Martin tees off

jacques-martin-sourire

Marc de Foy of the Journal de Montreal caught up with Jacques Martin at the coach’s golf tournament.
Nothing dramatic in the interview, but Martin mentioned Rafael Diaz as a key addition.

Will Randy Cunneyworth replace Kirk Muller?

Feature on Nathan Beaulieu

And just because HIO is dedicated to ruining your Sunday, here’s some choice material from Stanley Cup of Chowder featuring the execrable Boston play-by-play announcer Jack Edwards, possibly the worst homer in all of sports:

• A bizarre history lesson rant after Boston won the opening-round series:

• Yelling “Get up!” at Roman Hamrlik:

• Calling out Benoit Pouliot:

• A classic from the infamous Barber-Pole Uni game:

• And more wacko history:

1. cvfvghghgf says:

Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
    DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35
    Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF
    COOGI Tshirt price is $12
    Jeans price is $34
    Paypal accept,Door to Door services!
    5 days arrive your home or you
    ur friends’adress by EMS,DHL,UPs
    click my link under here!

2. Mozeby says:

I just wanna hear this male cheerleader talk about what a “massive disappointment” Pouliot is now that he’s a Bruin.

• Saratogahabsfan says:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Can’t wait to hear what Jack has to say about Benny and his “here today, gone for 5 months” consistency.

And let me tell you folks just how bad it is being a HAbs fan living in the States. I have to watch every Habs/Bruins game on the NESN feed unless it might happen to be on Versus. This guy’s the worst and he seems to become more of a homer each and every shift. Brickley is at least insightful and can break down the game on the fly. He does admirable work on Versus when working with ANYONE but Edwards. Edwards definitely has pictures of some executive at NESN in a compromising position with a pet of some sort.

Man, if only we could get the TSN Regional English feed. Instead I spend half of the first period trying to pause, start, rewind and fast forward to get the DVR to match the radio feed off my laptop.

Can we start the season tomorrow?

• 44har48 says:

LOL, right with ya man…I too am in the States and I have to watch Hockey on bad TV as well. VS is horrible, nothing but US, US, US, US..they don’t even like to recognize Canadian teams, just like the commissioner! NESN is great as long as the Bruins are not winning or win the Stanley Cup…next year will be unbearable. I do enjoy listening to the other teams announcers to pick up another perspective and here inside scoop, but I am appalled that the “Montreal Canadiens” of all sports teams do not have an English speaking channel they can call home. Wonderful, you all speak great French, like to think you are true French and not those English speaking canadians, I get it, but there are a lot of us that do not speak French and love the Habs outside of Canada. On this note, I truly thank all of you for welcomng me to Montreal many many many many many many times and have been great hosts that have never made me speak French or feel out of place. Anyways, how about getting CTV to show a few games – I know they own TSN)?

Lastly, I could just cry about what has happened to CBC. I grew up watching my Habs once a week on CBC Hockey Night in Canada and now I do everything I can to avoid watching CBC until the west coast game. It is obnoxious, Boston loving, and I just can’t stand it anymore….you know, loving Toronto and being biased when you are based there is at least understandable, hiring ex-Bruins and promoting the Bruins on the air every minute is disgusting.

• dfkjshf says:

believe you will love it.
      ====(www)( bestniceshoes )(com)
      BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!
      There are many fashion clothes high-heeled shoes

3. Roger Ramjet says:

Doesn’t Jack “Slimebucket” Edwards look like a young Ted Koppel?

4. Roger Ramjet says:

Long time reader. First (err.. second) time poster.
    Congrats to the keepers of this site, excellent stuff!
    Small question to “The Powers That Be” ….. how do I get to include an avitar to my name? Or, does that come with experience?

Cheers!

5. Roger Ramjet says:

Yes indeed ….. what a douche bag!
    Boston deserves him.

6. Chester says:

Wow … what a dick.
    He just ooozes Baston.
    Classless.

7. BONZOHABS says:

That Boston NESN commentator is such a HOMER! I can’t believe that first video! I didn’t watch the NESN feed that game…watched RDS and after seeing that…it pisses me off even more that they won! What don’t they understand that they had a cup run by scimming by the skin on their teeth. What if Gio scored that OT goal in game 7 to put them away. You would have seen heads turning in the Boston org. so fast! I know Boston takes pride in knocking the Habs out in the 1st round cuz it’s “The Canadiens” and we’ve made their life miserable for the last 75 years, but it’s funny how they seem to forget how close they were to misery. As a Habs fan this year, I would have been satisfied to knock the Bruins out and that’s it just cuz our roster was so tired and depleted. I guess Karma is waiting until next year…cuz Chara for what he did to Patches shouldn’t have been able to raise the cup this year…and the cheap shots/dirty plays those Bruins were allowed to get away with…and then they have the nerve saying that were diving and are dirty players. MMm…rite Boston fans seem to think the Chara hit was clean and is a hockey play…but Rome’s hit on Horton was a dirty hit to the head! They need their heads checked! Rome was a clean hockey play that was .5 sec. late! Horton was looking wrong way! 50% Horton’s fault! Chara hit on Patches…100% Chara’s fault! I can’t wait for next season! Go Habs Go!

8. dimitrib says:

“but Martin mentioned Rafael Diaz as a key addition.” he’s another D! when are we going to get someone that can put the puck in the back of the opponents net?

• LA Loyalist says:

We’re not. Martin is a losing NFL coach who if his field goal kicker can score a few and he wins 6-3, he’s happy. His QB is not allowed to throw more than 5 yards down the field.

The problem is his teams are very, very easy to defend, and his D spends 45 minutes on the field. Sound familiar.

The irony.

The bottom line is we have to sit patiently like good dogs waiting for Gomez and Martin’s contracts to expire.

Job had it easier.

9. JayBee says:

There’s obviously a dislike for the Habs by the mainstream media. You can see it in how the covered the Chara/Pacioretty incident to the Recchi thing to the hypocrissy of the Hornton concussion and the outrage on the Rome hit…and lack of outrage on the harsh suspension he received. The constant bashing of any and everything Habs related on TV (CBC).

I wonder if that dislike/hatred has anything to do with

a) Habs Organization being tight lipped about everything. No juicy rumours.

b) Majority of the media being Leaf fans and grew up dispising the Habs…

c) Other

Habs get no love outside of Quebec and it sucks.

• Duracell3 says:

Quebec gets no love outside of Quebec. Oh well, nothing lost.

• habs178 says:

That’s not true. I’m a devoted Habs fan, and I’m outside Quebec. I loves all my provinces the same :)

“How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?”
        ~Jacques Plante

• LA Loyalist says:

a) probably frustrating but I actually like that about the Habs, you want blow-hard-Burkie?

b) this is probably true.

c) actually not true at all, I’ve been to LA Kings, Ducks and Tampa home games when Habs are in town and there are like 50% Habs jerseys and very loud habs cheering. The locals don’t like it at all, expecially LA Kings, but there are Habs fans everywhere – even Toronto.

10. habstrinifan says:

The very existence of the BRUINS makes me ANGRY.

The BLEATING of HIO about the BRUINS makes me SICK.

The OBTUSENESS demonstrated by PG/JM in their failure, hitherto, ready the team for the BRUINS makes me MISERABLE.

ENUFF re finding fodder for whining FROM bruinsland… lets find hope in the competitive HABiliments of our team as IMPROVED (hopefully) by PG.

11. longbow says:

Saw the comments below about the confusion between Glen and Jeff Beck.I’ve been a Jeff Beck fan since the early days so I went on Google Video to watch some Jeff Beck and meandered into this little gem.Absolutely hilarious. I guess Jimmy ended up dropping his science experiments if you know what I mean.lol

“Wanting is often more pleasurable than having.It is not logical but it is often true.” – Spock

• Un Canadien errant says:

Again, I apologize profusely. I meant no disrespect to the great Jeff Beck, was attempting to heap scorn on Glen Beck.

Let me repair to my quarters for some self-flagellation.

———————————
      Let’s do something like this again: 1) Mike Cammalleri 2) Brian Gionta 3) Hall Gill