Jaro is back … for a visit

Jaroslav Halak will be at the Fairview shopping centre in suburban Pointe Claire this Saturday afternoon between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

Jaro will be autographing 8×10 photos (in his Blues jersey?) for $20, with all proceeds to the Ste. Justine children’s hospital.

Speaking of signatures, do you suppose Carey Price will have signed by the time Jaro is greeted by his adoring fans?

And any suggestion that agent Allan “Let’s See What I Can Tweet to F— With Price’s Head” Walsh arranged this show to embarrass the Canadiens is purely paranoid speculation.

Sam Gagner re-ups for two years with the Oilers, and Lee Stempniak stays in Phoenix.

From Allan Muir’s mailbag in SI:

Sergei Kostitsyn in Nashville: bargain of the offseason or disaster in the making?
– Helen Stakitch, Tenn

Look, when the adjective most commonly associated with a player is “enigmatic,” it’s probably best to put your head between your knees and prepare for a rough landing. No one denies that Kostitsyn has the talent to be a productive second-line forward in the NHL. He has the skill set to chip in 20 goals and 60 points if he puts his mind to it. But what evidence is there that he will?

Some will point to his no-risk contract (one year, $550,000). If he was in it for the fat stacks, he could have piled up a lot more rubles in the KHL, so maybe he’s serious about getting his head right. And I’ve learned never to underestimate what Barry Trotz can accomplish. If there are five coaches capable of getting Kostitsyn to focus, Trotz is one of ‘em.

Hey, I like the signing. A team that needed an offensive injection at a bargain price took a chance and slapped a sweater on a player who fits the bill. But the best predictor of future behavior is past action…and we’ve all seen plenty of Kostitsyn’s selfish, mercurial play. If I had to bet, I’d put money on him wearing a different jersey after the end of this deal.

1. KGB_AKA4787 says:

P.K Subban was at Sport Rousseau off the 440 signing autographs saturday, pretty beefed up kid for his age, got my P.K shirt signed waited about 45min, worth it took a nice pic with him too !!

anybody else get a chane to go?

Go Habs Go

2. volcano62 says:

The same Halak that single handedly defeated the #1 team in the east and the defending stanley cup champions. THAT GUY!

3. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

So this is THE BIG news Allan Walsh was talking about??

This is BIG news? I thought he was going to be named the captain or get married or something. Now that’s BIG news!

Allan Walsh, get a life!

And I wish I was in Montreal..I would love to meet Jaroslav Halak. From what I’ve heard, he’s one of the nicest people out there! Go Halak Go!

4. SensFanSpezza says:

Listen, I’ve played goal, and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw what Halak did in that series against the Caps.  It was pretty damn heroic as far as I’m concerned.  If Ottawa had a goalie like Halak, I’d hope the GM would be smart enough to keep him.  Unfortunately, they just have to keep looking I guess.

5. WarHero says:

Mmmmmmm …. sammiches!

————————————————————————

6. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Good post – Jaro is one of my favourite players. Cool like a cucumber haha.

7. observer says:

Re: “I cheer for the team that would be all 20 players that wear the jersey” — so if gauthier traded the entire first 20 of the habs to the leafs for their first 20 you would still cheer for gauthier’s new team?

8. K-hab25 says:

You know Jaro aswell as you do Carey. That is to say, not at all. So spare me your “Jaro is beyond reproach” stuff. It’s funny how people pretend to “know” sports stars and celebrities. I remember this guy Orenthal James Simpson, who was loved by everyone. Not one person thought anything but good thoughts about him. Till the day he murdered his ex-wife and the waiter dropping off her glasses. Stick to what they do on the ice, because we have no idea what they do off it. Let alone, know that they’re “beyond reproach”, which no one is.

9. Fansincebirth says:

“Drinking rye and playing on his horse”

Sounds like a country song to me :o)

10. Xtrahabsfan says:

He was the Man  and the torch has been passed to Carey………This  will be interesting to say the least?

11. adam76 says:

It say alot about his character.  Coming back to see the fans he loved, and to donate all the proceeds to a Montreal based charity.

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Ever thought of setting up your own blog? Your stuff is pretty consistently entertaining.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. K-hab25 says:

Around here winning cups is all that matters. No wonder you think Halak is a hero!!

14. LA Loyalist says:

I’m a capable enough horseman (I’ve owned a fairly expensive horse) to know that they are ALL mercurial and moody and even experienced guys have to be careful.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

15. adam76 says:

It will, once the team starts 3 and 12.

16. Storm Man says:

Adam you the one with the mancrush. I like the fact you always have pics up of the one you love.

17. adam76 says:

You are correct – minus the horse bit.

18. volcano62 says:

Same here……It hasn’t sunk in yet that he is gone.

19. Tag says:

“do you know for a fact Price is not doing a traditional training regime? To quote you in a post below, the burden of proof is on you”.

Disagree.

We’re not talking about a court of law, but the court of public opinion. The “burden of proof” is on the guy who wants to improve his bad image.

20. Storm Man says:

Sounds like what you did all summer Adam.

21. Xtrahabsfan says:

To Jaro Halak….Thank -you FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE in your short stay in Montreal and thank-you for giving us HOPE as C.H. fans. You we’re AWSOME  and you continue to be A great guy with your actions in the last couple of day’s….again thank-you and have a great year.

22. adam76 says:

Naaa – hes too busy drinking rye and playing on his horse.

23. adam76 says:

He is blinded by lust for his “boy”.

24. jimmy shaker says:

Will Carey be there waiting in line for Jaro’s autograph?  Just joking everyone, relax!  Had to chime in on a topic on here at least once or twice this summer!

Shaker

25. K-hab25 says:

This is Montreal, not Ottawa!! Going 9-9 in the playoffs doesn’t make you a hero in this neck of the woods. Hell Ray Emery did better 3 years ago, is he your hero?

26. CBrady12 says:

ok kiddo sure you did

27. nickster13 says:

I’ll be there personally thanking him for getting non hockey fans all across this city knowing who he was, i still cant believe we traded him

28. Storm Man says:

Don’t waste you time on him. It goes in one end and out the next.

29. RGM says:

Research. Do it.

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

30. Tag says:

Maybe…until he loses one, then he’s back to square one.

Without addressing how he’s perceived by the public, he’d need to be top 5 in terms of regular season stats and lead the Habs to a cup appearance to completely reverse his image, in my opinion, which is highly unrealistic.

Better to just do some charity work and make public his training regimen… :-)

31. Storm Man says:

Sensfan I see your lost. You have no clue do you. I can tell by the team you cheer for, This is nothing more than Allan Walsh stirring the pot in Montreal. H-word can make a donation anytime he wants and hope he does the same in St.Louis also. As for so called fans you win first place.

32. JD_ says:

* Pretty certain Paul Kariya won’t be comin’ back. Like Peter Forsberg who, although hintin’ at retirement, is not yet retired, Kariya’s passion for the game is makin’ it difficult to walk away despite post-concussion syndrome and gimpy hips. A smallish guy who was hacked away at like a pinata at an anger management seminar, he still managed to pot 989 points in 989 games. I remember Kariya bein’ a really well-grounded kid when he was drafted, a reflection of his thoughtful parents, both of them schoolteachers. Also recall when the NHLPA kinda used him to get under Disney CEO Michael Eisner’s skin, which chewed up more than its fair share of headlines back in the day.

* Mario Tremblay after bein’ asked by the Gazette’s Stu Cowan to opine about his days behind the Habs’ bench and the disastrous feud that saw Patrick Roy traded away for jack squat, “I don’t have any regrets at all,” later addin’ that, since his return to Montreal, “I haven’t heard a bad comment yet.” That Mario, what a kidder. And I thought Antti Niemi’s agent, Bill Zito, was self-deludin’. With those kinda hallucinatory chops, Tremblay should take over the Niemi file, put a call into Buffalo GM Darcy Regier, and tell him he knows a kid who’s poised to hand Miller a one-way ticket to Portland.

* Seriously, Mario, just put yer ego in check for five minutes and throw a bone to the fans still dismayed by what went down. Do it for your own sake, if that makes it easier. There is absolutely nothin’ to be gained by pretendin’ you didn’t handcuff an already weak negotiator by publicly humiliatin’ Roy, an equally egotistical guy who, despite havin’ a career that makes yours look like a footnote, has already expressed his own regrets about that dark event. C’mon, dude, it’s called closure.

* Speakin’ of buffoons settin’ themselves up for a fall, a few of days ago at the conclusion of the Molson Canadian Hockey Boondoggle in T.O., Loafs GM Brian Burke opined on Frantisek Kaberle’s recent, controversial comments regardin’ both Loafs head coach Ron Wilson’s coachin’ style, as well as his son Tomas’ future status with the organzation, “He’s [Frantisek] entitled to his opinion, but Tomas has never expressed any of that to me. I’ve really avoided accelerating the discussion.” I really dig that last sentence. It just drips with the kind of barely controlled rage I’d expect Dr. Hannibal Lecter to express were he the Loafs GM and Kaberle Sr. had just crapped all over his bed.

* And speakin’ of Loaf GMs, caught former wunderkind, Gord Stellick, who managed the Mopey Loafs for about as long as it takes to say “Harold Ballard”, on TV the other day. Gord was presidin’ over an international symposium on the future of amateur sport initiatives in developing nations. Nah, the Gordster was just schleppin’ some diet thingy called Liquid Magic. I’d say how the mighty have fallen, but this smacks more of how the mediocre have oozed.

* Carey Price hasn’t signed™. In other news, Treasury Board President Stockwell “Jet Ski” Day has let it be known that although Ottawa won’t be coughin’ up any cash to help Quebec City’s bid to land an NHL franchise, it is not rulin’ out the prospect of helpin’ fund a new professional-calibre arena in Quebec City. See, it won’t be an NHL arena, just a professional-calibre arena, you know, for teams in the Professional Calibre Hockey League (PCHL). If Day straddles his competin’ constituents any further, he risks rupturin’ his gonads. Whatever it takes to get the ‘Diques back is all good.

33. adam76 says:

So Halak, who is not longer with the organization has done more charity work for the city of Montreal then most of our roster.

34. Jordio-oh says:

You ask me why i’m hating on halak and you go on to use quotations to describe Carey as a goaltended and then you even highlight that you’ve done it with a bracketed note.

so much ridiculousness. I find it amusing.

And for the record, i didn’t hate halak. And i still don’t.

35. volcano62 says:

By December Auld will be our starting goalie.

36. volcano62 says:

Another big news: Price gone to KHL and Habs sign Niemi.

37. volcano62 says:

No worries Halak realized after the playoffs were over that he was the heart of the city and team for awhile.

38. Slovak says:

Another big news: Mr. PR-ICE will be signing 3x2m benches all over Montreal… :-)

39. volcano62 says:

LOL bargain bin with Theo and Thibault hahahaha

40. volcano62 says:

Why the hate? Halak wanted to stay. You should hate our other “goalie” (please notice the quotation marks) that has not signed yet for whatever rediculous reasons.

41. SensFanSpezza says:

Holy classless!  The guy was a hero three months ago, now he gets traded and you won’t say his name?  Halak’s coming to say thanks for the support and make a donation to a kids hospital.  I hope the people who do go out to see him are bit higher quality than the so called fans who won’t speak his name now.

42. Jordio-oh says:

Hopefully he’ll bring T.J Oshie and Alexander Steen so you can get their autographs too!

43. JD_ says:

Whoa there.

Jason Spezza is most certainly a douche of the highest order, but he has yet to achieve full douchemaster status. He’s only 27 and has years, years, of doucheness ahead of him.

44. volcano62 says:

Awesome! I’ll be there!

45. Psycho29 says:

Wecome back Mr.Boone….as you see things haven’t changed here….same old trolls….

46. mike g says:

A Leafs fan..

They know everything that’s laughable.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

47. mike g says:

A Leafs fan..

They know everything that’s laughable.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

48. Storm Man says:

I can’t wait for Latendresse and SK to do a day of signing photos. I wonder why the H-Word would not be doing this in St.Louis ? I guess only a handfull of people would have showed up.

49. habstrinifan says:

Good explanation of his PR problem.

50. notbigbird says:

I think he’s preferrable to the minders on brother’s team.

51. SensFanSpezza says:

Who really knows who their team’s goalies will be two years from now?  If you asked Habs fans after the playoffs, I’m sure a lot of them would have said Halak was a lock to stick around.  You think Price is the future, but he’s not signed yet and when he is, it probably won’t be for longer than the two year window you’re talking about.  Hey, I think I’ve got every right to make goalie jokes.  Who knows laughable goaltending better than a Sens fan?  :)

52. notbigbird says:

double – sorry

53. habstrinifan says:

He’s signing blue’s jerseys.

54. mike g says:

Like the Leclaire, Elliot, Emery, Hasek,  and Lalime one’s?

Or like the Brian Murray photos, the only way you can hide his annoying lisp because the picture has no audio?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

55. RGM says:

We have Rollie Melanson to thank for the increase in Price’s use of the butterfly. Hopefully that’ll get ironed out of the system. Instead of predicting such wonderful ideas as “the Habs slip into the Laffs mode” why not instead believe in the hope and promise that his potential offers, as well as in the team’s ability to come together and be something a little more than a supplier of lottery picks to division rivals?
    —————————————–
    Josh Gorges for Captain!

56. JD_ says:

That’s just about a one-minute drive from my house. You can’t miss it.

Who wants to come over for sammiches after gettin’ the goods?

57. SeriousFan09 says:

You can start with the jokes about goaltending when your team knows who your goalies will be 2 years from now other than a description of ‘two guys with goalie equipment’.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

58. Bill J says:

WTF are you talking about ?

The more I see you post the more I read your name as being

nonocanadien… (IE idiotcanadien in English)

59. RGM says:

“If the best predictor of future behaviour is past action…blah blah blah”

It isn’t.

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

60. SensFanSpezza says:

He’s not so bad when you get to know him. ;)

61. SensFanSpezza says:

Don’t waste the gas.  You can get those pictures for free two seasons from now.

62. SeriousFan09 says:

Sorry what was that? I was just counting all the fake Stanley Cup banners in your arena and the scratching-my-own-back, useless and meaningless Division and Conference Champion banners you’ve got up there.

Hang a Stanley Cup banner your team actually won or don’t put anything up there for team accomplishments.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

63. mike g says:

Hey, it’s Monday…

Why don’t ya relax a little. Ur favorite player is the biggest douche in NHL history.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMxJzdVYtXY&feature=related

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

64. Mark says:

At least we don’t have to resort to ancient history texts to remind us of the last time we won something.

65. SensFanSpezza says:

Well, I grew up cheering for the Habs, so I still wish them well.  But I’m kind of obliged to cheer for the Sens these days.  And, I guess making the Finals is better than not.

66. nunacanadien says:

The Montreal media for manufacturing a star out of a loser like Carey Price.

67. SeriousFan09 says:

This is something we already knew in MTL no less.

At least he’s showing up live, would’ve sucked if he had shown up dead, much harder to get autographs.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

68. mike g says:

Will it be an 8×10 photo of Carey Price?

If it is, I’m there.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

69. Tag says:

I agree Habstrinifan…I’ve been feeling bad for Carey Price myself.

Price is in dire need of some good PR advice/guidance. For the record, I support Price and hope he does really well. That being said, the public’s perception of him (whether this is accurate or not is irrelevant – it’s how he is perceived) is generally pretty bad and not just for the  “tinfoil hat, evil monkey in the bedroom closet” crowd …

The result of this “bad image” is tons of extra pressure placed on a kid who already is carrying tons of pressure.

So if he doesn’t start the season 5-0 (or whatever you think will reverse this bad image), he’ll be the scapegoat that much quicker.

If I’m Price’s agent, I make sure Price’s signing is announced by the end of this week. I’m also calling in a favor with a journalist I trust and putting out a “Carey’s Off Season Training Regimen” piece. The only image the public has of Price this summer is one of him on a horse. Bad PR…..

70. fuhgawz says:

? has yours or am i missing your point to Ian

71. Harani says:

The big news is here: Jaroslav Halak will be appearing live at Fairview shopping Centre in Pointe Claire, Quebec this Saturday from 2:00pm-4:00pm. Jaro Halak will be signing 8×10 photos for $20. ALL PROCEEDS to be donated to Ste. Justine’s Hospital in Montreal.

I thought it was going to be something big.

72. nunacanadien says:

Carey will be good?  He’s had 3 years to do that already.  He’s like S Kosty in a different package.  Only diff is Carey doesn’t tell Bob to f*ck himself for playing Carey when Carey knows he’s not ready (remember the playoffs version 1, slightly more embarrasing than playoffs version 2 where you had Halak to save Price.  This compared to S. Kosty who told Bob to f*ck off for not using him enough.  I bet if S Kosty did that to the fans, he’d be gone just like that.

There are many teams stuck with a salary cap but you don’t see them throwing the good goalie away in return for no goalies (Dan Ellis and Ramo)….

73. SensFanSpezza says:

Maybe that’s why your team never wins anything.

With all due respect “Sens fan” anyone who’s favourite player is Jason Spezza, is in for a much larger disappointment my friend.

He has matured some over the past bunch of years I will give you that. But he would be the last player I would pick for a team mate in any team sport.

75. nunacanadien says:

Isn’t that funny?  Gainey’s horse, a thoroughbred, riding other horses…….

76. nunacanadien says:

I agree, when I saw the preseason game in Vancouver, K.Bieksa would be a natural fit with Gorges and Gill.  He’d be the one two knock out bunch to Boyd’s style.  Trade Price for Bieksa, BC would love their own son, and Montreal needs to lose badly for one year so we can get into a good draft position.  Heck why win a few and finish 8th every year?  If your going to suck, at least suck badly, enough of this shooting for 8th spot Gainey style.

77. W35T5ID3 says:

I hear the habs are the frontrunners in landing K.Bieksa from Vancouver.But i suppose these things never really come to fruition and lack credibility …these rumors and all.My question is…..who would we give up as the bieksa salary would push us over and the the nucks are looking to shed salary…so they really dont want to be taking on a whole lot.I’d love to see bieksa in the backend for the habs.He’s something this club lacks.A really tough hardnosed no nonsense dman who’ll go to war for the team fight…clear the net….hit….play tough with an edge and also score and offensively create as he has in the past.He’s a keeper.He’s ready to flourish in the NHL…ive watched him in Canuckland for a many years now.But anywho……now im just ramblin’ on…..

………………MAN im totally going thru hockey withdrawal….and im getting the shakes…..4real…..

Drop the friggin puck already!

78. nunacanadien says:

I disagree, Price won’t change, Auld is too old to be the next Halak, and we haven’t made any good defensive acquisitions to make up for losing Halak.  Last year the Habs made a splash with Halak, all they had wrong with them last year were injuries.  Imagine if Gauthier had not tampered with last year’s team, it would probably gel and become a cup contender.  Alas, next year the St. Louis Blues will win the cup under Jaro Halak.

79. B says:

Montreal will absolutely finish top 6 in their division :)
    As for top 6 in the conference, they were only 3 points behind 6th place Boston last season so top 6 in the conference is not that big of a step up for them. Top 6 in the league does not seem very likely for a team that finished 19th in the league overall last season (it would be great and fun to see, but I would not bet the house on it).

80. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I’d rather ‘suck’ and finish 8th and make it to the conferance finals than finish 1st and get ousted in the first round Tony!

81. matraque says:

When will Price stop fooling around and sign?

This is getting stupid….

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

82. adam76 says:

9 times more likely to cause injury then riding a bike.  Its a risky behavior that the organization should have not allowed.

83. punkster says:

The bullies, trolls and wingnuts are just flexing their pea-sized brains. Sort of a pre-season training session or camp. There’ll be the usual culling of the herd with the better ones graduating to trash taking the Habs during pre-season game blogs. Once the regular season begins only the elite jackasses will be left. You know, guys like you and me.

FREE TIMO!

84. TOEmastro says:

Was away for most of the summer. I come back and find that Timo has indeed been booted (of just fed up of the summer time shenanigans) and that everyone is far more irate than usual… go figure

85. TOEmastro says:

I’m sure that all of us that have been here for 2+ years can all fit into the role once in a while

86. showey47 says:

Just looking down at some of the comments just makes me think that it’s pretty sad when it has to come down to complaining about a guy because he rode a horse.

87. showey47 says:

LMFAO,yeah thats true.

88. punkster says:

I almost forgot the head JA. Sorry Bill ;)

Some weird punch being served out there today.

FREE TIMO!

89. Bill J says:

Me the Head JA ? – you flatter me too much.

I think Bugs still owns that title…. At least self imposed anyways…. ;)

lol

90. Exit716 says:

Is Lou related to Warren Cromartie?

91. RGM says:

Weekly update on Carey’s BCRA standings:
    Open Team Roping – Heelers
    1. Willee Twan – 310
    2. Ty Lytton – 260
    3. Lance Muehlen – 140
    4. Carey Price – 100

#8 Team Roping – Heelers
    1. Carey Price – 170
    2. Lou Cromarty – 150
    3. Erin Reed – 100
    4. Chad Braaten – 100

Now you know.

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

92. Number31 says:

If Price decided to leave hockey to become a rodeo star, he’d be on Versus more than any hockey ;)

93. Bugs says:

The Trifecta got me zapped! I knew that by teaming up, they would form a terrible trio, but dang, that was quick!

What about the beautiful McMaster? Why did she have to die???

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

94. Storm Man says:

The trifecta Bugs,Adam76 and Slovak. Im happy you got something right today.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

95. adam76 says:

Jokes on you sad little douchebags, I`m STILL drunk.

96. adam76 says:

So because he feels keeping Price was an error – hes a pathetic excuse for a human being?

97. keepthefaith says:

Making that statement and then having Go Habs Go as your signature may qualify as an oxymoron.  If i knew what that was.  But the moron part is right

98. volcano62 says:

I am shocked that you are not smart enough to realise that I am a Habs fan and NOT a Carey Price fan. I didn’t like him since the beginning. When he embarrased himself at the all star game that was the final straw.

And let me remind you this is a Habs fan site, NOT a Carey Price site. I love the team but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with their bone head decisions they sometimes make.

Does that clear things up oxymoron?

99. Bill J says:

You are one pathetic excuse for a Hab fan.  Let alone human being.

Does that clear things up donkey ?

BTW your stance on things is quite the oxymoron indeed.

100. Bill J says:

Yeah that’s why I said that!

Run along little boy, I am not in the mood to deal with you today.

101. Storm Man says:

He just got up from his nap. Adam had a hard day of drinking.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

102. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s Quebec, 18 is a suggestion.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

103. nunacanadien says:

Oh geeze, I wonder why the whole world is wondering why Gauthier got rid of Halak then?  I guess every sports commentator and every sports blogger worth their weight are also wondering why Gauthier got rid of Halak.  You don’t see TSN going, “It’s ok to trade Halak because they have Price”, nope you don’t here the Montreal Gazette going “Price is solid, we can trade Halak”….nope.  Instead you have this whole media thing going on, because hey, even the media as stupid as they can be, know a winner when they see one, and Halak and not Price was working hard and earned his spot to become a winner the last couple of seasons.

104. Sith says:

I know this will help raise money for the hospital and all, but I think he shouldn’t come. RDS drones will be covering Jaro’s every move, and action. ”belle signature”

Then they’ll bring up Carey Price in all of this.. oops, hes not signed yet. Yayy, more Price hate, more dummies flooding the interweb with their theories on why he should just change his name to Halak so you’ll leave him alone. Seriously.

105. Storm Man says:

I guess you win. I see now you live in a fantasy world, you have the patent on that.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

106. Storm Man says:

ROFLMAO you are out to lunch. You can say on here that Slovak is diplomatic? BTW how did your team from France do? your a funny guy. I hope you go and pick fights with someone else as I am way above you when it comes to sports. Gilles you are a funny little man.

107. Bugs says:

…nyou nyave nye patent nyon dat…(scoff)

Good comeback. What are you, eleven? C’mon.

Kid, honestly, don’t wanna be mean, but please, learn to argue.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

108. Storm Man says:

The views you have are funny. The fact is you’re irrelevant keep enjoying your fantasy world that you live in.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

109. Storm Man says:

I have class something you fall short of. I only argue with people who don’t lie. Case closed.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

110. Bugs says:

The Trifecta term I allude to (and which you copy, unable to come up with new material yourself) is one made up of posters who jump all over me not with rebuttals, but for the sole purpose of soothing their pride for my having dashed one of their arguments in the past.

I wonder how yours is defined.

I don’t know Adam all that well, but I know Slovie. A nicer, gentler more polite poster on this site, you will be hard-pressed to find. Certainly more diplomatic than myself. How did HE destroy you? No way. He most probably argued something that you were unable to counter and for that, became immediately an object of your hate. If that’s the case (I don’t know; I wasn’t there), you should give’m another chance. Slovie is a real nice guy.

Pride never helps, Stormy; it always hurts.

Take for example this World Cup, when you were going to “teach me about soccer” as you would hockey. You completely bottled it. All my predictions came true except for the Final when the friggin squid beat me out. You, on the other hand, were wrong about ze Germans finishing top-4 and the carré d’as where you saw Brazil and Argentina instead of ze Germans and die Oranja as I did. You didn’t say ONE WORD to me. Wisely kept it shut after that. Did I say anything to you? Did I put that back in your face, mate? Did I make fun? Did I take the pi** outta you?

Cuz pride never helps.

Think it over.

And come up with your own stuff instead of copying me too.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

111. Bugs says:

No retort on Slovie, no retort on my Bleus. You recognize your fail. Good.

Didn’t pick the final four; picked the final EIGHT if you remember, and got everyone right except the final where the squid beat me.

“Halfway through”? You mean days before it started when I said ze Germans would be in the carré d’as because they’re ALWAYS in the carré d’as and you said I didn’t know soccer because if I did, I would realize that without Ballack et al, ze Germans would go nowhere? THAT “halfway through”? I see.

And because I didn’t get into an ESPN pool, my predictions, REGARDLESS of their exactitude have no merit? That’s how that works? Huh, how ’bout that… And of course, by that token, if I’m not in the HIO pool, finishing second in our office pool (in which we are 50, 10 more than BOTH your pools combined) is completely irrelevant, right? Of course it is.

And again, Stormy, when you use MY words, all you do is show everyone that you’re aware that they have more impact than whatever words you could use. Which only flatters me.

…i ran to my hole because i was afraid to join the hio pool…(scoff) beautiful.

Learn to argue, kid.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

112. Bugs says:

Saying that you have class yourself is totallly classless. Only others can say you have class. That’s another fail in your dossier.

And since you’ve been arguing , i.e., hounding me for months to salvage what pride I took from you in the past, you become a walking contradiction. Unless you mean that it is this penultimate post that CONTAINED these lies…which you don’t present. That’s another fail, I’m afraid, Stormy.

Someone lies, it’s easily refuted. And then you would have me over a barrel.

But you got nothing.

Again.

Remember what I said about pride, kid. It never helps. It only hurts.

So learn to argue. I’ll help. 1st rule: if you got nothing, don’t argue.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

113. Storm Man says:

I understand you have this special need to try and always be right. You say you have taking my pride? how so? I have had you over a barrel and stomped the tar out of you on here when you spin things and lie. Your like a kid in gym class who was always picked last for team sports, So now you have to blog about sports to make yourself feel good about who you are. Bugs in my eyes you are and always will be nothing but a tick who looks for attention on a chat site.

You are the EPIC FAIL.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

114. Storm Man says:

In your eyes only Bugs. The funny thing is in the WC I placed in the top 100 on ESPN on picking what teams would win ect and I did that before the event not like you did by jumping on here when it came to the final four saying your picks made it. I asked you to join both HIO fantasy leagues so you could show your GM skills, But you ran to your hole so you could hide. I hope one day your find to courage to make picks before the season starts so you don’t come on here midway saying I know that would happen ect ect. I do give you something you do make me LOL alot after reading your posts. As for the growing up part I think we both have growing to do in life.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

115. Bugs says:

Absolute fail, top to bottom.

Never said Slovie WAS diplomatic; said he was more diplomatic than me. Nuance.

My loving Les Bleus in no way diminishes the precision of my WC predictions and the total bottling of yours.

Calling me Gilles means what exactly? That I value my language and culture? Huh. You got me there. Good one.

“Above me when it comes to sports”??? I’ll take that senseless and puerile statement to mean that your knowledge of the intricacies of sports is superior to mine. That’s fine with me…kid. Opinions, like beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder, even immature beholders like yourself. So keep believing that if it gives you the courage to make a fool outta yourself in your replies to me (like your WC) and let no ACTUAL proof to the contrary (like my WC) get in the way of that.

But again, back to the point, once you learn to argue without your pride leading the charge, you may one day become a formidable poster. This will come as you get older, I guarantee it.

Until then, you’re only to make a mess of things as you have now.

Grow up, kid.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

116. Bugs says:

In other words: you got nothing?

Gotcha.

Rule 2: don’t allude to something you don’t know and use it as a supportive argument, like when I was picked in gym class for example. You don’t know; I know. And trust me, that’s funny.

(and it’s “you’re” when you wanna say “you are”, not “your”; consistently using “your” for “you’re” makes you look uneducated, which in turn makes you lose credibility no matter what you’re talkin about, you must agree)

Remembering our “discussions” the way you want is fine; that’s harmless. Calling me names is fine; it describes your character more than mine. And saying “in my eyes, you’re a such’n’such” is fine too, because that’s an opinion and not fact and everyone’s entitled to their opinion.

However, Rule 3: Capslocking a final putdown signature is weakness (disregarding its irrelevance). Calling me an “epic fail” woulda been enough and wouldn’t’ve have called attention to its plaintiveness. As a child does. (Again, this is disregarding the fact you don’t SUPPORT that complaint as I do when I EXPLAIN WHY a particular statement has failed).

I don’t mind you hating me because I’m beautiful, Stormy. Should just like to see some content when you tear in, that’s all.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

117. Storm Man says:

All this from someone who plays stuntman video games. Time for you to wake up from your hypnotic state and join the real world. Lead copy-boy at habsbros is about your speed.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

118. Bugs says:

“Plays stuntman video gameS”? You mean “played” THE video game Stuntman? That’s what you mean? That came out, what year, 2003? That’s what you mean? And I’m still in a hypnotic state over that game, have forfeited my conscienciousness in the real world, and so my views are irrelevant? That’s what you’re saying?

This is how you argue?

Woof, Stormy, man, ouch.

It’ll come, I guess. I just gotta be patient.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

119. volcano62 says:

Actually it’s time for Price to leave town. He is obviously not qualified to play for the BLEU BLANC ROUGE. (please check his stats the last two seasons) Maybe he can sign a full time contract to be a rodeo LOLLLLLL

120. Xtrahabsfan says:

Well there you have it ,last years hockey fan Carey Price loving hero’s to zero’s going at Halak again  and he’s not even on the frigging team ….it so stupid it’s pathetic…..Twenty game’s from now AstroPricecannots will be… a) even more fanatical or  …b) through shear embarrassment (a la S  Kostitsyn fans,lol) SILENT and licking wounds (unless they’re into Yoga).

I really hope Price gets it finally going  but as for some of his fans,well …they are  rude Lil weasels that need too take a step back and think before they banter cause they sounding more and more like a Japanese female volleyball team, just so non stop talk ..talk.. talk !
    This Price is God  and never can do wrong B.S. is f’d up and is gonna put more pressure on the Kid and that’s a shame cause management is already centered him out ….and we all know how the OLD Carey Price handles pressure,yikes!

121. sh00n says:

The absolute best part of this post is you just described Halak fans as well as you did Price fans. It works both ways, get over it.

122. Jordio-oh says:

is there something wrong with you? sometimes i wonder….

no one says Price is god, they’re just defending him against certain individuals who insist to bring him down. They’re not putting more pressure on him on at all. If Halak isn’t on the team anymore, why don’t you take your own advice and shut up about it.

I’m not even sure what to say, because i’m so confused about how totally moronic your post is. Leafs fans are totally ridiculous, but some fans on here make me wonder if habs fan are actually worse. I never thought so until the last 6 months on this site. It’s like the floodgates opened and welcomed in the galactically stupid. Having said all of that, i still enjoy this place, despite it all. Maybe I’m selfish when I wish that Chris still posted here, and the likes of TwoCents and 24cups were more frequent so i didn’t have to be upset that people like you existed.

123. Bill J says:

Put the bottle down.

And go for a long nap Stephen.

Or at least read all the goading by the Price bashers first.

When you come in blind like this and base your post on a few end of discussion posts… You just make yourself look like a complete <insert derogatory name here>

Let go of your anger dude, it’s ridiculous.

124. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I think some of the posters below are downright silly, as long as you don’t have to meet them in person. Halak probably agreed to do a charity event for the children in hospital before he got traded, and since he always seems a decent guy, he didn’t cancel. His autograph is worth something to the many fans who respect him for his accomplishments as a habs goalie for a couple of years. Whether or not Habs management did something stupid trading him has nothing to do with him honouring a commitment. Good on him.

Price had not made that commitment to that event (probably, at the time, he wasn’t the draw Halak was) so he can run around Alberta wrestling cows. It’s the kid’s vacation, and I’m sure he’ll give back to the community too when his ungulates in bondage phase is through. The next thing he signs’ll be a contract.

I would never compare Halak and Jacques Plante as goalies, but you know, Plante ended up as a Blue too. Was there any need to hate him for it? As a kid, I would have wanted his autograph no matter what sweater he wore, because of what he had done in our team’s sweater.

Halak was a key player on a team that looked like it was worth the sweater for the first time in a long time. Intelligent fans will always respect that, whatever business decisions were made after his playoff heroics. You meet a man who did that, you buy him a beer.

nuff said.

125. SnowManHabs85 says:

I’m betting Price would draw more people to his signing than Halak would. Why? Women, girls love Price, maybe not for his skills, maybe it has something to do with his looks. Maybe they’ll won’t respect him as much but he can sure bring in alot of girls with looks alone. My girlfriend doesn’t notices his plays when stopping the puck, all he see is Price’s facial features. I bet he brings it more revenue from women’s pockets too than any other player on our roster besides Gionta.

Hockey news is slow and here I am talking about a players looks. Drop the puck already!

126. observer says:

Just 23 days to go from now until Habs’ first pre-season game vs. Boston on Wednesday, September 22 at 7:30pm.

127. nunacanadien says:

I disagree, people come because they saw the humble heart behind Halak, and because he won games for his fans, who were also Habs fans, not necessarily Halak fans.

128. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Could be, but for whatever reason, he didn’t sign on for that event. He no doubt chose others.

You guys sound like Grade 8 girls around the bathroom mirror at school discussing who is popular. Do you even read your own postings?

Hopefully, Price will do the job expected of him this season, but it doesn’t diminish the fact fans owe Halak some respect for what he did in his short time as a backup and as number one.

129. nunacanadien says:

Hey Price had the same D-men as Halak, and they played just as hard for Price as Halak.  The only diff being the butterfly style of Price is well known now heck since Price’s second year where they figured him out at the Allstar game a couple of years back.  Now rookies, prospects, heck maybe even ringette players can now score on Price as the whole hockey world saw his weakness.

130. notbigbird says:

Boone’s back. All is right with the world or at least with HIO.

131. W35T5ID3 says:

…….in the words of Hacksaw Jim Duggan : “HHHHHHIoOOooOOOOoooooOoooOOOOOOOoo….”

132. Ed says:

Welcome back Boone. I hope that you had a great holiday. You deserve it, & will need it I’m sure, for what lies ahead.

The Senators’ Dr. Donald Chow was critically injured yesterday when his motorcycle collided with a car.

The first game I ever saw live was in 1978, when Montreal beat Detroit 5-1, & Lafleur scored his 59th & 60th. Now I have found a site where I can look at the summary of this game, as well as many others.

The game summary is here.

The site is here. Scroll down to the bottom to find summaries of regular & playoff games going way back.

133. nightmare_49 says:

Ed – Nice memories , Nick Libett #14 i presume, a hit from the past.

134. W35T5ID3 says:

Hey everyone my thoughts on the habs as of now is that we will be a very underestimated team and once again sorta like the underdogs again this upcoming season….just like the playoffs.1st in the east is now out of the question….well maybe a top 3…. seed is more within the realm of possibility.The single most biggest impact on this team i believe is not the ” lack of a halak” in nets…..nor the goaltending of price…..nor eller,boyd…..nor markov’s early season injury……….nor gomez….nor gio…nor cammy……—well,you get the picture.NONE of that….The biggest impact on this team and wether or not we succeed or fail is PK Subbans mark on this team and how he develops with the club as the future and probable captain,a few years down the road.His impact on this team i believe can be monumental.He’s as unique and dynamic as they come and he has the entire reportoire of skills in his arsenal.Future Norris trophy winner and eventual roookie of the year…..You can betcha your azz on that.

135. derfab says:

Habs will make a splash and have a good year in the standings (top 6), but will, unless reinforced by a big body or two, fade in the final sprint. The Olympic break will not be here to help Gomez, Gionta and Cammi rest up this time.

character is derfab destiny.

136. nightmare_49 says:

NHL deserves Olympic compensation  …  from Bruce Dowbiggin of the Globe and Mail,

The Usual Suspects

137. derfab says:

On a similar theme, listening to Burke talk strategically about how the olympics should help grow the nhl makes me ill. Though he is right to point out that the games will be fine without the pros there.

I think we look completely retarded and chauvinistic when we send out our 35 year old millionaires  to hang out with college kids who have a dream.

character is derfab destiny.

138. Mattyleg says:

As much as I liked watching hockey players play for their country last games, I don’t think that there is any place for professionals in the Olympics.

I think the NHL should pair up with the KHL or something and put together a proper world-cup of hockey that everyone gets involved in every four years or so.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

139. derfab says:

Pro teams give up on young players all the time but it doesn’t make it smart ot right. Sergei has enormous potential and obviously needs more time to mature. Pity that Martin and Boucher, especially (the so-called great communicator who understands young players so well), weren’t able to handle him.

character is derfab destiny.

140. HabFanSince72 says:

Sergei doesn’t have “enormous” potential. If he worked his ass off and developed some maturity he could be a decent NHLer. But even hard work wouldn’t turn him into an all-star.

141. SeriousFan09 says:

Markov skating by himself @JayGold says that likely means two months to return. I’m betting Markov shaves that down to mid October.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

142. nightmare_49 says:

via averagejoe – St.Louis Game Time – by Ryan Lambert

•Ryan Lambert covers twitter, and the blogger/access kerfufle. He pretty much echos my thoughts. Teams are wrong to have blanket statements to ban websites. However any hack with a url shouldn’t expect access. As a journalist, I have to work my way up to bigger assignments. Bloggers should do the same thing. Longevity, ability, and yes readership should go into account when credentialing blog. Teams shouldn’t ban websites, but all blogs shouldn’t be given access. [Puck Daddy]

143. Ed says:

You have a great memory for #’s.  I looked it up, & he was #14. There’s even a you tube video from 1980, where he was interviewed by Dave Hodge. Libett had been traded to the Penguins by then, & still wore #14.

The 3 things that stood out to me during that game in 1978 were Lafleur’s 59th & 60th goals; Shutt’s 12 shots on goal as he tried unsuccesfully to reach the 50 goal plateau for the 2nd year in a row; & how hard Mario Tremblay worked throughout the game.

144. nightmare_49 says:

Great work.

It all starts between the ease Paul, some have common sense and some don’t. Without it they are doomed.

Did you ever answer where you live and if you wanted to meet some of this HIO group at some of our events.??