Jarvis joins Bruins staff

Doug Jarvis, who was dropped from the Canadiens coaching staff after Jacques Martin became the head coach, has been hired as an assistant coach by the Boston Bruins.

Jarvis will replace Craig Ramsay, who left the Bruins to become head coach of the Atlanta Thrashers. Jarvis spent three seasons with the Canadiens, including working under Bruins head coach Claude Julien. He sat out last season but was being paid by the Canadiens.

Jarvis played 13 seasons in the NHL and was part of four Stanley Cup champion teams in Montreal. He won the Selke Trophy as the top defensive forward in 1984 with the Canadiens and the Masterton Trophy for dedication to the game while playing for Hartford in 1987.

• Are you counting the hours till the Heritage Classic? Love the Flames jersey. Where they playing the game, Ronald McDonald House?

1. The Teacher says:

Hey Ian, priority posted it today, they said you’d get it by 5 today. Can you let me know if all was satisfactory?

2. Storm Man says:

Eliisa, I wish the Jerseys has something else to offer us fans also. As for tickets a Lottery would suck but I think Flames season ticket holders would get first shot at tickets. Patience is never a strong suit for any Habs fan :)

3. Bugs says:

Again, you argue in extremes, Kabbie.

Because I said trading Halak was a mistake, that didn’t imply the Priceberg was a failure. YOU created that part in order to paint me as a radical, and by that token, present yourself as more level-headed.

Never said Price was a failure. Ever.

That’s Fail num1. Fail num2 has you ADAPTING your point to pursue the argument but you didn’t think it through properly. It was evident when I mocked those who say “why didn’t we get this guy; can’t believe the Habs management let him get away”, I was referring to ANY guy. When you retorted by saying I was into the “we traded the wrong guy posts”, you were referring to ONE guy. The guy I made SURE to detail the reasons for keeping, as opposed to posters who cry just to cry about not having 437 people behind the bench. No relation at all to my mockery.

I don’t know what I said or did to you, Kabbie, but I guess it musta been one hell of a surgical strike of wit to have you keep comin at me like this, so two things. A) Sorry about that, and B) It don’t mean nuthin.

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

4. Puck Bard says:

Your censoring” Ass”? Seriously? Kick Ass is the name of a movie. Even The Gazette is ok with printing the title:

Can we show some good discretion and judgement here?

Yes Showey

6. G-Man says:

The word is “goad”. If you wanted to goat him, you would be Goatier.

7. Clay4bc says:

You may have said your “piece”, but not in “peace”.

BTW…trading Halak was a mistake.

Carey Price killed my dog.

Trackbacks for this post