Light turnout for Habs practice

A handful of Canadiens were on the ice prior to a team meeting and departure for Pittsburgh.

Tomas Plekanec and Mathieu Darche were the only regulars on the ice. They skated briefly before Ben Maxwell, Sergei Kostitsyn  and Jaroslav Spacek took shots at goaltending coach Pierre Groulx.

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Scott Gomez (Advisory: some f-bombs)| Tom Pyatt

1. punkster says:

Giving a “thumbs up”. However with that expression on his face he could be giving the refs ” the finger”!

2. mike g says:

I agree.

My father inlaw, 2 uncles and 2 cousins are all Bruins fans. Just pathetic

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

3. 100HABS says:

Interesting poll. The results have changed:

Penguins, because I
    could never, ever root for the Canadiens

I voted Canadiens and it might be guys like me that are skewing the results from Broons fans.
  4. Chris Aung-Thwin says:

Brain Wilde on Team 990:

Former defenseman asked about how many players really care come playoffs: “About half”

Gainey did well to build this team with the right half. This team cares.

Also complimenting Carey Price for maturing everyday right now. Working harder and harder as part of the team.

5. HabFanSince72 says:

Let’s hope Boston go no further than this round.

6. Off-side says:

I love my HABS!  I simply love every beautiful man on that team!  Ahhhhh…..Bliss….

7. HabFab says:

Flashing “Number 1”

8. Clay4bc says:

How about the Red Wings? Classic example of developing talent without tanking.

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot –

9. Slovak says:

I hope Boston with Chara and Satan will go further and also Chicago with Hossa and Kopecky. It would be fun to watch slovak friends against each other, like Chara + Satan VS Halak…

I have to say the style of play and the situation of the Habs team reminds me of Slovak olympic team with even better Halak…

I really think you should think about Demitra joining Habs – with right guys around, he can do miracles, as he did at the Olympics…

10. Jbell10 says:

Gomez is clearly eating a BigMac and  is trying to hide it with his other hand…

11. naweed235 says:

12. mike g says:

Maybe he promised someone he’d give up sushi..

Now he knows he got caught, so he’s snapping.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

13. Habscore says:

Gomer looks like his mouth is full of sushis (I think it’s a sushi box in his hands), and saying wait wait!!!

— YES HABS CAN!! —

14. Harani says:

Ok, sorry. I’ll retry.

Cammi tweets this picture of him and Moore on the plane on their way to Pittsburgh.

My question: What do you think Gomez is doing in the background? Answer away!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

15. Chris Aung-Thwin says:

ha! you’re right steve… but i can see the writing on the wall. out with old, in with the new…

16. pmaraw says:

what picture?  😛

17. Slovak says:

The problem is, when two want to be N.1, it will make bad emotions etc., you can see tons of crap it already produced some time ago… I would say – lets make Jaro official n.1 for the next year and Price n.2. I think Price will accept this because recent events show that all the hate in the family is gone… and then, well we will see… but Jaro is not going to be the backup anymore – that is for sure… and for Price I think this is the time, where he realizes he has found his family, where he can develop and the others will help him to do so…

18. mike g says:

So NESN has officially confirmed the Bruins’ spot in the Conference Finals?

Wow, very professional. I always hated NESN, and found them to be very pro-Bruins during broadcasts. This confirms it.

I really, really want the Flyers to win that series. It would be great.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

19. Habscore says:

Where are you Timo, I miss you hahaha…

I don’t know how I ended up watching these on

— YES HABS CAN!! —

20. Harani says:

My question: What do you think Gomez is doing in the background? Answer away!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

21. Bugs says:

Boston fan poll on NESN:

– Who are you rooting for in the Canadiens-Penguins series?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward:

22. Harani says:

No, coz Lappy didn’t miss like he did.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

23. mike g says:

His mouth was full of poutine, no way he could have smiled…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

24. habsman-itoba says:

Hah!  I think he was more confused and baffled that it actually worked!  He’s probably watching replays at home in awe, taking notes.

25. slamtherimtim says:

i would feel sorry for moore , and that line would be suspect , just sit them BP and AK let them play a shift a period on different lines

26. Jbell10 says:

Ya he was smiling, but he knows no one will be able to the pull the Guy spinner-rama quite as un-successfully as he (Guy) did.

27. smiler2729 says:

It’s a definite plus to have a goalie tandem where each feels that they have what it takes to be the number one.

28. Slovak says:

You can be sure, Halak will stay for less money and being the starter. Money comes second in his case, no matter what his agent constructs in his dollar thinking head… You just have to solve one thing – does Price agree to be the n.2???? Right now it seems he does… But this question belongs into the future, right now…..

29. Hockey Socks says:

Ovechkin’s first two seasons in the Russian Super League:

21 GP – 4 points

40 GP – 15 points

Avtsin’s first season in the KHL:

30 GP – 9 points

30. Lap4Cap says:

Do you think Tender’ was smiling when Lappy pulled out his signature wrap-around?

Hello, I’m Jordan and I hate Julie…

31. habsman-itoba says:

I was wondering about this on the way to work this morning.  I  don’t mean this as an attack or anything, just an honest inquiry.  It seems that there are a lot of people here who think Gainey had a poor system to develop talent.  How do other teams do when compared to us on developing their talent?

Is there a league stat that tells us the Canadiens are doing a crappy job of this compared to the other teams?  Or do all teams have a similar success (or failure) percentage with developing talent?  Without looking at the whole league, it seems rather brash to say we pass or fail.

Is there a benchmark we can compare ourselves with (not counting the teams that tank to win -ahem- Pittsburg

32. Hockey Socks says:

One of the best Halakisms I’ve heard!

33. J. Ambrose says:

Pyatt has already played a fair bit of time on the Pleks line, while AK was banished to the 4th line, so he could play a similar role on the Gomez line. But now that AK seems to waking from his loooong slumber, I’d keep him on that first line. He may not be scoring right now, but he is hitting and mucking, which is great. Plus, as we’ve seen, he can deliver multiple goal games. It could be Saturday. And I love Laps right where he is. He excels in that role.

34. Norcal Habsfan says:

It sucks for you and the Dogs to pull their best player in the middle of the playoffs. Hope Weber steps up. I bet PK would play both if he could.

35. pic1983 says:

Hey man, Drew Doughty made some brutal turnovers last season and was a minus player, and this year he looks like a lock for the Norris.  We just gotta have patience with the kids, growing pains are part of the game.  I agree that PK looks like hes the real deal.  I think hamrlik said it best in saying that hes seen forwards come up confident, goaltenders come up confident, but hes never seen a defensemen come up with as much confidence as PK.

His interview with Elliotte Friedman last night made me an even bigger fan!  What a great attitude this kid has.

Pens big guns suffering from the same thing as the Caps did: Halak of

One or two (Halak) isn’t much to brag about after seven years.  Gainey’s inability to draft and develop young building blocks is part of his legacy as GM.  Just sayin’.

38. avatar_58 says:

What do you guys think about moving Pyatt to the Gio/Gomez line permanently and Lapierre to the Cammy / Plek lines? AK46 drops to the third with Pouliot/Moore.

39. nickster13 says:

If you watched CBC, they were saying Gomez is great in the room and always keeps PK positive. So maybe Gomez has value way beyond offense, despite his large paycheck.

But the part i liked most was when PK was getting interviewed they were saying he had a great 3rd period. But gomez walked by down the hall and said ” dont let it get to your head kid you played awful the first 2 periods” and PK smiled, i love it!

40. Harani says:

RDS reports that Sergei did not accompany the team to Pittsburgh while he did think he was on the trip.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

Another take on agent, Allan Walsh.

42. Clay4bc says:

Too long without a cup – we need something to distract us from that travesty.

43. Clay4bc says:

Halak could have any woman he wants in Montreal right now – with their
    husbands/boyfriends blessing too, I bet. :)

44. ooder says:

you brought up a great point.. and i just saw the franzen one today and just thought: “are you kidding me”..

on top of that they are doing it all wrong now..

they show the person scoring and then rewind it, instead of showing the result of the action and then rewinding to the action

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

45. ooder says:

overall he played in a pretty low scoring league, and also he had pretty serious wrist surgery during the year.

let’s hope Dr. Boucher can fix him up

46. KenD29 says:

PK seems to be holding his own !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

47. Fansincebirth says:

Too funny…the Price vs Halak controversy seems to have died down.

Not being content to let sleeping dogs lie and concentrate on team and the playoff run, we now have our new controversy……SK!!!

48. KenD29 says:

And no worse than SK !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

49. avatar_58 says:

Play or no his interview impressed me most last night. I mean interview for channel 14 here in Hamilton? No one watches that so no pressure. NATIONAL Tv though? He didn’t sweat it, talked like a pro. Doesn’t that just say it all about his confidence level?

50. yves_on_habs says:

Yeah… I’d say Kirk would be a guy that’d have alot of respect overall.

Sergei’s got so much potential. I’m loosing faith that he’ll go about it the right way.

It’s too bad.

– Yves –

Blog –

Twitter –

51. Clutch10 says:

I work hard every day mabey i should lace em up can’t be any worse than Darche.

Chris – I thought SK74 was our sleeper pick:-)

Let’s wait and see what happens.  The Habs don’t seem to do well when it comes to developing young players.

53. yves_on_habs says:

Lot’s of potential. I’ll be keeping an eye on how he does.

But I suppose I keep my eye on the Habs year round anyway… surprise surprise…

– Yves –

Blog –

Twitter –

54. KenD29 says:

Take his work ethic over SK’s anyday!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

55. KenD29 says:

Bring some Smirnoff and caviar when you come!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

56. Clutch10 says:

I wonder if Kirk tried talking to SK. Kirk to me is a guy that kids would listen to. Its obvious the kid wants to play but he’s going about it the wrong way.

57. Chris Aung-Thwin says:

he didn’t have a great season in the KHL but i’m hoping this kid turns out to be a sleeper pick for the Habs… lots of offensive potential…

58. j2c says:

I’m so excited for him coming over. I really hope that he works out because he could be a fantastic player if he develops properly. He also seems like he is very happy to come over, and work hard and since the younger Kostitsyn is most likely gone after this season we could use another skilled prospect in our system.

59. Norcal Habsfan says:

PK, wow this kid is for real. Granted, he looked like a rookie on some of those plays against Evgeni last night but he will learn quickly. But, those rushes up the ice had me screaming before he hit the red line. This guy is like one of those 19 year olds that go to the World Series of Poker with nerves of steel and push all in. PK pushes all-in on every shift. He’s a gamer. No disrespect to Markov but we haven’t had this dimension to the D for a long time. Loved it when he knocked SIds lid off.

Good game AK. showed alot of character to play well given the situation with his bro.

Pyatt, Darche, Laps—Beasts.

We can do it with 4 lines.  We are looking like a pretty dangerous team to the rest of the league. Who woulda thunk it?

60. Clutch10 says:

Darche? He’s useless. He may have a work ethic but thats all he has.

61. KenD29 says:

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

62. namgel says:

Coach Martin say’s one… little forward…two….two lit..

63. KenD29 says:

Couldn’t agree more!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

64. mike g says:

I was the guy who braught that up a few days ago…

The NHL had done such a great job. Those were some of the best commercials on tv for a hockey fan, and now the NHL has once again become the laughingstock of everything.

The Fleury commercial is garbage. The Cammy one is garbage. The Franzen one from last night’s 4 goal game is garbage. Same for Versteeg’s and Pavelski’s, garbage and garbage. The only one’s worthy of any decent credit are Halak’s and Datsyuk’s. They both occured in game 7’s, and Halak’s performance did make history.

They’re desperately seeking history.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

65. lenny says:

SK and AK…They are both capable of scoring 25 plus goals a year…the only problem is it will be in a different jersey…Players interviews have not mentioned SK name, but it is clear then when Cammy says-the people here get it and are working hard, he is pointing the fingure at SK….Both brothers will be shipped off in the off season, or playing in the KHL—

I’m happy DARCHE GOT A CHANCE TO PLAY LAST NIGHT, There is someone who works his a$$ off and makes the most of his limited minutes. He alos got some big minuted at the end of the third, why is funny becasue last game he was benched…I hope they sign him next yr, he probably wont cost more then 750K and is a great role model for the city, team, and anyone who goes after their dreams!!!! The K bros could learn a thing or 2 from him

66. Slovak says:

Halak post-game comments are still about the same thing – Montreal takes it from game to game, while Crosby and the frustrated company are forced to see the cup already before their eyes. BUT THE ONLY THING THEY SEE IS HALAK AND THE FAMILY SAYING: “NOT SO EASY AS YOU THINK SID NOT SO EASY HMMM”

67. ooder says:

I know this was posted before, but the NHL finally comes up with a great commercial in thei History will be Made and completly kills it.

At first it was cool with all of the old timers scoring legendary goals.. but’s just so lame,.

they take random goals and make a commercial out of it..

68. alestar says:

Its true…but it is so hard not to get wrapped up in the moment…I want another Cup!!!!

XXIV…and counting

69. alestar says:

Totally agree!

XXIV…and counting

70. Fansincebirth says:

Stop speculating…..

71. Fansincebirth says:

This from last night sums it all up…..

“We have nothing to lose because we’re not even supposed to be here,”
    said Halak, whose goalkeeping helped the Canadiens stun Washington, the
    N.H.L.’s top team, in the first round. “No one gave us a chance to go
    through the first round and right now, even in the second, people
    thought we’d lose four straight. But here we are.”

72. ooder says:

aright boys.. 2 more wins

that’s all.. and then it’s off to the ECF.

I really hope Fleury lives up to his crappy play at the Igloo

73. joeybarrie says:

Im sorry, but if you guys cannot see the writing on the wall, you need GLASSES. SK took shots at goaltending coach. The only reason why a coach would send a player to work out in the gym instead of on the ice is because he is a distraction. Its KNOWN that this kid is on his way out. He obviously didn’t learn when he misses the bus. He obviously didn’t learn when he refused to go to Hamilton. He didn’t learn IN Hamilton. He didn’t learn after we called him up and then sat him cause he wasnt working. So ITS obvious he isnt going to learn NOW. He MIGHT learn once he gets fired. He can go to a new team and start over and change his attitude a bit. If he doesnt end up in the KHL.

The ONLY word you cannot rely on is the so called HABS word. Cause the Habs don’t give ANY word until its done. Look at Laraque. The word was given when he was asked to WALK.

You pay a guy to come and work for you, ALL you ask is he be professional and do his job. YOU HOPE because he is getting PAID a VERY large amount to skate around and play a game, that he TRIES. Well it didn’t work.

You cant tell me he didn’t get a chance. He got MORE than alot of others. Look at Darche. If he acted a bit more like Darche, he would be on the second line RIGHT NOW. Make no mistake about it. SERGEI KOSTITSYN HAS LET US DOWN. THE FANS AND THIS TEAM…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

74. petrov14 says:

Sergei is skating at practice again?

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

75. LeeFree says:

Yeah, what’s up with that? I thought from reading some blogs that his time in Montreal is finished.

76. smiler2729 says:

As far as I know he’s still part of the team whether he’s happy about it or not.

If he’s sulking and whining then he’s an immature distraction that is definitely not needed to bring down the room but who the hell knows what he’s thinking anyway, just shutup and be ready to help your team.

77. Ayan_SB says:

Pleks hasn’t been playing his best offensively, but it’s good to hear that he’s practicing when he doesn’t necessarily have to.

78. Shublips says:

Halak is the runaway leader in Conn Smythe voting, so far, and he was on the ice practicing.

I love it!  That is what being excellent is all about!

Habs on Facebook: on Twitter: on

79. 100HABS says:

That would be Jaroslav Spacek.

80. lavie says:

We have two players called Jaroslav.

81. J. Ambrose says:

I believe the “Jaroslav” at practice was Spacek.

82. Gr8stFranchizEvr says:

His time in Mtl is finished, without a doubt.  That doesn’t mean he won’t be at an optional practice to shoot the puck around.  TSN’s McKenzie says it’s about work ethic and attitude; both of which SK does poorly.

83. avatar_58 says:

Funny I remember saying this yesterday – the ONLY word is the habs word. No one cares what Mackenzie et el THINK is going on.

So tired of everyone speculating.

84. Gr8stFranchizEvr says:

Certainly, the team’s word is the bottom line.  But, they aren’t saying anything about this white elephant named SK, so that tells us A LOT!

McKenzie’s blog isn’t all speculation.  He cites Price calling out SK at practice, which carries some weight.  Credit to Bob, too, for saying the Habs’ success isn’t a fluke, but a concerted effort to execute a plan and system.  Most of these “experts” aren’t willing to see or publicly admit that.

85. Ayan_SB says:

Shh, let’s pretend it’s Halak. And the legend grows…

86. J. Ambrose says:

Here’s the story: frustrated that he missed the chance at an empty-netter last night, by mere inches, Jaro spent the practice working on shooting. He now entertains visions of skating up out of the crease and darting thru the Pens, Subban-style, and scoring unassisted for the winning goal in Game 7. Then he will turn to the surrounding media crush, look into the cameras and say, “So Bob, how do you like me now?”

87. mike g says:

Remember when Halak almost scored in the empty net last night?

That, seriously, would have been the best thing in the world. Why?, well because our friends at RDS and TSN could have gone into Pittsburgh today to interview Crosby and say:

“Hey Sid, how does it feel knowing that the other teams goalie has more goal than you in this series?”….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

88. Gr8stFranchizEvr says:

I honestly think Sid would throw a hissy fit, then break down in a heap  of tears!!!

89. Habscore says:

That would have been amazing. Ha!

— YES HABS CAN!! —

90. pmaraw says:

lappierre does LOL, so does craig adams… altho like i thought, i cant see that guy getting another.

91. namgel says:

Kudos to the Habs Marketing Dept

This is just awesome,  and only the Canadiens can pull it off with class.

92. Chuck says:

Link isn’t working…

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

93. lenny says:

SK was on the ice, but JM made him skate behind the goal only, if he crossed over he was fined…i wonfer if he will travel with the team to PIT?

94. Habscore says:

I woke up and first thing I was thinking about was the History will be made videos where you see Captain Marc Messier with the biggest smile ever putting Lord Stanley Cup over his head. Then I thought,: what if we make it this far, who of all the captains in this team would first touch the Cup??!! What do you think?

— YES HABS CAN!! —

95. marshx says:

even tho he’d probably be too modest to do it.

96. Mike from Ktown says:

Josh Georges gets my vote.  I think he would make a great captain for the habs.  He demonstrates every quality a captain should have.  I think the players respect him as well.  Younger guy who hopefully will be here for a long time.

97. mike g says:

Everyone wants to win it, but it’s still so far away..

But if it happens, I’d love to see the whole team lift it at once. Jaro in the middle, surrounded by the whole team, not just one individual. Because if it happens, it will be the whole teams victory.

That would be a beauty of a photo.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

98. Malreg says:

Gionta or Gill.  Gill just won last year though, so he’d probably let Gio do it.

99. habs03 says:

I personally have no doubt in my mind, that if we make it to the finals, we will name a Captain.

100. Jbird says:

I’m with Mike G – the whole team – but logistically it would have to have some photo op with that ass Bettman so the NHL would freak out  cause Gary would be mobed by 22 players and you would not see the weasel (who cares!)

I say GIO although With this team you might think GIO might make Jaro go up and take it.

101. joeybarrie says:

One of the A’s would be the one to hold it up. If we haven’t chosen a Captain yet this season. Its only because we will start next season with one. Maybe GILL, so he can hold it high enough to dust off all the banners hanging above… Maybe they will let Halak do it, since he would be the reason we would win it. IF we get out of this round…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

102. Chuck says:

All of the “A”‘s–along with Markov–hoist the Cup at the same time.

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

103. habs03 says:

Big win last night, the referring was..everyone has said enough. While I am happy with the win last night, we need to be better, the 1st and 2nd were horrible, we are playing a goalie that lets in soft goals the more chances we get the better, we need to take advantage of it, 9 shots after 2 period is not acceptable.

104. Mike from Ktown says:

While I agree we need a better effort in the first two periods, I feel we do come out overly aggressive in the start some games and wear ourselves out.  It has been odd to watch the games we win, we usually start out getting out shot, then start to put our foot on the gas pedal.  Games where we have dominated the first half of the game we have usually lost.  Odd system, I agree, but it kind of is what has been working for us.

105. Mike from Ktown says:

I would support this as well

106. Habscore says:

At first thought, I would say Halak, but I agree the whole team at the same time would make a great pic!! It was a team victory no doubt.

— YES HABS CAN!! —

107. Jbird says:

The Pens keep on saying “Its the playoffs. You got to deal with buildings like that” –

Child Please – there is only ONE building like This!

108. Chuck says:

No one player is the reason why we could win it. That’s why it traditionally goes to the Captain, rather than a player who’s had a great series.

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

109. Clay4bc says:

Chuck…please…these playoffs have been all Halak, as much as it seems to pain you to admit it. i know you were all in with Price, but try to have some perspective here.

110. JIMVINNY says:

Halak’s been unreal, no question.  But how many goals has he scored?

Maybe you’re the one who requires some perspective.

111. Clay4bc says:

Your unwillingness at admit you were wrong amuses me, Jim (or is it Vinny?). You came out on the wrong side of the debate (and history, it seems). And still, after all that has happened, refuse to admit the truth that is right in front of your face.

MVP –> Halak. Regular season and playoffs. No question about it. That’s my point. Flame away, but it will not change the facts.

112. habsman-itoba says:

I think what he’s trying to say is that, sure Halak is the MVP.  That is obvious.  But, he’s the reason we don’t lose games, not the reason we win them.  There is a difference.

113. J. Ambrose says:

I too have been a Halak cheerleader for two years now, and have tried to help those blinded by the glitter of a Calder Cup to see the truth. But going on about how you were right and they were wrong is just bad form, my friend.

114. Clay4bc says:

On general principles I agree with you, J…but this one dig had to be got in. He was one of the worst offenders in the civility department – and I did keep it civil myself.

And if Priceberg ever rears his head…well, that one has to be done as well.

115. OinkOinkOink says:

My girlfriend and I are driving from Montreal to the game tomorrow. Can anyone here recommend a good forum to see if anyone is looking for a ride down?

Or alternately is anyone here looking thinking of going to the game tomorrow?

116. B37zc says:

Try craigslist or

117. habs03 says: is a good site too

118. RetroMikey says:

WTF!  Little Sergei still practicing with the team?????

Ship the little runt back to Belarus, Mongolia, or Siberia!

Kudos for Martin having control of this team.  If Bobby was still around, he would have put little Sergei in the lineup and his puppet Price in the nets.

I still am not crediting Bobby for this team turningit around but Jacques Martin.  The players listen to Jacques!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

119. Xtrahabsfan says:

Trade him to Pittsburgh where all the lil crybaby’s play!

120. avatar_58 says:

Gainey is not nor ever was the coach. He stepped in when needed while a coach was found. So no he wouldn’t put Price or Sergei in, as that’s Martin’s job.

121. SeriousFan09 says:

Yeah, if only there was some kind of management position where someone signed new players to the organization and generally ran the hockey operations, someone who would’ve assembled a crew of playoff performers for this year and appointed a head coach to run the team…

Gainey installed the players who are winning now, he held on to Halak (he DID have Price on the trading block for Lecavalier let’s not forget!) and Gainey wouldn’t be doing anything to the lineup. JM is a veteran coach and he wouldn’t have stuck around if Gainey was calling him daily to tell him who to play and who not to play.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

122. TripleX says:

It is called covering your a s s dude.  What happens if there is an injury which does happen in the playoffs?  With no more callups allowed having an in shape SK makes sense.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

123. punkster says:

“If Bobby was still around, he would have put little Sergei in the lineup and his puppet Price in the nets.”

No he wouldn’t.

124. andrewberkshire says:

Bob Gainey is still around, he attends EVERY game and sits right beside Pierre Gauthier.

125. lord stanley 2010 says:

give me a break! PERHAPS we should send some of the fans like you to siberia or nunavut.

1. Sergei is a young, talented prospect that the organisation gave up on.

2. its still bobby’s team. he made it, from a to z. (players + coaching staff) so the credit goes to bob gainey

126. ooder says:

ok yes we get it.. you know more then all of us because you live in Hamilton, watch the Bulldogs yada yada

127. SeriousFan09 says:

Spacek taking practice is good, but I’d love to hear an update that’s better than ‘day-to-day’. Ah well, keep hoping he might get cleared for action soon I guess.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

128. tony d says:

So who turned out the light for habs practice? Was it Sergei?

129. Tremblant Habs Fan says: reporting Markhov making trip to Pittsburgh. Is this at all possible?

130. Chris Aung-Thwin says:

team 990 just reported the same! saying game time decision?!?

say whaaaaaaaaa??????

131. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2. we play with energy, we play with Subban in Markov’s place (for now) – Pk could have been with us since the Olympics, but nevermind that.

the fact that markov has not had surgery is very interesting.

certain injuries to knee ligaments can allow the player to keep playing – with limited mobility and usually quite a bit of pain.

here’s bob mckenzie’s explanation of an ACL injury. this might explain markov’s situation quite well.

But when a player blows out his ACL, which ultimately requires extensive surgery and rehab (anywhere from six months to a year in some cases), tolerance to pain is the critical factor in whether a player can come back and play with the injury and without the ACL. The ACL stabilizes the entire knee but it is possible to compete without one, although a strong brace must be used to effectively replace the torn ACL.

which means markov could be facing surgery in the off season, but he could play tomorrow night wearing a brace.

132. Alex says:

Medically speaking, an ACL injury is a major deal. Even if he is a warrior and plays through it, it’s highly unlikely he can play at 100%

133. TripleX says:

The need to wear a strong brace will restrict his quick lateral movement and skating.  He would be a help on the PP for sure.

134. saskhabfan says:

Ignore the troll,all he does day in and day out is copy and paste the same fecal facts (facts he pulls out of his ass) hoping to get a reaction from people. His hate for sergei and gainey have nothing to do with hockey,its all personal. He said earlier in the season that he hopes the habs miss the playoffs so that he would be proven right. What kind of loser says that?

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

135. RiverviewCanadien says:

I just finished listening to Pyatt’s audio. Seriously Hickey, that was your question?

Alzheimer’s kicking in?

136. Sambaguio says:

HOLD ON! Serge is still with the Habs? I thought he already went back to Kazakhstan!

Halak is beaming right now, “Look, Gainey, I’m the REAL number 1. Your so-called ‘thoroughbred’ is sitting on the bench.”

137. Keith says:

Gomer’s presser was hilarious! I laughed my ass off.