Video: Leafs icon Bower talks love of Habs

bower-2

Toronto Maple Leafs goaltending legend Johnny Bower breezed through Montreal on Saturday, signing autographs for 90 minutes in the shadow of Olympic Stadium at Centre Pierre Charbonneau.

Bower, a two-time-Vézina Trophy winner and three times winner of the Stanley Cup, spoke highly of Montreal fans and his wonderful rivalry with the Canadiens – Jean Béliveau and Maurice and Henri Richard, specifically.

Here’s my five-minute video interview with kindly ol’ Johnny, 86, a perfect gentleman to this day who remains hugely popular with fans of the Maple Leafs and Canadiens stars of his day.

1. chicgoods39 says:

kfdsla

welcome to our website:

——- http://www.chic-goods.com/ ——–

if you like to order anything you like.

More details,

please just browse our website Quality is our Dignity;

Service is our Lift.

enjoy yourself.

thank you!!

——- http://www.chic-goods.com/ —–

2. bimpsy says:

I grew up in Prince Albert a generation behind Johnny. I had friends whose parents were in school with him. Even though he was half a continent away, he always made a point of staying in touch with his old friends.
    For me that speaks volumes about him.

3. I have yet to hear/read Bower have to say anything negative about anyone, regardless of rivalries. One of the best.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

4. otter649 says:

Got Johnny Bower to sign a photo for me (about 12 years ago at a personal appearance)but did not use a sharpie pen something different so the autograph has faded away over time and by the way his book is a good read…….

5. eric says:

Now, those were good days of hockey.Good clean hatred of each other.

6. iwardhabs says:

Stubbs: I love your focus on the old goalies! On the pond (not a cliche; I actually grew up across from a pond) as a kid, I always played in goal…but wound up working in academia as an adult. Alas. I have a student writing an essay on “sports and value,” and I actually put a copy of _The Game_ in his hands.

Thanks for the terrific work!

7. NorthernHab says: