Kaberle, birthday boy Price and bride Duff

So Tomas Kaberle is still a Toronto Maple Leaf. How many of you stayed up past midnight to see whether he’d be traded, or whether his no-trade clause would again kick in? (Where’s Mats Sundin in all of this?)

Evidently, Canadiens goalie Carey Price didn’t sparkle in a team calf-roping event in Chilliwack. Price turns 23 today, by the way.

And if Hilary Duff hadn’t married Mike Comrie, but instead wed the Windsor Star’s Bob Duff, or even NHL Hall of Famer Dick Duff, she’d be Hilary Duff-Duff.

Yes, it’s a slow morning at HIO…

1. Aaron13 says:

If you tell them you’re a teacher, you’ll get a big discount. Then again with 75 tickets…I empathize with you.

2. K-hab25 says:

Troll – An internet slang for someone who posts inflammatory (Price sucks), extraneous (price pics), off topic messages (price drinks and smokes), with the intent to draw others into a desired emotional response. You sir, are a Troll, the A-troll to be exact!!

3. sholi2000.com says:

I would like to know why you go out of your way not to support one of the Canadiens most talented players.

I’d give anything to have a quarter of Carey’s talents.  Can you imagine playing hockey for the greatest franchise of all time, and the hardest position?

I just marvel every time I see him on the ice.  The kid has a very promising career in the NHL.

The reason people call you a troll is simple.  You go out of your way to encourage a fight online.  Why else would someone day after day voice the same old tired opinion.  We heard it once.  That’s enough.  Most disagree with it, and majority rules.

Looking forward to hearing you voice that opinion at the Summit in November, as we watch our beloved Canadiens.  Hope to see you there Adam.  Are you flying or driving?

They Call Me Shane

4. ZepFan2 says:

Yup, you know for a fact those horses loved what they were doing. You must be the Horse whisperer!

Btw, some of those horses were hauling chuckwagons. They must looooove doing that.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

5. Say Ash says:

Ah, I KNEW those pointy teeth in my mouth were there for something.

6. SLONCOLD says:

i eat 2 steaks before every hockey game to make up for it though :-)

7. K-hab25 says:

Troll – An internet slang for someone who posts inflammatory (Price sucks), extraneous (Price pics), or off topic messages (smokes and drinks), with the intent to draw others into a desired emotional response. You sir, are a Troll, the A-troll to be exact.

8. ZepFan2 says:

We’ve already established that you’re an idiot.

Now go find a dog and beat it, Hero.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

9. SLONCOLD says:

alright… can we just call you a j@ck@ss then? because the bash price thing is getting really old dude….

10. JIMVINNY says:

Your second sentence is correct.  That being said, you more than satisfy the definition of a troll.  The vast majority of your posts are designed primarily to incite rabid anti-price sentiment.  Hence, you are a troll.

11. nightmare_49 says:

Kukla’s Korner has announced that they will have a Habs blogger come September – ‘The Upper Canadien’  ………….  Now it’s time for our new blogger to promote their stuff.

Hi everybody, I’m excited and humbled to be writing here for Kukla’s Korner starting this fall. A longtime hockey fan who has always dabbled in writing, I look forward to providing my thoughts and opinions on the goings-on in today’s NHL. While I plan on contributing a couple of pieces a week, I endeavour to provide up to date commentary when stories are breaking, both league wide and specific to the Montreal Canadiens. While my columns will often focus on the Habs, I will also be providing pieces on the NHL and adding a “News & Notes” section to most of my articles. Without further ado…

Habs chances in 2010-2011, News & Notes

12. Tharsis says:

you are correct, however there really is no confusion when it comes to you…is there? ;)

———————————-

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

13. Say Ash says:

strictly out of respect for the animals, of course

14. JIMVINNY says:

Even that quote is inaccurate.  There are countless examples of animals in the wild performing acts of cruelty.  The two lions represented in “the ghost and the darkness” were based on two lions that killed not for the sake of eating, but because they enjoyed it.

I think it’s one of those situations where once an animal (humans included) learns to be cruel, it’s not easily un-learned.  We as humans have the avenues to teach both sides of the equation, but for wild animals, while it may be more difficult for them to learn cruelty, they sure aren’t going to unlearn it too easily.

15. adam76 says:

You folks really need to learn the definition of the term “Troll”.  You can’t toss out the troll word because someone has a different point of view.

16. K-hab25 says:

Hey!!! Keep your facts out of this buddy!! :-)

17. g says:

People… Focus. I need two specific pictures

“Long before I ever wore the jersey, I wore the jersey.” Dryden

18. TorontoHabsFan says:

thank you, thank you very much! You’re too kind!

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Insurance shopping is madness at times, since I now live in Ontario officially I have to switch to their insurance O I went looking for quotes and I got…

4400$ a year with RBC Insurance

About 3800$ with All State

TD? 2500$! Suffice to say, I went with TD.

I am pretty sure when I was getting my quotes from the first two companies I didn’t mention I was in to stock car racing and had 75 traffic violations.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

20. SLONCOLD says:

ya cause fish and chickens deserve to die

21. SLONCOLD says:

pads are all synthetic now :-(

22. JIMVINNY says:

All this whining about Horses dying at the Stampede is crap.  I was there watching as one of the outrider horses came up lame and had to be put down.  These are thoroughbred race horses we’re taking about, an animal that lives to run.  Well, it got hurt, doing what it loves to do.  It was put down for good reason, because a horse like that will NOT stay off of it’s leg long enough to heal properly.

So spare them your sympathy.  If only we could all die doing something we live for.

23. K-hab25 says:

Well you’re a good guy Zep, but I think we’ll agree to disagree. Animals die everyday in the wild, just like captivity. Again I don’t fret much, unless the intent was cruel. Human beings live in inhumane conditions all over the world and to be honest I don’t think about it alot. So I definitely do not spend time thinking about animals in a similar situation. More power to you if you want to be an activist, thats your right. I just don’t feel that strongly about it.

24. adam76 says:

I did say ABOVE:)

25. ZepFan2 says:

My suggestion, learn how to read.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

26. G-Man says:

1. when I was a kid, yes. Now, insult away (17 yrs brings humility)

2. Depends on the person giving their opinion.

3.  I say “they.” I am a fan, not a part of the team.

4. I feel good when they win, but no, the team’s success isn’t mine. I enjoy their success.

5. No embarrassment. It’s not about me. However, when Houle was hired with Tremblay, I was embarrassed for them as I knew how it would turn out.