Lapierre awarded Beliveau Trophy

Canadiens right winger Maxim Lapierre was presented with the Jean Beliveau Trophy in recognition for his charitable work in the community. Lapierre has been a spokesman for the Montreal Canadiens’ Children’s Foundation lottery and the second annual Maxim Lapierre golf tournament raised $50,000 for the foundation. He has also worked with the Riverside School Board’s anti-bullying campaign.

The award carries a $25,000 donation to a charity of Lapierre’s choosing.

“I just found out about the award and I want to sleep on it before I decide where the money’s going,” said Lapierre.

The 79-year-old Beliveau presented the trophy and the Hall of Famer said health concerns have forced him to cut back on his own charitable work. “For many years, I never said no but now I have to,” said Beliveau. He said he has reovered from heart problems which put him in the hospital last winter.

1. Nina76 says:

When you come down on Price you effect the whole team. Have you not read the blogs on this site?..GO HABS GO!!!!!!

2. Mr-T says:

Autism is a serious and indiscriminate developmental disorder. It is clear and evident that you do not understand the epidemiology of this disease or the medical implications, otherwise you would not be so indifferent and irresponsible in your flagrant use of it!

Support Carey Price        “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

3. TomNickle says:

Among their Price and management rants they have also gone on tears calling gomez, gionta, cammalleri and pleks too small.

They’ve called Gill and Spacek slow and dumb.

They’ve called Markov soft.

You’d be hard pressed to find a player on this team that they haven’t attacked on a personal level.

Funny those same people seem to avoiding commenting on anything related to the game when criticizing the players and management.

4. mike g says:

…….Check that off my bucket list……

There we go!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

5. Everlasting1 says:

I don’t recall them coming down on the team..Price, management, yes.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

6. Everlasting1 says:

A small contingency of us Hab fans are here in da streets of d/t Toronto  torchin’, lootin’, smashin’ n’ grabbin’ over Price’s ordinary performance. A few Laff fans have joined us, but are not welcomed. This could turn ugly.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

On September 27th, let it be known that Mike G ‘pulled a Messier’.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.