Larry Brooks of the New York Post had an exclusive late Wednesday night.
Brooks wrote the NHL is willing to grandfather the Kovalchuk, Luongo and Hossa contracts if the NHLPA, in essence, re-opens the CBA. Damien Cox’s take.
• Pierre Gauthier lives in Vermont.
• Check out Mitch Melnick’s superb interview with Chris Chelios. Chelios says some very nice things about Red Fisher.
• If Antti Niemi – 26-7-4 with seven shutouts in the regular season; 16-6 in the playoffs with two shutouts, a .910 save percentage, a 2.63 GAA and his name on the Stanley Cup – is worth $2 million, just what is Carey Price holding out for? François Gagnon floats a familiar name: José Theodore
• Bruce Peter has been researching the Canadiens’ young talent for Robert L’s site
• More surgery for Jacques Demers
• Kids, don’t try this at home! In the video below, Max Pacioretty does a 57-inch box jump – which means he can leap over Gary Bettman.
• Rien à voir avec hockey, but everyone has to do this way cool Arcade Fire/Google Map thing