Live tonight on RDS!

In a one-hour special, Maxim Lapierre announces where he’ll be playing this season.

Informed sources say the choice has been narrowed to Montreal or Montreal.

• Hockey’s Future assesses the Canadiens’ draft (shout-out to SeriousFan09)

• Matthias Brunet on draft-day screw-ups

• In Pat Hickey’s column, Paul Kelly defends college hockey

• A Jarred Tinordi feature at

• Four Habs Fans has home video from camp

Kovalchuk komedy kontinues

Down Goes Brown summer reruns

Glen Sather orders a pizza

• A must-read: Homophobia and Discrimination in Hockey

1. Mr-T says:

I misspelled that word just for you simple simon. Again you are grammatically incorrect throughout that obtuse rant. You may want to go to a library to read a book, that is assuming that you are even capable of reading anything more challenging then a comic. I know that you have never been inside one before so leave a trail of crumbs on the floor so that you can find your way back out again. One can not have a informed debate on a given issue with a person[you] who gets his intellectual stimulation from counting along with Big Bird on Sesame Street. This is just beyond your comprehension.

2. Mark C says:

You might be right about Halak, but the reality is no one knows how he would have reacted to the prospects of another season battling Price for playing time. Also, his agent needs to be factored in at some point. Any agent, and this is not an inditment of Halak’s, would be wise to cash in on Halak’s great pasted season.  Agents while always shotting for the moon are realistic, Halak’s value is likely to never be greater than this off-season, therefore its in Halak’s and his agents best interest to gain a long-term deal now. Being awarded a one year deal with Price in the mix is far far away from being ideal. Even the biggest cockeyed Halakien optismist is likely to conside that Halak is unlikely to replicate last seasons successes.

I agree that AK46 is 10 games away from the dog house, but like it is everywhere, he by the same token 10 games away from being a legit top 6 forward. As fans we shouldn’t lose sight that he was again on a 20 goal pace last year, while average less than 16 minutes a game. 20 Goals puts AK46 in the top 100 goal scorers league wide, there are 180 top 6 forwards in the leauge, in a sense.

Why should the Habs less repects because they do not plan on selling low on AK 46?*. Montreal, as it stands has just 4 established and dependible top 6 forwards. I can’t disagree more that there is someone ready currently in the line-up or in Hamitlton that could replace AK46.

* Who knows if management plans on moving him or not, I’m not in these meetings.

3. Bugs says:

“Dribble”? It’s “drivel”, goofball. “DesponTent”? Nice. (snort) And no supporting argument apart from puerile wanna-be witty insults. Leave me the dictionary to me, ok? You’re not using it properly.

So to recap: you got nuthin.

Oh, except “esotericism” of course. (mmmph) What every hockey club needs, yes.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga:

4. Mr-T says:

I see this is beyond your comprehension, a little to esoteric for you I guess. What have they “done wrong”, excellent grammer for someone in grade six by the way. I forgot you do have media outlets on Mars. As to the incoherent dribble that you wrote do not get despontent over your lack of intelligence. I am sure your IQ is at least equitable to room temperature. I realize you must have experienced enormous challenges being 16 years old in grade 7. Good luck with your career at Burger King.

5. andrewberkshire says:

Bugs has high standards!

6. DD says:

I’m glad it worked out for you Chuck. If anyone deserves to go, it’s you. You will be in your element tonight for sure, and if you wear the right glasses, you might just see Jerry up ther on stage. Have a great time.

7. Natrous says:

😀 It’s all good – and I fully agree, $3.3M per seems to be a lot more than he’s worth at present based on past NHL accomplishments, but if they go for a long-term contract, I can see that as being what he earns.

I hope we’re both wrong!

8. ZepFan2 says:

Actually, he gave me a, “nice save” the other day.

But then again, he did come back and whine about my posting style.

So, who knows?

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

9. mike g says:

I’m in the same boat as you are, the NBA never fizzed me…

And I too find it rediculous that these 3 can meet and decide the fate of the league for the next 5-10 years. Say what you want, wherever they went would impact the NBA and certain teams in extreme ways.

The league said they didn’t allow them to meet because it was illegal, but let’s get serious here. They met, plain and simple.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

10. Storm Man says:

I see it like this if Wade is the general on the floor and CB4 knows his place on the team and Lebron is the star Miami could be a very tough team to beat. I dont see Shaq going back to Miami and I dont think Boston needs him. Miami still has some holes to fill as im not sure how many players they have under contract. It should be alot of fun if Miami does pull this off.

11. Malreg says:

Unfortunately they are all free-agents, so they get to do whatever they want…

12. Malreg says:

Holy wall-o-text Batman!

13. TripleX says:

I don’t like or follow the NBA even though I love the Final Four Tournament.

But how does the NBA allow these players to basically engage in collusion to group decide on where they will go?  How does this impact on the integrity of the game?  Imagine if Crosby, Ovy and Malkin all decided together on which team to join?

Greatness is earned not rewarded……

14. punkster says:

Just saw the post Rob and responded with my views. Anything over $1.5M per and over 2 years term is wrong. I fully expect it to be more but I am hoping the reason it has taken this long to announce is that management has refused to be stupid about this kid any more. Not likely but possible I guess.

15. punkster says:

Anything over $1.5M per is just silly. Anything over 2 years is absurd.

16. andrewberkshire says:

Does Bugs give compliments to anyone not named Bugs?

17. ed lopaz says:

first, let me answer this about Halak – he was restricted with arbitration – habs (and arbitrator) could have

forced a 1 yr deal for about 4 million – according to the reports I heard, that;s what the Habs were expecting.

there is NO KHL in Halak – he has played major junior in Quebec, and then he spent a few seasons in hamilton

I happen to know Halak’s goalie coach in lewiston, (QMJHL) – Halak is a modest, quiet, hard working young man. That’s it.

The arbitration of Halak would have closed at about 4 million; and Price would have been signed for about 2

(that;s 6 million).

Re: AK 46 – well, if we have NO ONE to replace AK 46, we are in big trouble, my friend.

AK 46 is about 10 games away from the dog house – and he completely stunk up the joint last year.

If the habs have no plan to move AK 46. then they do not deserve anyone’s respect.

Somebody on this team, or in Hamilton, would be as effective as AK 46.

I would have been all for keeping them both, but it just wasn’t in the cards.

Marc, your instincts to keep both were absolutely perfect!!!

The strength of this team was the goaltending last year – now, we have weakened our best position.

Bob Mckenzie says you can change thename of this game from hockey to “goalie”.

Just ask Ovechkin how important the Habs goaltending was in game 5, 6, 7 of their series.

18. krob1000 says:

Those three can play 40 minutes most nights though as they normally do…they are still young but Bosh willg et hurt at some point.  The cool thing they’ll have going is that either Wade or James can create their own shot, knock down a three and can be trusted late inshot clocks, end of games, boig shots,etc.  Bosh is there is by some bizarre fluke they are covered and draws some  pressure inside…..gonna be scary for other teams but they still need a competent ball handler who will make smart decisions and not turnover the ball, they also need a couple big men  who can help Bosh inside so he doesn’t get fouled out because as you mention their top three are fantastic but….outside of them they still need average players.  The Bench only really matters IMo in the regualr season but those three will have a strong enough record to make the playoffs so no biggie there.  They can always pick up scraps at the deadline….not unlike the Pittsburgh Penguins (whose core is so good they just continue to rebuild around them year in and year out).

Interesting note…..Shaq goes where the winning is…he is available….he’s won with Wade, he don;t like seeing Kobe win and he just played with Lebron…..he’s made his cash ….could he end up there too? Would he accept far less cash to do so? He talked trash leaving Miami and called Bosh Rupaul…but the Diesel gets away withanything and I think he’d rather join Rupaul then get beat by Rupaul who is flanked by Wade and Lebron.  The only other option for Shaq I see that he would consider is Boston…and I see this as their last real shot.

19. Storm Man says:

Some very good points you have made, I would take a closer look on the teams you have pointed out and how good the bench was also. If the Heat get the 3 top UFA’S this year what money do they have left to pay for other players? 3 players cant play 42 mins a game.

20. twocents says:

Well I guess it’s alright… but it ain’t worth all that much, I mean it’s not like Bugs said it.

Now that would be a very nice compliment. phew! ‘magine? :o)

21. kempie says:

I find it curious that your handle is Mr-T. There is another Mr. T (242) on here who shares many of your beliefs. If I didn’t know any better, I might think that this was posted by T242 using a dictionary and a thesaurus. Now for the real test: If you repost the same thing over and over all day and all night without deviation, then Tony’s busted again. If not, then your opinion is noted and respected. FWIW, Bugs is right – wouldn’t hurt to hammer in a new paragraph now & then.

Finally, it’s Canadiens, not Canadians.

22. mrhabby says:

zeeee germans did not do it comrad…….nope de spainards..yes , yes.

23. ZepFan2 says:

They don’t care about what you have to say in the matter. They’re right and we’re all wrong.

Nice how they ignore others opinions, then bemoan those that want Tony gone because we’re stifiling other opinions. lmao

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

24. andrewberkshire says:

I take that as a very nice compliment!

25. Bugs says:

Basketball doesn’t come up to the HEELS of…of…

Aw, nevermind, whatever.

That’s funny though.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

26. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Wow, I hadn’t heard this, which team was offering picks for AK, and what rounds we’re the picks for?

27. derfab says:

17 years later, Demers still can’t speak english or french and he took the team all the way. This ‘communication’ (i.e. p.r.)crap is beyond hyperbole. X’s and arrows on a smart board is already too sophisticated for many hockey players.

character is derfab destiny.

28. derfab says:

This kid looks like he has more guts than Sergei. He can skate and hit and, perhaps because he is a little less skilled than the K’s,  is not overly concerned with the perfect play.  I like him already!

character is derfab destiny.

29. Bugs says:

Didn’t Hannibal ever teach you how to use paragraphs?

Gripe and whine but what EXACTLY had Jack Marty and Peter Goater done WRONG in your view instead of what it takes for unnamed folks to be better than them in this dream-world of yours “within the concept of the team and the potential of any player”? As opposed to WHAT exactly? Pure drivel, sorry to say.

…think outside the box…ooohhh, ok. See, that’s what we’re doing wrong! I get it.

Go back to Toranna.

And btw, it’s never too “premature to stipulate”. That’s the whole POINT of stipulation.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

30. PeterStone says:

I cannot see it.  he holds no arbitration rights, and can be qualified at 1M$ ( or close to it ) .  A guy like Halak just signed for 3.75$, Mason got similiar … you got UFAs sitting out there

Price gets 3 years .. i can see that, but at 2.5M$ per … 7.5M to 8M$

31. SmartDog says:

Andrew below says it’s 4 years, not 3.  I was misled by another post…. I don’t always have time to do the research!  So thanks for the details, thought it was 6 years and not 7.

But I’m hoping he signs 2-3 years at a modest rate.  I wouldn’t call 3.3 million modest and don’t think he’s earned that.  I know pedigree, blah, blah, but his confidence and abilty to finish a game are REAL question marks.

So basically I hope I’m wrong.

And no, I don’t ALWAYS know my poop…. sometimes like everyone else I’m wrong (or just full of it)!

Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop.

32. mrhabby says:

gainey is a consultant..maybe still pulling the strings. Gauthier is to new to the job and needs time. Martin is a respected hockey coach who i heard the molsons hold in high esteem. like it or not we went to the ECF under his guidance. i can’t see any change in the short term. Successful companies need consistency. do the molson really want the revolving door thinks not.

33. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I’m really confused by NBA UFA’s, how come the players announce which team they’re sighning with, even before the contact is signed(like with Bosh on ESPN yesterday) I would think it’s the team’s right to announce it. And what is this sign & trade deal, if he’s UFA, why would TO be able to do this? Anybody know the rules about this?

34. Chuck says:

Actually, I just scored a lawn ticket for tonight. I love the internet!  :)

Glad to hear that you enjoyed them. I’m SO looking forward to tonight. From everything that I’ve heard they’re really in top form.

Hmmm. Now only if they’ll play me Jack Straw…  :)

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

35. derfab says:

Pro Basketball is one notch above soccer, three below hockey.

character is derfab destiny.