Los Angeles Kings’ Dwight King celebrates his goal on Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith Sunday in Glendale.
Todd Korol, Reuters
The opponent changes, but the song remains the same for the Los Angeles Kings: another road win, another big goal from captain Dustin Brown.
The Kings won their sixth consecutive playoff road game of the season Sunday, beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-2 to take a 1-0 lead in the Western Conference final.
Including two last season, Los Angeles has now won eight in a row in the opponents’ rink.
• Monday night: Game 1 in the Eastern Conference final between the New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
• The Cat showed Torts a thing or two about MSG madness: Dave Stubbs
• Brad Richards paying off for Sather’s Rangers: Red Fisher
• Kings offence a challenge for Coyotes attack: THN’s Rory Boylen
• Coyotes know they need to be better: NHL.com
• 18 years later, Rangers and Devils meet again: AP
• Eastern final could get ugly: NY Daily News’ Pat Leonard
• Brodeur eager to face Rangers, Lundqvist: NY Daily News’ Kristie Ackert