Kids’ Corner: Goalies dominate again

As if the goalie debate in this city wasn’t heated enough, it appears even the kids want to be involved.

In our latest gallery of drawings on our Kids’ Corner page, goaltenders continue to be the main focus of their attention, with Jaroslav Halak and Carey Price pictures accounting for nine of 13 images in this gallery.

1. yves_on_habs says:

Wow…. real cool to see those pics…

Kinda gives me an idea…. I’ll try to get my daughter to draw some Habs players instead of always drawing Sponge Bob…

;-)

- Yves –

Blog – http://yvesonhabs.com

Twitter – http://twitter.com/yves_on_habs

2. crabvader says:

Laffs sign some Finnish goaltender who TSN are dubbing as “highly sought out”.

How come everytime Toronto signs someone, it’s automatically this diamond in the rough player?

When we sign these types of players it’s just another boring story of “who the hell is that?”.

TSN and CBC blow chunks.

3. Chuck says:

According to young Patrick Ryan, Jaro needs to work on his 5-hole.  :)

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

The kids are always where its at! good job!

5. SmartDog says:

I have to admit those are some pretty good drawings!

I LOVE the one of Cammallerri holding the Stanley Cup with with both hands… and somehow his stick is right there where it should be too.

And Halak with TEN MILLION PUCKS being fired at him… and none going in the net!  This kid has a good attitude!

Great stuff.

Of course… not everyone agrees!!! (WARNING: this may be the funniest thing on the Internet: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

6. keepthefaith says:

Man i just had a major flashback of drawing Patrick Roy making a save over and over again.  WOW.

7. habaholic68NJ says:

And I just had a flashback of Ken Dryden making an unbelievable save off of Jim Papin in the 1971 stanley cup finals

8. spoonfullofjelly says:

is it just me or does one of those look toooooo good to be an 11 year old? and hey if I’m wrong, somebody’s gotta sign that kid.

9. CBrady12 says:

I think it was done with computer, the head is a picture of Price for sure. Still looks good though!!

10. Natrous says:

I was going to say that the one by  Aaron Desrochers, age 8, was too good for an 8 year old!

That’s a very cool idea to post these drawings, I wish this sort of thing was available to me when I was younger (despite the fact that I can’t draw to save my life haha).

Great idea guys!

11. Say Ash says:

You think kids fight in the playgrounds over Halak or Price?

12. jennifer1984 says:

hahaha yes.

because as a 25 (almost 26) year old, I have those arguments. Except I like them both.

My favourite are the Leafs/Montreal arguments. I’m 90 minutes south west of Toronto so there’s lot of Leafs lovers. The best comeback from someone this weekend was that Montreal players are all cheese and gravy (poutine). So I had to talk about the players from Quebec playing for Toronto. It shuts them up quick.

But boy, do I love the Habs and poutine!

13. sprague cleghorn says:

Yeah, but they probably sound less childish than the Price vs. Halak partisans in here.

14. Mr_MacDougall says:

I LOVE the six year olds drawing of the Hab holding the cup… notice the CCM on the helmet AHHAHAHAH

15. Mr_MacDougall says: