Markov trails only Crosby in East all-star vote

Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov, on his first NHL All-Star Game ballot, trails only Pittsburgh Penguins’ Sidney Crosby after six days of Eastern Conference fan balloting for this year’s game to be held Jan. 27 in Atlanta.

Markov has earned 48,134 votes, second to Crosby’s 94,118 and ahead of the 45,949 garnered by Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. Some 2.15 million ballots have been cast in the online election.

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu had 17,891 votes, ninth-best among Eastern Conference skaters, while goalie Cristobal Huet, the third Hab on the ballot, had 24,515, fourth-best among netminders. Alex Kovalev had 5,990 write-in votes, 24th-best among skaters.

1. teamplayer says:

ya know theres still a month and a half left of voting right? so we still have the opportunity to get koivu upthere in the starting lineup aswell as huet

2. kevin m says:

…and then after the All-Star game, get prepared for the playoffs. Remember…

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. grrrreg says:

No you’re not the only one to think so. Any internet vote is a joke to me. I’d like to see some canadiens at the all star game, but I’d prefer them to get there because they play great, not because we have a big fanbase… (NB: I’m not saying Markov doesn’t deserve it)

And about Liberia, I know you were joking, but after all we’re talking about a hockey vote, so I don’t really care about its value compared to political elections in any country.

4. ColRouléBleu says:

I voted 50 times everyday since the polls are open and intend to continue to that pace until they close

My votes: Koivu , anyone, anyone, Markov, any D-man not on the list, Huet

I asked friends to dilute the vote for the second D-man as I am doing, I guess a few people are doing it *lol*

If you need a bit more inspiration to start/continue voting for Markov, here’s a little something that I put together over the weekend http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-S1qe72t0

5. teamplayer says:

hey krob1000, I matched your 27 and raised it 13 more!
    your turn, you gonna fold, call or raise?

6. Jay_in_PA says:

Am I the only one that thinks this process is a farce? Chara is nothing more than this year’s Rory Fitzpatrick.

What kind of all star game is it when players are chosen not according to their recognized skill, nor their overall popularity, but by fans registering as many votes as they can manually or, worse still, using vote-logging software? It’s not a vote for the most talented and exciting players, it’s a test of fans’ persistence and willingness to manipulate the system to achieve a questionable end. Elections in Liberia are more credible.

7. coutNY says:

He might have found out if he were playing with the forwards from the Senators, Ducks, or Pitt, he would have had a good chance at a Cup last year???

8. Andrea says:

I really dont think Chara is that great , I think he is overated. My second dman was brian cambell.

9. coutNY says:

I just randomed the Westside… Should screw everything up!

10. JF says:

I voted for our guys but I’m not really sure I want them to go. The All-Star game is little more than a distraction. They might be better off using the week to do their usual work-outs, conditioning, etc and spending time with their families. Huet did well last year, but he seemed tired or flat afterwards.

11. teamplayer says:

Who is everybody voting for on the western side??

so far ive been spreading it out but my main vote getters have been : Iginla, Thornton, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Pronger (close 3rd is zubov) and Luongo

12. teamplayer says:

I would not vote for Campbell… although I think he deserves to be in the starting lineup with markov… it would jsut really suck if markov got beat out by campbell and chara or kaberle. Then you would have to remind yourself that you helped markov not get in b/c you voted for campbell. Until markov has a huge lead I am going to vote for markov and some of the bottom guys (tallinder, boyle, bouwmeester) and if you spread it out not many of them will move up too many. as for forwards, good idea with crosby cuz hes already got a huge lead but it would be awesome if markov could take that spot, so im gonna keep voting for guys who are below kovalev and once again spread it out between: kozlov, williams, jokinen, gomez, savard, gionta and richards, that is until the next standings come in…
    so my votes Koivu, Bottom guy, Kovalev, markov, (boyle,bouwmeester, tallinder) and Huet
    I think we are doing a great job lets keep it up

13. krob1000 says:

27 votes for today…..let’s see if anyone tops that. I didn’t enter the contest after the first time and just used the “back” tab on my top toolbar to save time but it took me about 23 minutes…with a post written in the mean time. We can definitely help big time if we do this daily. I am voting Crosby, Koivu, Kovalev, Markov, Campbell and Huet every time.

14. krob1000 says:

I agree and I am writing him in every ballot I fill out. I have already done 25 today….and will go at it again later. Remember to vote for Crosby so we don’t hurt Koivu’s chances.

15. Frank14 says:

so Teamplayer: Keep on voting ! All of us in this bloggo
    situation could make a [ small, medium, big difference!
    duh ] if we krob it : You have now been immortalized, my
    man. There are 2 links to vote on : One is like getting
    a flea out of a nun’s belly button with boxing gloves.
    The other is like pie. Father, i’ve done it 16 times in
    2 days and please don’t give me absolution now, ’cause
    I’m not finished. I’m gonna ‘krob’ many times today !!!
    Father, can we ‘unvote someone’ ? Oh well !

Salute

PS. I’m not a PS guy, but MTL 3 BUF 2 [ empty net ]

16. krob1000 says:

teamplayer …I’ll give it a go today if we are slow here…..and we usually are this time of year.

17. ColRouléBleu says:

From what I understand from the Calgary boards, the Flames fans are voting for McCabe. Their argument is that they want the West to win that game and they want McCabe to “assist” them ;)

18. Chuck says:

I can’t understand why any Hab fan wouldn’t be using their write-in opportunity to vote for Kovalev.

______________________________________________
    “Vote Saku for All-Star… or little Timmy gets it!!!”

19. ClaytonM says:

So no one is voting for McCabe as the 2nd d-man? Come on, think about how it will confound laffs fans who’ve been railing on him all year. Plus, when he trips over the net in Primetime, he’ll make the blooper reel all season.

20. krob1000 says:

I’m there I forgot my daily requirement of ten votes. Sorry!

21. Cable Guy says:

Well I voted at least 25,000 times for Markov so your welcome Andrei…..

22. Cable Guy says:

Everyone that utilizes this great website should do their part and keep voting for all your Habs to get voted in.

23. drecha says:

Let’s keep it going guys!!
    GoHabsGo!!!

24. Frank14 says:

I can see Crosby and Markov. But I guess the Boston Bums
    fans are looking more and more like the Maple Laffs fans :
    Stuuuuuuuuuuupid ! Stop voting for this dork Chara and
    embarrassing yourselves. This yokel should be playing in
    a garage league in the boondocks somewhere ….

BTW did this loin ever hook up with Laraque, Brashear.
    Cerillo etc. etc. ? I think not and if he has somebody
    give me the link to UTube

Salute

25. coutNY says:

Here’s a list of Chara’s cheap shots and fights i thinkk back from last year..? Alot of small forwards… Including Plekanec.LOL

26. krob1000 says:

We should all vote for Crosby as well as we know he will make it. This way we help none of Koivu or Kovalevs competition at the same time. I am voting Brian Campbell as the other d man.

27. Naila Jinnah says:

WOW! That is insane!!! I’m glad (or maybe I hope?) the rest of the league is recognizing his talent :)

28. krob1000 says:

If you hit your k key twice in the scroll down for the write in vote it goes directly to Kovalev….for those who are frustrated by the time it takes.