Leblanc deal worth $3.6 million. Sort of.

The contract Louis Leblanc signed with the Canadiens last week has a potential value of $3.6 million U.S. but only if the youngster makes the NHL team directly out of junior hockey.

The entry-level deal is the standard two-way contract and kicks in when he plays his first pro season which presumably would be 2011-12. According to our friends at capgeek.com, the contract has a cap hit of $1.2 million which includes an $810,000 base salary, $300,000 in bonuses and a $270,000 signing bonus which is spread over three seasons.

If Leblanc doesn’t make the Canadiens, he’ll still get the signing bonus and will be paid $67,500 Canadian playing in Hamilton.

*  *  *

What have you done for us lately?

The Blackhawks have walked away from the $2.75 million Antti Niemi was awarded in arbitration.

Chicago has signed Marty Turco, for $1 million less.

And no one mentions Cristobal Huet … or his $5.6 million contract

1. Nina76 says:

TomNichol ….               WOW!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!what a post you hit the truth right on very well written…….wish we had more post like yours instead of the horrible ones that some of the Habs fans post…………….I have been saying for a long time that it takes the whole team to win a game not just one player…how come some people don’t get it.GO HABS GO…………………….Good luck CP & to my Habs for 2010-2011

2. GrimJim says:

Absolutely effin’ not!

A lack of an answer is neither a positive nor a negative indication of agreement. How do you know Boone isn’t answering because he thinks your supposition is beneath responding to?

3. A. Berke says:

Buy a Mac, they cost a l’il more but far better and don’t get viruses.

Ali B.

4. showey47 says:

Heard the same thing on nhlxm204 also from central scouting director e.j. maguire. He said maybe 5 or 6 teams would be interested in halak while 29 would be interested in price.

5. Fire_Laraque says:

cheers bro.

6. likehoy says:

are you and HH avatar fighting?

maybe i should make one for alex auld….what number is he wearing?

7. K-hab25 says:

You know, you ain’t such a bad guy afterall. You handled all the ribbing well. :-)

8. Fire_Laraque says:

You’re completly right.  Though if  you look at my profile, you’ll see I was a fan of Mario Lemieux more then Gretzky, so I didn’t go all out on fact findings on Gretzky.

But lets just say you wanted to use sarcasm to ruffle me :)

9. K-hab25 says:

Hey I was just pointing out how we could’ve gotten back more for Price. People outside of the Habs fanbase, actually outside of the Halak fanbase, value Price more than Halak and I’d be willing to bet more than Niemi aswell.

10. Fire_Laraque says:

If he doesn’t answer, are we agreed it proves my point?