LL Cool J(unior) shines

Louis Leblanc lights up junior camp

Stu Cowan on Leblanc

No Heritage Classic at Big O

Robert L strolls Memory Lane

Jerry Rice, eat your heart out!

W5edTmCn09s

Martin Gerber?

Kariya to the Ducks?

John Madden signs in Minnesota where a 15-year-old has designed a mask for Nicklas Backstrom

Chelios to join Wings front office

• 27 per cent of the Predators worth $15.2 million U.S.

Nikita Filatov looks ahead

1. nunacanadien says:

This sounds bang on, although any goalie who has torn their ankle like Price has eventually injures the same again, so I would replace Price with Auld with more wins than losses, as Price could get hurt again, (trying too hard and he gets injured again) and Auld will end up with the same stats as when Price and Halak rode out the season a couple of years back.  So any of these combinations could be affected by an injury.  Also I would have Cammy scoring more as he gets comfortable in Montreal.

2. Bill H says:

1.) Pouliot – contract year!

2.) Bulldogs

3.) Who cares? Except if Halak wins more, we’ll never hear the end of it here.

4.) AK46

5.) Neither, but if I have to choose, I’ll take Koivu.

3. habstrinifan says:

Right On! Very hard player to justify in any list of “GREATS” because of his attitude. Kovalev is a talented dilettante (someone who shows frivolous or superficial interest). He never played with purpose to the point where you could put him out ‘when you needed a goal’ like you could say Lafleur. A talented player but a dilettante!

Someone who plays any team sport without accepting the ‘PSYCHOLOGICAL burden and responsibility’ of being ‘counted upon‘  should not be put in the echelons of the greats.

He may have been exciting. He may have been smooth. He may have been talented enough to earn special attention from opponents, but he was never motivated enough to achieve and therefore cannot be considered great by any criteria.

The great player in a team sport, whether a selfish or unselfish teammate, has one distinguishable characteristic. He/She harnesses all his physical talent with mental focus and motivational drive to deliver. Kovy never had that. He never had the ‘courage‘ to put himself through that stress.

4. halakitlikethat says:

haha, I’m back in St. John’s now! I was living in Beaumont, Texas when I created this account. Back on the rock now though!

5. showey47 says:

Pretty good prediction but i think cammy scores more then gio barring injuries and i can only hope for #10 to come true.

6. observer says:

Submitted by SeriousFan09 – It was a 3rd for Schneider ================ Not and Wrong!

7. observer says:

This post was about the Habs draft and when a GM is supposed to build the team basically from the players he drafts in the top of the draft and the team had traded away 5 of them leaving the Habs no picks in those spots plus the 3 others in the top two rounds they either traded away or didn’t sign – it SURELY affects the GM’s draft performance and draft record.

Brian!!—Are you in TEXAS? reporting in St. Johns?

Nice report but where are you?

9. Mike Boone says:

Plekanec

10. Psycho29 says:

You also forgot to mention the 88 points and 47% win pct…oh and something about dinosaurs and it’s a young man’s game….

11. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Here are my 10 prediction for this upcoming season IF the habs can stay healthy this year?

1. Most points – Plekanec

2. Most Goals – Gionta

3. Team finishes – 5th in conference or better.

4. Top 2 lines in goals- Cammalleri – 35+ – Plekanec – 25+ – AK46 – 25+

Gionta – 40+ – Gomez 15+ – Pouliot – 25+ totalling 160 or goals

5. 1st PP Unit – Cammalleri – Plekanec – AK46 – Markov – Subban

2nd PP Unit – Gionta – Gomez – Pouliot – Hamrlik -Spacek

6. 3rd & 4th lines – scoring 50 or more goals.

7. Carey Price – more wins than losses.

8. P.K. Subban – In the running for Rookie of the year award.

9. Team names a Captain – Markov – Gorges – Gionta or Cammalleri

10. Coach – Better prepares himself in letting younger players learn from their mistakes instead off benching.

12. HabFanSince72 says:

There’s no way Kovy was more skilled than Guy Lafleur.

That’s just among Habs I have seen.

13. gloveside says:

That homeless guy who lives at the entrance to the Berri Metro [St. Cat’s door]. “Got 3 bucks for a BLT?”

14. W35T5ID3 says:

where the F is Crosby?!Sure hes still a guy only bin in da league for 5-6 yrs but hes got skill like no other.This list is a joke!And Gretzky number 3?xWow,unreal.

15. MTLForever says:

1993.

kariya – koivu – harvey

pronger – witt

i guess thibault

16. madcap_habsfan says:

1) pouliot 2) ……? 3) both will do well, as long as price does better when the Blues comes to town 4) Andrei K 5)KOIVU

17. crabvader says:

I feel like I just watched 300 in an octagon!

18. Aerobiz says:

Nice report!

What you say about LL gives me the “Uh oh’s”.

We’ve already had a Mickey Ribs. I hope it was just an off night.

“The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.”- Randy Pausch

19. halakitlikethat says:

Just got back from the Red vs White game here at Mile One in St. John’s. Of course I had my eye on Louis Leblanc the entire night, here’s what I noticed:

– Very smooth skater, can generate speed very quickly out of the zone.

– For a centerman he didn’t carry the puck a whole lot, saw him coasting around in the offensive zone waiting for a pass or looking for open ice.

– Great vision when he did have the puck, got two assists with absolute beauty cross-ice passes in front of the net.

– Seemed generally disinterested in being on the ice and showed little, if any, emotion.

– Did a lot of circling around, waiting for plays to develop where players like Schenn and Kassian were trying to make things happen.

Tyler Seguin:

I wasn’t impressed at all. He was shifty in the neutral zone but couldn’t make anything happen inside the offensive zone. Maybe he was tired after a long camp, but he certainly didn’t stand out to me or my buddies who attending the game. Had a few shots on goal which sailed high over the net.

20. Aerobiz says:

Thanks!

21. Clay4bc says:

Pleks – points and assists.

Cammy, goals

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell —

22. Clay4bc says:

1. Pouliot, but I hope Bugs’ prediction comes true.

2. Hamilton

3. I think Halak, but I hope Price

4. Hammer and/or AK (but again, honourable mention to Bugs’ answer)

5. Koivu – no hesitation.

__________________________

— George Orwell —

23. likehoy says:

i’m not so sure he’s naturally skilled, i heard around town (I’m only a few years older than louis and I live in the west island) that he wasn’t that good in midget AAA, but it seems as if he worked extremely hard to get where he is now.

24. crabvader says:

Happy bday, ya lucky bastich!

25. Clay4bc says:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

__________________________

— George Orwell —

26. Aerobiz says:

Off topic:

I just got back from the Seinfeld show at PDA tonight.  (My awesome finacee got me the tickets for my birthday. )

The man was on fire! 95% new material too!

27. Bugs says:

That means 32 g, 42 a for Gio.

You reckon?

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

28. crabvader says:

This is the year, Bugs.

29. Everlasting1 says:

Cammy for goals, Gio for points.

Don’t pollute the water.

30. Bugs says:

55 goals, 20 assists?

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

31. K-hab25 says:

I’m with you on this one bugsy, I see Gomez slightly ahead of Plekanec. Goals leader will be Cammy, followed by Gionta and wait for it, AK46.

32. Bugs says:

Should’ve remained serious; I was intrigued with your first.

If your second materializes instead, I’m gonna find you, Darth, and I’m gonna give you a big kiss.

Swear to gosh.

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

33. Bugs says:

A safe and respectable call.

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

34. HFX-HabFan says:

Cammy will lead a balanced offense that will feature three guys with 70+ points.

35. ProHabs says:

Louis Leblanc. He will make the team out of training camp and by the 10th game will be the number 1 center.

36. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m calling it for Plekanec.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

37. Bugs says:

So why throw Gainey under the bus for it?

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

38. crabvader says:

Bobby Ryan 😛

(But seriously, AK46… that’s right… I said it…)

39. Bugs says:

Awright, time for some brass tacks (since my evening has been shot to hell anyway):

Who wins the Montreal Canadiens’ regular season scoring title? C’mon, enough jokes, let’s call it straight-up. No love, no double-talk, all injuries, trades and imponderables included, who’s it gonna be?

Put me down forrr…hmm…dang, not easy…put me down for…hey, you know what? What the hell,

Gomie.