Video: Leafs icon Bower talks love of Habs

Toronto Maple Leafs goaltending legend Johnny Bower breezed through Montreal on Saturday, signing autographs for 90 minutes in the shadow of Olympic Stadium at Centre Pierre Charbonneau.

Bower, a two-time-Vézina Trophy winner and three times winner of the Stanley Cup, spoke highly of Montreal fans and his wonderful rivalry with the Canadiens – Jean Béliveau and Maurice and Henri Richard, specifically.

Here’s my five-minute video interview with kindly ol’ Johnny, 86, a perfect gentleman to this day who remains hugely popular with fans of the Maple Leafs and Canadiens stars of his day.

1. chicgoods39 says:

welcome to our website:

——- ——–

if you like to order anything you like.

More details,

please just browse our website Quality is our Dignity;

Service is our Lift.

enjoy yourself.

thank you!!

——- —–

2. bimpsy says:

I grew up in Prince Albert a generation behind Johnny. I had friends whose parents were in school with him. Even though he was half a continent away, he always made a point of staying in touch with his old friends.
    For me that speaks volumes about him.

3. I have yet to hear/read Bower have to say anything negative about anyone, regardless of rivalries. One of the best.

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

4. otter649 says:

Got Johnny Bower to sign a photo for me (about 12 years ago at a personal appearance)but did not use a sharpie pen something different so the autograph has faded away over time and by the way his book is a good read…….

5. eric says:

Now, those were good days of hockey.Good clean hatred of each other.

6. iwardhabs says:

Stubbs: I love your focus on the old goalies! On the pond (not a cliche; I actually grew up across from a pond) as a kid, I always played in goal…but wound up working in academia as an adult. Alas. I have a student writing an essay on “sports and value,” and I actually put a copy of _The Game_ in his hands.

Thanks for the terrific work!

7. NorthernHab says: