rest, as they say, is history.

• Cal says:

What kills me most is that these oldtimers’ pensions are part of a CBA. That’s complete nonsense. It should be part of a separate “make whole” provision outside the CBA. And it should always be funded ON TIME. The old guys deserve a little respect for growing the sport.

• AliHaba says:

So then wouldn’t the Habs get two balls because of missing the playoffs last year? Just sayin’.

Because it is based on previous 3 seasons, Habs made playoffs 2 out of 3 years, thus losing 2 balls. However, this is still speculation by all of us, as the league has not announced if indeed they will use the exact formula they used last time. I heard the question Posed to Daly, of course he stated the league hasn’t even thought of this yet, as they are hopeful of a deal. Yah more rhetoric…

• AliHaba says:

Just taking that from 24′s list in which he says that each team gets a ball for every year that they missed the playoffs during the past three years. Anyway and you’re absolutely correct, it’s all conjecture at this point and all I can say is “Get this f……ing thing settled and play hockey”

Essentially, every team starts with 3 balls, you lose a ball for every playoff appearance over past 3 years, just as you lose a ball for every 1st overall lottery pick past 3 years. Max you can lose is two.

Agree with your sentiments 100%

19. Habfan10912 says:

Good morning. I am going to take Punkster’s advise. “Do not feed them. They will grow.”

———————————–

20. HabFab says:

In NCAA hockey yesterday 5 out of 6 Hab prospects scored a point. Not too shabby and the one that didn’t score was a plus 1 in a high scoring game.

21. Cal says:

1 month til Christmas. The year doth fly!
    As per a request, here is something different.

22. JohnBellyful says:

Discarded thoughts left at the curbside of irrelevance to be picked up by the ragpickers of history: Speaking of things in need of removal, it’s time the NHL decommissioned its commissioner. Such a process usually involves terminating the services of a ship, but in this case, it’s the captain that warrants dismissal. Bettman’s determination to turn a luxury cruise ship into a cruiser engaged in a constant state of war will ultimately prove to be ruinous. How often can a skipper run a ship aground before he’s found incompetent? … Do they still manufacture handkerchiefs? Would you buy one at a yard sale? … I’m all for dessertification. If the team owners could somehow sweeten the pot, (after offering a smaller piece of the pie), I’m sure that would bring the players back to the bargaining table prepared to conclude a meal, er, deal … HIO is now the website of record for three kinds of seasons: fantasy, fantastic, and phantom (as in non-existent and elusive). The NHL and players could put a stop to this whole fandangle if they got off their fannies and applied themselves to reaching an agreement – but they’d only do that if they really cared about the fan … The CFL did a great job creating buzz in the weeks leading up to today’s championship, the game’s centenary. Its special documentary, 100 years of Grey, the league’s answer to the bestselling series of novels, drew a lot of comment, especially the segment on the notorious 1962 championship game – the 50th Grey (literally) Cup – played in Toronto. The footage, shown for the first time in public, revealed some of the kinky things that went on under the cover of fog, in Exhibition Stadium. No wonder they didn’t finish the game until the next day.
    As for the Mud Bowl …

It is my understanding from someone of great knowledge, that neither the league nor the players care about the fan JB, so i am then forced to think no agreement shall occur. :-)

• JohnBellyful says:

Now that’s only speculation on my part, Burl’, that the league and union might be indifferent to the interests of fans. I could be wrong and stand to be corrected when an agreement is signed.
        Until then, my hope is that both sides experience an epiphany: Just because fans foot the bill doesn’t mean you have to give them the boot. What they have to say and how they react might be of relevance, and should influence, at the very least, the pace of negotiations.

• Cal says:

Bettman was not the captain of the Costa Concordia. I repeat… um, never mind. Being a fan of all things tasty, I am for dessertification, too. Keep ‘em coming, JB! :)

• habstrinifan says:

Great Sunday morning read John. I used to have a red book called The Student’s Compendium. It contained ALL the KNOWLEDGE in the world worth knowing. You sir, have now provided the perfect complement to it. This post contains ALL the KNOWLEDGE in the world NOT worth knowing.

Now dont go getting your knickers in a knot or whatever the appropriate colloqualism is. I pay you a compliment sir, while incidentally getting to use the words complement and compliment in the same post… the proper use and spelling of which I learnt from that little red book. But I digress!

Just as in some great albums where, oftentimes, the descant track becomes the huge best-seller and contributes to the panoply of culture much more enduringly than the arduously crafted lead piece, your post about EVERYTHING NOT worth knowing is worthy of a place in my playlist.

Keep your eyes peeled to the ground me lad. Scour the curbsides and the gutters for those “discarded thoughts” and regale us more.
      You sir are no Romney. You have embraced us 47 percentile as your own.

May you always be trivial.

23. wjc says:

This “lockout” is nobodies business. It is between the players and the owners.

You paid for your entertainment, Mr. Fan (die hard or casual). The owners get to use your money anyway they see fit.

When Mr. fan (die hard or casual) gets paid, he does with his money as he wishes. This is Mr. Fans decision. Mr. Employer gives the money in exchange for your labor, expertise, time etc.

You are strickly a member of the audience, a spectator. You can bet on the game, talk about the game (buzz), you can paint yourself, you hoot and holler within reason.

When the event is over you may go home or go to a bar if you wish.
    If you go to a bar, you give him your dollars in exchange for drinks etc. You do not get to tell the owner of the bar what color his walls should be and what to serve.

This lock out is nobodies business. You are not effected. You actually save money, it costs you nothing.

When they play again, you can either pay for the privilege of being allowed into the arena or not…your choice.

If you choose to go in you can either pay for the $10.00 beer or not your choice.

If the players become rich, why is that your business.

If the owners become richer, why is that your business.

If the owners sell, go broke, not your concern.

When the circus comes to town you can cheer, hiss, boo or look away. It is your choice. If you want to watch the high wire act, you will pay to go in to watch. He is not doing it for the love of heights.

The owner does not bring his show to town because he likes clowns or candy floss. He does it for money

Money (an exchange of things of value) makes everything work.

ta ta.

wjc

• JohnBellyful says:

I agree. The nerve of some fans. What the NHL does IS nobody’s business and the owners would prefer that nobody showed up for the games.
      They’re trying their best to ensure that will happen.
      If they ever decide to start playing them again.
      Edit: It’s that denial of a service that is a source of gratification to fans that makes the lockout a legitimate issue for the people who buy the tickets and make up the viewers for the broadcasts that generate the hundreds of millions of dollars for the league. That would seem to give them the right to voice their opinion. They are a stakeholder, in a sense, in the negotiations, even if they don’t have a seat at the table. The two sides would be foolish to ignore — rather, to continue to ignore — the interests of those who are their customers.

• wjc says:

Lots of things can be, and are a sources of gratification.

Strippers, can be a source of gratification. You pay, they take, they have their life you have yours.

If she quits the business, you have no right to say, “you are my source of gratification”, no, you just find a new source of gratification.

To say you are a stakeholder (in a sense) is non-sense.

What you think is foolish is neither here nor there. You are a customer, nothing more. Pay your money or keep it in your pocket, your call.

You know what they say about opinions, they are like asp holes, everyone has one.

wjc

• neumann103 says:

You won’t get very far in business with the attitude that your customers are not stakeholders.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of not feeding the trolls .

“Et le but!”

• Mustang says:

wjc, you forgot one thing, the fans are also THE CUSTOMERS of this league, game, teams, etc. No customers, no revenue, no business. As a fan (not nearly as die hard as I used to be because of these lockouts every few years) I say screw ‘em all. It looks like more and more fans are becoming fed up with the NHL.

I have always stated that there are two rules to customer service as follow:
      RULE #1: The customer is always right.
      RULE #2: On that rare occasion when the customer is not right, please re-read RULE #1.

• Price07 says:

That’s a terrible business model my friend…

Click on the link and go to video highlights, you will find all the highlights from Galchenyuks big night. He opens the scoring with a sweet backhand top corner.

• HabFab says:

This puts him in 5th place in OHL scoring.

Keeping tabs on all the Habs prospects across the Juniors, the only thing I am left hoping for is that the Saskatoon Blades can get their act together, specifically as it relates to Dietz and Thrower.

Galchenyuk is simply awesome.

• wjc says:

Mustang, in a sense we agree. You say “screw em all”. I say what do I care, I have no dog in this fight.

The customer may be right, but so what. It is not my/your fight.

The NHL will continue on eventually, the players will continue to play eventually. The fans will be back, maybe not all. But eventually all will be the same as before, almost.

The old say “talk is cheap” could be true in this case. Talk, talk, talk complain and talk some more. For what? They get to divide up the spoils anyway they want.

wjc

Another good read from Larry Brooks, some interesting tidbits regarding various owners in the NHL.

• wjc says:

Mr. Brooks has an opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Poor Mr. Brooks has nothing to write about.

Being for the players is wise, when they get back and he needs something to write about and needs an interview.

Am I saying he has a hidden agenda, yes…yes I am.

Madness, sure, so if the owners are “mad” (insane) so are the players “mad” insane.

A lot of arguements if you reverse them, make sense either way.

I say to the average die hard, casual fan….none of your business.

You have enough to concern yourself with. You have no dog in this fight, you have nothing on the line. If you resent spending the money, then don’t. If you resent being emotionally torn, then change it. Vow to be stronger, more independent.

Be less exposed to things you have no power over.

wjc

Thanks for correcting all of us, sometimes we ALL could use some guidance, yours is greatly appreciated.

As for Brooksy, yes he has been more or less on the players side throughout, but his last few articles have had more balance I felt.

• HabFab says:

It is assumed “general knowledge” that the wealthier clubs would be against a long lock out BUT they will be the biggest winners in the HRR dropping from 57% to 50%. For most teams this means $6-8,000,000 more each year. For the Canadiens it means $11,500,000 more per year. And since the Habs are already in the black, that is pure profit so perhaps not so hard to motivate the richer clubs.

• Phil C says:

But they are no longer fighting over the full $55M. The players offer was about another $1M/year/team. So Molson is really now risking $40M in lost revenue this year trying to squeeze the players for another $5M over 5 years. In this sense continuing the lockout makes no sense for the richer teams.

Then there is the impact on their non-hockey business. How is the lockout affecting beer sales, or TV revenues for the Toronto teams? What about business expenses they still have? Doesn’t Molson have to still service the debt he used to buy the team and maintain team facilities? These are real costs of the lockout.

Anyway, my only point was to wonder why the richer teams have not been involved in the lockout negotiations when they have more to lose than teams that are actually saving money in a lockout (i.e. Phoenix). If I was one of the biggest stakeholders, I would not be sitting on the sideline. Unless I was worried the other 29 teams would come after me for more revenue sharing.

• HabFab says:

Phil, the owners are going for 50%…now and not down the road. They haven’t deviated from that position nor do I expect them to from where we are now. The PA is of course trying to prevent it and if the owners were not intent, we would not still be in a lock out.

• wjc says:

Correcting “all” of us? Brooksy, sounds a little familiar, do you know him.

Never mind if “Brooksy” is balanced, are you.

I just state the obvious. Which is as follows.

You/ I have no say, this is between two parties Owners/players.

Brooksy has to come up with things to talk about, it is his job.

I really don’t care how this ends.

wjc

• wjc says:

Phil, there are still and always will be enough drunks around to keep beer sales high.

How do you know Molson didn’t take the money to buy the Canadiens from petty cash, and has no debt to service.

How do you know the NHL doesn’t have a lock out fund of there own and are distributing a billion dollars to all the teams.

How do you know the involvement of teams in discussions. Do you think Bettman/Daley hasn’t sat down with the 30 owers at many secret meetings and discussed strategy.

Assumptions are that…..assumptions.

This is bigger then you can get your head around, it is from a world you and I will never visit.
            wjc

• HabFab says:

And you are assuming Geoff Molson owns Molson’s brewery. Perhaps some research is needed??

• Cal says:

Thanks for the links, Burl. Especially Nyuk’s hilight night.

A preview for todays Dogs game vs. Colorado’s farm team.

In light of the fantasy theme for this thread, I wonder if UND can indeed win the NCAA Football Championship? Congrats to them for the big win at the Coliseum last night, I just am not so sure they can beat Alabama or perhaps Georgia depending on who wins the SEC Championship.

Either way, having UND back in the Championship hunt is probably very good for NCAA Football.

28. JayK-47 says:

“Pat, what are you doing?”

“Pat, why are you turning on that PS3?”

“Pat… ”