Light turnout for Habs practice

A handful of Canadiens were on the ice prior to a team meeting and departure for Pittsburgh.

Tomas Plekanec and Mathieu Darche were the only regulars on the ice. They skated briefly before Ben Maxwell, Sergei Kostitsyn  and Jaroslav Spacek took shots at goaltending coach Pierre Groulx.

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Scott Gomez (Advisory: some f-bombs)| Tom Pyatt

1. Norcal Habsfan says:

It sucks for you and the Dogs to pull their best player in the middle of the playoffs. Hope Weber steps up. I bet PK would play both if he could.

2. pic1983 says:

Hey man, Drew Doughty made some brutal turnovers last season and was a minus player, and this year he looks like a lock for the Norris.  We just gotta have patience with the kids, growing pains are part of the game.  I agree that PK looks like hes the real deal.  I think hamrlik said it best in saying that hes seen forwards come up confident, goaltenders come up confident, but hes never seen a defensemen come up with as much confidence as PK.

His interview with Elliotte Friedman last night made me an even bigger fan!  What a great attitude this kid has.

Pens big guns suffering from the same thing as the Caps did: Halak of
    production!!!

One or two (Halak) isn’t much to brag about after seven years.  Gainey’s inability to draft and develop young building blocks is part of his legacy as GM.  Just sayin’.

5. avatar_58 says:

What do you guys think about moving Pyatt to the Gio/Gomez line permanently and Lapierre to the Cammy / Plek lines? AK46 drops to the third with Pouliot/Moore.

6. nickster13 says:

If you watched CBC, they were saying Gomez is great in the room and always keeps PK positive. So maybe Gomez has value way beyond offense, despite his large paycheck.

But the part i liked most was when PK was getting interviewed they were saying he had a great 3rd period. But gomez walked by down the hall and said ” dont let it get to your head kid you played awful the first 2 periods” and PK smiled, i love it!

7. Harani says:

RDS reports that Sergei did not accompany the team to Pittsburgh while he did think he was on the trip.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

Another take on agent, Allan Walsh.

9. Clay4bc says:

Too long without a cup – we need something to distract us from that travesty.

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

10. Clay4bc says:

Jaroslav
    Halak could have any woman he wants in Montreal right now – with their
    husbands/boyfriends blessing too, I bet. :)

__________________________

11. ooder says:

you brought up a great point.. and i just saw the franzen one today and just thought: “are you kidding me”..

on top of that they are doing it all wrong now..

they show the person scoring and then rewind it, instead of showing the result of the action and then rewinding to the action

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

12. ooder says:

overall he played in a pretty low scoring league, and also he had pretty serious wrist surgery during the year.

let’s hope Dr. Boucher can fix him up

——————

13. KenD29 says:

PK seems to be holding his own !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

14. Chris says:

Dave, my point was that we didn’t see those guys go through their immaturity because it happened in Europe.

We don’t know the whole story, but I do find it mind-boggling how many here are so quick to give up on kids like Carey Price, Guillaume Latendresse, Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Maxim Lapierre, Matt D’Agostini (I was guilty on that one) or Benoit Pouliot when ALL of them are still younger than Johan Franzen was when he played his first NHL game.

The NHL is full of players that needed changes of scenery to find their game.  One need look no further than Mike Ribeiro.  Others just needed some time.  What bothers me the most is how certain people get that a player will never develop for not other reason than that it is not happening here in Montreal, where the fit for that player, either on or off the ice (or both!), just might not be right.

15. Fansincebirth says:

Too funny…the Price vs Halak controversy seems to have died down.

Not being content to let sleeping dogs lie and concentrate on team and the playoff run, we now have our new controversy……SK!!!

16. KenD29 says:

And no worse than SK !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

17. avatar_58 says:

Play or no his interview impressed me most last night. I mean interview for channel 14 here in Hamilton? No one watches that so no pressure. NATIONAL Tv though? He didn’t sweat it, talked like a pro. Doesn’t that just say it all about his confidence level?

18. yves_on_habs says:

Yeah… I’d say Kirk would be a guy that’d have alot of respect overall.

Sergei’s got so much potential. I’m loosing faith that he’ll go about it the right way.

It’s too bad.

- Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

19. Clutch10 says:

I work hard every day mabey i should lace em up can’t be any worse than Darche.

Chris – I thought SK74 was our sleeper pick:-)

Let’s wait and see what happens.  The Habs don’t seem to do well when it comes to developing young players.

21. yves_on_habs says:

Lot’s of potential. I’ll be keeping an eye on how he does.

But I suppose I keep my eye on the Habs year round anyway… surprise surprise…

- Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

22. KenD29 says:

Take his work ethic over SK’s anyday!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

23. KenD29 says:

Bring some Smirnoff and caviar when you come!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

24. Clutch10 says:

I wonder if Kirk tried talking to SK. Kirk to me is a guy that kids would listen to. Its obvious the kid wants to play but he’s going about it the wrong way.