Kelowna honours Josh Gorges

Canadiens defenceman Josh Gorges has been added to the Wall of Fame of Kelowna, B.C., minor hockey.

A nice honour for a player from whom the Habs are counting a great deal in the season to come.

• Pat Hickey weighs in on Halak’s visit

• Red Fisher on Émile “Butch” Bouchard

• The NHL in Quebec City? Jean Charest meets the mayor tomorrow and ‘diques alumni are being lined up for a big rally next month

• John Lu’s Canadiens status report at TSN

• Allan Muir of SI likes the Kovalchuk compromise. So does Scott Burnside. And Dmitry Chesnokov talks to Kovy II

• Don’t invite Capitals owner Ted Leonsis and Torstar columnist Damien Cox to the same party

• Interesting read on bloggers vs. mainstream media

1. showey47 says:

I apologize about the video on the previous thread. All i did was type in “punksters playlist” and that video was the only thing that came up. I’m sorry if i created any permanent scaring.

2. fbkj says:

fine replace taliban with amish

but my points stand, this is montreal theres no reason to shut her down so effing early

lets just not do business then if work gets in the way of peoples lives…

were talking about closing shop at NINE on a SATURDAY… i see no argument against it

they are in fact silly laws that are a bi-product of catholicisms once fierce hold on quebec

3. habaddict_andy says:

Lapierre is close second to MAB. Bring back MAB so we can give ‘em “C”.

4. showey47 says:

You would think with some of the posters on this site somebody would have bitched and moaned about how the habs never him as free agent in 2002 like the sharks did. Then we could have traded rivet to a different tam and still had gorges,ahhhhh that damn gainey,i mean andre savard.

5. Xtrahabsfan says:

Because the name of the team is Les Canadiens  not Les Pigmy’s.

6. B says:

You lost me at Taliban and your over the top hyperbole about the rest of the free world. I was simply trying to point out that there is another side to the issue and that they are not just arbitrary or whimsical laws.

7. RGM says:

We signed Darche in June. Comrie signed on September 3rd. Very, very different contexts.

—————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

8. fbkj says:

im SAYING comrie went to HIS team of CHOICE at that price

this isnt about habs management dropping the ball re: signing darche over comrie

hes in a fortunate position to go to a more bonafide contender, or stay home, no skin off his back

9. The Cat says:

Maybe so, but most veterans are in that position, kinda. They dont need every possible cent, their only worry is the players union slapping them on the fingers.

10. fbkj says:

okay so it works everywhere else but quebec? why the hell do we go on taliban lockdown while the rest of the free world doesnt?

speaking of hard times you are ommiting the economic benefits of extending retail hours

11. The Cat says:

I remember I was in Texas in the late 80s and it surprised me that they were open til 10 pm every day of the week.