Kadri Shows His Stuff, At Least for One Game

(Habs fans, Know Your Enemy – From NY Times.com Slap Shot blog :

“I like his skating legs tonight,” Greg Millen remarked on Leafs TV
after Nazem Kadri scored his first goal late in the opening period on
Wednesday night.

Leafs Nation exhaled just a little bit when Kadri, their talented young
hopeful, finally played like a first round draft choice in Toronto’s 4-3
preseason win over the Senators.

With his two goals — especially the second which tied the game in the
third (at around the five minute mark in the video) — along with his
assist on the winner, the former seventh overall selection in 2009
finally justified the hype Toronto fans have heaped on him. His play
until then had been so uninspired that both General Manager Brian Burke
(on The Fan 590 Monday – audio)
and Coach
Ron Wilson
publicly criticized his effort in camp and preseason.

After an impressive training camp right out of junior last year,
Kadri showed, “No fire. No flash. No fury,” for most of this preseason,
as Rob
Longley wrote in The Toronto Sun
late last week, a sentiment that
was echoed widely. “Kadri is clearly playing tentatively, which stifles
his offensive skill.”

The critiques led to a heated, and not altogether unpredictable spat
once a
George Popalis article in Toronto Sun
said, “Toronto is abuzz with
words like ‘flop’ and ‘bust.’ Leave it to the uber-opinionated and rabid
Blue and White fan base to jump all over a 19-year-old kid for not
being ready for prime time.”

Continue reading “The Morning Skate: Kadri Shows His Stuff, At Least for One Game” >>

1. Keith says:

Well said Bugs. I take it as a GREAT INSULT that he would post this garbage about the laffs. The reason I hate that team so much is BECAUSE of the media fawning all over themselves about the tarranna make me laffs and how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and drive-thru liquor stores. Get this thru your head Stu… WE DON’T CARE ABOUT THE laffs!!!

2. habaddict_andy says:

Ok Boy from school, I think you need to hang out with true habs fans from now on if you want to understand what bugs is talking. I didn’t come here to check on what the laffs are doing.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

3. CDH says:

Yeah, what Bugs said.

4. Everlasting1 says:

You need to take it up with the site administrators. Stu was brought in for a reason, and know what he brings to the table. But yes, agreed, LeafNation updates, the New York Times..these are things to avoid.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

5. diehardhab says:

The torch be yours to hold it high!

6. SeriousFan09 says:

CJAD link.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. Pat8987 says:

can anyone post the link to cjad (cant access it at work)

Thanks

8. Pat8987 says:

can anyone post the link to cjad (cant access it at work)

Thanks

9. J Haul says:

There’s a guy on my ball team named Stu. He happens to be a canucks fan (eww). Needless to say, this is what he hears anytime he does anything good…

or bad.

STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

10. 100HABS says:

Who is this Stu Hackel guy and why is he wasting valuable space on a Habs Site?

11. Bill says:

Did TSN buy HIO? There’s a reason I don’t watch it.

Full Breezer 4 Life

12. Bugs says:

What, saying “still total losers after 47 years” doesn’t work no more? You have to EXPLAIN why the leafs suck now?

They KNOW, BFS, ok? They know why they suck.

Who exactly are you ARGUING with anyway? Beter yet, which one of them losers to you expect to CONVINCE?

Please.

Oh, and btw, the Internet wastes more trees cooling down the servers down than newspaper did, so yes, this is VERY MUCH a waste of space.

A disgusting and insulting waste of space.

This is the ONLY opinion of mine that I DEMAND you all share.

Word to the big bird.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

13. SeriousFan09 says:

RDS feed.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

14. Geoff F says:

YeeeaaaahhhhHh.  I’m gonna go ahead and leave the room now and when i come back i’m hoping the article i saw will have been a figment of my imagination and my bizarro world will have returned to normal.

Thank you….that is all for now!

15. Mike T says:

why am i reading about nazem kadri on a habs site?

16. Pat8987 says:

link for live feed for tonights games

17. Bugs says:

Oh. My. Gosh.

Right when I saw this, I thought “this has GOT to be from the new guy.”

Ok. Listen. Uhhh, Stu? Yeah, maybe you didn’t get the memo or something but we don’t give two sh*tes about what Loserville is up to, aw’ight? Never have. Their absolute incompetence should in now way be made to INFECT this site.

We don’t care. Honestly.

And I know some are gonna defend you by saying things like “broaden our horizons” or “keep track of other teams” or “information is never irrelevant” or whatever other type of garbage that justifies posting anything about the Loserville leafs but it’s all bullspit, Stu. All of it. It’s bullspit.

Don’t post about the leafs unless it’s to ridicule them to the dogs and back, ok? Because that’s all they’re good for. They stink of failure and we want nothing to do with them. (I STILL can’t believe it! On THIS site!)

I’m gonna forgive you this one time because you’re new and maybe you didn’t get the memo, but if you post any leaf crap in the future, I’m jumpin on you with both feet.

And don’t even TRY to defend this cuz that’ll just make me angry. Just take it on down the 401, please; we’re stock-full of scum in our sewers already.

Thanks. ‘Preciate it.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

18. Hagar says:

I hope the Leafs aren’t pinning all their hopes on this 19 year old kid and Kessel to generate all their scoring. Actually scratch that (I hope they do). Their strategy of defending the opposition to death means an easy 12 points in the bank for us. “It’s my goal to lead the league in 4 minute roughing things” -Scott Gomez

19. boy from school says:

thanks for posting this stu.

although i’m definitely a big fan of the montreal canadiens, i’m a fan of hockey and more specifically, the nhl.

i also like to know about the teams in our conference and particularly in our division. the big picture as it were. to know the canadiens as well as possible is to know the way they fit into the greater whole of the nhl.

plus even if you hate the leafs for some reason, its better to know them inside out so you can dismantle them when in argument form.

also its pretty easy to just not read and not click if you don’t want to. its not like its wasting any paper or anything – this is the internet.

20. Danno says:

Or how about Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

21. Storm Man says:

I have only one thing to say Stu………. Booooooooooooooo.

22. Bill J says:

There is a “bit” of Habs related news in this thread.

Nazem Kadri was a VERY big Habs fan growing up.

But that’s where it stops.

23. Say Ash says:

Thanks for uniting us, Stu.

24. Say Ash says:

Ha! Kadri shows his stuff? Well, posters show Stu their stuff.

25. mike g says:

I think Stu is crying right now….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

26. bwoar says:

This is not a welcome addition to Habs I/O.  Honestly, we have TSN to “educate” us on the Leafs.  Stu, please write something on the Habs if you want to post it here.  Really, it’s kinda poor form – we come here to talk Habs hockey.  If I wanna read the NYT Slapshot blog, I’ll go there, thank you.

27. Danno says:

Stu, this business of filing a story on the Leafs…

Are you just trying to raise our hackles? :-)

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

28. Habs fan in SF says:

for a minute i thought this was Leafs inside/out

29. Propwash says:

As Stu said, “know your enemy”

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

30. Thomas Le Fan says:

I think the Leafs must actually like to wreck young prospects. Don’t they realize that it’s likely quite different to start as a 19 year old in places like Long Island and Tampa Bay? Personally, I hope young Kadri makes it and becomes a role model for young muslim men everywhere. Beats many of the alternatives.

Stu Hackle….Do you want a name tag for the Summit.? So people might know who you be!

If you are going to make it, leave comment on the summit page.

32. J Haul says:

“Temporarily out of stock”.. haha

33. Danno says:

I see there’s a sea of C’s for fans with Gionta sweaters

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

34. Say Ash says:

Note to Stu: Head on a swivel!

35. davecessna says:

Mr Hackel, no disrespect, but this blog is called Habs Inside/Out for a reason.

36. Say Ash says:

Kadri’s TOI and linemates were?

37. mike g says:

Eaxctly….

they shot him with Kessel and Bozak, over 17 minutes of icetime, and over 7 minutes of PP time.

No kidding he had a good game. Like I said earlier, anyone with limited NHL talent could have caught that bone.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

38. J Haul says:

No offense Stu, I know you’re the new guy, but we get enough leafs garbage on TSN. We don’t need to be smothered with Kadri crap on i/o too.

edit: I’d like to add that I typically do really enjoy your reads. I’m just fed up with having this kid shoved in my face (I live in the GTA).

edit #2: I’m aware that we do occasionally get interesting stories from around the league on i/o. However, those stories are usually sandwiched into a big post containing lots of stuff. Perhaps the fact that a single leafs story is getting top billing on this site is what’s drawing the ire of i/o patrons.

39. SeriousFan09 says:

Only other 2 forwards that night who had over 7 minutes of PP time were Kessel and Bozak, I wonder if that helped him get some points with nearly half of his TOI being PP time.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

40. Mr.Hazard says:

Typical Burke/Wilson

41. Mr Dobby says:

I’m with Haul.

FYI, they have a like 10 foot picture of Kadri in the Leafs media room, he has never played on NHL game yet and he’s like the Saviour. Poor kid is gonna have a rough year I think.

42. SeriousFan09 says:

They put up that picture and than said they didn’t want to create a sense of entitlement for their players. If my ex were to show up on my doorstep and offer guilt-free relations, than ask to move in with me in the morning, it would be round about that level of mixed signals.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

43. mike g says:

Well, what can you do?..

They like to display their continuous failiures for all to see….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

44. SeriousFan09 says:

Max Lapierre notched a hat trick from the 3rd line in 08-09 against Florida and Matt Darche had a 2-goal game last season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

45. mike g says:

Exactomundo…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

46. Say Ash says:

Yeah, somebody brought it up earlier. BTW, you should have made the list on the previous page and “Eaxctly” is pretty funny.

47. mike g says:

Me scuzi, EXACTLY..lol..

But which list?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

48. docketrocket says:

Do we really need a Leaf blog here?

49. avatar_58 says:

The habs traded for Kadri?

50. seadog says:

LEAFS      losers even after forty seasons

Fan Summit Updates–Click on Summit side bar or link below

everyone is welcome to join us, check out the itinerary and come on down!

52. Keith says:

Yeah, I’m with everybody else. Why in HELL is this laff GARBAGE on HIO? If I wanted to read about the laffs I’d go to TSN or CBC as they are always sucking up (more like sucking off) to them. I don’t know if I like this Hackel guy. If he keeps it up he may be facing a lynch mob.

laffs=BLECH

53. Kristopher7 says:

That we could care less about Leafs articles.

54. fbkj says:

stu… what did we learn today…

55. dhenry1234 says:

Rules of HIO regarding the leafs:
    No leafs news EVER unless its to laugh at a loss.

imo

56. fbkj says:

im sorry Kristopher but is your name stu >:(

shhhhh (you get a sticker)