Last time Habs drafted No. 3 overall…

jpritch

You remember Jim Pritchard, don’t you? Defenceman from the Winnipeg Jets of the Western Canada Hockey League? Five-foot-9, 175 pounds, never played a game in the NHL?

Well, since the NHL entry draft began in incredibly modest form in 1963, Pritchard is the Canadiens’ only No. 3 overall pick, coming in 1968.

From hockeydraftcentral.com, from whom we’ve borrowed the graphic at left:

The sixth NHL Amateur Draft was the first to feature drafting based on the reverse order of finish from the previous season. This became the standard for all successive drafts. A slight difference, however, saw picks alternate by division, rather than directly by order of finish in the overall league, and the West Division was given some advantages over the more established East Division. This was also the first draft to feature traded picks, as the Oakland Seals gave up their No. 1 selection in a deal with Montreal. It was also the only draft in NHL history in which one team (Montreal) made all of the first three picks.

The draft was held almost in private around other league business being conducted at Montreal’s Queen Elizabeth Hotel.

The headline item in Montreal was Claude Provost being named the inaugural winner of the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy, for which Habs’ Max Pacioretty is a nominee this season.

“At last I’ve got something to congratulate the hockey writers about,” joked Canadiens coach Toe Blake when the media vote was announced, declaring Provost the winner. “This was a fine selection.”

1. Marc10 says:

Weber on Zetterberg… The big man got a little carried away ,eh.

The game was done… Just take the hit and close the books.

Tssst… Tssst… Tssst…

2. Stev.R says:

I hope Toronto shells out to get Luongo and Nash this summer. They’de be stuck with those overrated huge contracts for 7 years.

• JUST ME says:

Would not be surprised if Burke goes for one of these two. I think he will go all in…with little success. From the looks of the guy it`s obvious that he feels the pressure and does not see an easy way out. Will not admit that his plan failed and that his team needs major reconstruction.

3. Lizardking89 says:

Saw that coming LA had enough PP time sheesh.

4. jols101 says:

Game looks like L.A. finnished 1st and Vancouver 8th…

Wow, the amount of hooking and holding that goes “unnoticed” in the Van game is pretty impressive. Clearly rules have changed from last saturday.

• mb says:

Rules? There is such thing in the playoffs?

• canada4l says:

The officials so far this playoffs have been absolutely brutal. The flyers first goal was so far offside. There have been at least 3 or 4 blown offside calls so far in the 3 games because the linesman is out of position. They are setting the bar at a whole new level.

The penalty/non penalty calls in the Van game looks like Bettman is trying to make sure that no Canadian team makes the 2nd round.

• HabFanSince72 says:

It was the same in the other games.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

6. shootdapuck says:

Nice tie PJ!

Is it a clip-on? Betcha!

7. otter649 says:

What photos/pictures do PJ Stock & Glen Healy have of Ron McLean in order to remain employed by HNIC ?

8. shootdapuck says:

Maybe age and wear and tear are exposing Detroits’ warts!

9. christophor says:

Just so everyone knows: the Preds finished 5th in the league. As it stands, the Habs have their 55th pick. Cheering against them out of hope that this pick doesn’t move down to 56th, 57th, or God forbid 58th-60th, stretches the boundaries of reason. Seriously, a difference of one or two spots that late in the second round amounts to virtually nothing. Too much luck involved there.

Edit: You know, there’s a scenario I haven’t considered. If 3 or 4 teams ranked lower than the Preds in the league standings make it to the semi-finals, the Pred’s picks will move up that many spots. So I guess what I really think is that maybe it’s reasonable to cheer against the Preds if you’re also cheering for a lot of underdog success as well. Maybe. Best case scenario, the Habs get the 51st overall pick. So the range is 51st-60th with anything near either extreme being very unlikely. I still think it’s not a serious issue at that point in the draft. Go Preds, I say.

• SlovakHab says:

Hang on.. regular season position reflects the order of picks for playoff teams??

• christophor says:

Isn’t it just final four that get the last four picks with the Champs going last in each round? If I’m wrong, I apologize and say Go Wings.

• Lizardking89 says:

The farther they go in the playoff the lower they pick in the draft essentially

• christophor says:

only if they make it to the semis, in which case they move back a couple spots. That’s my point. I think it’s like this: the final four teams in the playoffs get the final four picks. The Champs go 30th, then 27th – 29th picks are alloted to the remaining 3 semi-finalists according to their regular season records. Then the division champs that were eliminated prior to the semis get the next lowest picks, also ranked by regular season results. Then it’s the rest, again ranked by regular season results.

I didn’t know division-concerns come into play but there’s still little room for Nashville to move. It’s late in the second round and it’s a crapshoot at that point. Buffalo should be more worried. Movement there (1st round) matters a whole lot more.

• GrimJim says:

EDIT: I was incorrect. Mistake deleted

• showey47 says:

I’m pretty sure after the final four it goes by divisional leaders in the regular season,then finishing order of the other teams for draft ranking. So if no divisional leaders make to the final 4 then that would automatically move the pick to #50 with the possibility of being lower. (if the math is right).

10. The Jackal says:

Delay of game is a BS rule!

On another note… that Kessler is some sort of Marchand!!!

Luongo is actually making saves. Who would have thought?

12. mb says:

Seriously, if Weber doesn’t get anything for this hit, Shanahan is useless. I like Weber, but that hit… disgraceful, IMO.

• HardHabits says:

It appears Weber didn’t like getting a stick in the upper ribs.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

WOW! That looks like a WWF Wrestler smashing a guys head into the turnbuckle. 2 games minimum or the NHL is a joke. Nashville has to pay for this play, suspension to Weber is a must. This is further from a “hockey play” than a Matt Cooke elbow.

• Chrisadiens says:

It wasn’t a hit. It was grabbing another players head and attempting to smash it into the glass. Disgraceful indeed, does he have a previous record of reckless behavior?

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• mb says:

I recall one suspension… but I’m really not sure about his suspension history.
        And I agree, that’s not even a hit, at that point.

• Chrisadiens says:

After a really quick google search…I could only turn up a fine for a hit on Jannick Hansen. Apparently most thought he should have been suspended for that as well.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• mb says:

Oh well… if he doesn’t get suspended this time, there is a serious concern about the players’ safety in this league (even more than there is now, anyway).

• The Jackal says:

That should definitely warrant a suspension.

• Lizardking89 says:

That is disgraceful if Sheriff Shanny doesn’t do anything about that then the gloves are off and anything goes I suppose. Never seen anything like that before in hockey wow.

13. Bill says:

One game and my hockey pool is in tatters. No problem if Pittsburgh loses per se, since everyone took Crosby with the freebie pick, but … I really didn’t see Philly winning, so I buried them and wound up taking Talbot as my Flyer.

Meanwhile, I snagged Fillpula as my Red Wing, betting on experience getting them past the Preds. I took Colin Wilson from Nashville as my second last pick … and he isn’t even playing!

Wings and Pens beter turn this around!!

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I ended up “having” to take Nsh (Radulov, Suter), SJ(Thornton, Marleau, Boyle), NYR(Gaborik, Girardi), Toews, Clarkson, Sullivan.

Sharks vs Rags!

14. EricInStL says:

Jim Hughson is totally useless

15. Adidess says:

Don’t mind watching Vancouver, but too early in post-season to be staying up past midnight for these games. Feeling like bailing after the first period.

It’s not like the Habs are gonna show up on my screen at any point…

——————————————-
    A big Centreman, please. Thank you!

16. SuperHabFan says:

Did anyone else see Webber drill zetterbergs head into the boards? Bone head play, he’ll probably get suspended. That literally could have severally damaged his neck. This being done while Bertuzzi is right there…

17. EricInStL says:

Gotta love the Sedins, a scrum is happening, who isn’t in it ? Yup the Sedin…. Would be great to see if someone will Marchand him during the series…

• Malreg says:

If the Sedin’s reply and get involved in scrums, the headlines will be about how their opponent is taking them off their game.

If they don’t get involved, the headlines are how they never fight back.

18. slapshot777 says:

True, he is not doing any playoff hockey, is he?

19. slapshot777 says:

Looks like the officiating is going to be consistent in the playoffs. ” Consistently Bad”

20. Adidess says:

Agreed. Any contribution from Malkin would have helped secure the win tonight. I’m a fan but his stats line reads 0G, 0A, -1, with 3 shots on goal despite being on for lots of PP time. Not acceptable from such a great player.

I have seen him dominate in the playoffs before, so no doubt he’ll come around.

• HardHabits says:

Maybe the Pens should fly in Malkin’s parents again and put them in the stands to watch over their son. That and his mom can feed him her super borscht soup that puts hair on your chest.

21. EricInStL says:

My dislike for Vancouver knows no boundary.

22. mb says:

Everytime I hear Denis Gauthier talking about headshots and calling it “unacceptable”, I just can’t take him seriously.

(Not that headshots are acceptable in any way, but I don’t think he can teach anyone about playing clean).

23. shootdapuck says:

A leopard can’t change it’s spots!

Bertuzzi sucker punching after the game over top of a linesman who had the Nashville player restrained!

24. jmsheehy19 says:

I’m pulling for Nashville, but for the life of me I can’t root against Detroit.

How can anybody not like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetts, and Babcock.

• mb says:

I think I’ll be happy with any of these two teams winning the series. Pulling for Nashville too, but won’t be disappointed if Detroit wins it.

• showey47 says:

I’d like to see nashville win also but the preds losing out as soon as possible greatly improves the 2nd round pick we acquired from them.

• Chuck says:

That’s why I’m hoping for a first-round exit for the Preds.

___________________________________________________

• christophor says:

Greatly improves it from 5th last in the round? Worst case: they win the cup and move that pick from 55th to 60th. A move somewhere in between is anything but a significant one, say 55th to 56th or 57th? I’m rooting for them, personally, and such minimal stakes for the Habs is hardly enough for me to give it a thought otherwise.

• showey47 says:

Last year the preds lost in the 2nd round and ended up with the 21st spot, 9 spots ahead of the team winning the cup.I’d say thats significant. I also think the habs getting the best player possible is more significant then the success of the preds. Nothing personal,just business.

25. shootdapuck says:

Not a fan of the Phillystines but Pittsburgh are no example of sweetness and light! Cooke, Oopik are still there!

BTW did Malkin play tonight? He looked Rene Bourque invisible!

26. Mattyleg says:

Uhh, who is this Gabriel Bourque kid, and why isn’t our Bourque like their Bourque?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

27. Adidess says:

Come on J. Stall! Too soft there…

28. mb says:

Pens… Brutal.

29. HabFanSince72 says:

What a collapse by the Pens!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

30. HabFanSince72 says:

I’ve never understood why Brad Stuart is considered good.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

31. HabFanSince72 says:

Bettmann looks bored out of his mind. Kinda feel sorry for him the NBA or some big time college hasn’t offered him a job.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

32. HabFanSince72 says:

HA HA Sergei you suck.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

33. punkster says:

Good evening, my fellow Habs fans.

Tonight I want to speak to you of a Stanley Cup for Montreal and for all of Habsland. No other question so preoccupies our fans. No other dream so absorbs the millions of Habs fans who live around the world. No other goal motivates the CH organization.

For years, representatives of our dear Habs and have traveled the NHL–seeking to find a way of winning The Cup.

There has been insubstantial progress, I think, in building a durable team during these last 3 years.

So, my fellow Habs fans, let me say this:
    Of those to whom much is given, much is asked. I cannot say and no man could say that no more will be asked of us. Yet, I believe that now, no less than when the decade began, this generation of Habs fans is willing to “pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure…” that we win The Cup.

With Habs players now scattered to the fields far away, with the Habs future under challenge right here at home, with our hopes and all of Habsland hopes for The Cup in the balance every day, I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office–that of a dedicated Habs fan.

Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my favourite team for a term as its GM.

Good night and The Rocket bless all of you.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

34. HabFanSince72 says:

Hudler gets tripped and gets 2 min for diving.

Is it too early to worry that the refs are going to suck in the playoffs?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

35. Mattyleg says:

Anyone know why Gill isn’t playing for Nash?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

36. Adidess says:

Agree HFS72. And one of these two teams won’t be good enough to get past the 1st round…

37. C-Sword says:

I’m rooting for the Flyers, Giroux is great and Jagr was my favorite player growing up.

• HabFanSince72 says:

The Flyers are actually an outstanding team, with some great young players.

Their fans however …

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

38. mb says:

So I guess that offside goal is getting more important now.

39. Adidess says:

I hate Philly, but the Orpik hit wasn’t a borderline penalty. Briere was not in possession of the puck. Clean body check, but interference.

40. Captain aHab says:

There are few players I hate more than Brière.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

41. HabFanSince72 says:

Watching Philly – Pitts. We are so far from being a contender.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

42. Mavid says:

sorry 1881 i see someone already posted it..a little slow still after vacation

43. Adidess says:

RDS2 is 192

44. Mavid says:

RDS2 HD is 1882 on the bell network..I got it automatically

45. HFX-HabFan says:

Soooo….Ryan Suter. My guess is that if he doesn’t stay in Nashville, he’ll have plenty of suitors (see what I did there), but I see three main candidates emerging:

1- Philadelphia. They’ll have the space both on their payroll and their blueline.

2- Detroit. A logical destination if Lidstrom retires.

3- Washington. They can redirect the Semin/Wideman/Vokoun funds towards a big contract for Suter, which would give them a great top-four D of Suter-Green and Alzner-Carlson. Wow.

46. Mavid says:

why do i have to keep logging in..i did not swear..

don’t touch the Viggo…

i was just about to announce my glee at the Pens giving it to the dirty orange and white nuckle draggers..and they go and score…common Pens…

47. boonie says:

The Pens/Flyers game just got interesting. Philly is pressing, Fleury with a big stop and a Flyers goal makes it 3-2 Pens with 10+ minutes to go.

48. Adidess says:

Mattyleg,

You may choose to watch in French as I often do, but just so you know, CBC is also showing Detroit-Nashville

49. Mattyleg says:

Sweet!!
    Just picked up RDS2, and am watching Nash v. Det.
    This is going to be a good series.
    Det. won’t get thorugh.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

50. Adidess says:

There should be video review on a case like this where there is goal, the same way you have review for pucks crossing the goal line.

There would be conclusive evidence to overturn that Briere goal. Imagine a game 7 of the Stanley Cup gets decided with that same goal with no option to overturn. The NFL has embraced video review for all aspects of a scoring play, the NHL should too.

51. Un Canadien errant says:

Does everyone else hate the Lanny MacDonald ‘Hoist the Cup’ commercial? Already never liked that guy, it’s a bit much watching him beat the ’89 Canadiens again and again. That was never a feel-good story for me.

———————————
    How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

52. mb says:

Uhhh… Offside?! C’mon, what’s the point of having linesmen then.

53. Adidess says:

Completely offside. What a joke!

54. HFX-HabFan says:

Ugh, the little pansy got one for Philly.

55. Propwash says:

Philly’s gonna have to get their s### together in a hurry or it’s gonna be a short series.

_____________________________
    “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
    Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

56. slapshot777 says:

Anyone ever notice that Visa commercial where the Winnipeg Jets fan buries his foam finger and then they are at the supermarket. Anyone ever notice the guy in the Habs jersey. He looks like a ringer for Markov or Mr Bean. Lol.

57. commandant says:

So I guess 50 million dollars doesn’t solve the Flyers playoff goaltending issue?

58. twilighthours says:

Bryzgalov getting ripped but I don’t know why. He was under siege. No fault on any goals

59. mb says:

Wow… And I expected Pitts-Philly to be a tight game… I know it’s only in the first but 12-5 shots is kind of brutal.

60. twilighthours says:

I am really going to enjoy Pittsburg drubbing Philadelphia.

61. Mark C says:

Hot damn was there some wildly ridiculous trades posted on HIO today. And to think most people didn’t like Bob and PG.

62. Kimberly2u says:

I’m rooting for the Flyers….can’t stand cry baby Crosby and his stupid penguins

• HFX-HabFan says:

You’re in the minority

• jedimyrmidon says:

Mmm, while his extracurricular activities may be irksome, I still wouldn’t dislike the Penguins as a team.

He’s not a reckless or dirty player by any means.

• habs11s says:

Yeah, I’m going for phili, I just can’t stand those damn obnoxious fans that love to tell you how big of fan they are

I guess they were too busy when the team was a signature away from moving….

Also, apparently icing don’t count anymore in the playoffs..

_____________________________________________________________

• Bill says:

People said the exact same thing about Gretzky and Lemieux. Whiners. Apparently. I don’t see it. Guys who compete that hard don’t always have the presence of mind not to complain to the ref. I don’t even think they shouldn’t complain to the ref. Those guys make plenty of mistakes.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Marc10 says:

Unless they’re playing the Bruins, I’d pretty much cheer for any other team.

Sure Sid is a cry baby… but the Flyers! Come on!

The Flyers have some of the worst fans in the League. They are pond scum. And they have Briere… A guy who not only walked away from a massive offer from the Habs, but also from his first name! They are Lindros’ team, Clarke’s Team, Schultz’ Team… Even the Simpsons’ had the 76 Flyers in rotting in Hell.

Other than the Bruins, there’s only one other team I truly loathe, a team that symbolises thuggery and revels in its notoriety.

F the Flyers. Pittsburg in 4.

Unbelievable how stacked the Pens are.

Letang to Staal to Kennedy for the 2nd goal. A thing of beauty even though it was a partial fanned shot the flubbed over Bryzgalov.

All that after Crosby already drew first blood getting a nice two-hander over the jaw for his trouble.

64. shootdapuck says:

I do remember Jimmy Pritchard when he captained the junior Jets.

Not a big guy who had the misfortune of coming up in the goon/bench clearing brawl era of the NHL.

He had some epic performances during the WCHL playoffs vs the Bobby Clarke and Reggie Leach led Flin Flon Bombers.

65. HFX-HabFan says:

Anyone happen to have a stream for the PHI-PIT game? I thought TSN was going to stream it on their site but it looks like they’re just doing the stupid live blog (only Boone excels at this).

66. HabFab says:

Stubbs on twitter;

” Don’t confuse number of GM candidates with number on #Habs list. Those are two very different things”

Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

67. oneslowfiveoh says:

Hello folks. First time posting on the site. Have followed along for a couple of years and want to say I’ve had some of my best laughs reading some of the material. Thought I’d throw my two cents in. Although we seem to have some quality D in the pipeline, I don’t think you can ever have enough. I wouldn’t be opposed to trading down a couple of picks and picking up another stud on the back end. Losing McDonaugh still pains me. Damn you Bob

• Habfan10912 says:

Welcome one. So many holes and lack of organizational depth the team can afford to draft the best avaliable in this spot. I still feel the sting everytime I see McDonaugh. Damn Bob x2. :)

• JohnBellyful says:

Hello, Oneslo’. HIO is always looking to add to its depth (we’re a pretty shallow bunch). What do you bring to the table? Insight? Humour? Ill-will? Goodwill? Encyclopedic knowledge of hockey? General managerial skills? Inside contacts? Free wings for the first 50 people who respond to your post?
      I could go on, the list is endless, but I won’t bore you any longer, that will come later. Training camp begins next September. Keep your wits about you. We tend to lose a lot of posters around here.

• Bill says:

About the D prospects: they are over-rated on this site. I don’t mean they’re bad, or that they’re not good prospects, but they’re just prospects.

People talk like Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Dietz, Pateryn, Bennet, Didier, et al are going to be quality NHL players in very short order. This is very unlikely. I see posts where people talk about Beaulieu and Tinordi being on the Habs next year! Not gonna happen.

Even the basic law of draft probability tells us that half of these guys will never play more than a handful of NHL games. The best of them, Beaulieu and Tinordi apparently, should be decent NHL players, but obviously we cannot know HOW decent. I mean, I’ve seen Beaulieu lots, and I think he’s awesome, but you just never know how these guys will look in the big leagues.

Bottom line: by the time any of these guys are ready to join the show, Markov’s contract will be over. Gorges and Subban and Emelin will need all the help they can get. I wouldn’t mind a bit if the Habs drafted Murray or Dumba or a great D prospect.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• boing007 says:

Wait a second. You say that our current, possibly great, D prospects might not ever pan out, then you say we should pick up some great D men in the draft. Well, they might not pan out either.

Richard R

• Bill says:

With a 3rd overall, there’s a much better chance. And by your same logic, the forward we pick may not turn out either.

EDIT: … and I didn’t say “should”, I said I wouldn’t mind.

Full Breezer 4 Life

68. SuperHabFan says:

I would just like everyone to know I have NOT removed myself as a candidate for the General Manager postion of the Montreal Canadiens

69. Dunboyne Mike says:

Talk below of how Semin might be a good fit in Montreal.

Talented player, although not physical. However, what do ye recall of him during our 2010 series with the Caps? I seem to remember tensing whenever he took possession of the puck near the blue-line, but that no real threat ever materialised. He seemed inconsistent, I thought, almost Kostitsyn-like.

• Habfan10912 says:

I agree with you. Many nights he quite frankly doesn’t show up. Would not touch him.

• Lizardking89 says:

No no and no ty. He’s one of those players that has a tonne of talent and an ounce of heart. Only shows up to play when he feels like it.

• Talik Sanis says:

What I remember from that series was that he had over forty shots in seven games (do you realise how sickening that is?). I also remember that, as he did not convert on any of those shots, he was a heartless Russian who didn’t “bear down,” in Mcguire’s terms, and who has no compete level. Likewise, I remember that he had dominant playoff performances in the years before, scoring at a point per game pace. If those three years were him not showing up when it counted, sign me up.

From this year, I remember that Dale Hunter seemed to despise him, likely due to the fact that Semin led the team in relative scoring chances and thus displayed his obvious inability to compete on a game to game basis.

Now, despite my “sign me up” statement above, I am not really saying that I want Semin, and I’m not saying he’s a flawless hockey player or some such bunk, but the degree to which many criticise him for his lack of heart and low compete level, while ignoring his strengths and some of his successes in high pressure situations, is oftentimes somewhat over the top.

As in MaGuire’s case, it can even be nonsensical. In a moment of absolute hilarity I believe most of us are familiar with, ten seconds after Pierre made his “bearing down” comment, Semin scored, and our favourite broadcaster just rambled on, ever trying to prove the adage, “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt” (credit for which goes to The Simpsons … and maybe some guys who wrote the book of Proverbs).

70. Stormin says:

A little off the grid here, but for anyone who has ever heard of Popeye Jones a former 6’9 basketball player in the NBA for the Nets and Mavericks, His son born in Texas Seth Jones(6’4) playing for USA development team in USHL also at U18 worlds is going to give Nathan Mckinnon a run for the 1st over all pick in 2013. Also look out for Anthony Duclair playing for the Remparts from Pointe Claire. The 2013 NHL draft Could have 2 non Caucasian picks in the top 3. Hockey is growing in leaps and bounds in popularity baby.

• The Dude says:

Grab him….the day of the hockey smurf is OVER,estee’!

• ABHabsfan says:

Sean Monahan, centre playing for the 67′s is another. 78 pts in 62 games this year. 6’3″ 200 at 17 years old

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Stormin says:

Yes you are right, Sean Monahan is another top prospect and there are many more in the 2013 draft that is why scouts are touting next year’s draft
        Man 2013 draft is going to be an awesome draft year

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I find it funny to see people pumping Monahan’s tires and knocking Grigorenko (not saying you are), when Grigorenko is also 6’3″ 200 and scored 85 points in 59 games. But, oh yeah, the Q is a weaker league, even though the Sea Dogs won the Memorial Cup last year and we have seen many Q teams win it over the years.

Why are people so down on Grigorenko? I would be happy to get him or Galchenyuk.

• Stormin says:

we were just talking about 2013 17 year old possible draft prospects. I like Galchenyuk as well but would not be upset if we get grigorenko

Hockey Night in Canada, O pee chee Hockey Cards and The Forum